Discontinued Vapir NO2

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
Budz Bunny said:
DeepFried said:
If you want to look like you are blowing a dildo while vaping.. go for it
OMFG That was too funny.
:lol::lol::lol:

i read this thread but never even looked at a picture until now.

a dildo!!! too true!

:lol::lol:

SSS,

AndrewMT

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and new to vaporizing in general. I kind of jumped right in. Two weeks ago I was looking at different vaporizer manufacturer's sites, a few days later I bought the N02 from GotVape, and last week the vaporizer arrived on my door (I'm impatient with shipping, so I used 2nd-day express).

I have never, ever, written an in-depth review of any product, but I am so perplexed by this vaporizer that I decided to write my experience down and hopefully get some suggestions/guidance from the readers and other N02 owners.

Let me start by saying that the current herb I burn/smoke is very potent. Their are noticeable effects within the first few minutes and I experience a wonderful high for about 2 hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experience with NO2:

- Build seems okay. Lots of plastic, but still durable.
- AC input is in an unobtrusive when you are using it.
- Unit gets to 365F in under a minute under AC, in 2-3 mins under battery power.
- Herb tray is easy enough. Instructions recommend that you ground your herb as much as possible, then fill the tray no more than 3/4 high.
- Tray is easy to clean with bottle brush. Just takes a few seconds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Metal mesh screen:
The mesh prevents you from breathing in the crushed herb. It is horribly designed. The mesh is located in the mouthpiece and is held down primarily by gravity. The mesh quickly gets clogged as normal suction can lift the herb out of the tray and stick it to the screen. The screen will also move out of place allowing whole herb to be sucked down your windpipe if you are not careful.

In summary, the screen is:
1.) Too close to the herb, so the herb can be pulled up via section rather easily.
2.) Screen is not held in place, so it often does not fully occlude the herb from being sucked up into the user's windpipe.

Vapor:
Now this is the confusing part. You hook a tube up to the unit's mouthpiece and breath through the tube's mouthpiece. Easy enough. When I suck on the unit I initially see visible vapor. After 2-3 sucks, I can no longer see the vapor. Am I supposed to see the vapor or not? So I inhale off and on for over five minutes and feel nothing. Along with a strong plastic-like taste/scent, I can taste the herb a little. I then fill the tray up with new herb, heat it up, and then inhale off and on for another five minutes. Nothing happens. I repeat one more time with new herb and another 5 minutes. Nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong? Is it the consistency of the herb (do I need a mechanical grinder instead of a manual aluminum grinder)?. Am I taking too long or too short a breath? How many tokes on the N02 is equivalent to one inhale on a joint?

I hope I am doing something wrong. If not, then I have a malfunctioning unit. Even worse, this model vaporizer could be poorly designed and just doesn't work well.

Thanks for your help. Does anyone know if GotVape will allow returns (whether the unit is malfunctioning or the model is just plane ineffective)?

AndrewMT,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Yours was the first real review I have seen of this vape, Andrew. It's unfortunate you are not experienced with vaporizers as this means it could be user error or a shitty vape. I would advise you to read over the threads here on hitting a whip, grinding your herb and temperatures and what not and once you feel you have a good understanding try the No2 again.

Vapir gets pretty shitty reviews and the fact that you say you're getting a plastic taste is a big red flag in my book. If you can get access to another vaporizer and try it out and like it, then you definitely know you can ditch the vapir.

If you decide to get rid of it and can't return it, try ebay. Welcome to FC you will find much information on loads of different vapes, just take a look around, do some research and I'm confident you will figure it out.

bluntfaced,

lwien

AndrewMT said:
Along with a strong plastic-like taste/scent, I can taste the herb a little.
Question Andrew. Vaporizers.ca suggested the following: "The plastic taste is honestly a non issue on the NO2, that was the biggest concern with the Oxygen so it was addressed with the NO2. All you need to do is 30 minutes to 1 hour burn in with no inhaling and you'll be ready to roll. Within a few hours of use after that, it will taste like whatever herb you are using." Did you do this 30 min to 1 hour burn in?

Edit: After rereading the quote above, I'm a bit confused. One one hand, vaporizers.ca suggests that after a 30 min to 1 hour burn in, you should be ready to roll with no plastic taste, but right after he suggests this: "Within a few hours of use after that, it will taste like whatever herb you are using." So does that mean that it takes a 3 hour burn in for the plastic taste to go away?

lwien,

Raf007

Retailer
Andrew, try to draw slower, on many vapes your draw speed is a key in getting nice clouds of vapor.

Thx for the review guys btw. Waiting for some more on this product.

About comparing it to the Iolite, personnly I like the 2sec recharge and the facts that it fits in my pocket, ;which is important for a portable imo.

Raf007,

gim

Hard for me to trust anything that has to burn off a plastic taste for 1-3 hours.

gim,

skystate

I didnt do the 1 hour burn. But didn't get any plastic taste.

Andrew, something that I considered and stopped before doing, you maybe did... I wait for the unit to cool down before I put that bottle brush in the bowl to clean it. I speculated that I may be able to put a coating of plastic inside of it, when too hot, by melting the "plastic" of the bottle brush into the unit. ? don't know for sure.

As for your "not seeing vapor".. you don't see mush of anything going through the tube on the way in, and on the exhale you should (imo always) see something visible. Sometimes you need to exhale against a background that is dark colored in order to visibly track the exhale.

But feeling "no effect"?... wow that is alarming. I have had to learn to dial down the vape input in order to handle the good effect on me.
--------------
On my own day 3 experiment:

I wanted to use less herb and see what the time frames and the buzz and cloud looked like.

So I filled the unit with half of what the scoop allows for, and it would be safe to say it was less than half of the bowl when inserted. One of my more pleasant surprises was that the draw increased dramatically. Such that for the first time, I was feeling like I was filling my lungs more with vape than I had before - especially compared to the Iolite. (Iolite draw is slow and steady no matter how you do it)

-----------
Also, Andrew, the vapirno2 comes with a mouthpiece to go onto the plastic tube. Try taking off that mouthpiece and hitting right off the tube.. if you haven't already. ust a thought to increase airflow.

--------

my screen did get restricted when I used finely ground and very dry (already vaped) material. But my fresh stuff does not seem to get so attracted to the mouthpiece screen. In fact, my half bowl, stays down in the chamber and did not - so far- even make it to the screen. It stayed down in there. Again, making the draw double what it is with the bowl in full mode.

I really felt like I had some great full lung hits for a first time. (I have only used Iolite and this)

skystate,

skystate

Andrew the only thing I can think of is that your drawing fast and furiously? If so, welcome to the club, I certainly inhaled on my first sessions way to fast. After a while, the balance seems to be found which logic would tell you allows the herb to marinate in the heat and be drawn off slowly.

A description would be to draw over a ten second period. at an amount, that imp, would allow you to fill your lungs almost to full. finishing off your inhale with fresh air -no vape.

But to get even a couple of good hits at the first, as you have been doing implies you should be getting a good buzz. And by the fact you feel nothing.. is again.. not a good sign at all.

That is not right.. imo. See vape 2-3 has to equal to noticing something!

Good luck.

skystate,

vaporizers.ca

Retailer
Andrew, multiple people have stated that its very effective and I personally have used EVERY major vaporizer released in the past 5 years and the NO2 does do the trick FOR SURE.

You grind up your herb, turn the unit up to around 170C, put your herb in, start inhaling.
If you want just a bit of vapor, fill half the chamber, if you want a big session do 3/4 to full.

For the first 20 seconds you won't get much vapor, after that, you'll get quite a few minutes of vapor.
I personally used mine last night, got a few nice 5 minute sessions out of it.

If you are not producing vapor properly:
1. The unit isn't running it hot enough.
2. The herb isn't ground up enough (coffee grinder is BEST for NO2, the finer the better)
3. The unit may be defective (unlikely since it sounds like its working).

To make sure its producing, you should taste it, smell it and see the vapor (blow into a light).

For taste, If you did the 1 hour burn in, the plastic taste will be minimal.
If you skipped that part, what can I say, even Arizer recommends a 30 minute run on the Extreme
After a few hours of actual use, it will taste like your herb, that simple.

Make sure you soak your tube in hot water and if taste is a big deal, add some lemon juice to it.

It really sounds like you didn't do the burn in at all based on your taste comment.
Based on my use and 3 days of demos at the TY Expo, not a single person complained about taste.

Also, you need to inhale fairly hard but STEADY and consistent.

Glass on glass is great, I love my Extreme but talk about an easy unit to break as a portable.

PORTABLE = durable #1

Damon

If you have any questions or would like detailed explanation, you can contact me personally through the forums or by emailing me directly, happy to help.

vaporizers.ca,

vaporizers.ca

Retailer
Follow up:
1. 170C is the STARTING temp for high temp herbs, you might need higher.
My personal unit is good at around 172C but I personally don't like the "smokey" taste.
So START at 170C, if you aren't getting much vapor, crank it up, you do have up to 205C.
2. Grinding is CRITICAL for the NO2, it will not vaporize chunks well, the more air flow the better.
Ideally, before you go portable, grind up your herbs in a coffee grinder and bring that.
If you need to use a portable grinder, just make an extra effort to grind it up well.

Those two points were so important I figured I'd type another message. :)

Damon

vaporizers.ca,

Wolface

So would the No2 just fit down into a large commercial softdrink cup with the straw sticking up through the lid? If so, that level of stealth would work great!:ninja:

Wolface,

vaporizers.ca

Retailer
I posted the dimensions in an earlier post.
I think if the drink was big enough, it could fit inside it.

In Canada, we don't have as many big drinks but I'm sure in the USA it wouldn't be a problem finding one that's big enough. :)

skystate

Yes it will fit into a large soft drink cup, One of the large plastic ones like you get with a superzize drink from McDonalds.. rather than the (less large) paper type. I'll try to get a picture of it in here.

This also adds one more +, imo, to the No2 over Iolite. When going in such (cup) stealth mode with Iolite, there is the fact that in a cup, you have all the combusted air sitting in an enclosed space which is also more apt to combine with the air you are drawing in. I was pretty good at investigating the properties of the Iolite exhaust fumes and (almost) concluded that the exhaust of the iolite is safe to inhale.. though they go to some extent to proudly state that the draw on iolite comes in from a "different position" than the exhaust goes out, implying that the two to do not encroach on each other. Which made me think, why care if the exhaust is so totally harmless?

However, since in a cup, the unit is forced to draw in the exhaust laden air captured in the cup, I was a little more thoughtful about my own use. After researching the details of the exhaust I was not satisfied enough that the exhaust of the iolite was simply CO2 and Water. Mainly because the smell was not totally innocuous. And so I was still hesitant to drop it in a cup and basically be drawing on the confined exhaust air. This may just be paranoia combined with a total lack of basic chemistry, and not enough faith in the chemistry of other posters. I was letting my nose be the judge.

As you can probably foresee, the No2 is not putting out any exhaust! Hence, drop in a cup, and stop worrying if people know what they are talking about re Iolite exhaust fumes being safe -or not.

I am still doing various tests to see what the outer feel of No2 is for heat transfer to the touch. I have put my hand around it solidly at the end of a 5-10 min session, and felt a twinge of heat that almost makes me want to move my hand to avoid it feeling too hot. but about the time I feel that, it dissipates enough to calm my fear of feeling too hot. Still testing to make sure it seems safe to put away right after turning off.

skystate,

Wolface

So what is the hit size like for this thing, Would it be comparable to a PD? I would like to see a better video of the NO2 in action!

Wolface,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
vaporizers.ca said:
You want an honest dealer, you found one, you can tell that by our posts.
We're actually normally a little too honest, that can get us in trouble. :)

Happy to play nice, I like forums provided the trolls are at home sleeping - lol
That's funny, the quote above does not seem to be consistent at all with your few posts you have made here:

post #46 on this thread you posted
vaporizers.ca said:
I've personally been using the prototype for over a month and its a very good portable.
Definitely got me excited about the product which is why we ordered a few hundred of them.
then on post #54 on this thread you posted
vaporizers.ca said:
I have no affiliation with the new poster, we only got a few units initially and sold out at the TY Expo. I'm definitely an up and up type of guy so that's cool with me.
Sorry vaporizers.ca, but those statements are in direct opposition with each other, you either ordered a "few" or a "few hundred" BIG difference, so I can't in all honesty believe anything else you post. In my opinion you did order several hundred units, then discovered they are a P.O.S. just like all crapir products and are now trying to hype them up in here to get them off loaded. I think you will find the forum members here are smarter than to fall for that old sales tactic.

Pretty good memory for a "stoner" eh'

DeepFried,

lwien

DeepFried said:
In my opinion you did order several hundred units, then discovered they are a P.O.S. just like all crapir products and are now trying to hype them up in here to get them off loaded.
Naw, I don't think that's it. See post #71 in the following thread: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=171&p=3

With both Vapeworld and Vaporizer.ca promoting this at the same time when there was no promotions like this going on before makes me think that Vapir is offering a spiff or discount or co-op dollars to their distributors to help move through some n02's. First an ad campaign in print such as what appeared in Maxim followed up with a sales incentive program presented to their distributors makes a bit of marketing sense, eh.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

I don't know if anybody noticed in the video on Youtube they open the filling chamber and it looks to me like a shiny "brass" bowl when they clearly state that the heating element it "brass encased stainless steel"

Wow I can't believe there is so much interest in this thing, all reviews so far are from new members and advertisers. I am not trying to say that the new members are lying but the members following this thread should take into consideration these reviewers joined in order to give a review on their first posts. Advertiser/Seller reviews should always be taken with a grain of salt. An uncut video review with actual vapor would be a start.

Another thing, why would this thing be superior to the last model and priced far less? If it was really that much better the quality would speak for itself and they would not intentionally price it lower than previous models, lower cost equals to lesser materials or manufacturing outsourcing in my experience and they are already made in China so that leaves out the outsourcing. This seems to me like the kind of company that is worried about money, not producing the best products, I think there history speaks for itself.

I only say all of this because it seem like new members or new vapor users often get lured into buying what they thing is a great vaporizer from a catchy advertising campaign and it turns out to be a gimmicky model which turns them off vaporizing leaving nothing but a bad taste in their mouth "literally"

stinkmeaner,

wthanna

There appears to be a massive advertising push going on with this product at the moment. It's no coincidence that they were "reviewed" and on the front page of CannabisCulture.com today. They speak about it as if portable vapes are something new and unheard of. Magic-Flight should send them a Launch Box :brow:

wthanna,

Wolface

More videos & more reviews are needed by long time members who already own multiple vapes to compare it with. But, so far, it looks good to me.:/

Wolface,

lwien

Wolface said:
But, so far, it looks good to me.:/
Based on what, Wolf? A review from a distributor who sells them? A review from a site that advertises? A review from a brand new member here whose tone of review make it very suspect that he/she may be a shill? In lieu of any reviews here from long standing, credible members, or even reviews by long standing, credible members at other sites, what makes this vape look good to you?

stinkmeaner

lwien, did you notice the color of the bowl in this video @ 2:12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chlv8_NR8yI does it look like brass to you too? I have no direct problem with brass personally, I would hope they would use a lead free brass of course, but it just seems that one of the bigger companies like Vapir would use a more inert metal.

stinkmeaner,

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
lwien, did you notice the color of the bowl in this video @ 2:12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chlv8_NR8yI does it look like brass to you too? I have no direct problem with brass personally, I would hope they would use a lead free brass of course, but it just seems that one of the bigger companies like Vapir would use a more inert metal.
Yeah, it does look like brass. Regarding Vapir using it, I believe that brass is a bit easier to use and mold than other metals, and as such, may be less expensive to use in manufacture. That's just a guess though, but yeah, if it is brass, I'd like to know the specific alloy so we can be rest assured that it is in fact, lead free.

lwien,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
About the heating element , from their website :

Utilizes a Revolutionary Stainless Steel Encased Pure Brass Heating Element that Delivers Completely Clean Heat for a Fresh and Dense Vapor!
Whatever that means...

Skunkypete,
Top Bottom