Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
SliM, I like the look of your setup...I can picture the HL squeezed in there, but it would be tight!

Mine has been going pretty straight, since acquiring the WeMo, without an issue (aside from it being pretty much piping hot, all the time, except the first sesh or two of the day). Otherwise, I'm loving my 'always on' Cloud. If a Cloud's gonna die from continuous use, it will probably be SliM, but there are a few of us WeMo users who are close behind, I'm sure!

Thanks. It looks good enough for the time being. I want to get a nicer layout with the custom foam insert. I think I could fit in a little more, and still make it look classy.

My cloud runs pretty much all the time. I turn it off when I am asleep. If I am going to be leaving the house for more then 3-4 hours I might turn it off. My unit has pretty much been running constantly since I got it.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Purpl3_Haz3

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I've vaked probably around a pound and a half of A+++ herb through my Cloud thus far. It's still kicking great, although the occurrence of combustion is A LOT more frequent then when it was brand new, so much so that it happens once every other day... and it sucks when it does.

The Cloud should never combust medicine with proper use. I sent mine in because it combusted once. I can't take that chance to be honest.

newVaper420,

vaplexus

What causes the combustion? i mean I know what causes combustion, but what causes the cloud to get that hot? any clues?

vaplexus,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
What causes the combustion? i mean I know what causes combustion, but what causes the cloud to get that hot? any clues?

1. Restricting the air flow (throttling) by blocking the air intake.

2. A clogged ELB, if clogged bad enough.

3. An ELB packed too tightly.

4. OR, an issue with the heater/PWM, where the Cloud will either

A. heat, and heat, and heat, not stopping, or,
B. heat to too high of a temp, and maintain. Both of which would cause combustion.

AFAIK, those would be the only reasons, aside from a Cloud with a broken 'bamboo,' where Much hotter air is getting in the air path due to broken glass. IIRC, Clouds with broken bamboos tend to combust, if they work.

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Purple_Haze nailed it. #'s 1-3 were always the culprit I'd felt.

The first time my Cloud combusted it was just a week or so after I'd purchased it. The occurrence was always few and far between up until recently.

One thing you sure don't want to do is release the Cloud and clear the chamber when this happens. The bong turns solid yellow INSTANTLY upon it happening. To inhale that mess would be one of the grossest (and not to mention unhealthiest) things imaginable! :yak:

JJ420,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
1. Restricting the air flow (throttling) by blocking the air intake.
2. A clogged ELB, if clogged bad enough.
3. An ELB packed too tightly.

Purple_Haze nailed it. #'s 1-3 were always the culprit I'd felt.

The first time my Cloud combusted it was just a week or so after I'd got it.It was always very few and far between up until recently.

Just recently it started becoming more of an issue? What, in my numbers 1, 2, and 3, could change between when you got the Cloud, and now? You. The Cloud isn't responsible for cleaning your ELBs, making sure you pack them correctly (not too full), and keeping your hand off of the air intake...that's your job. If your saying that the Cloud has medicated you thoroughly enough, that you can't make sure to follow those steps, I'd say that's a testament to the power of the Cloud, not something to detract from it's value.

I've never had my Cloud combust meds. And, I've done all of numbers 1-3. I had some pretty heavily vaped, maybe even boarder line charred ELBs, but never full on smoke-combustion.

So, that being said, I feel your initial post is worded a little incorrectly...

I've vaked probably around a pound and a half of A+++ herb through my Cloud thus far. It's still kicking great, although the occurrence of combustion is A LOT more frequent then when it was brand new, so much so that it happens once every other day...

According to this /\ the issue has been getting worse. This would lead me to think the Cloud is changing, but logic, and your most recent post, say it's you that is changing. Clearly, you combust with the Cloud more now, than you had when you first got it. Not to be rude, but, have you un-learned how to properly use the Cloud...?

Use a fully clean ELB ( I clean mine when they look visibly dirty (light doesn't pass through them the same VS. clean) then, pack it, half, or less full. vape a bowl, and don't cover the air intake. Does the Cloud produce vapor, or smoke...? I know when I follow those instructions, I get sweet vapor, every time.

Speaking of that the highs produced from the two units are quite different imo. The SSV has much more of a learning curve to it than the Cloud, but once you get it down it's a more up, and quite frankly devastating high. My eyes get waaaay more bloodshot with the SSV making it nearly impossible to hide.
The fact that the Cloud can be used with glass pieces gives it the edge over everything else, plus with the vapor going through water you don't get that inevitable dry/soar throat after heavy usage.

This, I just don't get. It sounds like your saying the SSV can give you a better low temp high. I can only speak for myself, but it doesn't make sense. Ask, many other users here. But, if that's the experience it gives you, keep it in your arsenal :)

Not trying to be mean, I swear...just clarifying a few things. :peace:

Purpl3_Haz3,
Reactions: sunsett70
Im trying to buy the showercap. Do they except paypal?? I can't find that option, but I don't understand why they wouldn't have it set up.

Edit: The whole reason I want to use paypal is because I dont want anything vape related in my statements. Also, If I wanted to resend my paypal money to my bank account, then it would take too long to get the discount :(

Honestly I'd almost buy a pax in order to be discrete.

Vaporlover,

vaplexus

VXHCloud.JPG

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I can see your disappointment with the swagger double.

Not only is the upstem in the center of the top perc, way off center, the hold section of glass that encases the top perc is offset from the rest of the can! (click the pic to make it full size, and you can see the top section of the can, right after the weld, where the top perc is, make a fairly noticeable lean to the right, then sharply back to the left. I don't think any of this would make a difference in functionality, but it definitely doesn't make it look like the $2-$300 pieces that swagger seems to usually put out. From what I've seen, there glass is great.

vaplexus

@nebu wow. well done. i was going to make it more prominent but then decided that i doubt anyone would recognize the album cover. so that was a nice surprise. i have kim poor's autograph on it too! and steve hacket. when they came to town back... probably the late 80s.

@prupl3_haz3 yes. and the broken glass on the bottom around the edge of the GonG joint. plus look at the spacing on the sides of the percs compared to the inner wall of the outer envelope - they are very non-concentric

vaplexus,
Reactions: Nebu

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
I should re-clarify: What I meant to say was #'s 2 through 3, instead of 1-3. My fault for lack of reading there and I apologize. Never have I ever throttled the Cloud's intake.
Yes I do tend to pack way too much into the ELB, and I do have a bad habit of letting the ELBs go far too long between cleanings. Maybe it was just tolerance building up to the unit and a new found appreciation for the SSV, but both seem to give me a slightly different high. Both strong and both great, enough so that I haven't combusted for months (aside from rolling fatties).

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
This, I just don't get. It sounds like your saying the SSV can give you a better low temp high. I can only speak for myself, but it doesn't make sense. Ask, many other users here. But, if that's the experience it gives you, keep it in your arsenal :)

Not trying to be mean, I swear...just clarifying a few things. :peace:

Sorry PH but it does make sense to me... I prefer my SSV over my cloud for several reasons I have already stated, and his statement doesn't seem so absurd to me!

FLskwat,
Reactions: JJ420

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I just sort of realized the reason why I like this particular vaporizer so much... the results are easily repeatable. With my OCD I like to be very specific in the way I medicate. I like for the process to be almost identical every single time. I would like for the vapor density, volume, temp, and active compound composition to be as close to the same amounts as possible. The Cloud easily allows me to control all of those variables, without much of a hassle/thought. There is nothing worse then having OCD and doing everything the same, but having the results be different because the device you are using is not as reliable as it could be.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Sorry PH but it does make sense to me... I prefer my SSV over my cloud for several reasons I have already stated, and his statement doesn't seem so absurd to me!

Not saying the SSV couldn't be preferred over the Cloud, just saying I don't get what it is about one vape, that would cause a change in the effect your meds give you at a certain temp. I wasn't calling him out for liking his SSV, or even wanting to keep it with/instead of the Cloud, just calling him out on saying that one vape gets you higher than the other.

the highs produced from the two units are quite different imo. The SSV has much more of a learning curve to it than the Cloud, but once you get it down it's a more up, and quite frankly devastating high.

Like I said, I'm sure the SSV has lots of great features, etc, and can be a blast to use...just don't see how the SSV will get you more medicated than the Cloud, with the same meds.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Not saying the SSV couldn't be preferred over the Cloud, just saying I don't get what it is about one vape, that would cause a change in the effect your meds give you at a certain temp. I wasn't calling him out for liking his SSV, or even wanting to keep it with/instead of the Cloud, just calling him out on saying that one vape gets you higher than the other.

Like I said, I'm sure the SSV has lots of great features, etc, and can be a blast to use...just don't see how the SSV will get you more medicated than the Cloud, with the same meds.

OK all clear, my misunderstanding previously! :uhoh:

Just Joined the forum is there alot of persnicketiness in here? i really just wanted to use the word. Im pretty high waiting for my cloud.

Matt Johnson,

max

Out to lunch
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
...just don't see how the SSV will get you more medicated than the Cloud, with the same meds.
It doesn't. Vapor is released at the same temp, no matter what model you use. Heat is heat and vapor, at that temp, is vapor. If someone thinks they get a better or different high with a different vape, then enjoy. But it's all physics and the same laws apply no matter what the brand or model. I'm an early user of the Cloud via beta testing, and have been using a production model since they were released. I also used an SSV for years (as well as many other models) and personal experience backs up the physics. The high may feel different from one model to another, at times, but it's all about different temps and amounts, not a high that's more this or that, due to using a different model.

Matt Johnson said:
Just Joined the forum is there alot of persnicketiness in here?
I wouldn't say a lot, although maybe more in the threads for $500 models. We have to justify all the money we're spending, you know? :cool:

I ordered four Elbs When i ordered my cloud, how long does one last you guys on average. I saw one person used one for a year.

Matt Johnson,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
OK all clear, my misunderstanding previously! :uhoh:
It's all good. It's just that posts like his initial one yesterday, will throw people off from potentially buying a good vape. For him to infer that his Cloud is malfunctioning, or something, and is now comusting far more often than when it was new, is a little absurd. He admitted that it was most likely user error that cause it.
Yes I do tend to pack way too much into the ELB, and I do have a bad habit of letting the ELBs go far too long between cleanings.

Also, to say that the SSV flat out got him higher than the Cloud.

The SSV has much more of a learning curve to it than the Cloud, but once you get it down it's a more up, and quite frankly devastating high. My eyes get waaaay more bloodshot with the SSV making it nearly impossible to hide

I can see enjoying the vapor more, or experience, etc...but I can't see one vape magically getting you higher off of the same medicine. He also admitted that this may not be the case.

Maybe it was just tolerance building up to the unit and a new found appreciation for the SSV, but both seem to give me a slightly different high. Both strong and both great, enough so that I haven't combusted for months (aside from rolling fatties).

Vapor is released at the same temp, no matter what model you use. Heat is heat and vapor, at that temp, is vapor. If someone thinks they get a better or different high with a different vape, then enjoy. But it's all physics and the same laws apply no matter what the brand or model. I'm an early user of the Cloud via beta testing, and have been using a production model since they were released. I also used an SSV for years (as well as many other models) and personal experience backs up the physics. The high may feel different from one model to another, at times, but it's all about different temps and amounts, not a high that's more this or that, due to using a different model.

Thank you Max. Nicely put.

Just Joined the forum is there alot of persnicketiness in here? i really just wanted to use the word. Im pretty high waiting for my cloud.
I wouldn't say a lot, although maybe more in the threads for $500 models. We have to justify all the money we're spending, you know? :cool:

It just bugs me when people say things that aren't true, or infer something that isn't true. A lot of people come here for reliable info on vapes, etc. Ps, I like the word persnickety / persnicketiness :)

SD_haze

Just weaved the word persnicketiness into my rhetorical analysis essay I'm writing :p

--Shout out to the two-cap method
Just picked up a solid 5g of kief and using the two-cap it works perfect doing 100% kief ELBs.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Just weaved the word persnicketiness into my rhetorical analysis essay I'm writing :p

--Shout out to the two-cap method
Just picked up a solid 5g of kief and using the two-cap it works perfect doing 100% kief ELBs.

Nice! That's gonna throw off whoever reads it!

And nice as well! Glad it's working for ya! I've been two-cappin' it all morning!
zlCPx.jpg

darkrom

Great Scott!
Damn you know what, I've got a jar of 1-2 grams of kief I saved up the hard way. Maybe I'll treat myself to a 2 cap pure kief in the hydracirc without any water. I bet that tastes niiiiiiice.

blais

I can honestly say I prefer the ssv too the cloud, I have owned both and I feel like I get medicated off less with my ssv, I dont know why but I prefer it any day, I just think cloud is abit hyped up, its a vape like all other vapes they just heat. I dont think they are worth what they cost personally but thats from my own experience I think unless you are a crazy vapor connoisseur there is no reason not too just spend 200 on a vape and buy a decent bong.

blais,
Top Bottom