Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
As usual you are correct, OBG and I stand corrected. From their website:
2e1vkw7.jpg

I must admit that $150 for an extra 12 months seems pretty steep to me since most units that make it 2 years will probably make it 3, but it is what it is I guess.
:peace:

Same here.. Seems pretty steep for 1 year..

Kuroth1,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I got my Cloud+ today and I'm breaking her in. I took some side by side pictures with my old clicker for comparison.

In this picture below, you can see the difference in the shape of the bamboo's tail. The + on the left is the new straight design (I believe this plays a role in making the bamboo replaceable now) while the clicker is flared. You will also notice how close to the surface the + bamboo sits. It was extremely close to the surface, but I had to push it up about 1/8" anyway because the top joint was sitting too low to mate with the HT.

2z5lv2e.jpg

In the photo below you can see the new temperature knob. I have to say that I prefer the older knob much more as it is difficult to see the line from certain angles on the new knob. Light reflects in strange ways around the knob so it's hard to see the line unless you're looking at it just right. Of course my eyesight is total shit, so this may not be a problem for younger eyes. You will also notice the +'s joint is setting a little low. I took this pic before I pushed it up a bit.

315lxxw.jpg

Here's a shot for the ass men like me.:brow:

2hz7q08.jpg

The warmup time is very similar, if not exactly the same IMO. The Plus turned green in under a minute (54 seconds to be exact), however it was still dead cold. I took a rip just to make certain, and I got no vapor at all. The old clicker turned green after 14 minutes, and at that point they were both about ready to go.

I've been hitting both with equal sized ELB loads of Yoda Kush, and they both hit like Ike Turner. No complaints at all. I don't think a blindfolded person could tell any difference in hit quality. Fantastic fucking device(s) is all I can say. :nod:

Back for more testing.... :science:

Edit: After a full hour of run time, the Plus is a full 10°F cooler on the outside.

JCruiser

Stu, try the plus at a 5-7 min warm up time. My Plus def heats up a lot faster than my ticker. not nearly as fast as the light will turn green, but still probably twice as fast as the old unit, if not more.

And my plus never gets too hot to hold. it gets hot after being on for several hours but not enough that i have to put the wrist bands on it. its a world of difference, even if its not that many actual degrees

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hmm.. so with the expensive VXC, is there a big difference between something like that and my Tripp Lite Surge Suppressor?

Depends on the problems you have ... the surge suppressor will protect you from surges (ie. sudden increases in voltage) but not from drops or just a plain too high/low voltage.

The voltage regulator makes sure that a consistent, steady voltage (selectable 110, 120, 127) regardless of what the input voltage is. It also checks for ground and building wire faults so if you plug into a messed up source you know it.

JCat,
Reactions: SD_haze

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Stu, try the plus at a 5-7 min warm up time. My Plus def heats up a lot faster than my ticker. not nearly as fast as the light will turn green, but still probably twice as fast as the old unit, if not more.

And my plus never gets too hot to hold. it gets hot after being on for several hours but not enough that i have to put the wrist bands on it. its a world of difference, even if its not that many actual degrees
I'll try that next time I heat them up, JCruiser. I didn't bother to test it after the "go green" test.

I'm still measuring a 10°F differential after a couple of hours. That 10° can make a very big difference indeed. The difference between 110° vs. 120° in the terms of contact with your 98.6° skin temperature is quite noticeable.

I forgot to comment on the ID of the joint. The new ID is slightly larger than the ticker, but it's not as big a difference as I had feared. I can use the same ELBs for both, but I will have to set aside some fatter ELBs that I have for use when inverting the Cloud.

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion
In the photo below you can see the new temperature knob. I have to say that I prefer the older knob much more as it is difficult to see the line from certain angles on the new knob. Light reflects in strange ways around the knob so it's hard to see the line unless you're looking at it just right. Of course my eyesight is total shit, so this may not be a problem for younger eyes.
FWIW, my Cloud+ has the "old" black and white temperature knob so there are probably some of both floating around out there.

Organibis

I've been reading this thread for more than a few months now...mostly just drooling. Well, I've finally decided to join the party. I put the order in on Saturday and they shipped it Monday (yesterday). I really like the new website, much faster than the old one and I think the way they have you build your order is more intuitive than before. Glad to see these guys are doing well. Can't wait to try the cloud +

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I've been reading this thread for more than a few months now...mostly just drooling. Well, I've finally decided to join the party. I put the order in on Saturday and they shipped it Monday (yesterday). I really like the new website, much faster than the old one and I think the way they have you build your order is more intuitive than before. Glad to see these guys are doing well. Can't wait to try the cloud +

Welcome to the party! Your gonna love your cloud - but what you'll like most is what it does to you! :rockon:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

Glad to have you on board, the more the merrier. :wave: And please do post back your thoughts after you baptize your Cloud - that is, after you've gotten up off the floor.

Koop

Anybody have any experience with returning orders with VXH? I ordered a HT I no longer need, and CS didn't see my support ticket in time before my package got shipped out. I don't mind having 2 HT's if I can't return it though so I won't complain if they don't take it back.

Koop,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just ran a test to compare the temperature on the external heat shields of my Clouds. The chart really says it all. You can see the Plus warm up faster initially, but soon the ticker overtakes the Plus version and the gap remains fairly consistent throughout the experiment. This coincides with VXL's claim of a faster warmup and cooler to the touch heat shield.

6fcyzb.jpg

FWIW the Plus turned green in 49 seconds, while the ticker turned green after 10:15. I did try to hit the Plus after 5, 7, and 10 minutes. After 5 minutes I got barely any vapor at all, and after 7 I got some whispyish vapor. After 10 minutes it was running full strength.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Well after falling asleep, and missing the whole entire Knicks game, including the post-game press conference, I decided to record a Cloudbuddy video. Damn you Cloud! :mad:

Anyway, the Knicks won so I was a happy camper, and the Cloud, green on 3 o'clock was calling me. 3 to me is like a Medium setting. Noon is low, and the last Dial is High, thats the real Cloud, it doesnt even feel like vapor, its a thick hit for sure. Those are my observations now that I'm more comfortable with my Cloud.
Anyone know the exact temps those are supposed to be?

Hey where is the vapexhale clothing? I don't even see the shirts on there anymore? But what I really want is a hoodie!!

VapeNStone,
Reactions: b0

TheSkipper

Smooth sailing while I'm inhaling... VAPOR
Hello fellow vaporists! this is my first post but I have been a long time lurker... especially on this thread. I wouldn't post unless it was important but I have a question I couldn't find an answer to. I am about to pull the trigger on a new cloud and I tried the FC4LIFE code for free ELBs and it did not work. Is there a code that does work currently on the new site?
Thank You and Happy Vaping!:D:leaf:

TheSkipper,

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
Short notice, but the guys at Medical Jane and I will be on the Time 4 Hemp Podcast today

Time 4 Hemp - LIVE
05/03/13 - 1-2 p.m.(EST); 10-11 a.m. (PST)
is broadcast from http://www.AmericanFreedomRadio.com
Stonemonkey, I had a chance to listen to about the first 2/3 of the Podcast but unfortunately I had to leave before it was over. What I did hear was very informative, and if there's going to be a re-broadcast of this Podcast please post the info here as I would love to hear it again and others on this Forum who missed it will surely want to "tune in".

BTW I was amazed to hear that the R&D development and prototypes for the Cloud were manufactured on a 3D printer! Truly high tech just like the Cloud itself is. Kudos to you and your team! :tup:

Top Bottom