Discontinued Vapir NO2

Glad you're ordering the MFLB Coolglow.

I have one myself, and can tell you its pretty good.

It was interesting to hear your experiences of the NO2.
1 saw a youtube video of the NO2 compared to a water bottle!
Only, the NO2 was in stealth black, not the water bottle.

Its such a unique idea to have something in a black colour and the size of say... a waterbottle.

The NO2 looks great!!
Although in the UK, we don't have water bottles that look anything like it.
So I suppose it would look out of place.

With the MFLB, I'm a
fan. Boy,
is it good to use it without any mishap, like the NO2.

Can't wait for you to try out your new MFLB toy!!!
Is good. You will like.

Vapemania-original,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Coolglow said:
Bought a Vapir No2 and got the smell. It was horrible. I was trying to give up smoking at the time but by the end of two weeks I was actually dreading having to use it. Then black smoke started coming from the bowl. Then it died. The smoke seemed to come from the contact from the screen and heating element thingy. Basically it looked like the screen had melted a bit. For a few days I had to run it hot for 20 mins to clear the black smoke, then when it died I thought, fuck this, I paid 130 for this shit. Sent it back to the UK supplier and they were very good and sent me a brand new replacement. No smell! So I can confirm some smell and some don't! It actually isn't that bad a vape (my experience is limited though)!

However, the new unit came with the screen inserted at the top of the bowl, as shown in this vid (about 1min 30 secs in) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTw4bclNSNo

I assume they are are packing them like this now as it was brand new, out of the box. This prevents the bottom of the screen contacting the bowl but leaves it with a much reduced capacity. I would say the capacity is reduced by about 75%. I cant be arsed refilling it 4 times to get mellow. The vapor it produces is nice - very nice and could have been my day to day vape, but as it is, if I push the screen down then it could break again, and the chambers too small in its current configuration.

Ordering an MFLB. I guess the Vapir No2 is ok if you get one without a smell, and can get stoned on a very small amount. I can really see though how people's experience with this unit can differ so much. If I had only got the unit that didnt smell I could have come on here saying, it doesnt smell, it doesnt smell! But some do!

Hey Coolglow, The screen can be pushed and positionned any way in the bowl from the bottom to the top, as the gauze has a form memory and you can therefore decide the lenght of your bowl/your sesh. And the plastic smell of some units has nothing to do with the gauze. That smell comes from plastic components or/and rubber melting below the bowl because of their proximity to it.

Nice purchase on the MF. Different vape experience, different pros, for different situations. ;)

FLskwat,

keifrichards

Shh! I'm Taping Here
OK

first post... Read this thread from beginning to end... Yes I am a newbie...

Bought the NO2 in spite of the thread LOL.

Showed up 2 days later and stunk of said smell. I am an engineer so I started looking at it. It became evident that the smell comes from the top screen holder. when it touches the brass vape chamber it is causing the plastic to out gas.

I sent it back. Went to the local herbal equip shop and they had one out that had a defective charger and it had no smell... I said to myself maybe I bought a knock off on line from sleezebay. I asked if he had stock and told him my dilemma. He said he never had a smell issue with the NO2...

I said I would buy it on the spot if one of his didn't smell. he opened on up and plugged it in and sure enough it reaked...

Now I ain't no shill for Vapir obviously and I am not here selling any other unit I have an Iolite but was looking for more control. The optimizer helps a bit but I wanted to dial it in...

I am convinced that the smell would not be an issue if the mouth piece screen holder doesn't touch the vape chamber. I believe this is a tolerance issue. If the top was slightly shaved down I believe all the problems would go away. when I called Vapir they acted as if I had 3 heads. I told them they need to check out the forms: "they never heard of this issue with the NO2 and there were new owners dedicated to making sure there is no issue" <------ load of crap

I might buy another and try shaving it down if I hit the lottery.. In the meantime I am getting pieces together to make my own battery vape not for resale just for my head..

found a cool temp control switch chip from National semiconductor, will use 6 Li Ion batteries repackaged (should give 8hrs) into a carved wooden '100's cigarette pack' gonna go with a stainless sleeve heated by a coil, or a glass chamber with copper sleeve and said coil, either way with an etched glass top for attach to small whip or h20... It will have a variable temp control with a pot not digital... would be a pain to cram that board in.

----BigOlpull

ps don't ask to buy it it will be a one off.. It's the engineer in me. never satisfied have to build myself. that's how I got into building guitar amps, guitars and effects.... If and when this ever gets off the bench I will post..

keifrichards,

Coolglow

BigOlpul I think you may be correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTw4bclNSNo

31 secs shows you the plastic cap with the lowered screen. At 33 secs you can see the brass chamber the cap fits into. Looking at mine, I would think that it's entirely possible that the plastic cap may be contacting with the metal chamber.

It also fits in with my first one that stank was using the default screen placement in the chamber, which is at the bottom of it, which would allow the plastic and metal to contact.

The second unit I got, that didn't smell, was set up as you see at 1.33 - the screen is folded over the chamber and prevents the plastic from touching the element.

So positioning the screen at the end of the chamber seems not to be an option as we need the screen at the top of the chamber to prevent any possible release of plastic.

And really, in the video theres not a very good explanation given as to why they reccomend reducing your chamber capacity by at least 75%.

Coolglow,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Sorry to hear that guys, but I am not sure about the explanation:

Yes there are some off gasing units BUT I always thought there were coming from below the chamber, as proven by V4H. The black nylon (used in many vapes such as HA or cano is not the problem, is FDA and resists high temps), the rubber band and poor chinese electronic wires below ARE ISSUES!:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=102397#p102397
&
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=110628#p110628

Never seen a top screen holder touching the brass chamber. If you can still insert a screen (as stated by Coolglow with his setting) in that space between chamber & top screen...then there is no contact!
Have you seen the plastic melted in that spot, or any proof of intense heat?
The off gasing is coming from below guys...
Coolglow you can really push that screen further in the bowl...and if your theory was correct:
Stainless steel would conduct the heat from the brass chamber to the plastic holder, doing exactly the same...

So please read me right, some units stink but that's not why IMO!

FLskwat,

keifrichards

Shh! I'm Taping Here
FLskwat said:
Sorry to hear that guys, but I am not sure about the explanation:

Yes there are some off gasing units BUT I always thought there were coming from below the chamber, as proven by V4H. The black nylon (used in many vapes such as HA or cano is not the problem, is FDA and resists high temps), the rubber band and poor chinese electronic wires below ARE ISSUES!:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=102397#p102397
&
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=110628#p110628

Never seen a top screen holder touching the brass chamber. If you can still insert a screen (as stated by Coolglow with his setting) in that space between chamber & top screen...then there is no contact!
Have you seen the plastic melted in that spot, or any proof of intense heat?
The off gasing is coming from below guys...
Coolglow you can really push that screen further in the bowl...and if your theory was correct:
Stainless steel would conduct the heat from the brass chamber to the plastic holder, doing exactly the same...

So please read me right, some units stink but that's not why IMO!

there is most definitely contact as evident in the dissembled pictures in the thread. You can see black on the top of the brass chamber. it was further proven by the fact that after heating if you take of the top and smell the chamber it is barely smelling but the top reaks.... try it.. go to a store ask them to plug it in bring to temp and take the top of and smell the top screen area. you will be convinced. put your nail on the top screen cover it gets softer as well...

keifrichards,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
http://img42.imageshack.us/i/img0036ow.jpg/
Talking about that picture, right?
The black nipple is not that wide/large... These are the rest of the lateral diagonal walls of the bowl's casing.

OK, anyhow the nail thing is a proof of severe heat, no doubt!
Though I have no more NO2 to check it I am a chronical stirrer, and do not recall this holder to melt/bend that way when I opened the NO2 during seshs to stir... You clearly have an issue there...my bad! ;)

FLskwat,

keifrichards

Shh! I'm Taping Here
FLskwat said:
http://img42.imageshack.us/i/img0036ow.jpg/
Talking about that picture, right?
The black nipple is not that wide/large... These are the rest of the lateral diagonal walls of the bowl's casing.

OK, anyhow the nail thing is a proof of severe heat, no doubt!
Though I have no more NO2 to check it I am a chronical stirrer, and do not recall this holder to melt/bend that way when I opened the NO2 during seshs to stir... You clearly have an issue there...my bad! ;)

No worries.. I was really really bummed I wanted it to be the thing. what gets me is that I have seen units that don't stink.. So It has to be a tolerance issue. Real bummer.

I am a taper.. I tape concerts. I am thinking of just putting a Vapolution in my taper bag with a whip and just attach it to one of my DVD 12v. batteries Bigggg assss pulllllsssss :-) NO2 was the perfect dealio' but I will have to continue the search. Is the Cloud 12v. too?!?!?

I have read the forums for a long time and just joined. as a side note if I had found a NO2 that did work ala the French model I would not have joined the forums and posted for fear of wasted ;-) typing. I would have been dismissed out of hand.. That's the bummer about any forums. your really never know who is typing and what to believe. all this just has to be ideas and a starting point. nothing and I mean nothing beats experience...

BigOlpul

keifrichards,

Blacksolidus

Hey any of you guys know the best method for cleaning out the herb chamber of the NO2? I use the brush thing that came with it after every use but there's still build up. So whats the best way to clean it without damaging the internal mechanics.

Blacksolidus,
alright, im new to the site so bear with me. The Vapir NO2 was my first vaporizer. Ive been smoking for about a year now (Ive come a long way). When I first got it, I loved it. It was a completely different and amazing high. I used it pretty much every day at college, usually multiple times. I was happy, because i had read many terrible things about vapir. However, after about a month of use, the NO2 quit working. Unfortunately i bought it on ebay, brand new, and still had no warranty. Upset to say the least i wanted a different vape.
Enter the iolite. I decided to buy the competitors vape out of hate for vapir. So far so goood. Im going to post a review on the iolite forum soon on it as well as a trick or two that i picked up during my trial and error stage when using the vape. Looking forward to being a fc member

meatballvaper,

20bag

anyone else want to comment on the platic taste, or electronic taste
gonna pick up this or the MFLB tomorrow

20bag,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
20bag said:

Lifetime warranty of the MFLB. Pretty much a deal maker in my opinion. Very portable, very stealthy and pretty darn efficient.

Tom

tdavie,

zmtlka

I'll add my own review of this vape which I just got today.

I've used an Arizer Extreme (the original) quite extensively and have tried the venerable Volcano as well.

I bought the NO2 because it's relatively inexpensive and incredibly convenient.

The thing is quite small and the battery powered mode works pretty well, if a little slow to heat up. The bowl is pretty small but it seems incredibly efficient - half a bowl will get you going! It only goes to 400F / 205C but it hits hard, I started coughing at those temps which I would have normally exceeded on the Extreme.

The biggest problem I've found so far is the initial plastic smell - it's not pungent but it sucks, definitely not something you want to breath.. BUT... after heating it up at max for 1 hr + (note that it turns itself off automatically after 20 min) and washing the moutpiece/tube with water 90% of the taste went away. I'm hoping the rest will soon.

It's not as good as an all glass system, but the vapor is tasty, strong, and it's very efficient. The size and portability are incredible, you can just walk around your house toking without remorse. Recommended, but make sure it suits your needs.

Edit: A caveat is that it seems impossible to draw anything without the hose (you'll burn yourself), making it a little harder to explain in public than it would have been without it. It's a small thing.

zmtlka,

willieR

Been here since 2009
20bag said:

Hopefully you picked up the MFLB. Even if the NO2 had no toxic off gassing, it's a huge dildo. My opinion.

The iolite I much prefer over the NO2 from a form and function standpoint.

The MFLB allows the user to control the vape temp, so in a sense, it has temp adjustability.

I have only used my iolite for 1 day since I received the LB. THat was wehen I was waiting for my new LB, which took 48 hours to arrive.

willieR,

richardt

newbe vaporizor questions (merged)

I just bought a NO2 Vaporizor because I got tired of coughing due to using a pipe. Last night was my first time using it and I have a couple of questions

1. The dealer told me that it works best at 310 degrees which I started with last night but turned it up to 320 becuase I could not taste anything (I did feel the affects though, just freaks me out when I cant taste anything). In the forums they talk about using it at 370 degrees, not sure what is best.

2. How do I know when the herbs I have in the vaporizor are done, again I was unable to taste anything so not sure when i have finished. When I open it up most of the herb are brown but green on the top.

Sorry if these questions have already been answered, and thanks for in advance for any information

Richard

richardt,

DubCRider

1. If you want clouds, turn up the temp. It's all personal preference.

2. If your seeing green on top and brown on bottom try stirring the bowl around and you should get more rips out of it. When it's all brown, it's done.

DubCRider,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Welcome Richard, My advice is that you might wanna turn it up to the higher temps whilst you try and make the transition from smoking. I was a habitual smoker when first discovered vaping with a volcano. At first I didn't really 'get it' or find it as satisfying an experience as bellowing thick combustion fumes, and it wasn't until I experienced high temperature vapor clouds that were kinda similar to the smoking experience (with my ssv) that I manage to quit smoking altogether. Once that link was broken I began to enjoy lighter low temp vapor much more.

It sounds to me like you're at the bottom of the range if you can't taste or see any vapor. Try turning it up to the top of what others say (sorry- I'm in celsius (220) rather than F- I haven't a clue) probably even near the top of the vapes range, and you should be able to see and taste vapor. Keep puffing away until the vapor stops, or thins out and the taste has gone kind of grim- burnt popcorn people say, but I've never smelled/tasted to compare. It should take a long while compared to smoking. Your bud should be brown by this time- give it a stir and you should get a couple more hits (although I've never used the No2 so this might not be the case with this vape, but it is with all my others). (edit: this is a lie- Iolite and vapbong don't benefit from stirring)

Once you've got the hang of it at the higher temps more similar to the familiar smoking experience you can turn it down and find the perfect temp for you.

Enjoy. :D

WatTyler,

Coolglow

richardt said:
newbe vaporizor questions (merged)

I just bought a NO2 Vaporizor because I got tired of coughing due to using a pipe. Last night was my first time using it and I have a couple of questions

1. The dealer told me that it works best at 310 degrees which I started with last night but turned it up to 320 becuase I could not taste anything (I did feel the affects though, just freaks me out when I cant taste anything). In the forums they talk about using it at 370 degrees, not sure what is best.

2. How do I know when the herbs I have in the vaporizor are done, again I was unable to taste anything so not sure when i have finished. When I open it up most of the herb are brown but green on the top.

Sorry if these questions have already been answered, and thanks for in advance for any information

Richard

You'll get nice clouds at about 375 degree's. You'll know when its finished as the vapor will stop coming out. I used to get about 6 hits but it depends on how big your bowl is. You wanna shake it a bit half way through to move the herb about.

Coolglow,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I start out at 373... works best for me. herb will brown too fast if the chamber is too full. I fill 1/2 - 3/4
Air needs to be able to flow around the bud in chamber to make it vape AND stay cooled enough to last 8-10 pulls. If chamber is fuller, it will last 5- 6 pulls as the bud is toasting with a slower restricted air flow.
Vapir NO2 is the best portable that can give a FULL vape session, while moving about. It is also VERY efficient at using all material within!
NOW...
I am so excited about this carrying case I got, I must share!
It was 34.99 Free shipping
It has a great handle you can't see in the image.
It came with free lock and key not even advertised with it!
I ordered it yesterday, and it arrived today (18 hours!).
I can't say enough about it and all of it's features.
Photoon2011-05-07at1117.jpg

I ordered it here----> http://www.amazon.com/Hard-Shell-Vaporizer-Case-Vapir/dp/B004QIUFYI
*Note the supplies in the bag and the bud in the stayfresh included bud pouch (velcroed in place) were NOT included!!
May you all float on a cloud of vaporal mist! :)

Last edited:
Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The case is fantastic.
OK, you are not crazy about the NO2. With any unit there is a "learning curve".
I have owned or used most vape types except the Bag types (don't like them much).
The NO2 while portable is not a "fast blast" like the Iolite or MFLB.
Where the NO2 comes in handy is when you want a full vapor session (mine last 15 minutes or so, about 10 pulls), and still want to be on the move. (I ride the power chair, and walk the dogs with mine, or on a drive)
I found one tip for heavy users that is helpful.
If you give it alot of use, there is a THC oil cleanup that must be occasionally seen to at the very top orifice, where the tube connects to the unit.
oilrun.jpg

Golden clear THC oil can trickle down the tube when you set unit down between uses. I know many like that to let that oil build up, but in this unit, you can't, or the oil eventually will enter the orifice, and after time it can touch the top micro screen. When I see the buildup occurring, I just stick a toothpick in the tube and do a once around. If you can't stand to let the drip of oil go to waste, spread it on a rolling paper. (or on tin foil-use lighter under then sniff the vapors!)
clean-2.jpg

:peace:

Vitolo,

lwien

Vitolo said:
OK, you are not crazy about the NO2. With any unit there is a "learning curve".
I own most vapes except the Bag types (don't like them much).

Two things. One, is that most all of the complaints here about Vapir products including the NO2 has nothing to do with a learning curve, but rather the toxic taste and smell that many of these vapes exhibit. It is apparently a QC issue as well as possibly questionable materials and design defects and has nothing to do with learning curves. Some of our members here are some of the most experienced vaporist on the planet and to suggest that they didn't get over the learning curve before posting up the obvious issues with this vape, in my opinion, is ludicrous.

Secondly, when you say that you own most vapes, I am curious. Which vapes do you own?

lwien,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
lwien said:
Some of our members here are some of the most experienced vaporist on the planet and to suggest that they didn't get over the learning curve before posting up the obvious issues with this vape, in my opinion, is ludicrous.

?

I think I just read a happy customer saying, in the NO2 thread, that he was happy with his unit once he got familiar with it? :peace:

WatTyler,

Vitolo

Vaporist
lwien said:
Two things. One, is that most all of the complaints here about Vapir products....
...Secondly, when you say that you have owned most vapes, I am curious. Which vapes did you own?

OK lwien you have a point. I did address a concept that all here are obviously at home with, and I certainly did not intend to insult.
But.. not all of the experienced vaporists here are displeased with the NO2... I see positive posts also.
And since this was an NO2 Thread, I though I would steer toward the positive aspects of the NO2, to keep the thread objective and show both sides.
I also must apologize for saying I owned most vaporizers, and have corrected that comment to state I have owned or used most vaporizer types.
This is the list of the vapes I actually own at this time.
I started my collection of portables only a short while ago, and the NO2 was my 1st (1st self heating)
SSV (have hands free setup-heater cover/wands, but only use hand held)?
Eagle Bill Glass Shake and vape ?Glass Dome Vape
VaporBrothers
Herbalaire
Hot Box
Easy Vape
Vapir NO2
Vapor Genie
Iolite
MFLB

I have tried numerous other concepts at friends homes and demos
What I have never tried, nor seen in person is Purple Days or MZ. I am interested in this and would like to buy one, but would like to see it up close before I do.
**Back to the NO2 thread... There are many opinions out there. I respect them all.
Not all of my "alternate" units get used every day. My NO2 gets daily use, is all I am saying.

Vitolo,
Top Bottom