Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
EQ's heater is in the center of a ceramic that is in a glass tube. VXC's heater is all around the glasstube of same radius and probably longer. So bigger.

You are correct about the length but not about the mass; I'll not say more about that. :science: IMO what's most important, going back to the original question, is that the Cloud's whole heat delivery sub-system is just technically much more advanced. There are interesting, and I suspect unique, thermodynamics going on outside/inside the tube between the two orifices. Integral to this is the controller firmware. Add in the ELB air flow characteristics, and I don't know of another desktop vaporizer that is this sophisticated.

oldiebutgoodie,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Guys, there is so much nicer glass out there than the supplied VXC chubbler. Now I've never used the HT myself, but that is because I have twenty-something bongs to choose from.

Also, forget about the 45 degree adapter too. The VXC is best used hands free with a stemless 90* joint. IMO, it'd be a drag to have to constantly be holding the Cloud while you hit. It's always been hard for me to focus after enjoying two or three ELBs!

I have a bit of glass to choose from also, but I almot always end back on a HT. The size, amount of diffusion, ease of use, make it prime for the VXC. Sure I'll use bigger glass sometimes with more diffusion, but the HT are simply kick ass.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
You are correct about the length but not about the mass; I'll not say more about that. :science:
The whole glass core is tightly held by the heater or at least it's exchanger, so i think it's not thin as MFLB screen. But I can't know too. There could be tiny dwarves'n'wizards in there doing all the work and fat boss lying all day inside the Cloud... :D.
IMO what's most important, going back to the original question, is that the Cloud's whole heat delivery sub-system is just technically much more advanced. There are interesting, and I suspect unique, thermodynamics going on outside/inside the tube between the two orifices. Integral to this is the controller firmware. Add in the ELB air flow characteristics, and I don't know of another desktop vaporizer that is this sophisticated.
True. Smart algorithm controlled heating from outside so all air that passes heats up precisely, then hole for venturi boost, then narrow ELB where all herbs are exposed to the uniformly heated vortex, and then percolator and then you. Practically all glass, beatiful, size of a small bong, trivial to use. I'm sure this is not the best vapor experience ever only in my eyes.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
True. Smart algorithm controlled heating from outside so all air that passes heats up precisely, then hole for venturi boost, then narrow ELB where all herbs are exposed to the uniformly heated vortex, and then percolator and then you. Practically all glass, beatiful, size of a small bong, trivial to use. I'm sure this is not the best vapor experience ever only in my eyes.

Very well said! :nod:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Well, i'm sure this goes without saying, but be careful with your ELBs. One of mine rolled off the table, and fell on the floor. I went to pick it up, and accidentally stepped on it, one ELB destroyed. It bended and wasn't a cylinder anymore. Had to throw it away.

Been two weeks with my Cloud. I've been pretty obsessed with it, making up words to current songs about how much I love my Cloud. Hahahaha, I can't be the only one. ;-)

The whole glass core is tightly held by the heater or at least it's exchanger, so i think it's not thin as MFLB screen. But I can't know too. There could be tiny dwarves'n'wizards in there doing all the work and fat boss lying all day inside the Cloud... :D.
Yeah this thing is a beast. I love it. The only thing is I get spoiled and don't want to use my WISPR outside but i need to medicate. But the Cloud works so good.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Well, i'm sure this goes without saying, but be careful with your ELBs. One of mine rolled off the table, and fell on the floor. I went to pick it up, and accidentally stepped on it, one ELB destroyed. It bended and wasn't a cylinder anymore. Had to throw it away.

Been two weeks with my Cloud. I've been pretty obsessed with it, making up words to current songs about how much I love my Cloud. Hahahaha, I can't be the only one. ;-)

Yeah this thing is a beast. I love it. The only thing is I get spoiled and don't want to use my WISPR outside but i need to medicate. But the Cloud works so good.

You are not alone in your obsession, trust me :)

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Been searching hard for an Ove Glove without that dorky blue silicone all over the outside, and finally found one. Apparently the original glove (from like 1995) didnt have any silicone but all the new ones do, except the "Handy Man's" edition

I can't get any kind of functional comparison other than it not having the blue silicone everywhere. Only other difference is instead of getting 2 for ~$20, it's 1 for $20.
517IstgKdxL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

Got mine at Walgreen's for about $6 two months ago.

Saw this on ebay 2/$10 (+$6 S/H): http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-GLO...ltDomain_0&hash=item35b8105bf1#ht_1482wt_1102

Sinclue,

Lostclusters

"Will an international version be available?

Eventually yes, we will have international models compatible with European and Australian regions. We will update this section shortly when we have more visibility into when the international version will be available."
That was posted ages ago and made it seem like they would have them released shortly.
Christ i'm on the verge of just buying a volcano :(

Something tells me that VXH will probably make it worth your while when the international version become available. And you should know that when you get it, you'll be happy with it :)

I must say that during the burn in process, which is still very necessary by the way, I never felt I needed an OvGlove to handle my Cloud. I left it on high all day, during a hot spell here which is still kicking, for three days running to burn off the "new" smells. Not like the solo which smell never went away until I cleaned the guts with alcohol, the Cloud's "new" smell diminished after my burn in and has not resurfaced since.

Lostclusters,

Jurassic

Can't VXL recycle my broken unit? I just feel bad to throw it to the garbage... /;

From their warranty info:

Refurbished unit will have a warranty period of 90 days.

I'm not sure if this means they are planning on selling refurbs, or if you have warranty service done, you will only have a 90 day warranty after the matter, even if you have more warranty remaining?

Jurassic,

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
I've already got one half (smaller part) of an ELB that's ruined. The cause being I was so high that I'd started to stir the bowl and ended up picking apart the mesh pretty good before realizing I wasn't even poking at the herb!

JJ420,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I've already got one half (smaller part) of an ELB that's ruined. The cause being I was so high that I'd started to stir the bowl and ended up picking apart the mesh pretty good before realizing I wasn't even poking at the herb!

:rofl:

Sorry... Sounds like an endorsement of the device though.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Vapinghole

Jurassic

?? You were stirring the top part of the ELB? I don't follow, you indicate the smaller part is ruined, yet you ruined it by stirring the bowl? Or you mean the two were together, and you started stirring the top? haha

Jurassic,

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
?? you mean the two were together, and you started stirring the top? haha

Exactly.:D This was bowl after bowl though all throughout the afternoon (I'd estimate four or five in a row) with chunks of bubble hash nestled in between every one.

Jurassic

Wow, aren't you going to destroy your tolerance? Or are you one of the lucky ones that never gets one? lol

Jurassic,

trm11

I was recently hitting my cloud and realized that there was some condensation on the female joint of the HT. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I made sure the water level was just above the circ perc and that is wasn't over filled but I usually will see condensation inside the HT on the female joint. Just a little concerned I don't want to get water in the unit or ruin the unit.

trm11,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I was recently hitting my cloud and realized that there was some condensation on the female joint of the HT. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I made sure the water level was just above the circ perc and that is wasn't over filled but I usually will see condensation inside the HT on the female joint. Just a little concerned I don't want to get water in the unit or ruin the unit.

Yes be careful. I put the tube on the joint and water definitely hit the male joint, but no thermal shock occurred. Be very careful and make sure you dry the tube thoroughly before use. The condensation isn't bad, as I use fridge cold water and that's fine, I just worry about actual water.

newVaper420,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
From their warranty info:

Refurbished unit will have a warranty period of 90 days.

I'm not sure if this means they are planning on selling refurbs, or if you have warranty service done, you will only have a 90 day warranty after the matter, even if you have more warranty remaining?

it died from a non warranted accident which is IMO can happen to anyone...

I would have tried to fix it on my own expense but VXL are not on the same boat regarding this unit so I end up with a broken unit and no possible way to fix it.

m0sh,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I thought cold water/ice is good only for smoking, as the coldness dulls harshness of that smoke. With vapor it is probably best to use room temp water. Hot water will make a lot of steam, that irritates. Cold water will do only little work plus there is risk of condensation. Also I wouldn't dull the vapor taste by coldness as it is done with smoke. Vapor tastes great, especially from the Cloud. Also I recommend using salted water. It will make the HT last clean way longer plus it inhibits water from absorbing taste. So it tastes more too.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I thought cold water/ice is good only for smoking, as the coldness dulls harshness of that smoke. With vapor it is probably best to use room temp water. Hot water will make a lot of steam, that irritates. Cold water will do only little work plus there is risk of condensation. Also I wouldn't dull the vapor taste by coldness as it is done with smoke. Vapor tastes great, especially from the Cloud. Also I recommend using salted water. It will make the HT last clean way longer plus it inhibits water from absorbing taste. So it tastes more too.

Hmmm that's interesting. I don't think I could do the salted water. I feel like I can taste that (not a big fan of salt). I get the water from the fridge cause I use zerowater.

I tried Poland Spring room temp water, and I didn't like how hot the water got after a session with the cloud. Pappy posted saying the had an infection or something and the doctor told him not to use warm/hot water while vaping. So I've actually been filling up the HydraTube, and then letting the Cloud warm up, so the tube is not super cold cause it sits out for 15 mins or so.

newVaper420,

Jurassic

Hey Seek, have you read the hot water thread? It does the opposite of irritates, it is actually much smoother, but as long as it's not steaming ofcourse, that's TOO hot. I didn't know that super cold and ice water mitigates taste, hmmmmmm.

it died from a non warranted accident which is IMO can happen to anyone...

I would have tried to fix it on my own expense but VXL are not on the same boat regarding this unit so I end up with a broken unit and no possible way to fix it.

I think you may have missed my point. VXL said that they don't fix or refurb, yet that's not what their warranty implies. Unless i'm missing something here myself.

Jurassic,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Hey Seek, have you read the hot water thread? It does the opposite of irritates, it is actually much smoother, but as long as it's not steaming ofcourse, that's TOO hot. I didn't know that super cold and ice water mitigates taste, hmmmmmm.

I think you may have missed my point. VXL said that they don't fix or refurb, yet that's not what their warranty implies. Unless i'm missing something here myself.

If the unit dies you can get a new one for free if the problem is inside the warranty - which mine isn't

And I know they don't fix...I wanted to try myself but its not possible without help from them which I can understand not wanting to...

Anyway I'd probably throw it to the garbage I guess

m0sh,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
...I don't think I could do the salted water. I feel like I can taste that (not a big fan of salt)...
If you don't oversaturate it it won't smell salty at all. I can smell a bit something only at first pull, that could be impurities and then it's tasteless. You can taste only salt that is not dissolved in water. Dissolved only if you get water in your mouth, but HTs have splashguards, so it's not a problem.
Hey Seek, have you read the hot water thread? It does the opposite of irritates, it is actually much smoother, but as long as it's not steaming ofcourse, that's TOO hot.
Anywhere near room temp is good, little cold can taste refreshing and little warm is smoother. I've pointed out how both extremes are bad. Maybe fridge cold is ok, but I wouldn't go further.
I didn't know that super cold and ice water mitigates taste, hmmmmmm.
At least in my experience cold makes taste receptors less sensitive. Drinking hot beer or ice-cream (too much taste), or hot meals when cold (tasteless) etc. But also cold water will absorb less of the taste. So there are more variables.
You can keep it. I wish you that your next unit won't die, but if it does (in other way), you will have replacement parts for everything except glass if it can be taken apart. There is still a lot of expensive stuff there. Have you tried opening it yet?

Jurassic

If the unit dies you can get a new one for free if the problem is inside the warranty - which mine isn't

And I know they don't fix...I wanted to try myself but its not possible without help from them which I can understand not wanting to...

I think you missed my point again lol WHY does the warranty mention REFURB units?

I agree with Seek, don't throw it out, keep it...there is alot of good parts in there like the outer shell, etc. and one day when the modular design comes out you may be able to salvage some of it.

Jurassic,
Top Bottom