Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
So i just received my Cloud and the light seems to be fine. it takes about 10-13min or so to turn from red to green, but it will stay green until the unit times out, through a session. then, once it times out, it flashes a pattern of red and green until i reset it.

regardless if i turn the temp up or down a notch, it will turn red for a few min and then go back to a steady green.

sooo i guess i got one that works?

JDSupreme,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Happy 4th of July to the FC forum!

There have been lots of conversation concerning the temperature of the various unit and while we have played around with what the noon position temperature would be, the minimum and maximum temperatures have stayed consistent. This is why some people think their "sweet spot" is 9, some think it is 12, while others might use the 3 position.

The important thing to remember is that the range of temperatures will be the same from unit to unit even if the relative setting might seem to be different. As we've grown as a company, our tools to measure relative heat at the ELB has improved which is why we have been playing around with the algorithm. I hope that explains the temperature discussion. Time to get the BBQ ready!

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Good to hear that Clouds are getting even better. Maybe there is an advantage being a late & international preorder. :) Oh my VXC gonna be superior... or DOA i can't know...

Seek,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Good to hear that Clouds are getting even better. Maybe there is an advantage being a late & international preorder. :) Oh my VXC gonna be superior... or DOA i can't know...

that's I've been saying from the beginning ;)

m0sh,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
There is something to be said about being an early adopter: You get the product early. You get to contribute to the discussion early. You get to help improve the product for future buyers. You get to be on the bleeding edge of technology.

There is something to be said about being a late adopter. You get a product that has been tested by more people. It has usually been improved since the first production run. It gives the manufacture time to work out the kinks in their business. You can have a better idea of what you are buying before you actually buy it.

I have always been an early adopter. It comes with some annoyances sometimes. I used to like to invest in those KickStarter projects but I got burned a couple times. I have even been disappointed once or twice by buying into a product concept early and having the actually product turn out to be junk.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I thought I'd share my new case for my Cloud. It's a Pelican series 1400.
357jcbm.jpg

2la7yg4.jpg

2qn5wkp.jpg

:peace:

trm11

does anyone know how far along the pre-orders are? I hate to be THAT guy but I'm going to costa rica in about a week and I'll be there for two weeks. I'd hate to not be able to get email and get my order email =/

trm11,
I thought I'd share my new case for my Cloud. It's a Pelican series 1400.

2qn5wkp.jpg

Hey Stu, what kind of clips are those on the Cloud's cord? Were they already on it or did you put them on there to keep it organized in the case? I do the same thing with my VHW cord in a Pelican case and plan on doing the same thing when I get the Cloud.

nugghuffer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hey Stu, what kind of clips are those on the Cloud's cord? Were they already on it or did you put them on there to keep it organized in the case? I do the same thing with my VHW cord in a Pelican case and plan on doing the same thing when I get the Cloud.

They are just 2 black zip ties. I was looking for some velcro wraps that I have, but can't find 'em, so I used zip ties. The Cloud's cord is quite long (which is great imo), but my vape station doesn't need that long of a cord, so I just wrapped up a portion in the middle to keep it nice and neat.

Stu,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
That is an excellent travel case option. :tup:

I hesitate to use those pull apart foam blocks... they can be a nightmare for my OCD. If the little edges don't line up I get weird. :( Yours looks good. Although I really want to poke the top left corner down on the Hydra Tube storage part. :o

I wonder how much it would cost to get a foam block laser cut to my specifications? I am betting tooooooooo much!

Slightly Medicated,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I cut the base of that section at a slight angle so as to better support the weight of the HT more evenly. Is that what you mean?

I think so, it makes it look pushed up a bit. That is rather brilliant that you did that. :bowdown:

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Stu

vape4life

Banned for life
Happy 4th of July to the FC forum!

There have been lots of conversation concerning the temperature of the various unit and while we have played around with what the noon position temperature would be, the minimum and maximum temperatures have stayed consistent. This is why some people think their "sweet spot" is 9, some think it is 12, while others might use the 3 position.

The important thing to remember is that the range of temperatures will be the same from unit to unit even if the relative setting might seem to be different. As we've grown as a company, our tools to measure relative heat at the ELB has improved which is why we have been playing around with the algorithm. I hope that explains the temperature discussion. Time to get the BBQ ready!

I'm a little confused by this. I understand that all clouds have the same range and min. and max temps. So why wouldn't noon simply be "half way" between min. and max? I dunno, maybe i'm not following correctly here, just don't understand that.

Also, when you do settle for the algorithm you choose to move forward with, will existing owners be able to upgrade?

vape4life,
I hesitate to use those pull apart foam blocks... they can be a nightmare for my OCD. If the little edges don't line up I get weird. :( Yours looks good. Although I really want to poke the top left corner down on the Hydra Tube storage part. :o

I wonder how much it would cost to get a foam block laser cut to my specifications? I am betting tooooooooo much!

I thought the same thing when I first looked at the foam, but it's actually really easy to cut it perfect if you're patient. Just outline what's going in there with toothpicks, carve out the shape with a good knife but stop at the bottom layer of foam (that isn't supposed to come out). Pull out the entire section you just cut, then see how high you need the foam to be (usually make the piece/vape flush with the top of the foam), cut off the excess and stuff it back down in the cutout. It might not be as perfect as laser cut foam, but it will definitely save you time and a lot of money. If that didn't make sense, Google "cutting pick 'n pluck foam" and you'll get some good results and videos. Here's a shot of my Pelican using that method...Vriptech Heat Wand

nugghuffer,
Top Bottom