Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Anonymouse

Sith I care
b0 - VsporEyes is correct, these slits were not flame polished. A few years ago, there was a debate as to whether to flame polish or not. Proponents of flame polishing liked the more finished look. Opponents of flame polishing say that the rougher edges add to the diffusion. It is a preferential thing but if you want to exchange it, let us know.

Unpolished edges are definitely a bad idea. Not because of any health risk but because the rough surface gives the water meniscus something to grip, and can allow thin slots to actually get blocked, by water(!), and not fire in favour of paths of less resistance. This happens because of surface tension. You could get around this using a thinner liquid (but that eliminates the whole purpose of water conditioning, plus most options are expensive and inconveniently poisonous), or by adding a small amount of detergent (but then the piece would literally "stack foam" all the way up the mouthpiece, and into your mouth. And it wouldn't collapse afterwards.). Flame-polishing all rough slits is the only real way around this.

That said, b0, if your slots are all wide enough to all fire evenly, I wouldn't worry about it.

SM, when is the international model gonna be on the website? It's well past 4//20. :c

Any word on what's happening with the cosmetic issues and when things might be resolved? Is buying now and disassembling to clean up and re-finish my cosmetic casing going to void my warranty (obviously assuming I manage to get it back together without breaking it myself, that is). If I could pimp a Cloud (polish and electroplate, yeah!) and then post a video of it working, would you still honour the warranty, or do I have to sit back and wait for manufacturing gremlins to be ironed out? I know staring at an ugly Cloud every day would depress me, especially after all this waiting.

(Oh, and same question, but what about if I add a removable cable? I want to have cables in place at several sites around the house, and only have to transport the unit itself between them, not crawl under desks plugging shit in...)

What would be nice is a washer (ideally really thin around the inside part) you could drop the elb in. It would provide a nice lip/extension, making for easy elb removal.

I'm not sure I'm following here. Wouldn't that prevent the male joint plugging into your water tool? Otherwise the bowl design would just have a larger rim. The Epik looks a pretty damn convenient solution since it's a stir tool too (less clutter, nice!). Or, depending on how tight your bowls are, you could glue a rare earth disk magnet to a stick and use that to "grab" the top of the bowl. Epik would be cheaper, though, and work on properly stuck bowls. Any chance of including these in the Cloud package directly, or a similar in-house tool? I bet they'd cost VXC a lot less than $4 each if you were buying bulk...

Anonymouse,
Reactions: Pappy

Anonymouse

Sith I care
lol, i mean i just ordered one, it looks like a shiv to wedge inbetween the joint and the ELB. should work great to pry up the ELB, i think that's why mom posted it?

Yeah, it's a bowl remover on one end, and a pick/stir tool on the the other. It's just a stamped piece of metal in essence, so shouldn't be hard to knock up a VXC version (since the Epik is actually designed for another vapouriser that uses mesh pot bowls the same diameter as Cloud ELBs). Could lengthen the shaft a bit to account for the deeper bowl, etc.

Anonymouse,

max

Out to lunch
Anonymouse said:
I'm not sure I'm following here. Wouldn't that prevent the male joint plugging into your water tool?
You're right. That's what I get for trying to do 3 things at once. My brain only allocated 2 cells and half a neuron for that idea. I was thinking all about ease of extraction for the elb and nothing about being able to actually use the vape. :rolleyes:

The epik works best if you leave a slight gap between the elb and the bottom of the joint. Either that or file down the epik to give it a sharper/thinner edge.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
So basically when Im done, pry the ELB up a bit then pull out the epik for extraction?
Total was $9.95. I might as well do it up.

The E in ELB seems like false advertising, then again it is easy to load...lol

Live-N-Learn,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
lol, i mean i just ordered one, it looks like a shiv to wedge inbetween the joint and the ELB. should work great to pry up the ELB, i think that's why mom posted it?
The other thing that I have found works great are ultrathin dunlop guitar picks. They are made of ultem and can take the heat, and make the perfect shim.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I noticed that the ELB doesnt get hot at all really. Its those damn HOT labels that are hot lol

Live-N-Learn,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Either that or file down the epik to give it a sharper/thinner edge.

Wait, that hasn't already been done by the manufacturer? Pretty obvious flaw if so. Maybe I'll just make my own tool, then, since I'd have to modify theirs anyway.

Still, if VXC make their own version that's an improvement they could add, and also an "innovation" that protects them technically against complaints from the Epik makers.

Or you could just use a razor blade from a scraper. : p

Anonymouse,

Nevertheless1090

Without further delay, I finally have a Cloud in my possession. I have not used It yet but I have explored it a bit do here's my initial impression from opening the box.

Once I ripped the box apart, I discovered a slew of popcorn and another box inside the box, which was the cloud. It was carefully packaged along with the ELB and my Evolver Hydracirc, which were wrapped in bubble wrap. I checked the cloud for any blemishes and I didn't see any thing BUT the bottom of the bamboo did have a rough edge like it was an extremely small chip off the glass. It looks like pretty solid craftsmanship to me except that one area but it also feels like your holding a fragile vaporizer that must be handled with care.

The Evolver Hydracirc is built like a tank! Let me be 1000% clear, IT IS BUILT FORD TOUGH! It has a classy "Evolver" logo in cursive that is small yet just right. Nothing over the top and gaudy. The perc percolates as it does on SM's YouTube and the glass is symmetrical. Very little drag with a nice stack of bubbles upon hard rips.

Secondly, I plugged her in and set her right around four and set the timer....One minute and thirty seconds later, my cloud claimed to be warmed up. I can not say if it was at that high temperature so quickly but, the silver "hot" was far from hot and barely warm. Five minutes later that area was hot and thirty minutes later the cloud itself only got Luke warm to me, GREAT! Furthermore, I put the ELB in and out and it was pretty seamless to put in and out. The cap has a tendency to get tight. If you have long nails, this won't be a worry for you at all. Once connected the HT, the cloud has a habit to grip your HT or bubbler so you have to take your time when removing it, especially upside down or your glass/cloud will pay for it.

In conclusion, as of right now my experience is exceptional but the big part hasn't been conquered. Test run tonight after family is in bed. Ooo btw, once the wife gets home, I will post pictures of my devastator project. In my opinion, it looks damn good! Review and pics to come later on. Stay tuned but I have a great feeling about this.

It is simply horrifying to know that. So when I was told a week ago that "I am the very next in line to receive a new Cloud Plus", how can that not be total bs? Am I the very next in line after you and whoever else has yet to receive their replacement?

My issue here is not that it is taking entirely too long to receive a replacement of the one and only product that they manufacture and sell ... the issue is that I (and likely others) have apparently been deceived and strung along week by week.

Ya, it's pretty lame. At this point I've heard it all and switched back to oil. It's more effective and easier on the throat.

purplek,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Ya, it's pretty lame. At this point I've heard it all and switched back to oil. It's more effective and easier on the throat.

We haven't sent any replacements out in the last week with the Cup. Our guys got snowed in Denver and should be back in Philly by tomorrow or Friday.

stonemonkey55,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I've never had to use an epik - I usually just use my fingers. Mom is probably not the best person to ask about accessories considering she blatantly advertises that she's addicted to buying them! I love the cloud because not to many extra components are needed to maintain the unit. Mom - I would love to see the tool box you keep to accompany your vapes, it has to rival Tdubs fucking laboratory! He makes me so jealous....

Vessel

images

:mmmm:

When the elbs are clean I find them pretty easy to part.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
While I love my Epik (I actually have three) I've also found that if you use a pair of needle nose pliers and put a slight crimp in the lip of the ELB it gives you a place to start the removal.

Easiest (and hardest as you go along) is pushing the ELB in almost the whole way so you leave yourself an edge to pry. Unfortunately the HT usually pushes it all the way down anyway. lol

Smoke1ForMe

Got my cloud today and all I can say is WOW! EZvapes shipped it super quick, and the unit looks great I know some people had reported blemishes. I did have to push the bamboo up a little bit which was super easy. I think it is definitely a cloud plus as it turns green in less than 2 minutes. So glad I finally pulled the trigger and wished I had done it sooner!

green2brown

CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW GREAT THE CLOUD IS WITH HASH?! I just poured probably about half a g of some full melt pk onto a tiny bed of flower pk, cuz, ya know, THAT much hash won't spill out the sides of the ELB regardless lol. I can't exactly remember how many hits I've taken, but it honestly can't be more than 3, maybe 4 at most. Maybe more. Maybe 8. I'm really not sure. I'm gonna lie down a bit.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW GREAT THE CLOUD IS WITH HASH?! I just poured probably about half a g of some full melt pk onto a tiny bed of flower pk, cuz, ya know, THAT much hash won't spill out the sides of the ELB regardless lol. I can't exactly remember how many hits I've taken, but it honestly can't be more than 3, maybe 4 at most. Maybe more. Maybe 8. I'm really not sure. I'm gonna lie down a bit.
Sleep well, g2b. Sleep well.

:peace:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

We should hear back from you by next Tuesday dude - that would have sedated a donkey!

JCruiser

While i love my Epik and use it everyday, i never use it to remove my ELB's. I find that unless you bite your nails, fingernails are more than enough. Ive never had any issue removing them by hand. My tightest ones require me to use a second hand to hold the cloud down, but even then they come right out without much force. Plus the metal on glass contact makes me nervous.

Now i do find the Epik to be the perfect tool for emptying an ELB. It scrapes out any loose bits that are stuck in the ELB way better than my glass tools.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Good to know. I think my ELB is starting to loosen up because I havent had no where near the level of difficulty of removing them as the first few times (or burns). I got the Epik on its way, so I will see what I use it for. I like that it is a multi functional tool though. Accessories are cool. :)

Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

green2brown

We should hear back from you by next Tuesday dude - that would have sedated a donkey!

I'M ALIVE! :clap:

Interesting tidbit: CBD oil saved me last night. So here's what happened. I was planning to pour just a sprinkle of full melt into the ELB to help out with some stomach pain I was having. Well, when I tilted the little bottle the hash came flying out all at once. My only choice at this point was to pop it in the Cloud, obviously. And then, being dumb and in a rush for relief, I hit it... some... number... of times. Not sure how many. But I went until the pain stopped which couldn't have taken too long. How many bong rips can I do in 5 min? The Cloud hits endlessly with hash, I must say. So to the cool part of this story. I posted on here and then went to lie down. After about 20 minutes I was starting to get the spins. Then the spins turned into nausea. I forced myself off the sofa and came back to the Cloud. Dropped a glob of high CBD oil (tested at 30% CBD, take the test results for what you will) into an ELB on top of some ABV and took 3 quick hits through the glass mouthpiece. The overwhelming, sickening high suddenly dropped out of existence and all that remained was a somewhat heavy body high and a clear head. No pain. No nausea. No nothing. Just comfort. Got in bed and passed out :zzz:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Ok - so I want this stain off my cloud hole! I am ordering some PBW - I assume I just mix some and using a qtip clean the spot?

Top Bottom