Discontinued Vapir NO2

Cairo1

Nice Post Wilf. That's the issue exactly. Apparently there are a few dealers with inventory and fel threatened. How else do you explain their defensiveness to the point of rudeness.

Cairo1,

vapeguy

I got a Vapir One 1.0 many years ago and it leaked like crazy but worked relatively well after blocking all the leaks with tape. One or two years later I got the Volcano and have had it for almost 5 years now. It's great but I want to replace it with something more compact and where I ideally don't have to keep inflating balloons like I'm preparing a birthday party each time. Being wireless would be another nice feature.

I was leaning towards the Iolite until I realized that no adjustable temp is a problem because of reports from people being able to extract more vapor by putting Iolite ABV in a vape with temp control. I also don't want the MFLB because I want automatic temp control and longer battery life. This pretty much leaves me with the Vapir models and the best, or least bad, seems to be the NO2.

Even after reading all 27 pages of this thread over several days, I'm quite sure I'm going to buy it since I was told that not only would they test my unit before shipping it, but that if I wasn't satisfied I could return it for a credit. I'm also very sensitive to taste, I can't drink tap water because the taste of chlorine and chemicals is too powerful and makes me gag if ever I accidentally drink tap water so at restaurants I always get bottled water. So if the NO2 I buy has any taste, I should be able to easily detect it.

I tend to think that there may be good and bad units out there, I doubt everyone saying there's no taste is saying that for their financial gain.

If ever I did decide to return it, what would be a good choice as an exchange for the NO2 considering I want to replace a Volcano?

Thanks

vapeguy,

lwien

FLskwat said:
An Incognito Vaporizer from Hipi
http://www.tayloreverything.com/HiPi_Vaporizers.html
;) seems to meet all your needs!

Two things. One is that it's not really a portable. Still needs a wire attached to it to work be it AC or DC.
The other thing is that it's brand new on the market without any real reviews here in order to get a handle on how good or not good this vape really is.

I'd still suggest a LaunchBox based up the overwhelming great reviews as well as the constant access here to the manufacture as well as the best warranty in the business. The battery concern has basically been a non issue for most all users here when in portable mode.................and there is now an adjustable power adapter available for home use where you can vary the temps. In portable mode, the temps can still be varied with how long you keep the battery in contact with the contacts as well as draw speed.

lwien,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I was sure you were going to post ...that! :D

Hipi's new design is with battery and with the dimmer on the the PA...so you should have a REAL portable buth with no temp control.
And yes, as both NO2 & MF owner, the MF battery is a non issue, if you have 4 batteries ;) !

FLskwat,

lwien

FLskwat said:
.....the MF battery is a non issue, if you have 4 batteries ;) !

From the vaporpedia site:
"How many hits can I get from a battery?
2000 mAh batteries (shipped) should provide 5 minutes of vapor draw time. Assuming 15 second "standard" hits, people should get approximately 20 hits worth per battery--15 hits reliably, or if taking 12 hits per filling (completely cashed), somewhat more than 1 trench.."

15 hits is a lot. I mean, how many hits would you need before you would be back home for a recharge? 4 batts, according to this, would be equal to 60 hits. Do you really need to have 60 hits available to you at any one time, unless of course, vaporpedia is totally off base with their calculations?

lwien,

vapeguy

If I'm not happy with the NO2 I might settle for a corded one. I had a closer look at the Extreme Q and it seems really good, is it better than the Volcano? Does it also contain glass inside the device or are only the removable parts made of glass? If there's glass in the non removable parts inside the device then it may be too fragile, but if only the removable parts are glass I assume you can buy new ones if they break?

Otherwise would any other vape, corded or not, be a good replacement for the Volcano?

vapeguy,

vapeguy

Yea I realized that as I posted, I'll read the extreme Q thread. And once I get the NO2 will post a review, unless something convinces me not to even try it, but since they offered to both test it for smell before shipping and allow me to return it for a store credit then I don't have much to loose other than being obligated to then choose another vaporizer to use the credit, but the extreme Q seems like it would be a nice replacement for my volcano.

vapeguy,

vapeguy

I forgot to mention, I had contacted Vapir about the plastic taste and smell as well as to ask if there is lead in the vaporizer, both to see what they would say and to be sure they are aware that they are likely loosing sales due to the plastic taste so that they maybe fix it.

I was surprised to get a reply within about an hour, here it is:

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in our products, we really appreciate it. I would be glad to help you with your question:
First let me put your mind at ease and specifically state that there is nothing to worry about. All of our products are made of high grade heat-resistant material. According to MSDS (Material Safety Date Sheet) Vapir Vaporizers do not release any VOC, even at the highest operating temperature. We do not use glue in the Vapir Oxygen Vaporizer, rather a high temperature medical grade epoxy to secure craftsmanship. The actual Oxygen unit casing is a high-temperature Nylon-Fiberglass compound. The unit is designed to operate within this high temperature range of up to and including 400 degrees Fahrenheit, this is why you can hold the unit in your hand even at these high temperatures and feel very little to no heat. The Herb Chamber is made out of brass and produces a very clean heat, hence there are no VOC's given off by the Oxygen unit at any time.
Furthermore, Vapir is committed to continuous testing of all our products for quality control and to ensure that we deliver the highest quality and safest products possible to our clients. As you can see, we take the high quality of our product very seriously. Therefore, you need not worry.
---We do realize everyone's tasting sense is based on a personal preference and thus some may encounter such taste and others may not (just like food for an example: not everyone likes the same food or tasting may be a bit more sensitive). With this being said, when any electronic device and or cooking accessories is brand new, there is typically a "new smell", and for those that encounter this, it can simply and easily be solved by turning on the unit for approximately 40 min to "break it in" and the smell will simply diminish. Rest assure there is nothing wrong with the unit and does not contain BPA or lead as this product is a Food Related unit and is FDA approved. (this too is noted on our website).
I hope this helps and answers your questions about the NO2. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the unit, please feel free to ask and I would be delighted to help

Natalia
Customer Support & Sales

vapeguy,
Reactions: Solomon

lwien

aab1 said:
With this being said, when any electronic device and or cooking accessories is brand new, there is typically a "new smell", and for those that encounter this, it can simply and easily be solved by turning on the unit for approximately 40 min to "break it in" and the smell will simply diminish.

To my way of thinking, after the 40 min break in, the smell should simply vanish, not simply diminish. Just because it may be a bit less than when brand new surly doesn't make it acceptable.

lwien,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
lwien said:
FLskwat said:
.....the MF battery is a non issue, if you have 4 batteries ;) !

From the vaporpedia site:
"How many hits can I get from a battery?
2000 mAh batteries (shipped) should provide 5 minutes of vapor draw time. Assuming 15 second "standard" hits, people should get approximately 20 hits worth per battery--15 hits reliably, or if taking 12 hits per filling (completely cashed), somewhat more than 1 trench.."

15 hits is a lot. I mean, how many hits would you need before you would be back home for a recharge? 4 batts, according to this, would be equal to 60 hits. Do you really need to have 60 hits available to you at any one time, unless of course, vaporpedia is totally off base with their calculations?

1st my point was that to have the time autonomy of the NO2 (roughfly 80 mn on mine) you need 4 batts (and I'm talking about 2400 at least, if not 2700).
2nd, And about my needs on portability:
50 km to go work: 40 mn
Noon break at work: 30 mn in my car or outdoors.
50 km to go back home: 40 mn to 1h when traffic jam.

So the MF does the trick with 4 x 2700 because I only need the MF to heat when I puff which obviously is not during the WHOLE above "timings" (this is a con of the NO2, always heating eaven when you're not puffing). But I do have 8 batts. because I do have situations when I need much more then 60 hits! ;)

Another thing interesting: if I want my MF's ABV to get the same color as my NO2's I need very very long time! (this can be either good or bad...)

FLskwat,

lwien

FLskwat said:
So the MF does the trick with 4 x 2700 because I only need the MF to heat when I puff which obviously is not during the WHOLE above "timings" (this is a con of the NO2, always heating eaven when you're not puffing).

Yeah, this is what I didn't like about the Iolite either. I don't want my bud being cooked between hits.

FLskwat said:
But I do have 8 batts. because I do have situations when I need much more then 60 hits! ;)

Wow. See for me, I only vape once a night, and 4 hits from my PD gets me where I want to be for the evening. 60 hits would last me over 2 weeks. :/

lwien,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Yeah I know my tolerance is so fucked up... :D Constant change of technics & strains is my only salvation, hihi!
No, in fact I've lived pretty well 15 years with the cones of the heaviest strains being my hourly cigarettes and never done a 1 day break in 16 years... I hav now a level of tolerance where I will never be disfunctional on any level of THC...and I do somehow like that :ninja: !

FLskwat,

lwien

^^ And that's why one has to be kind of careful when giving out advice based strictly upon one's own personal usage. In this instance, there's just too much variance in tolerances to categorically state that ".......the MF battery is a non issue, if you have 4 batteries".

lwien,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Again my statement was: if you want similar autonomy as the NO2 with your MF you need at least 4 batteries... which seems pretty objective to me...
But you are right variance and tolerance are such case-to -case factors that all these statements are 100% subjective (...including the Vaporpedia BTW...:rolleyes:)

FLskwat,

lwien

FLskwat said:
But you are right variance and tolerance are such case-to -case factors that all these statements are 100% subjective (...including the Vaporpedia BTW...:rolleyes:)

Yeah, but they give a range of hits that one can get from a trench and used words like "assuming" and "approximately".

Anyway, no biggie. Just wanted to clarify that one may not need 4 charged batts with an MF to reliably use it as a portable.

Back to the No2, eh?

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
vaporizers.ca said:
Honestly, most big manufacturers don't bother with forums, especially ones with a swear word in the actual domain name.
Since we have a user name registered as 'Vapir Vaporizers', with a vapir.com email address, I'd say that they have taken note of us. In fact, I think the only major vape maker we haven't seen here is Storz & Bickel, and I'd bet that someone from that company has at least visited. ;)

The thread does need to stay on topic, and let's not see the same old 'warnings' given repeatedly, or anyone called out as a shill.

max,

vapeguy

After first wanting an Iolite, then a Vapir NO2, I ended up choosing the Extreme Q and just ordered it to replace my several year old Volcano. Should be here in a few days. Sorry but I won't be able to provide a review of the NO2, I will of the Extreme Q though.

vapeguy,

Adaox

Cairo1 said:
There's just no getting around the NO2 had a LOT of complaints. Mine is a piece of crap. I was screwed, so I let people know.

Frankly Adax you significantly cheapen this forum with your juvenile antics. I've read many posts and threads here at FC and have yet to see postings so immature and contentious.

You were screwed. Yes you've made that point very clear. How much did you pay for your no2? And the reputable dealer helped in your resolution right?

tdavie said:
Adaox said:
Let's agree that some no2's have a smell/taste of plastic. (From a primarily plastic product... awmagawd who'd a thunk it?!) If you buy it. Don't cry later.

No more tears in this thread now please? :D

With regard, ~$180 is a lot of money to some people. They expect the product to work and to not be defective. Clearly a lot of the N02's are. People bitch about them. Human nature, and in my opinion quite reasonable.

If you buy it, don't cry later???? Care to explain that?

regards

Tom

Please don't take my comments out of context.

"Let's agree that some no2's have a smell/taste of plastic. (From a primarily plastic product... awmagawd who'd a thunk it?!) If you buy it. Don't cry later."

What would you like me to explain? The MFLB has a slight wood taste to it. (When used without the tube.) If you buy it. Don't cry later. My statement stands. :/

willieR said:
Exactly. I see you posting here frequently and what dealer wouldn't?

We were talking about manufacturers...

lwien said:
vaporizers.ca said:
The above reply is exactly why most dealers and manufacturers avoid forums.

That's just not true. It's the exact same thing that Adaox said above and I listed a BUNCH of vaporizer manufacturers that are active here.

READ SIR.
Most dealers and manufacturers avoid forums.
NOT:
Most dealers and manufacturers avoid fuckcombustion.com's forums.

Thank you.

FLskwat said:
Adaox said:
Please, I'll wait. I asked some questions in my previous posts. Which have gone unanswered by the loyal naysayers here. I'm still waiting. :)

I did answer on the cleaning questions ! ;)

Thank you for that. I'll report back on what tactic seems to work best for me. I undergo HEAVY usage with this thing. (some days it stays on for 10+ hours.) Changing screens was always easier, but def not cheaper. >.>

PS. Good call on the EQ for a 'cano replacement. Out of the options listed, that seems to fit the best in that category!

Adaox,

lwien

Adaox said:
READ SIR.
NOT:

Thank you.

Uhh, that's NOT what you said. What you said was:

Adaox said:
Forums generally mean little to a manufacturer. Unless it's their forums, which theses aren't.

Now please tell me how in the hell your first comment makes any sense in light of your quote above? This was all in the context of discussing why Vapir is not active here, when in light of everything going on with their vape, they SHOULD be. How can you possibly make a comment that you were excluding this site in this conversation when you made that comment?

lwien,

Adaox

lwien said:
Adaox said:
READ SIR.
NOT:

Thank you.

Uhh, that's NOT what you said. What you said was:

Adaox said:
Forums generally mean little to a manufacturer. Unless it's their forums, which theses aren't.

Now please tell me how in the hell your first comment makes any sense in light of your quote above? This was all in the context of discussing why Vapir is not active here, when in light of everything going on with their vape, they SHOULD be. How can you possibly make a comment that you were excluding this site in this conversation when you made that comment?

That's right. Vaporizers.ca said that, although it was my understanding that, that is in fact exactaly what I'd said... :)

lwien said:
vaporizers.ca said:
The above reply is exactly why most dealers and manufacturers avoid forums.

That's just not true. It's the exact same thing that Adaox said above and I listed a BUNCH of vaporizer manufacturers that are active here.

So since you fail at reading again. We'll use BOTH quotes at the same time.

READ SIR.
NOT:

READ SIR.
NOT:
Fuckcombustion.com's forums generally mean little to a manufacturer. Unless it's their forums, which these are?

Thank you.

Both of those are GENERAL statements. Beyond the little digital world of fuckcombustion.com. (No offense to FC is intended here... just making a point.)

The only bad taste in my mouth is from people that haven't even used the no2 in this thread, or take issue with it because out of the thousands of units they got a bad one. From grey market or used to boot!

I've seen a no2 die, be taken back same day and my friend is happy as can be, since his DEALER took care of him. Not the manufacturer! Which by the way, aren't the same thing. >.>

Adaox,

lwien

willieR said:
lwien why waste your time with this?

I have no fucking idea. :shrug:

No more from me on this...........at least when it comes to "trying" to communicate with Aadox.

Done............

lwien,
Top Bottom