Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

fullfathom04

Its not as low as MGG's ,it doesnt effect the way it sits. It is making me very carefull of where i put it down which is probably a good thing in a way. It doest seem to effect the use in any way, it just seems a little lower than i was expecting.
The airflow when taking a hit with the cloud on the desk seems fine although Ive mainly been using it with the cloud in my hand.
There are a few imperfections to the finish, one is visible below in fact but tbh i don't mind. I thought i would have but i don't really. Id rather it was perfect and maybe it should be at this price point but I'm just happy its here. Its really good at doing its main job so ill let it off :)
2013-04-11144807_zpsce8220fc.jpg

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Ive noticed a few pics of clouds - similar to the one above this post. I see that a few members have their silicone wrist bands wrapped around the bottom portion of the cloud closer to where the dial is. Why? That area doesn't get hot, am I missing something?

They appear to be covering the bottom screws. Since the screws come in physical contact with the inner shell(unlike the rest of the heat cover) they can become heated with extended use.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Finally got to try out my new Mobius Ion Matrix with my Cloud...and it was worth the wait to get the Mobi...a very nice combination...

I'll still get a lot of use out of my Evolver Circ...which I love), but there is something about the Ion...Pappy is correct...it seems to be just "right" for the Cloud. :)

Shrike,

lreindl

Pacific NW
probably discussed in this thread, but anyone vaporize oil or extracts with the Cloud?
I just tried some nice shatter in the two-cap method for the first time in my Cloud+, about enough material for four average-sized dabs. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I felt the end result, but I find more taste and potency to come from a straight up nail.

I like kief in the two-cap method, however. I've only tried those two and then flowers.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I just tried some nice shatter in the two-cap method for the first time in my Cloud+, about enough material for four average-sized dabs. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I felt the end result, but I find more taste and potency to come from a straight up nail. I like kief in the two-cap method, however. I've only tried those two and then flowers.
The Cloud was never meant to be an electric nail, the two are obviously going to be way different. The 2 cap method extended our use of the Cloud to bubble and kif, some even paint BHO on the top cap, but to ask the Cloud to replace a nail is unrealistic imho.

b0

Cloudy...
Its not as low as MGG's ,it doesnt effect the way it sits. It is making me very carefull of where i put it down which is probably a good thing in a way. It doest seem to effect the use in any way, it just seems a little lower than i was expecting.
The airflow when taking a hit with the cloud on the desk seems fine although Ive mainly been using it with the cloud in my hand.
There are a few imperfections to the finish, one is visible below in fact but tbh i don't mind. I thought i would have but i don't really. Id rather it was perfect and maybe it should be at this price point but I'm just happy its here. Its really good at doing its main job so ill let it off :)
2013-04-11144807_zpsce8220fc.jpg

Thanks for the pic, it seems like it has enough distance

(1/8 of an inch clearances is all you need, we have blind tested units, and any clearence beyond that is neglagable and results in the same amount of airflow)

I'm pretty sure there is at least 1/8 there, if mine has the same distance I wont pull it.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
The Cloud was never meant to be an electric nail, the two are obviously going to be way different. The 2 cap method extended our use of the Cloud to bubble and kif, some even paint BHO on the top cap, but to ask the Cloud to replace a nail is unrealistic imho.

I agree, t-dub. It looks like the Cera with the EO cartridge might be the best "alternative" to using a nail, from what I have been reading. But, for flowers, kief and even bubble, the Cloud delivers in spades. :)

lreindl

Pacific NW

Oh I know, that's why I suggest the nail more for bho. I'm just letting him know that BHO in the Cloud is possible, just not the best way to use it. I took a video last night of the hits, they weren't impressive but delivered great taste and a great way to fall asleep.

I agree, t-dub. It looks like the Cera with the EO cartridge might be the best "alternative" to using a nail, from what I have been reading. But, for flowers, kief and even bubble, the Cloud delivers in spades. :)
I've been looking at the CEO. But yikes! $500 for the titanium unit. :o

green2brown

After waiting for over 2 months, I finally have a working Cloud Plus in my possession! I placed my order for a Cloud Plus in the beginning of February. The next week I received a regular old Cloud. I sent it back and then waited about a month or so to receive the right model. When it finally came, it was broken. So I sent it back, waited another few weeks, and then yesterday a working one finally arrived! It feels sooooooooooo good to be back in the clouds :D.

Here are a couple things about my Plus and a question or two:

- The light turns green (at max) in 1 min 20 sec. It doesn't start producing vapor, though, until about 5 minutes and, like the original Clouds, doesn't reach optimal temp until about 15 min. So on my unit, heat up time is no different than the old Cloud.

- The auto-shutoff takes over at the hour and a half mark like it's supposed to. But there's no flashing light like every other Cloud I've owned. The green light just turns off and that's that. Is this normal on the Cloud Plus? I haven't seen anyone else say this yet, so I'm wondering if it's not quite right.

- Max temp is good, but not quite as hot as I'd like. My ABV has been coming out a solid brown, though my old ticker resulted in darker ABV.

- Vapor takes a few seconds to get going. With my previous Clouds, my tube would start milking as soon as I start drawing. But with this one, it takes a few seconds before the vapor starts. Once it does, though, it's as thick as it should be.

- My Cloud is no longer a safety hazard for delicate hands! After running it for about 8 straight hours yesterday, the outside of the unit was finally starting to get a little hot. But the 7 hours leading up to that, it was barely even warm. Definitely a big improvement.

So while my Cloud Plus isn't perfect, it still does what a Cloud should do. And in the end, that's what's most important to me. It's good to have it back, without a doubt.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
- The auto-shutoff takes over at the hour and a half mark like it's supposed to. But there's no flashing light like every other Cloud I've owned. The green light just turns off and that's that. Is this normal on the Cloud Plus? I haven't seen anyone else say this yet, so I'm wondering if it's not quite right.

My Cloud's light also goes off without any indication of auto shut-off. I think this is normal.

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I agree- t-dub, but I have gotten some pretty dense clouds while two-capping it with some wax! I like to have a bowl like this with a little flower added for movie night or for playing video games. It's a sweet flavor (not as strong as a nail) and has a long lasting sort of behind the eyes pulse which is pretty pleasant! :nod:

Vapor Head

does anyone know how the elb's are put together? I noticed the darker bownish color on every corner that is attached. Just wondering what exactly is attaching the screens together. I Also noticed the bottom of the ez load bowl's changes to that same dark brown color after a few sessions, but no other part of the elb does. Im guessing its some kind of burning discoloring but that cant be good right? the brown does not go away after cleaning either
kHGlgPo.jpg

after a few sessions.

p6KrBMu.jpg

brand new

Vapor Head,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
ELBs are welded together, metal only, nothing to burn. I clean my ELBs first in PBW, then do a final cleanse in ISO, to get them back to new.

Vapor Head

ELBs are welded together, metal only, nothing to burn. I clean my ELBs first in PBW, then do a final cleanse in ISO, to get them back to new.
great to know about the ELBs. thanks. I usually use hot water then ISO and they look pretty good.
What's PBW?

Vapor Head,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth

fullfathom04

phil said:
(1/8 of an inch clearances is all you need, we have blind tested units, and any clearence beyond that is neglagable and results in the same amount of airflow)
I'm pretty sure there is at least 1/8 there, if mine has the same distance I wont pull it.

Thanks for the advice bO :)
and after reading that I agree with you and think your right, there's definitely a couple of mm there so as long as its its in the ball park area I'm happy with it. As I was saying earlier there definitely couldn't be much wrong with it with the way its hitting so knowing that the gaps meant to be so small is good to hear

and thanks for the welcome Pappy, its good to be here :)

fullfathom04,
Reactions: b0

Pappy

shmaporist
:myday:
Didn't know what to expect from Cloud+ after reading this thread the past month, maybe a flying purple people eater! Finally received mine and happy to report the parts are new, the fit and finish is professional, the bamboo is properly positioned, the cord is longer than four feet, and the vape is rock solid.

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, time to vape some more shiz.

lreindl

Pacific NW
Ha, the reason Cloud #1 broke was because I was pounding the fuck out of it. Albeit my unit was probably flawed from the beginning, but dragging really hard on it caused it to make an electrical "pop" and fried. :(

lreindl,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
but dragging really hard on it caused it to make an electrical "pop" and fried. :(
What "popped" exactly? Sounds like a capacitor or the like. How would drawing air through the bamboo cause a board component to fail?

Edit: iirc, SliM had videos of vapor gushing out of the bottom of the bamboo when he was using it inverted and pulling it off a diffuser . . .

t-dub,
Top Bottom