Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrophilic

I'd be more inclined to buy a shirt with no letters or words, or just a tiny "VapeXhale" that's not center chest. Thanks for the update though, still super stoked for this beast to come out.

hydrophilic,

george

This vape looks awesome. I've been waiting the perfect vape to hit through a water pipe and this seems like the one.
My only question at this point, When you load this up, is it gunna be a single hit, 2-3 big hits, or will it be able to last a whole session with up to 2-3 people..?.

george,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
george said:
This vape looks awesome. I've been waiting the perfect vape to hit through a water pipe and this seems like the one.
My only question at this point, When you load this up, is it gunna be a single hit, 2-3 big hits, or will it be able to last a whole session with up to 2-3 people..?.
I'm fairly sure they said it would be shipped with a standard bowl and then they're going to come out with a small conservative bowl as well as a party bowl so I guess the answer would be all of the above!

bluntfaced,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
With a smaller hydra tube you will get a smaller hit and possibly absorb a higher percentage of the THC from that hit into your lungs (less noticeable vapor on exhale). Larger hits are harder to hold for longer and need more time in the lungs to fully absorb.

THis is the only instance I can think of in which smaller glass would increase efficiency but it is plausible.

bluntfaced,

hydrophilic

I'm not convinced. However if somebody thinks that, and they think they get higher, then for all intents and purposes they are higher so I suppose...

I say that because I've read studies that say all (or almost all) the THC is absorbed into the lungs within seconds of it entering.

hydrophilic,

Zastrous

I'm liking the shirt with with the plain fontwork on the back. Def looks sexy in a classy way, I'd wear that shirt all the time!

Zastrous,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I agree that a larger hydratube makes it harder to use herbs as efficiently as a smaller one. Even though it is likely that the oils that are in vapor stick to lung tissue upon contact, there is likely alot of vapor floating around in the middle that never comes into contact with any lung tissue (picture how much of the air inside of a balloon touches the inside of the balloon).

Also, I would love a shirt that had no words on it and just the cool monkey logo (maybe in a cloud with a slight bluish tint to it :D). Those who know WILL know and WILL comment, while those who don't know will think that it is curious george (or something).

Very cool logo, anyway.

Progress,

max

Out to lunch
hydrophilic said:
I say that because I've read studies that say all (or almost all) the THC is absorbed into the lungs within seconds of it entering.
Even with smoke, which could well differ from vapor, people have held hits, exhaled into paper bags, and others have gotten high off the 2nd hand smoke. Same with 2nd hand vapor. So personally, I can't buy the theory of almost instant absorption. What mechanism would cause your lungs to suck THC and cannabinoids out of vapor like a magnet? My own experience with holding vapor hits a reasonable amount of time vs. quick exhale also seems to support the 'hold your hit' theory. I've also seen how much farther my herb goes, when used in a vape with a small bowl, which restricts hit size. Just my :2c:

Progress said:
Even though it is likely that the oils that are in vapor stick to lung tissue upon contact, there is likely alot of vapor floating around in the middle that never comes into contact with any lung tissue (picture how much of the air inside of a balloon touches the inside of the balloon).
Although I'd say that vapor has a lot more chance to contact lung tissue than the outside of a bag, I think it's a decent analogy and it is hard for me to believe that even ALMOST all active compounds can be absorbed within seconds when the hit is huge. I certainly don't think holding a hit until you turn red in the face is necessary, but I do think taking manageable hits that you can hold for about 10 seconds can make a difference in efficiency. I'm also a big fan of the partial exhale when taking a big hit. Blow some out and take in more air. It wouldn't surprise me if additional oxygen taken in helps with absorption. I hope some serious studies on vapor, resulting in solid facts, will get done before I die of old age (hope it's old age anyway).

max,

MacRadish

Progress said:
there is likely alot of vapor floating around in the middle that never comes into contact with any lung tissue (picture how much of the air inside of a balloon touches the inside of the balloon).
Except that lungs are not like bags at all, more like sponges.

MacRadish,

george

bluntfaced said:
george said:
I'm fairly sure they said it would be shipped with a standard bowl and then they're going to come out with a small conservative bowl as well as a party bowl so I guess the answer would be all of the above!
awesome thanks. Seems like a perfect vape!

george,

B.

War Criminal
I forget which thread this was in, but a medical doctor also said that science backs up the partial exhale method.

B.,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
hydrophilic said:
I'm not convinced. However if somebody thinks that, and they think they get higher, then for all intents and purposes they are higher so I suppose...

Smoke and vapor are two different things. I've read this about smoke (please direct me to a study) but never about vapor.

The balloon analogy of your lungs doesn't really work as your lungs act more like sponges as stated above, however from personal experience I can say that exhaled vapor is wasted vapor and smaller hits are more efficient. It's pretty close to a fact at this point. I also use the re breathing/partial exhale technique and it gets me way more keyed that just exhaling it all out and no that is not just from lack of oxygen to the brain as I get plenty of O2 re breathing.

bluntfaced,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Lungs are actually like a million little bags called alveoli (the analogy, although it over-simplifies things quite a bit, still applies to each of these air sacks). The vapor also has to travel down many split channels (bronchioles) to get to these 'air sacks'.

LUNGS ARE LIKE A COLLECTION OF LITTLE BAGS AND THE VXC IS THEIR FRIEND!

PS: Visible, exhaled vapor of varying densities is also a good sign that vapor is not usually completely absorbed. If you are skeptical, you can do a quick/easy experiment by getting an oven bag and blowing your vapor into it repeatedly to be reinhaled.

Progress,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Air travels through the bronchi and then bronchioles but does not actually enter the alveoli, at this point O2, CO2, and vapour molecules diffuse into the these air spaces, without any gas exchange occuring. It is this diffusion that can occur quite quickly but the actual transport of molecules from the alveoli into the blood stream can take longer, it all depends on what the molecule is, bodily conditions, etc. As diffusion into the blood stream usually follows the concentration gradient, vapour diffuses from the lungs into the blood because the concentration in the lungs is much higher than the blood. After holding the hit for a short period, the two concentrations begin to balance, (although dont get close to reaching equilibrium) and so absobtion slows down. So holding your hit allows for more THC to diffuse into the alveoli, allowing THC to be absorbed more (but at a slower and slower rate). Rebreathing does the same thing, except u can think of it as stirring the vapour in your lungs, bringing more closer to the alveoli to make diffusion "easier" but more importantly is expelling CO2 and inhaling more O2, which simply allows your to hold your hit even longer. This is a rediculously simplified version of what is happening, and is what I learned in university applied to vapour, I have not actually done tests to trace the vapours absorption rates or anything, although that would be so cool. Sorry SM for going off topic, still waiting patiently, no rush. Shirts look so sweet as well. Toodles.

Mr. Smoke No More,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Thanks for the all the input guys. VapeXhale is very interested in funding some studies so that we can get clear, empirical data on vapor, vapor efficiency, and all that good stuff that we have hypothesized about.

We are living in some very exciting times for the vapor industry but before we can tackle those studies, we need to get the Cloud into your hands! :D

We should get our newest enclosure in the next couple of weeks, once we get them, I'll post up some videos as we demo the system. Once again, apologies for the delay but we have expedited all of our orders so we can push this development process forward.

stonemonkey55,

Ohigho

Hello once again. Been away for a bit. (Dad passed away).

Q: Will the bowl be able to handle Oils? Both loading it and unloading it :D without a mess or waste?

Ohigho,

max

Out to lunch
Most vapes can do oil. The screen is usually the problem-getting it gunked up. Keep the oil off the screen and it'll do fine.

max,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
I think id just get a curve or dome. Bubble I could see working but oil just seems like it would be a huge mess. I've never tried to use one of my vapes with oil though...

minnesnowta,

stinkmeaner

I can't wait to they get those enclosures done, I miss watching stonemonkey's vapor videos with all of the cool glass. He makes some good videos and it might sound lame but I actually used to check his section on Youtube at least once a week, anticipating his new video release, always wondering what new glass piece he would show up with and use next.

stinkmeaner,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@ohigho - my condolences to your family on your loss, the VapeXhale team wishes you and your family the best.

@stinkmeaner - don't worry my friend, although the videos have slowed down, my collection has still be growing so once we get the latest prototype with the insulator in their, I'll be filming and editing a bunch of videos.

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Samurai dub!!!!!! I honestly don't get how you don't whore that thing out all the time.

minnesnowta,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Awwwwwwwwwwww yeah! I'm definitely gonna get the Samurai Dubb looking nice and cloudy. My Vertigo Build-a-Bub should also arrive by week's end. I think what this forum needs is the first annual "Bubbler Off"

Sovereignty Peyote Pillar Bubbler versus StoneGlassWorks Samurai Dubb versus Vertigo Build-a-Bub

August is gonna be hot!

stonemonkey55,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom