Discontinued Vapir NO2

lwien

Vitolo said:
But.. not all of the experienced vaporists here are displeased with the NO2... I see positive posts also.

I never said that "all of the experienced vaporists here are displeased with the NO2". I really try not to talk in absolutes. In this instance, I used words like "some", and "most". If I implied "all", than I apologize.

But to clarify, not all of the NO2's have exhibited this toxic taste and smell issue, but some have, and in the instances when they have, "most" of these have been reported by experienced vaporists where learning curves is not an alien concept to them.

It seems that this issue is more prevalent with the NO2 than just about any other "legit" vape on the market and goes well beyond that of just getting over the learning curve.

lwien,

Vitolo

Vaporist
lwien said:
It seems that this issue is more prevalent with the NO2 than just about any other "legit" vape on the market...
Mine does not have that issue. I am sure glad I didn't get a "lemon"!
:peace:

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Blacksolidus said:
Hey any of you guys know the best method for cleaning out the herb chamber of the NO2? I use the brush thing that came with it after every use but there's still build up. So whats the best way to clean it without damaging the internal mechanics.
Unless the unit has been overpacked repeatedly, or heated with the herb already inside, it should clean easily.
One thing, is , I never use the brush with the unit sitting up. I tap out the vaped stuff, and then I continue holding the unit face down.
If you use the brush with the chamber facing up, the brush will further pulverize any crumb that may be there, and then this dust can with gravities help work into micro crevices.
Still aiming the chamber to ground, I place brush all the way inside and rotate a complete rotation. I remove the brush, and lift the unit over my head, and head back, I lower unit to my mouth. I place lips over units body, and suck the chambers dust . I lift unit away from lips, and still downward, repeat but twist brush other direction. There will always be resistance upon sucking, the unit is built that way. There should remain no debris.
If there is still buildup, you will need to remove the screen. It is tricky, and most replace the screen. If you are careful you can clean a Vapir NO2 screen ( very fine soft mesh) with iso, then carefully reshaping it using a wooden dowel, pen body, or anything cylindrical, with a flat end and make it work again.
(see post #722 of this same thread for my "take"on keeping THC oil from entering to clog top screen area)
I sure hope this was in any manner helpful to you.

Vitolo,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
damn lwien...give the new guy a break...he's not a manufacturer! Hell, it may even be possible for someone to really like this vape and have positive things to say about it. And I suggest you stop using the word toxic to describe the smell from this vape...unless you have documentation that it actually killed someone.

Vitolo...most folks here think the mflb is king of portables, including me. But I've never even held a NO2. Why do you use your NO2 more?

stickstones,

Vitolo

Vaporist
stickstones said:
Vitolo...most folks here think the mflb is king of portables, including me. But I've never even held a NO2. Why do you use your NO2 more?
The only thing about the NO2 that is a very minor inconvenience compared to MFLB (which I really do like too) is the fact that it must be preheated. The preheat is pretty fast though, at about 2.5 minutes.
I use it more, because it gives me a controlled temperature. This allows me to take longer hits of varying depth, and I get a full vape session of 10- 15 minutes before the material is consumed. There is no concern for timing or battery depletion during my session, and I can go two sessions on one battery charge ( though I rarely do - I plug it back in when I am done or I plug it into the car charger if on the road.) If I am in car or near electricity I have the option to use the unit plugged in.
I am disabled, and walk with a cane. I like my MLFB for a fast blast or attitude adjustment, but I never have to "shake up" the NO2 like I do my MLFB which allows me not only a longer, complete vape session on the move, but a smoother "gate" when I am walking, since I do not have to stop to shake up my blend.
* a side note- most NO2 users do not know that you can change the temperature while you vape. In middle of session, just turn power off. use the temp controls to set new temp , and then turn back on... since it is preheated, resetting itself to the new temp is a piece of cake for the unit.
My reasons for portable vaping-I was a "J" smoker. This made "firing one up" anyplace I wanted easy, and I sure could do it on the move. I have enjoyed Vaping for years. When the Doctor recommended I start exclusively vaping, I willingly complied! I obtained various Vapes. I got tired of being "tied' to an outlet. I found it very conspicuous and not simple to move about with a balloon in hand.
I studied the portables, (I had an Eagle Bill Glass Shake &Vape, but it requires 2 hands , and shaking) and decided on the Vapir NO2. I love the unit! I then decided to collect, so I could have all "appealing" alternatives to get comfortably baked in a variety of situations and locations, despite my limitations.
Arizona's Medical Marijuana community is new... the law only passed recently, but I was prepared. I was certified on the first day. My wife was one the 1st 5 state certified M.J. Caregivers. As such, I want to be prepared. I wish to be comfortable with the economic picture and "ease of use" for the portables on the market, as I am now in the position to help a very large community of disabled people to learn about alternatives to combustion, while reminding them that this can be done in other locations than at an electrical outlet!

Please note... my SSV standard with a handheld wand still is #1 in my home!
:)

Vitolo,

lwien

stickstones said:
damn lwien...give the new guy a break...he's not a manufacturer! Hell, it may even be possible for someone to really like this vape and have positive things to say about it. And I suggest you stop using the word toxic to describe the smell from this vape...unless you have documentation that it actually killed someone.

Ok sticks. You're right. I did come down a bit hard. No more comments from me on the NO2. But for the record, I never said that the NO2 was toxic, just that it has been reported to have a toxic smell and taste. Using the word more as an adjective to describe the smell and taste and these types of smell and tastes "could" present a toxic situation. It's one of the red flags that our bodies put up to warn us away from such things that "could" do us harm. I don't believe that I ever said that the NO2, was in fact, a toxic product, and if I did, you can bet your bippy that I would have supplied some sort of documentation to support that claim. Like I said before, I really try hard not to talk in absolutes.

And to Vitolo.......Sorry here too. I may have jumped the gun here a bit. I just have to learn how to stay out of this thread 'cause it kind of brings out the fangs for some odd reason.

lwien,

Vitolo

Vaporist
lwien said:
...And to Vitolo....
No offense was taken lwien. I admire your fierce loyalty to your preferred vapes! I do not mind your "opposing" thoughts on the NO2 either.
You are obviously an experienced vaporist, and your 2 is valued by me and I am sure by all other readers!
re; your fangs... " ?? Don't change a hair for me...??" (from "My Funny Valentine"1937 - Babes in Arms)

Vitolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
"Toxic" is a strong word. But that's why I use it with respect to my NO2. If yours is fine, that's great!

willieR,

lwien

Vitolo said:
...your 2 is valued by me and I am sure by all other readers!

I hope not all, for if that were the case, than I'd feel that whatever I posted wouldn't be that worthwhile to read. ;)

lwien,

Vitolo

Vaporist
OK guys- now to be fair I will tell you the warning I give about the NO2. :uhoh:
It is not about the unit , but about the Warranty.
Vapir is DEAD strict about warranty conditions. If you really care about warranty, you MUST buy the NO2 from an Authorized "Air2" Distributor".
There are tons of NO2s on the web at competitive prices.
All display the Vapir NO2 /Air2 Logo.
I bought mine from a known vaporizer selling website, that displayed this logo.
I called Vapir for my warranty. They asked for my serial number, which I provided. The girl said "Very good, now You need to send us the original sales receipt".
I dug through the trash, and found the packing slip taped under the address and sent it.
I got an email that said this was not the original sales receipt, so I emailed the seller, who sent me the official receipt in the mail. I sent this to Vapir. A couple of days later I got an email that said they were very sorry, but that this unit was purchased from a Vapir seller, and not from an Authorized Distributer. She went on to say that they do business with many retailers of Vaporizers, but that they only honor warranty on units bought directly from their Distributer.
OK.. so I don't get a warranty. I rarely register a vape for one anyway. It is just that they made such a big deal about it on the ad! I paid a good price and the unit works real well. BUT- I did feel that this is bad business, in that they are selling to "Unauthorized Distributers" and by doing so it creates confussion about who gets a warranty and who does not ( remember.. the lady on the phone did acknowledge the serial Number prior to requesting my sales receipt.)
As a portable, and for enjoyment... I still love using it!

Vitolo,

lwien

Vitolo, did you relay this info back to the selling website that you purchased the NO2 from?

lwien,

Vitolo

Vaporist
lwien said:
Vitolo, did you relay this info back to the selling website that you purchased the NO2 from?
Yes, I did. He said that he knew nothing about the conflict of warranty. He immediately removed the warranty comments in the product description, and removed the logo implying he was an "Authorized Distributer".
I think that my advice, is to get one from an unauthorized distributer! The unit is built pretty well and made to last. I just saw one on Ebay for $82! (I paid $128... Authorized Distributers sell them as high as $199!)

Vitolo,

VegasVapor.com

Retailer
I know this thread is almost a year old, but I have to post on this subject because I feel so strongly about the Vapir NO2.

I got the Vapir NO2 having never used another Vapir product. Maybe that was to my benefit because I love this Vapir NO2 vaporizer and I read so many negatives about Vapir. I use the Volcano as my standard because it is so easy to load and we leave it on all day long. But the NO2 is my recommendation to anyone who wants to get into a high quality, durable vaporizer for a low cost, less than $200.

When cash was tight recently, I considered getting rid of my Volcano and using the NO2 full time. The Vapir NO2 produces a higher quality vapor than the Volcano, is easy to draw from, and cleaning and maintenance are no more complicated than taking good care of any other vaporizer.

The Vapir NO2's portability is extraordinary. It is the same size as a 16 ounce bottle of beer. With the plastic tube and mouthpiece, it extends another 4 inches. It fits in my car's center console quite easily and stays charged for more than 80 minutes of actual use time. I enjoy it more than the iolite and VaporGenie. No butane is a major plus. I just have to remember to charge it.

Great product.

VegasVapor.com,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Are you affiliated in any way with the website that is your namesake? If so, I find it interesting that you sell Vapir products there.
:uhoh:

Stu,

willieR

Been here since 2009
At this point, even if my NO2 had no noxious off-gasing, I would not use it. It's too large, and completely unstealthy. (make no mistake, my NO2 pumps out some expremely offensive smell)

I will never be comfortable super heating materials made in China, then inhaling whatever gasses are released. In my opinion, they have no regard for my health. They have high regard for my $, however.

willieR,

max

Out to lunch
willieR said:
At this point, even if my NO2 had no noxious off-gasing, I would not use it. It's too large, and completely unstealthy. (make no mistake, my NO2 pumps out some expremely offensive smell)
Now that you've stated your opinion and preference with the N02, please leave it at that and move on. This thread has seen enough repetitious negativity, and some are treading the line concerning this rule- Don't attack products or companies.

I will never be comfortable super heating materials made in China, then inhaling whatever gasses are released. In my opinion, they have no regard for my health. They have high regard for my $, however.
Who are "they"? Anyone and everyone in China that makes any kind of product? Since the vast majority of consumer products are made in China or another 'low labor cost' country, singling out the entire country of China and every company that manufactures there, but no others, makes no sense. Nor is it correct to slam all products manufactured in any third world country. Once again, it's not where a product is made that's important, but who makes it and how it's made. Each product should be judged on its own merit. Downgrading something just on the basis of where it's made is stereotyping and even qualifies as discrimination. I'm going to jump on this kind of sweeping generalization/bias every time I see it. It's inaccurate and misleading. I don't mean to pick on you here, willie. There are quite a few offenders. I've been guilty myself in the past of referring to cheap vapes sold on eBay as 'made in China' junk, but if I'd known I was contributing to the misperception that 'made in China=junk', and that vapes like the DBV are now of questionable quality, or worse, to be avoided, because it now makes enonomic sense for 7th Floor to export assembly, I would have definitely avoided the 'made in China' phrase. Let's try and be fair here at FC, instead of stereotyping. :peace:

max,
Reactions: Solomon

robert denby

this is a tough thread to mod, im sure.
i still dont have any stink in my unit but i am truely nervous about using it unless i totally have to
something i thought was funny recently:
i went to NYC for a show from where i live in CT and i didnt wanna bring my mflb incase something were to happen to it i would be lost. but i had no problem bringing my no2, even though it cost more i sincerely didnt care if something were to happen to it.
its funny how a chunk of speculations can get under your skin like that...

robert denby,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
VegasVapor.com said:
But the NO2 is my recommendation to anyone who wants to get into a high quality, durable vaporizer for a low cost, less than $200.
I'm sorry but I was reading this line as I sipped my tea - I laughed that hard tea came out my nose. :rolleyes:

nuvap,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Hey Max, I see nothing wrong with stating opinion. I own the unit, have an opinion on the unit, and as the topic allows, I interject my opinion... stated as my opinion. Let's not get too repressive here. If I were presenting my opinion as fact that would be one thing, but I clearly defined my comments as opinion.

willieR,

robert denby

haha yeah while there are things i would say about the no2, high quality and durable are not accurate at all

robert denby,

max

Out to lunch
robert denby said:
i still dont have any stink in my unit but i am truely nervous about using it unless i totally have to
Both the Vapir One and the Oxygen Mini (especially) have been cited as having a taste/smell issue. It became an unofficial 'rule' that you should 'burn in' the Mini with a period of high temp 'leave it on to get rid of the smell', before using it. But I don't remember a lot of talk about inhaling toxic compounds because of the plastic shell. Really, vape housings shouldn't get hot enough to be dangerous to use, any more than vape tubing. But we certainly don't have all the answers on Vapir products and a lot of others. There's no bold black line where safety is concerned. It's a much wider, gray area, and likely to remain that way for a good while. And we certainly don't want the government deciding for us. Talk about bias. They'd be likely to ban all vaporizers as unsafe to use. There's no vape maker on earth large enough to get any 'big business' breaks where the government's concerned.

willieR said:
Hey Max, I see nothing wrong with stating opinion. I own the unit, have an opinion on the unit, and as the topic allows, I interject my opinion... stated as my opinion. Let's not get too repressive here. If I were presenting my opinion as fact that would be one thing, but I clearly defined my comments as opinion.
I was addressing your 'made in China' generalization mostly, but if I think anyone's taking 'expressing opinion' into excess and attacking a product/company by countering each and every positive post with a negative one, or piling on with negative comments (not saying that you, in particular, are guilty of either), then I'll interpret the forum rules as I see fit, not to be repressive, but to be evenhanded to manufacturers. Anyone making a ton of posts about a model they clearly aren't happy with, especially when there's no company rep present for discourse, should consider the possibility that we may consider that crossing over into attacking a product/company.

We want FC to be a force in the vape market that encourages manufacturers to produce safe, reliable models, but we don't want to go overboard and turn suspicious into toxic. While we don't want to pull any punches on products that are questionable due to emitting odors or have a history of being unreliable, we also don't want to make prospective members feel afraid to join and post because they've bought a Vapir product or a cheap clone box vape. We don't want to be considered elitist, as I said. We want to tell it like it is, but use our individual experiences to do it, not rumors, half truths, and myths. There's a lot of wrong info about vapes that gets around (like metal in the vapor path=toxic, even with the Volcano), and we don't want to be a part of it.

If you think your N02 stinks and you're concerned about using it, feel free to say so, but don't state it's dangerous to use. No proof of it. And if you haven't used one, don't just jump on the bandwagon as far as giving it the thumbs down. The N02 obviously works well, and also obviously has a taste issue for some. We need to ackowledge here that everyone's taste/smell ability isn't the same. Mine has seen better days. The quote below (from p. 10 of this thread) is worth repeating, since sm has used a LOT of different vape models, and is known to have discerning tatste/smell.

stonemonkey55 said:
I've had mine for a couple of months now and can still taste the plastic -- it is too bad because if it weren't for that, I'd definitely give it two thumbs up

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Besides the fact that I do own an MFLB and an Iolite, I have already said that I like using my NO2 more( as a portable).
I thought I would mention that I am in a pain support group.
48 out of 60 are medical marijuana patients.
29 of the 48 are Vaporizer users.
9 of the 29 own an NO2.

Out of these 9 NO2 users, 2 have this as their only vaporizer, so they have nothing to compare
to.
That leaves 7 experienced Vaporizer users, that own several units (I am included here).
None have experienced an odor, or anything but what they describe as clean taste.

Since I learned that Vapir only will honor warranty on units bought directly from "Authorized Distributers"
I have had cause to think. A friend just ordered a New NO2 for a very low price on Ebay, from a seller that had a very large stock. I am waiting for him to tell me that his unit has arrived.
I wonder if these very inexpensive Ebay units are illegal "knock offs".
This is a Vapor community.
People come here to learn and to compare notes.
I went through this thread with care. I found only a few people that were dead against the NO2. It may seem like more because they have posted and reposted the comments about their dislike for the product forcefully and plentifully!
Everyone has an opinion. If you are in doubt walk into a head shop where they sell this unit and ask what people say about it, and what people seem to prefer. That is what I did. I waited until a couple people bought NO2 replacement tubes or screens and I asked them how they liked their units, and which others they owned. People were very willing to share info, as they were placed in the position of "reviewer". Nobody complained of any odors. I did my homework when I decided on a portable.
Readers should do their homework too!

*Remember.. just a few disgruntled people... if they are vocal enough, can sound like a crowd!

Vitolo,
Reactions: Solomon

willieR

Been here since 2009
Max, I think (meaning my opinion) minimizing this issue as a "taste issue for some" is simply a minimization of the problem. If you experienced this yourself, you would see why some like me have been so vocal. In my opinion, this is not at all a little "gee, this smells a little odd" issue. Far from it. I have serious health concerns for what is causing the significant odor and what I might be inhaling.

I have no proof and don't intend to commission a toxicological study anytime soon. Why would I? Just because I have no lab data does not mean there is no risk.

I also have the opinion that the company and its dealers are simply sweeping this whole thing under the rug and there has to be some vocal counterbalance to this. I would add that in my opinion, there have been many shills participating on the behalf of the manufacturer or dealers. Not calling out any in particular, and certainly there are NO2 users that are satisfied and have posted such and I personally welcome any legitimate opinions.

I would hope that FC would side with the end user and not the companies profiting from us.

willieR,

max

Out to lunch
willie, I added to my last post, since I didn't see your response until after posting. Your current post above doesn't change my mind. In fact, you seem to be saying you want to use the thread to crusade/protest. I think I've made my position clear, but if you need some clarification feel free to email me. As for further discussion of it here, I want to make it plain that your argument isn't with another member. You're making a public discussion of a staff decision, and that's not allowed.

Vitolo said:
48 out of 60 are medical marijuana patients.
29 of the 48 are Vaporizer users.
9 of the 29 own an NO2.
Out of these 9 NO2 users, 2 have this as their only vaporizer, so they have nothing to compare
to.
That leaves 7 experienced Vaporizer users, that own several units (I am included here).
None have experienced an odor, or anything but what they describe as clean taste.
This reinforces what I've seen from others who have used the N02- a mixed bag concerning taste/smell. Although I don't know you or have any proof that the other N02 users you site even exist, I do know one person who owns this model and also reports no taste/smell issues. And I trust that person to not have an agenda. While that means nothing, as far as safety goes, detecting bad taste doesn't necessarily mean there's a safety issue either. There are certainly enough negative comments here for caveat emptor, but we're not going to have a safety crusade against the company because some are of the opinion that it's unsafe.

max,
Top Bottom