Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
You got it right, Vert (he does reenforce his trees) used to work in Luke Wilson's shop and then started his own company. It is very similar to Joe leaving Toro and starting ITZA. It happens all the time in the glass game as apprentices with standout skills quickly figure out that it makes fiscally more sense to start their own brand. Luckily the VX team of glassblowers come from scientific background so the only thing they are interested in are creating exquisitely crafted HydraTubes.

@vapormonkey - Properly designed percs usually add very minimal drag. If you like the diffusion of a certain perc and want more drag, you could always add additional water. Water tools with percs can be cleaned by using something like Grunge Off or Simple Green by soaking it over night and rinsing. An overnight soak will remove close to all the residue left behind by the vapor.

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ You know I'm fanatic because I'm liking doing ISO/salt rinses twice a day on my beaker. My herb leaves cataracts on glass and I'd say SSFG's showerhead diffy is very efficient at weeding out scum. That's why I'm leaning toward VG's Hydratree vs the gridded. I'm not up for extra cleaning or filtration. These tubes do have ice pinches right? That in itself is extra filtration.

Pappy,

vapormonkey

I really think this hydrotube thing is a big part of the cloud experience. It looks like everything is online for best heater under the best tube.

Of course like with everything, even the best designed stuff, we don't see the flaws until the masses get to use it for awhile. I'm sure that's prolly why da Monkey and his partners aren't rushing things. It would serve us all to be patient in this regard. I just wonder how many exquisite pieces of glass this guy can make before the supply runs out or the price doubles. The cloud appears to be a pretty good value at this point.

vapormonkey,

2clicker

Observer
vapormonkey said:
The cloud appears to be a pretty good value at this point.

agreed

and i believe that because of SMs presence in this thread that his intentions are pure

and I believe that we can all rest assured that the cloud is gonna be up to the most demanding of standards

2clicker,

greystr0ke

I'm still not sure what the difference between Vertigo's trees and Sovereignty's trees are.

greystr0ke,

ThouShaltVape

Loves Me Some MMJ
stonemonkey55 said:
That video was actually taken when we had not figured out how to contain the heat in our unit, thus making it too hot to hold. We had been placing it on a horizontal mini fan to keep it from over heating which is why you can see some vapor being pushed through.

I usually take the bowl off the top in between uses. While you could leave it there for a couple of hours, the heat does rise and slowly but surely, will begin cooking your herbs. If you own an Extreme or any other vertical vape, it would be similar to those in this aspect.

@vapormonkey - 80 watts - we use a few different techniques to improve the heat retention in addition to our heater so we don't need to pulling huge amounts of wattage to retain heat.

Good answer, thanks for quickly responding to a noobie like me. Just submitted my reservation.

Looking foward to it!

ThouShaltVape,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@greystroke - the main difference between Vertigo's and Sovereignty's trees is that Sovereignty grids his trees. A grid is when you take one of the slits in the tree and melt a small piece of glass in the middle so that you one slit essentially becomes two grids.

Here is the Vertigo Tree
None.jpg

Here is the Gridded Sovereignty Tree
DSC_0137.JPG

The Vertigo Tree has 8 arms and 2 slits per arm for a total of 16 slits.

The Sovereignty Tree has 8 arms, and 4 grids per arm for a total of 32 grids.

For most, an 8 arm tree will provide all the diffusion you need for vaporizing. If you want to be a bit more extreme, or just love gridded technology, then you can spend the extra bucks for a Sovereignty piece. If you are unsure, my suggestion would be to go with a standard, non gridded perc first to see if that satisfies your needs. If you want more diffusion, then you can move up to the gridded percs.

Hopefully this answers your question.

stonemonkey55,

vapormonkey

Beautiful, very space efficient. The cloud is no bigger than it has to be and no cumbersome tubes. I've never used a tube yet and probably never will. I by-passed the box-style tube era. :brow:

What I always liked about the heat gun method is that I'd use the draw as the final heat temperature Meaning, I'd set the gun a tad low and heat the herb for a few seconds then when I wanted milky vapor I'd increase the draw(the air-flow) I'd suck harder and the heat gun would keep up and I could get precise temps within the set gun range if you know what I mean. The heater needs to keep up with the inhaler.

vapormonkey,

vapormonkey

Smoking doesn't get you as high as Vaping I mean't to say...SEE, I JUST PROVED IT! LOL . I know it can be hard to believe at first and what's more, as your lungs begin to clear up, you'll get even higher by vaping.

I see tobacco going mostly vape in the near future. It's happening. At least half the current cigs smokers will be vaping. There;s gonna be a lot of pissed off smokers when they realize they needlessly destroyed their lungs.

vapormonkey,

george

vapormonkey said:
Com-busting doesn't get you as high as smoking. I know it can be hard to believe at first and what's more, as your lungs begin to clear up, you'll get even higher by vaping.

I see tobacco going mostly vape in the near future. It's happening. At least half the current cigs smokers will be vaping. There;s gonna be a lot of pissed off smokers when they realize they needlessly destroyed their lungs.

I'm sure you meant to say "doesn't get you as high as vaping"

It's completely true since vaporizing is much more efficient at extracting the active chemicals, instead of them getting burned off before they make it into your body.

george,

vapormonkey

Those hoodies are a fantastic idea for MN winters. We need these for the weather, although I'm sure in some areas people will complain about them being "masks". Is that what your going to wear in future Stonemonkey productions? You should get a monkey one...hehe

vapormonkey,

OC513

Dabaholic
one of my good friends has the LRG skeleton hoodie.....the monkey hoodie 2clicker designed is even cooler imo.......are these gonna go into production? I want one when the Cloud becomes available.

OC513,

george

waveyvapes said:
The Cloud sounds great- any estimates about when it will become available?

They are testing beta units as we speak, no set dates have been announced.

*refer to Stonemonkey55's sig

george,

Pappy

shmaporist
Raf007 said:
Ecko is doing some also...starwars (stromtrroper, boba fett, dart vader and sidious...), hallo, fri13, etc... real nice hoodies !
I think we have The World Series of Poker to thank for the hoodie fad. Here's my brand.
468829027v8_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

Pappy,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Pappy - 100000% for sure! While it was designed to be used with the HydraTubes, it can be used with any water tool that accepts 18.8 joints. :D -- we were actually going to use some custom joints for the Cloud to HydraTube connection but for modularity and flexibility purposes, it made more sense to use standard conical joints.

2Clicker, thanks for the pic!
vapexhalefullzip.jpg

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ Love the hoody! A HoodyTube?

So the Cloud unit is slender enough to clear most bores?

Pappy,

hereatlast

^^ seems that way from the pics Pappy though I'm sure there might be exceptions. Definitely looking forward to using the Cloud with a bunch of different pieces, might have to invest in something bigger along with the Hydratubes :cool:

hereatlast,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom