Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
So is the recommended setting for the newest versions still 12:00 or is it lower? Don't remember if that was confirmed after it was brought up a few weeks ago...

JDSupreme,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
In fact I'm using more and more my cloud with this set up (sorry for the erl buid up but I also use it as a dab freezer, ROFL):

The pros are IMO (vs. the Vertigo HT which I definitely do not like):

-I can have it upside down with no risk of water spillage or perc. not stacking... + it is a smaller combo then cloud /HT by 5cm!
-I have dry and cooled vapor clouds: 100% flavors (yes the water filtration of the HT is the one cutting the flavors when I compared it to an SSV & AV-much less water/slits)!
-I have no air restriction AT ALL=abnormal, gigantic, ridiculous rips!!

Agreed SS, I was just asking to leave the ELB in for a while to proof there was a little percolation going in there and a little waste of flavor/terpenes! I do not do that with my cloud and agree with OBG & U that there is not much going on (in terms of vape waste) after 1st or 2nd rip (+ I did the IR gun test and the max temp reached in the ELB by the weed is 91°C -more then OBG... defective unit?- but so yes no real percolation, and terps & favs oxidation!)

About using the Cloud as a "glass piece heater vaporizer", sitting above was of course my first idea BUT it was also the reason why I personally said 2 things during that previous discussion :
1/ it was not the best ergonomic vape for that purpose (discussion with Tea Party & Co) on the market (this is just an observation...). As you can see with my personal arsenal "it makes no sense":

2/ might be interesting to have either :
-an ELB that goes on the majority of 18 mm female joints (lots of glass water pipes ) /andor on the 18 mm female joint of the HT, like that each time you separate the cloud from the HT/piece to clear the hit...the ELB stays on the femal joint, separated from the heat...
-or a cloud adaptor (18 mm female to female, like a Q bowl but as short as possible) , and use the cloud on DI pieces (male joints all of them as mines) this way:
Insert the ELB in the male joint of your piece:

Cranck the temp of your Cloud to max, inhale and you'll get the same rip, but you can take out the cloud,the ELB stays in your piece...

Anyhow, I'm still waiting for a few glass adaptors to do a little more experiments and will report with full review soon!
Would you mind trying a Y adapter. I use it always on my setup. On one GonG you place your fave vape setup, at the free GonG you can use a glass stopper as a carb. Voila mon ami!!!! No need to disassemble your vape&glass setup everytime you need to clear a hit :) enjoy and stay vaped. Beautiful glass BTW

Zangano Cruel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
So is the recommended setting for the newest versions still 12:00 or is it lower? Don't remember if that was confirmed after it was brought up a few weeks ago...
The new units are running considerably hotter. I don't have an older version to compare it to, but 12 is now considerably hotter than it used to be when it was referred to as the "recommended" starting point. Play around a little, but I would suggest starting at 9:00 or 10:00 and go up/down from there to really get to know your unit.

I wouldn't recommend going higher than 12:00 unless you're playing with concentrates.

:2c:

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
The new units are running considerably hotter. I don't have an older version to compare it to, but 12 is now considerably hotter than it used to be when it was referred to as the "recommended" starting point. Play around a little, but I would suggest starting at 9:00 or 10:00 and go up/down from there to really get to know your unit.

I wouldn't recommend going higher than 12:00 unless you're playing with concentrates.

Thx Stu!

Now if the slow ass UPS driver would fucking deliver it already I'd be alot happier. After I shut my EQ off last night I told myself no vaping until the Cloud comes. This has been quite the anxiously sober day so far for me!

JDSupreme,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
WOW THIS IS GOLD, would you mind testing these adapters and put them into female joints with the elb's and see if its a nice fit (ie. diameter of elb is smaller than tip of male joint, or bigger and adapter fits wobbly in female joint) if it fits snugly is the ground glass piece of the adapter longer than the VXC ground glass part?
i know this may sounds weird but i would like to try the elb's in my vaporizer setup which is why im asking. ive been looking for something like this for a while
I can see where you are going with this and YES they fit :) also, the ground glass part is about 1mm longer than the one on the Cloud.

When I was a kid we had a word for things like the Cloud, it was "wicked cool" Well, the Cloud is wicked cool :cool:

t-dub,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Updating my custom vape setup pic :) vapor nirvana achieved :luv:

cloud3.jpg

OD

Glad to hear you got your unit back, Stu.

I got mine right around when you did & had to send it back as well. Is your light issue corrected on the new unit or is it still faulty?

OD,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Initial impressions.....

Unboxed it. Damn was that packed good. 5min later. Turned it on.

Click click click. eh. could be worse. if you are sitting in a silent room i could see it getting to you after a while. in an audible chinese water torture kind of way i guess. its sitting next to me with the tv on a lower volume. cant hear shit coming from it. moving on, nothing to see here.

ELBs are tight as fuck. worked one in and out a few times until i could get it about 75% in. good enough.

light turned green. light seems to have a mind of its own when I change temps. turns green and stays green after sitting for a bit. if i turn it down, it will go red for a bit, then back green. i can even get the light to turn off completely by tweaking the dial in tiny increments around 9:00. turn back up. light back on. more on this when i spend more time with it.

Loaded about 1/2 an ELB. maybe an EQ elbow pack or a tiny bit more. ripped it. 4 good hits. 3 very flavorful. 4th was still better than any beat hit of any other vape, just not as good as the 1st 3. had it on 10:00 so it was prob a bit too warm from the 195c i hit my eq on. 9:00 next time.

and the high? fuck me sideways im baked. believe the hype. this thing, man.

more to come when im done wandering around the basement back and forth from the computer doing god knows what.

:bowdown: Vapexhale.

Thank you guys soooo much for doing all that you do!!

:peace: JD

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
Initial impressions.....

....and the high? fuck me sideways im baked. believe the hype. this thing, man.

more to come when im done wandering around the basement back and forth from the computer doing god knows what.

:bowdown: Vapexhale.

Thank you guys soooo much for doing all that you do!!

:peace: JD

I agree with you completely. I've had mine for a couple months and am still amazed by it. It was a game changer for me. There's Monkey Magic in the Cloud!

vape4life

Banned for life

Newer as compared to when? My unit is from May/12 so do you think it runs cooler? Why not recommend past 12:00? I think my unit is running bang on, I can get vapour everywhere on the dial including good visible vapour at 7:00 and I typically use it between 12 and 3, sometimes I crank it to max and it's never really uncomfortable.

It's like the "range" maybe isn't very wide? I dunno, the clouds are pretty thick in the upper temps, but every time I come back to this thread I see something has changed, like now the new clouds are running hotter? Just wondering if may/12 counts as a "newer cloud"?

vape4life,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
So im sitting there all high staring at my new toy. then i start looking at the ELBs. I was an elbow packing EQ-er and that lid just looked like it needed to be packed for a 2 rip binger. so i did it. and it worked fantastically. simple as fuck. pics...

That was at 9:00. Got 2 nice tasty hits and i could have got a 3rd but i was too baked from the previous session to continue. fuck. I'm gonna try upping the temp next time since its further away but it worked grrrrreat!

and the ticking it totally a little monkey with a tHC ray making your weed stronger. im super cereal.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Newer as compared to when? My unit is from May/12 so do you think it runs cooler? Why not recommend past 12:00? I think my unit is running bang on, I can get vapour everywhere on the dial including good visible vapour at 7:00 and I typically use it between 12 and 3, sometimes I crank it to max and it's never really uncomfortable.

It's like the "range" maybe isn't very wide? I dunno, the clouds are pretty thick in the upper temps, but every time I come back to this thread I see something has changed, like now the new clouds are running hotter? Just wondering if may/12 counts as a "newer cloud"?
I wish could say when the change was made, but I kinda got the impression when speaking with SM55 that it was very recently. If you got yours in May, it probably has the old(er) firmware. Easy way to check would be if your LED functions normally when reset or when changing temperature slightly. If it goes to green quickly = older firmware (cooler unit, working LED, looser fitting ELB, too probably.... although I don't know when the new(er), tighter-fitting ELBs were actually introduced), but if the LED stays and lingers on red for an extended period (minutes, not seconds) then you have the new(er), hotter-running, loco LED firmware.

I'll let someone from the VXL team offer specifics if they care to, but that's really all I know.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: t-dub

vape4life

Banned for life
Based on what you have just said, I definitely have the older firmware. My unit gets up to temp in about 8 minutes, the leds are stable, the ELBs are all super easy to use, never had any issue, but I do sometimes wonder if it's a cooler running unit as i'm frequently at the 3:00 on the dial or higher.

Is it possible to upgrade to the new firmware or am i SOL?

vape4life,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
About using the Cloud as a "glass piece heater vaporizer", sitting above was of course my first idea BUT it was also the reason why I personally said 2 things during that previous discussion :
1/ it was not the best ergonomic vape for that purpose (discussion with Tea Party & Co) on the market (this is just an observation...). As you can see with my personal arsenal "it makes no sense":

Your personal arsenal is all mini pieces. The cloud it self is rather small compared to your average 18" straight tube. get yourself a 45* adapter like the one pappy uses.

Tea Party,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Is it possible to upgrade to the new firmware or am i SOL?

While I can't answer that question, I would suggest waiting a few weeks until Powernerd gets back in town to fix the "buggy" LED before even considering the newer firmware. In either case, I would try contacting them directly with your question.

vape4life

Banned for life
That was at 9:00. Got 2 nice tasty hits and i could have got a 3rd but i was too baked from the previous session to continue. fuck. I'm gonna try upping the temp next time since its further away but it worked grrrrreat!.

I just tried this with .05g with the 2 tiny elb's, I did it at 10:30 and got 3 pretty whispy hits, and my abv is completely green and unchanged. Gonna try cranking up the temp, guess I have a cooler running Cloud.

EDIT: Cranked it up to max temp, same thing no real vapour and abv still green. I don't like using this method, the mini elb sits too loose in the joint, gets stuck in the HT, and is hot as fuck. The little elbs don't fit very well together either. I'll stick with the way the elb is supposed to be used until they release high efficiency elbs. did you use .05g? Wonder if I need to double it.

vape4life,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
it was about .07g. i didnt have any problem with getting stuck in the HT. i took slower draws.

also, superglued a cork to my vape table. instant HT stand

vape4life

Banned for life
Tried it with like double and no success so I gave up and loaded up the normal elb and it was fine. I think maybe the little elb was flipping around up in my hydracirc cuz it was always getting stuck in there. After I burnt myself I swore and gave up. lol

vape4life,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the 18mm piece from my EQ is too loose to train an elb. it goes in snug, but its not tight enough to really be doing anything, the diameter of the inside of the cloud piece seems to be consistant the whole way down, whereas the eq piece seems to get slightly bigger inside. so the bottom of the elb isnt really even touching anything. and the other pieces i have are thicker and i cant get the elb in even the slightest bit. i can get them 3/4 in the cloud and they are TIGHT TIGHT. i dont want to use the cloud to train these things. looks like i may have to order some universal piece from ALT or something.

edit: my cloud joint seems extremely firm. i am able to get one elb all the way in after quite a few ins and outs. i dont want to push it tho. its still very very tight. maybe a hose clamp would work to train the elbs (its the top of the elb thats the tightest it seems.

JDSupreme,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
my cloud joint seems extremely firm. i am able to get one elb all the way in after quite a few ins and outs. i dont want to push it tho. its still very very tight. maybe a hose clamp would work to train the elbs (its the top of the elb thats the tightest it seems.

I wouldn't train the ELBs on the Cloud either, don't want to risk dislodging the glass . . . Yes, its the top part of the ELB for sure. A little heat and some veggie oil couldn't hurt, but once trained, they work great, and the process happened quite quickly once I got it down . . .

t-dub,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
For those of you that may have missed it, StoneMonkey posted this about the tight-fitting ELBs a few pages ago:
Quick update, as Stu mentioned, in an attempt to make our ELBs more durable, unbeknownst to us, the fitting became tighter....

We have contacted our supplier and they are working on a new ELB design for us that will be more durable but offer easier fitting. These should be completed within a month or so.

In the meantime, if anyone has super tight fitting ELBs, this is what you can do:
  • Don't push it in all the way. Push it in as far as it can go comfortably and the machine will work fine. You might have to use a slightly higher temp since the herb will be further away from the heat source
  • Second, soak your ELB in simple green or ISO as much as you can. I found this makes the screen mesh less rigid and easier to work with
We have a good idea of which units shipped out with the ultra tight screens. When we get the new ones in, we are happy send off replacements to you guys. As always, if you are one of these folks with these screens, open a case and we will send you a complimentary set of replacement screens.

locdb

If you didn't make it in time for the discount, but still had a pre-order, is it still worth the money for the cloud? Do I miss out on anything if I wait to order at a later time / does the pre-order package contain anything more than what I'd be getting if I ordered it at a later date? Will the price increase? Currently in a financial crisis, but considering putting the cloud on my C.C. ..I just hate owing money! ;(

locdb,
Top Bottom