Discontinued Vapir NO2

Vitolo

Vaporist
Charged electronic devices, jump in levels when the battery is engaged.
Most companies do not have that sensitive of a readout that also incorporates battery power fluctuation under use.
This is very normal.
My NO2 does it, as do the NO2's of my friends, and members of the MMJ community that use this model.

Vitolo,

DL15

thanks for the replies! i had read about defective units and thought that i might of picked one with a defective battery. Vitolo, i have read through many pages on the NO2, thanks for providing so much information for someone people like me. That being said, what temperature do NO2 users like to set it on for optimal effect? it seems to be brown quite quickly for me when i set it to 390 F

DL15,

al bundy

Vaporist
I let it heat on 390 F
when I add the herb I drop to 365-370, after the hits(3-6) start to get wispy, I increase ten degrees until I'm done,all the way to 400'F. Abv gets a chocolate brown for me.

I also don't use the included tip I just use the hose,
with the mouth piece it mixes in fresh air also.

al bundy,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Hmmmmm.....my mouthpiece doesnt let in any air at all, either we got different mouthpieces or you guys need to push your tubing further into the piece

SF Giant,

Vitolo

Vaporist
369 Three sixty nine for a Sativa so fine.
374 Three seventy four when Mr. Indica's at the door.
(my usual)

Vitolo,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Since I moved my heating chamber screen up to the top of the chamber ive needed a sleightly higher temp setting for the same results, I range from 380 to 386 or so now, loving the screen at the top mod

SF Giant,

poonman

I too , started at 369F to 375F .
The taste and flavor is very sweet and cloudy .
Then I read that not all the Cannabinoids are cooked up until at around 400F .
So I vape at 400F now .The taste and flavor is a bit stronger/fuller/cloudier .
Which I find helps me wean from the smoking habit .
But you won't be able to re-use your ABV . imo
I use to start the bowl at 375F , then move it to 400F to get a few extra hits .
But that would wear out the battery faster when in portable mode .

in short ;
For " optimal " effect ? 400F for me .
To each his own ....You'll find the right temp for yourself .

Welcome to FC DL15 ,
Enjoy your NO2 .

poonman,
I just purchased one...

I plugged it in and the power supply (part that plugs into wall) has this continuous hissing/beep/buzzing.

Any idea what this is?

Thanks a ton (from a not so excited customer)

CleanSmoke,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
CleanSmoke said:
I just purchased one...

I plugged it in and the power supply (part that plugs into wall) has this continuous hissing/beep/buzzing.

Any idea what this is?

Thanks a ton (from a not so excited customer)
Like a high pitched whine? If so unplug it now!! Its gonna explode!............actually mine makes this sound whenever its charging, pretty sure its normal

SF Giant,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Mine makes no sound. I was only able to reach one friend at this hour, who has one.. he says no sound.

Vitolo,

al bundy

Vaporist
my wall adapter makes no noise.
When the unit it plugged in i do get the high pitched whine too. but still works normal.

al bundy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
My unit has been used on AC for a few days.. so It has not actually been charging.... that may be why I do not hear any sound.. I will use my unit on battery in a few minutes... then I will charge it with an ear to all systems!.

Vitolo,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Vitolo said:
My unit has been used on AC for a few days.. so It has not actually been charging.... that may be why I do not hear any sound.. I will use my unit on battery in a few minutes... then I will charge it with an ear to all systems!.
I only have the sound when my battery is empty or close to it, it gets quieter as it charges and is almost completely silent once its charged

SF Giant,

poonman

SF Giant said:
Like a high pitched whine? If so unplug it now!! Its gonna explode!............actually mine makes this sound whenever its charging, pretty sure its normal

:lol:
Ditto , mine too

Hey CleanSmoke ,
Welcome to FC ,
Let us know if your excitement changes "after" using the NO2 .
Keep us posted .

poonman,

poonman

Hey Vito ,
I just wanted to say thank you for my Vapir patch and decals .
I haven't decided where to put them yet , but I will post pics .

O yes ,
re : the high pitch sound , you have to hold the NO2 up to your ear in order to hear it .
put your ear next to the holes on the side . It's not a big concern . imo

poonman,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
re : the high pitch sound , you have to hold the NO2 up to your ear in order to hear it .
put your ear next to the holes on the side . It's not a big concern . imo

i think you're right -- it's just the temperature controller switching on and off. That's the way it works -- the switching frequency is in the audio range.

but the other peeps were talking about a whine from the power wall wart (i think).

Hippie Dickie,

poonman

You're correct Hippie ,
( part that plugs into wall )

No that does not make any noise on my unit .
That is not normal . imo
That does sound somewhat serious !

Contact Vapir CleanSmoke ,
Which is also a good time to register your unit for warranty .

Keep us posted .

poonman,
It's abnormal: Vitolo and his friend, al bundy (only his NO2 makes noise, not the wall part), poonman (needs to put his ear to it in order to hear it, mine is quite loud)

SF giant: Is it your handheld device that makes the noise or the wall part?

CleanSmoke,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
CleanSmoke said:
It's abnormal: Vitolo and his friend, al bundy (only his NO2 makes noise, not the wall part), poonman (needs to put his ear to it in order to hear it, mine is quite loud)

SF giant: Is it your handheld device that makes the noise or the wall part?
Its the vape itself

SF Giant,

poonman

Yes , mine too is the unit itself that makes the sound .

I hate to be the " Duh " guy , but I'll ask ....
Have you tried plugging it into a different electrical outlet ?

poonman,

al bundy

Vaporist
Poonman has a point,
When I take my battery out and turn on/use the No2 no whine,
Only when the battery is charging do I hear it.
Now if it is the wall adapter making noise try it at a friends house or try a different outlet.
If the power adapter makes a noise at another house I would think the adapter is bad and contact Vapir for there advice/replacement.

al bundy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am killing my battery now...
On third chamber, and when this puppy stops working, I will charge and listen.

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I vaped 6 chambers, and tried for a few hours to get the battery down all the way.
There is still juice, but only 1 bar present.. so I plugged it in.
I have listened everyplace carefully.
I found a sound.
My sound is found when it is charging, if I put my ear flush against the very bottom of the unit.
The sound I hear is a perfectly timed rythmic beat, like a watch ticking... and very faint. I hear it but Patty does not. "beep...... beep........".
I never noticed it before, but the sound I detect sounds very normal.
If your units sound is louder , I would not worry as long as the unit functions, but would not use a transformer/charger that made a sound.

Vitolo,
I exchanged it at the local store for a new one (they were really good about it), but this time its a rhythmic "tick...tick...tick" similar to what you describe.

Except both the handheld unit AND the charger do it...UGH!!!!! It doesn't matter what outlet I use

Edit: Whatever. I just used it. Such a big difference compared to the no name vapbro-styled I've been using for a long time. This is my second NO2 btw.

CleanSmoke,
Top Bottom