Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Julien

I pre-ordered the cloud a few months ago, to be exact March 12th 2012. How much longer should I expect to be waiting on delivery and payment confirmation??!!!

Julien,

m0j0h4nd

Can someone with an IR thermo test something for me? Turn Cloud to 9pm, turn on, wait 20 mins, and take a reading on the side halfway between the top screws and the top of the enclosure. I'm wondering if the temp is higher than what you see when tested at noon versus 9pm. My unit's enclosure is the same temp after 20mins regardless of dial position.

m0j0h4nd,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I pre-ordered the cloud a few months ago, to be exact March 12th 2012. How much longer should I expect to be waiting on delivery and payment confirmation??!!!

A while...and I'll add one more month just because this is your first post in FC.

m0sh,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
My first HT casualty. RIP Vertigo, you had so much life ahead of you, and may have been my favorite HT.

IAmKrazy2,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I just was uncareful. Had it sitting upright on a TV tray and bumped the tray and knocked it to the ground. Shouldn't have had it resting there. Lots more toys here to play with.

Haven't been posting a lot recently or reading all what is here. One thought... after using various VXC units for over a year longer then the general public release, I still use HT's the vast majority of the time. HT's provide such good taste, wet or dry.

IAmKrazy2,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Can someone with an IR thermo test something for me? Turn Cloud to 9pm, turn on, wait 20 mins, and take a reading on the side halfway between the top screws and the top of the enclosure. I'm wondering if the temp is higher than what you see when tested at noon versus 9pm. My unit's enclosure is the same temp after 20mins regardless of dial position.

What is it that you are trying to determine?

Did you see the temp readings I posted previously?

oldiebutgoodie,

m0j0h4nd

What is it that you are trying to determine?

Did you see the temp readings I posted previously?

I'm trying to determine two things. First, I'm trying to determine if my cloud is working properly. Secondly, I'm trying to determine if the enclosure gets Y hot in X amount of time regardless of the heat setting.

I did see your posting earlier and just went back to re-read them. I missed the part where you talked about full bore temps and thought you had only taken readings at noon. My apologies. Your settings seem to be close to mine and that reassures me. Thank you.

My question now is what are the min and max temps? I know stonemonkey commented that the newer and older units had the same min/max temps but may run hotter/cooler depending on the position of the dial. So what is the min and max temp. And if I'm trying to dial into a certain temperature zone how do I more easily do that?

m0j0h4nd,

oldiebutgoodie

I'm trying to determine two things. First, I'm trying to determine if my cloud is working properly. Secondly, I'm trying to determine if the enclosure gets Y hot in X amount of time regardless of the heat setting.

I did see your posting earlier and just went back to re-read them. I missed the part where you talked about full bore temps and thought you had only taken readings at noon. My apologies. Your settings seem to be close to mine and that reassures me. Thank you.

My question now is what are the min and max temps? I know stonemonkey commented that the newer and older units had the same min/max temps but may run hotter/cooler depending on the position of the dial. So what is the min and max temp. And if I'm trying to dial into a certain temperature zone how do I more easily do that?

Understood. And we could probably use some clarification from SM re the min/max and zones.

oldiebutgoodie,

vape4life

Banned for life
The only reason i'm worried about it, is because of the others worried about it! lol It pains me to read some of the misinformation around here sometimes.

I'm still confused if everyone's min/max temps are the same why different points equal different temps on the dial?

EDIT: Oh, and for those with the hydracirc, I can't seem to get the resin off the inside of the dome no matter what I try. I just do an iso soak and i've done it sitting in both ends of the HT. Everything sparkles, except that one damn spot! lol

vape4life,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The only reason i'm worried about it, is because of the others worried about it! lol It pains me to read some of the misinformation around here sometimes.

I'm still confused if everyone's min/max temps are the same why different points equal different temps on the dial?

EDIT: Oh, and for those with the hydracirc, I can't seem to get the resin off the inside of the dome no matter what I try. I just do an iso soak and i've done it sitting in both ends of the HT. Everything sparkles, except that one damn spot! lol
I don't think it is anything to worry about per se. I'm a little bit confused as well, but I'm sure SM55 will chime in to clarify.

I didn't mean to cause a stir with my comment about new units running hotter. I was just passing on the information that I had received. From SM's comments, it appears that the newer units are running hotter at 12:00, but he stated that the overall range remains constant will all units. This does seem a little confusing, I admit; but I'll refrain from commenting further until SM decides to elaborate.

@V4L - Have you tried using salt and shaking it around when cleaning with iso? My hydracirc has been cleaning up nicely so far with iso+salt.

:peace:

Stu,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I don't think it is anything to worry about per se. I'm a little bit confused as well, but I'm sure SM55 will chime in to clarify.

I didn't mean to cause a stir with my comment about new units running hotter. I was just passing on the information that I had received. From SM's comments, it appears that the newer units are running hotter at 12:00, but he stated that the overall range remains constant will all units. This does seem a little confusing, I admit; but I'll refrain from commenting further until SM decides to elaborate.

@V4L - Have you tried using salt and shaking it around when cleaning with iso? My hydracirc has been cleaning up nicely so far with iso+salt.

:peace:

As I explained in a previous post, our ability to more accurately measure the temperature of the air passing the ELB has improved. We wanted the middle position to be the "sweet spot" so as we got better measuring the heat of the air, we slightly moved the temperature to reflect this.

The mix/max heat has remained the same because of the power the Cloud is drawing is the same. Being that this is an analog vaporizer, we knew that experienced vaporists would just figure out what their sweet spot on the machine would be regardless of temperature. Because we had moved the center sweet spot around, obviously, certain spots on the dial may have a larger temperature range than others. Being that this is causing confusion, we may abandon the idea of the noon position being the sweet spot and have a linear dial instead.

vape4life

Banned for life
As I explained in a previous post, our ability to more accurately measure the temperature of the air passing the ELB has improved. We wanted the middle position to be the "sweet spot" so as we got better measuring the heat of the air, we slightly moved the temperature to reflect this.

The mix/max heat has remained the same because of the power the Cloud is drawing is the same. Being that this is an analog vaporizer, we knew that experienced vaporists would just figure out what their sweet spot on the machine would be regardless of temperature. Because we had moved the center sweet spot around, obviously, certain spots on the dial may have a larger temperature range than others. Being that this is causing confusion, we may abandon the idea of the noon position being the sweet spot and have a linear dial instead.

In my own personal opinion, I think that the linear dial would be less confusing. I just don't understand "sweet spots".... I mean, if you want thinner vapour, use a lower temp, if you want a thicker denser vapour then crank it up high. My sweet spot changes all the time depending on what kind of effect I am looking for.

I wouldn't worry about having it at the "noon" position.

EDIT: Is there anyway to know where the sweet spot might be depending on serial number? Or knowing what temps we are vaping at, and where on the dial? IMO this is a pretty big oversight.

vape4life,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
But honestly the sweet spot differs from user to user...therefore IMO - the sweet spot should be VXC team sweet spot :)

oldiebutgoodie

In my own personal opinion, I think that the linear dial would be less confusing . . .

I agree that the linear dial would be better, and that's essentially how I've viewed the hash marks that are on the unit now. With the wide range of temp preferences, plus other variables such as the material or how a user does his/her session (e.g., ramping up the temp), IMO not only will be the sweet spot be different from one user to the next, but some will have more than one, depending. The important thing is that the Cloud provides the full temp range any user would want and that the user can dial that in at will. (Even on a digital unit the temp displayed is just a close approximation and the user still needs to experiment to find just the right setting.)

oldiebutgoodie,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Agree the "sweet spot" differs from person to person. Even from machine to machine and strain to strain probably. For me the closest thing to a "constant" to judge by is the ABV. I play around with temp settings on each device/machine until I can consistently produce ABV the color I think it should be. Which, of course, is also a personal preference.

I've tried three different Extreme Q of similar vintage and the digital readout varies by as much as 10 degrees yet produces the same looking ABV. I treat all readouts, hash marks, etc as guides...although I usually wind up making my own mark to show my "sweet spot".

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I am going by taste more than anything. I have noticed that vapor continues to extract without "popcorn" taste over in the 10 oclock area. Also, I let my Cloud heat up for like 15 minutes, until it reaches an ambient state, radiating heat back into space, that it receives from the heater, and stabilizing that radiation at a constant rate. I started doing this so that I could have more reproducible results. I have noticed that the performance is different with this longer heat up time. Noon setting for me provides the same results with a 5 minute preheat that 10 oclock does with a 15 minute preheat. I find that the light goes green when the Cloud reaches an ambient state, which I like.

One thing I do know, I love my Cloud. I know log vape owners tend to create a relationship with their devices, I can understand that. As a medical patient, I have fallen fiercely in love with my Cloud. In fact, I'm not sure I would even be willing to be without it to fix the firmware, if it even needs "fixing" really.

Sorry for the rambling of this, just got back from the doctor and I am really messed up right now.

Top Bottom