Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
You can keep it. I wish you that your next unit won't die, but if it does (in other way), you will have replacement parts for everything except glass if it can be taken apart. There is still a lot of expensive stuff there. Have you tried opening it yet?

Not yet but I won't be able to figure out how to fix the burned-in insulation layer...
This is the main issue...tho unit still works but combusting...because the glass tube is broken the air is not sealed and moving passed the electronics...lets say I replace just the tube I can use it for combusting at a low temp which can be better than nothing I guess...

My combuster friend still enjoyed it when it combusted lol...

I think you missed my point again lol WHY does the warranty mention REFURB units?

I agree with Seek, don't throw it out, keep it...there is alot of good parts in there like the outer shell, etc. and one day when the modular design comes out you may be able to salvage some of it.

sorry lol...I have no idea

m0sh,

Jurassic

I feel for you mosh, I really do. Maybe sell it for peanuts to your friend for combustion, but you have a good HT no? So it's not a complete loss at least. Just wait until they sell them stand alone, and forgot that any of this ever happened, but learn from your accident :)

Jurassic,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Not yet but I won't be able to figure out how to fix the burned-in insulation layer...This is the main issue...tho unit still works but combusting...because the glass tube is broken the air is not sealed and moving passed the electronics...lets say I replace just the tube I can use it for combusting at a low temp which can be better than nothing I guess...

All the circuitry is in the bottom housing. The tube is sealed inside the heater/insulator jacket, it is fabricated into one assembly which fills the upper housing. To replace the tube requires rebuilding the entire assembly and re-wiring it into the board below. It could be done in a shop, but to do so would require VXL technical support, and VXL has indicated that is not economically feasible which is consistent with my experience. This is not a task that manufacturers authorize customers to perform. Of course we would prefer it not be this way, but there is no way around it without design changes. Also, I would be extremely careful about using the unit if the tube is broken, glass shards can be imperceptibly small.

I think you missed my point again lol WHY does the warranty mention REFURB units?

The warranty language is standard. The point behind the refurb paragraph is to state what the warranty will be for such units, it is not a commitment to actually sell refurbs - that is an option at the discretion of the manufacturer. When refurbs are offered for consumer electronics - for example a PC or TV - if those units were repaired, it was only for relatively trivial causes. At HP we didn't replace motherboards or electronics and offer those units as refurbs - it's just not cost effective; the entire returned unit is scrapped. My guess is that VXL will take a similar approach, perhaps eventually offering refurbs that are reclaimed from returned units that have some small defect but not units where the tube/heater assembly is broken because, again, it's just not cost effective (at least at this time). :2c:

oldiebutgoodie,

Jurassic

Great explanation Oldie! I always laughed at how refurbs only had a 90 day warranty, when typically they would boast about how much "better" a refurb would be than an original off the shelf due to all the extra excessive testing, etc. This is the main reason I will never buy a refurb, nor shop at XS Cargo lol (for us Canucks, or at least Ontarians).

Jurassic,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Wow... a lot of reading to catch up on here at FC :o

Back home and happy to be using my Cloud again!! Fest was amazing! I'm still in recovery mode, gonna go chill for a bit, while it's still cool outside. Glad to be back!

machomet

just curious, my vapexhale doesnt seem to produce nearly as much steam as the tutorial does/other utube videos of the vapexhale even at the 12 setting. Do I have to add more water? less? Turn it up even higher?

machomet,

max

Out to lunch
just curious, my vapexhale doesnt seem to produce nearly as much steam as the tutorial does/other utube videos of the vapexhale even at the 12 setting. Do I have to add more water? less? Turn it up even higher?
To be accurate, Vapexhale is the company name, not the model, and steam doesn't=vapor. The amount of water doesn't matter at all, and you should be able to get big time vapor clouds from a lower temp setting as well.

Vessel

Are you new to vaporizing, have you vaped with this herb before and what vaporizers have you used in the past ? Its hard to say for sure; especially since I don't have a cloud. There is a chance it could be your herb but will need some more info to discern.

Vessel,
Reactions: Jurassic

John Lewus

Hello everyone. Does anyone lose their taste with the cloud or is the taste reduced in any way? I am relatively new to herb and started after doing a lot of research online. I don't know anyone who vapes and for some reason I lose taste when using my Arizer EQ. I've tried low temp, high temp, bag, whip and nearly every time I lose all taste for a couple hours. When I use my solo I keep more of my taste but still slightly affected.

I tried my own abv edible last weekend and my taste was crazy enhanced.

I am really interested in the cloud or maybe investing the money in a high end glass piece to use with eq but still deciding.

John Lewus,

weedemon

enthusiast
Hello everyone. Does anyone lose their taste with the cloud or is the taste reduced in any way?

I find when i exhale (vapor or smoke) out of my nose, it stuffs me up and i can't smell as well for a while. Maybe that got to do with your taste? smell and taste are very linked senses you know. :)

the cloud produces very tasty vapor btw :)

weedemon,

Buyola

The Cloud is the best tasting vaporizer i have ever tried!

maybe i should say it produces the best tasting vapor i have tried

mod note: Back-to-back posts, merged. Maybe you should just use the Edit button and fix what you originally posted.

Buyola,

machomet

Are you new to vaporizing, have you vaped with this herb before and what vaporizers have you used in the past ? Its hard to say for sure; especially since I don't have a cloud. There is a chance it could be your herb but will need some more info to discern.

Yeah, I'll try just bringing the levels higher. I've had my herb for a while so maybe it could be that too. Just started storing my weed in mason jars so maybe that. Also I am new to vaporizing.

machomet,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Hello everyone. Does anyone lose their taste with the cloud or is the taste reduced in any way? I am relatively new to herb and started after doing a lot of research online. I don't know anyone who vapes and for some reason I lose taste when using my Arizer EQ. I've tried low temp, high temp, bag, whip and nearly every time I lose all taste for a couple hours. When I use my solo I keep more of my taste but still slightly affected.

I tried my own abv edible last weekend and my taste was crazy enhanced.

I am really interested in the cloud or maybe investing the money in a high end glass piece to use with eq but still deciding.

I think you are talking about taste in general and not vapor taste from the Cloud :-). Correct me if I'm wrong :-).

Anyhow, John, being that you are completely new to herb, these kind of weird things may happen I think. This isn't really a specific to the Cloud question I don't think, I think it has to do with any vape you use. When I first started combusting, I actually went blind a few times. I couldn't figure it out. Turns out, it was intense sun light, and the day time, and my eyes just couldn't take the intensity cause everything was super stimulated. Maybe, and this is a guess is that either your blocking your nose/sinus like someone said before, or you body is just in super overload that it just shuts off the taste sensors. Again, I'm not a doctor, I'm a DBA LOL :-)

Good luck bro.

Yeah, I'll try just bringing the levels higher. I've had my herb for a while so maybe it could be that too. Just started storing my weed in mason jars so maybe that. Also I am new to vaporizing.

It definitely depends on the strain and dryness of the herb. The more dry it is, I find the better vapor I get. My first strain I used with it, I got crazy hits and it lasted a while. This strain I'm now at 2 o'clock struggling to get the same types of hits I was getting on my first strain. Can't wait to pick up a new batch.

Also, not sure if it's related to the strain but since I turned up the heat, I get less hits. So take note on that. My ABV comes out dark brown.

newVaper420,

Jurassic

Hey any Canadians order a Cloud recently? Or at least since they switched to USPS for shipping? Just trying to get an idea of total price to your door.

VapeXhale has been a bit quiet...me thinks there is going to be a big surprise soon :D

It definitely depends on the strain and dryness of the herb. The more dry it is, I find the better vapor I get. My first strain I used with it, I got crazy hits and it lasted a while. This strain I'm now at 2 o'clock struggling to get the same types of hits I was getting on my first strain. Can't wait to pick up a new batch.

^^^^^^^This! Big time!

Jurassic,

John Lewus

Thanks for the reply. I've been vaping for a year but new to herb in the last year. I am weird in that I don't really have friends that do it and I do it alone mostly. It just sucks that I lose my taste and I can't figure out why. My Arizer solo only partially affects my taste so I can taste some at least. The EQ almost always kills my taste. Texture is really enhanced but I could not tell the difference between chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

The Arizer has a very different taste feel than my eq so I'm hoping the cloud and it's moisturizing water would help. Taking less hits seems to help me too so I'm hoping the cloud would let me still taste some but I have no way to test :-(

John Lewus,

Vessel

There is suppose to be a special FC code for something cooler than that was offered in HiTis, the international release coming about is coming out, and new hydra tubes should be in stock - possibly all within this week. I've pretty much decided on getting the cloud but want to wait to see whats over the mtn. pass.

I had a dream about the different HT's - they had a bit of color and where designed differently.

Seek, my immediate apologies. I heard or thought they where making progress non the less.

Vessel,
Reactions: Jurassic

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
This? Or something bigger?
durrhurr.gif

Vessel: Internationals this week? I've seen this is going to be "a couple of months" like a week ago on VXL FB.

Seek,

trm11

Just to go back to my other post, lots of activity on this thread =P, the water I was using when there was water inside the female joint was at room temp and was by no means cold or chilled, thus it was not condensation. I understand other people have had this problem, I just want to document the issue because this is not a problem that should by any means void the warranty, this is a defect of the product if a problem is to occur. I am at this time very hesitant to even use my HT Evolver circ because of this issue. I understand that the VXL team is very shaky about returns and such so I do not want to harm the unit, but I'm having trouble finding a solution to this problem. If I let out any more water there won't even be diffusion, also I am pulling lightly, I've always been a vaper and after a year with a MFLB I've become accustomed to lighter pulls. I'd like to ask this thread before sending a message to their support line because I know they are busy and there's a high chance someone on this thread can help me. Thank you.

trm11,
Reactions: Vessel

Buyola

I cant wait for a new HT. Its fun using my Zob perc. But I really like how stealthy the HT is. the anticipation is killing me!

Buyola,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I cant wait for a new HT. Its fun using my Zob perc. But I really like how stealthy the HT is. the anticipation is killing me!

Yeah, I can't even afford a new HT as I just bought the Cloud, the EQ, and the WISPR, but if it's something sick, I'll figure out a way :-D

neve13

i think i overmedicated.
wooo just returned from a long weekend without my cloud. so happy to be reunited!

I just got one of my friends (a huge SSV fanboy) all hyped about the cloud. I'm a firm believer that the VXC should be in every stoners arsenal!

Jurassic

There is suppose to be a special FC code for something cooler than that was offered in HiTis, the international release coming about is coming out, and new hydra tubes should be in stock - possibly all within this week. I've pretty much decided on getting the cloud but want to wait to see whats over the mtn. pass.

I'm with you Vessel! Just waiting for the discount and see what's over the pass :) Oh yeah, and saving up more cash!

Just to go back to my other post, lots of activity on this thread =P, the water I was using when there was water inside the female joint was at room temp and was by no means cold or chilled, thus it was not condensation. I understand other people have had this problem, I just want to document the issue because this is not a problem that should by any means void the warranty, this is a defect of the product if a problem is to occur. I am at this time very hesitant to even use my HT Evolver circ because of this issue. I understand that the VXL team is very shaky about returns and such so I do not want to harm the unit, but I'm having trouble finding a solution to this problem. If I let out any more water there won't even be diffusion, also I am pulling lightly, I've always been a vaper and after a year with a MFLB I've become accustomed to lighter pulls. I'd like to ask this thread before sending a message to their support line because I know they are busy and there's a high chance someone on this thread can help me. Thank you.

I think maybe you have a problem with your HT, or i'm not understanding what's going on here. I have been fortunate enough to have used the SGW many times personally, and I have never seen what you are describing. To be safe, always use a paper towel in the female joint after you fill with water, etc. Or stick your baby finger up there to check for moisture. If moisture is getting in there from just pulling, something is up with your HT. It's not SUPPOSED to happen like that, and as long as you're not using ice so water levels aren't affected to overflow, the hydratubes work amazingly as can be attested by many happy owners here.

Release the HT hounds! :)

Top Bottom