Discontinued Vapir NO2

al bundy

Vaporist
My no2 gives better hits due to the stem being so loose on my solo ,more airy of a hit
the no2 is much thicker for me.

Might try some kind of o ring on the solo stem to cut down on the fresh air.

al bundy,

poonman

FLskwat said:
In resume I don't see neither the NO2 neither the solo being thez best portable around there... Each company can still dramatically improve its product! ;)

But we need a good portable .
That is a must .
After all this time , there is still no company that can produce one that will be in consensus ?

I'm waiting for the new Solos ( Stainless steel bowls ).
and maybe for the stem tubes to be tighter fit .
The majority of Solo owners seems to be happy with their units .
I do like their smaller size and the reportedly bigger hits/clouds . ( Can't wait to try one )
But for the price/size , I might even want to get the EQ and also use it as a portable in my car .
I believe the EQ has a glass cooking bowl ???
I've only experience metallic cooking chambers , and always wonder if there is a BIG difference
in taste and flavor when vaping . Probably ???

The Iolite and mflb didn't impressed me too much . imo They both work .

I'm quite happy with my NO2 so far .
Maybe sm55 and VXC will work on a GOOD portable after the Cloud Launch .....Hint, Hint .

poonman,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
^ I didn't think there were any taste issues with my NO2 until I got my EQ. After the first rip on my EQ, I never used the NO2 after. There is a substantial difference in taste and vapor density. I currently use my EQ in the car with a power inverter. Still waiting for a solid portable replacement with a ceramic heating element.

tranceporter,

poonman

Thank you DrPiff ,
It only stands to reason it would taste differently .
But your testimony sold it , especially about using it in the car with the inverter .
There are a few vapor lounges in Toronto where I could try one out for a small fee .
I have to get myself down there soon .

Thanx for sharing DrPiff .

:mflb:,NO2,VC

poonman,
What is the build quality like? How long have you guys/girls had this vap for?

I know I am going to drop it eventually if I get it :ko:

CleanSmoke,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I just came across a FANTASTIC sale at the Vapir website.
On the Vapir NO2, they are offering free 2 day air shipping, and a free 4 piece grinder.
The price is already reduced on the unit.
But I found out more (was privileged info!)
During checkout, if you type in the code SLACKER, you get 25% off the price of any Vaporizer.
This is a special promotion, in coordination with Slacker Magazine from AustinTX, and it is only good until Oct. 1st.

Vitolo,

Don

RE: The NO2! I had an earier post regarding the lack of repair service for the NO2. I unknowingly purchased my unit from a seller who saved me a few dollars, but such a "low-ball"purchase voided the warranty. My unit malfunctioned and warranty service was unavailable to me. VAPIR heard of my plight and reached out to me. In short order, they provided me with a new unit. I could not be happier! As a 420 Marijuana Patient NO2 has been a lifesaver to me. I turned to Vaporgenie, but, being asthmatic, the heat and occasional combustion with the Vaporgenie played havoc with my lungs. I was actually suffering in order to get some relief from chronic pain. There just is no substitute. Though I have had 3 friends buy the NO2, and am helping another to purchase one, ALL purchases have warranty. The savings do not begin with the purchase price. The savings begin AFTER purchase with prompt, guaranteed factory service. My friends will have no problems should they require service in the future. I was really hurtin'. I can't thank Vapir enough for their concern, compassion and consideration. Way to go, Vapir...

Don,

Vitolo

Vaporist
With the sale they are having this week, there is a big savings!
Don... glad you got it straight! :)

Vitolo,

poonman

Right On Don ,
Good to hear ,
When you said that Vapir reached out to you , was that after you had contacted them ?
Or are you saying they had heard/read thru FC forum ? Then they contacted you .

Thank you Vito ,
I checked out the Vapir site .
It is selling for $180 plus the 25% discount = $135 + tx ( I paid $220 back in July )
plus 2 days free shipping ! ( until Oct.1st , but Xmas is near )
That is a freakin good deal !

Privileged info for a Privileged Guy .

CleanSmoke said:

It is made of hard sturdy plastic .
I've only dropped the mouthpiece part ( same material ) on hard wood flooring and bathroom floor tiles.
It withstood the drops , no damage .
Now of course , the unit itself is bigger and heavier and has electronics inside .
If you were to dropped that on cement/concrete sidewalks .
I can see it getting damaged or cracked . ( But so will every other vape )

Since you already foresee yourself dropping it ( you freakin stoner ....hehe )
Just beware of your surroundings when you are vaping .
I always like to relax on a couch/bed/car when I'm vaping anyways .

If you are asking, if it's a good " Portable "vape ?
Most of the NO2 users on this thread will agree that it is .
You might want to read more threads before purchasing for yourself .

But for $135 pricetag .
I think its a very good purchase .

poonman,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
CleanSmoke said:

A friend dropped mine (on concrete) hard enough that the battery lid flew about 20 feet away from the drop spot and it still worked flawlessly.

tranceporter,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I am a big fan of the No2! It gives off great hits with almost no learning curve at all. It keeps proving to be an essential part of my collection over and over. :peace:

mvapes,

al bundy

Vaporist
I hit the no2 with the tubing only no tip .
Or I use a zap stem on a real short piece of tube and use that.
With the no2 tip that slides over the hose, mixes to much air IMO

al bundy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Today was to be the last day of the 25% of sale at Vapir, and I know a few of you ordered.
I got a few local patients over here to use my computer, and get in on that deal!
News is Vapir extended the sale till Halloween! :o
I received some parts, and wound up getting a pretty cool gift thrown in my package as a surprise!
Photoon2011-09-23at0746.jpg

They are very high quality embroidered patches. They have an Iron on back, so you can heat set them in place, and then permanently stitch them onto a hat or jacket or shirt.
I received 4 of them.. but I can only use 1... so I am going to share!
I will ask a question (no this won't be "Trivia".. this is quite specific)
I will ask one question about the Vapir NO2 at a random moment over the next days.
Whoever gets the first correct answer, and posts it here gets one of the patches... till all 3 are gone.
Tonights question is..
Exactly how do you change the thermostatic reading on your unit from Celsius to Farenheit?
Good Luck!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Promo code is still SLACKER... and no.. you are not defeated yet!.....
But....
If nobody gets a more exact answer poonman will win!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
vfromhosp052.jpg

poonman.. you said it right,!
Nobody got more exact wording :
"To change the temperature reading from Fahrenheit to Celsius simply hold down the heat button 2-5 seconds."
so... poonman email me your address and I will send it, and biojuggernaut if you do the same I will send you a couple cool NO2 Decals I forgot to mention that they sent too!

Vitolo,

al bundy

Vaporist
What's a good grind for the no2?
Trying yo keep the screen on the top from clogging to much.

al bundy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I found that too fine a grind does clog screen.. after each chamber.. as you dump load, swipe brush acrosss the top screen from side to side!
Also, remove the tubing and swab inside 1st inch with a qtip.. to keep gathering oils from running down into that top screen ( all good it is cleanable)
just go up in coarsness a notch.
I use the 2 piece space case for the NO2. fine enough... but still a tiny bit coarse!

Vitolo,

poonman

After reading that the finer the grind , the better it is to vape with .
I've been doing the 2 step version .
I put it thru a 3 pc solid steel grinder , then I use the orange plastic 2 pc grinder from the volcano .
It does grind it extra fine I find . ( excuse grammar ...it's early ) hehe
I also soak the entire mouthpiece ( with the screen ) in ISO for about an hour every 2 wks .
Rinse well with hot tap water afterwards . You can re-claim the resin if you wish .

And if you remembered from an earlier post Mr. Bundy ,
That is the special shaped screens that you should save and replaced the mouthpiece screen
with only . Try not to use them to replace the bottom screens . You can trim reg. screens for that .
It will save you $$$ .

Also because I use it daily , I can usually reclaim 1 good resin soaked rolling paper each day .
So I find leaving the mouthpiece off and laying on it's side when charging helps a lot .
Plus I purposely hit the NO2 holding it upside down at the end of the day to see the resin ooze
down the tube for easy reclaim .

poonman,

poonman

Yippee
I won
Thanx Vito
I was just checking out new posts before watching Lettermen .
I will send you e-mail soon .
I like the game !!!
Can't wait for the next question for the next winner .
Will be waiting .

poonman,

Vitolo

Vaporist
When a person that likes his vape gives tips.. it's a good bet they are on target. ;)
When somebody uses a vape. and uses it well...
They become HAPPY with the vape they use....
That my friends is always a good person to learn from!
You all here are great to learn from... and learn with!
every time you post... I read!

Vitolo,

al bundy

Vaporist
And if you remembered from an earlier post Mr. Bundy ,
That is the special shaped screens that you should save and replaced the mouthpiece screen
with only . Try not to use them to replace the bottom screens . You can trim reg. screens for that .
It will save you $$$ .

I remember but the screen that goes in the bowl is a real fine mesh screen I have to try and match those.

I also use a 1.5 aharpstone 4 piece I turn it upside down for MFLB,I'll try a coarser grind no flipping.

Or use my 2 in 2 piece sharpstone.

al bundy,
Top Bottom