Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
That's an interesting plus with the odor issue. And if you can detect tubing smell from a distance your sniffer is better than mine.

An interesting plus, but a nice one IMO. As far as smelling tubing from afar, my room used to smell like it after busting out the EQ. Now that I've ditched the whip, and started shoving the EQ directly into the downstem of my tube, I no longer get the tubing smell. But I still get smell from what builds up on the glass pieces. So I still anxiously await my email to order the Cloud!

:peace:

Purpl3_Haz3,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
That's an interesting plus with the odor issue. And if you can detect tubing smell from a distance your sniffer is better than mine.
I'm surprised. The tubing smell from my SSV and DBV would permeate through the halls of my apartment; neighbors 4-6 units down the hall could detect the smell when the tubing would be in the open. I got rid of them for that reason. Once I got rid of those and started using my Zap, the complaints from neighbors stopped right away.

AgentofChaos,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

max

Out to lunch
I've used with 18" and 12" tubes only. I prefer it with the Hydratubes actually. Even without ice or water it hits very smooth but with some hydration - you can choke yourself out not realizing how much you're taking in. Previously used SSV as my heavy hitter and the Cloud way out performs it IMHO. My SSV has been retired.
I missed your post Lo, but it could have my post just as well. ;) The beta units shipped with an in-house ShowerDome I believe (no logo on it), which is 2.5" shorter than the Vertigo. I slightly prefer the Vertigo during use but the difference is minor to me, and I do like the recessed joint on the SD. I like using it with the HT as well. It does a great job on the hits while allowing it to be used as a (one) hand held vape. I can use the Cloud in the same manner and with the same setup as my CRZ. I can't see using my SSV anymore either unless I move it to another room for backup use.

sweetdreams4.2.0

purpl3 i also am proud member to own a cloud. as for the discussion about being "king of vapes" personally i'd put it up there but thats my own opinion but for stonemonkey and the VX team do you plan on trying to enter the cloud into the next cannabis cup???

sweetdreams4.2.0,
Reactions: turk

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
(shhhh... it's the wife's nose...) :rofl:and it's not as if she doesn't vape herself :love:

Photoon2012-03-30at1518.jpg

t00fatt

I got my email on wednesday night, tracking says it will be here by next thursday. I'm one happy fatty! Its sure been a long wait, but I have a feeling it will be damn worth it! I've tried to avoid FC for the past 6 months or so, to try and forget about the cloud until the day came, and here she is!

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
^ When did you order? Showerdome? I'm just trying to figure out when I *might* be getting mine :)

Tstat,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the following people, and many more have clouds now :-)

sweetdreams4.2.0
IAmKrazy2
jackstraw62
stickstones
Pappy
max
BL4ZE
medicated
Qapf
Lo
jimbo
green2brown
greystr0ke
hereatlast
lepstadder
Bluntcrush
momofthegoons
EonBlue

I swear I don't stalk this thread... :peace:

And retrospects I believe (edit didnt see sweetdreams on the list).

I hope to be on this list soon. Got my tracking number this morning and it says it is already in windsor, ON. But i dont think this can be possible, and it didnt say it cleared customs yet. Either way, I know its on route and Im happy as a pig in shit!

t00fatt

^ When did you order? Showerdome? I'm just trying to figure out when I *might* be getting mine :)
As in when did I sign up for the preorder? Hmmm, I'm not sure, I couldn't find the initial confirmation email. But I think, I was one of the first to sign up, first or second day it was available. I had originally signed up for the SGW, but ended up going for the vertigo. I can't wait to get my hands on my cloud!

t00fatt,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
As the Cloud has been getting more use, there was a smell noticed fro residue inside of the unit as well. However, the glass innards (as opposed to a whip) can be easily cleaned with a long Q tip and some solvent like isopropyl alcohol.

PS: In case I get banned at some point for voicing how Spideymon's harassment in chat is a major turn-off to forum members...It was nice knowing y'all. Please see my thread in the lounge if you wish to reply about the PS (or look in ABV...hopefully not... :( ).

Progress,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Hey Purpl3...
I'll try to get something up sometime soon. I strive for perfection just like team VXC!

Sounds good! And Mr Smoke no more, along with t00fatt, glad to hear that your Clouds are on the way!

I was just stalking :ninja: ehrm :ninja: browsing, the VXL website, and decided to brush up on the warranty info...Just a heads up for anyone with a cloud, and anyone getting one; keep the original "bomb-proof" packaging...I doubt (from what I've read) that anyone will ever have to send back their precious Cloud, but if you have to, you'll want the original packaging! From what I've seen here so far, one would be hard pressed to repackage the cloud as well as VXL themselves :p

...Then, take the Product, or deliver the Product freight prepaid, in either its original packaging or packaging affording an equal degree of protection, to VapeXhale (address will be provided when you are ready to send unit back to us). This warranty does not cover customer instruction, installation, set up adjustments or signal reception problems...

:shrug: I'm now also curious, is the cloud capable of receiving FM, XM, or even HDTV signals? :peace:

Purpl3_Haz3,

theVaporSpot

Retailer
Hey Guys, in response to you guys talking about test drives..
If near Los Angeles, The Vapor Spot has our initial test units now
and our 9pm Vapor Consultation would let you sample any of our vapes.
Cloud included! contact us for details...but FYI the Cloud has turned
into my personal unit and I kidnapped it from the vapor bar.
Its pretty bitchin...and quiet as a mouse...thanks JJ

hoyo77

The UPS man left a box at my door this morning, medium brown discreet packaging. Opened it up i was very impressed with the care that was taken in wrapping the unit. You could tell that the manufacture was proud of their device and they wanted to insure that it got to the end user safely and ready to be used. Box inside box with bubble wrap in between then the vaporizer was wrapped in bubble wrap as was the glass ware. very nice.
it is very rare, extremely rare when you get a device i mean any device that lives up to the hype that predicates it. This unit far exceeds the hype in my own demented opinion. i powered it on for 10 minutes. loaded the bowl and whoa nelley...thick milky clouds on the first try. i mean damn. cool milky vapor. man i almost wanted to sing hymnals, that is how good it was. i own several vaporizers. aromazap, vapor brothers, supreme vap I and II, vapir first model, evolutions VII, life saber. so i am by no means a novice. This thing is the TRUTH!!!. i was getting thick assed ole skool water bong type hits. i mean i was on my knees gaggin on the damn floor. the taste is so AMAZING. i know i am ranting but shit i am high as hell right now. glad i got mine i hope yall get yours so you can feel what i am feeling. only thing i will add to this unit is an upgraded glass piece. if any of u guys can recommend something i would greatly appreciate it. i want something just a little bigger than the hydra tube. something i can still hold in my hand.

willieR

Been here since 2009
Cristakes does no one have a discouraging word about this thing? Maybe I should become a vape dealer and sell 'em.

If that list is accurate, and I have no reason to doubt it whatsoever, that's a pretty good number of posters here

You know those friends that don't really smoke or vape too much that will tend to cough into the bong unexpectedly half way through milking it? They won't be hitting my cloud...

Is this a risk? Water into the device?

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Cristakes does no one have a discouraging word about this thing? Maybe I should become a vape dealer and sell 'em.

If that list is accurate, and I have no reason to doubt it whatsoever, that's a pretty good number of posters here

Is this a risk? Water into the device?

The list I posted, was compiled by me scrolling through about 40 pages of this cloud thread, and posting names of known beta-testers, and those who have posted reviews/videos/confirmed shippments...I'm pretty sure that the names I posted are correct, just not so sure I got them all. :p

As for water into the Cloud being an issue...Yes, and no; There is no reason why it should be an issue, as water would theoretically enter the glass tube, and pass through the other end of the cloud...but as stated before, water + electronics = potential damage/danger. The FAQ on the VapeXhale Labs site says:

Can you blow into a HydraTube?
Yes but we would prefer if you didn’t. While the electronics are completely separated from the vapor path, I would strongly advise against someone blowing into the HydraTube. While the Cloud was designed with durability in mind, in general, water and electronics do not mix.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think they are just saying that so customers will have even more respect to not blow in HTs. The Cloud is all-glass, if the glass breaks by temp shock, water can mix with electronics, but if the Cloud glass gets broken its unusable. If the glass doesn't break, it will work as powerful water flow heater. Very hot water leaving from bottom. Possibly making a lot of steam. If only a bit of water gets down, it could only soak to herbs and not reach the heater.

edit: So the glass can break easily, just two posts below. I'm so sorry for you Alaac81. Looking at that is tearing my soul. From this I am getting worried about how little can be enough to destroy the Cloud :(. Well, this can't happen with classic non-HT glass.

Alaac81

Alaac81,
Reactions: willieR

willieR

Been here since 2009
What happens if I fill the water too high in the HT? Same thing? Hopefully the glass inside is easy to replace yourself

willieR,

Stonebreaker6

Vulgar display of insouciance
This is a reminder to all cloud owners. Do not let your friends blow or cough into the hydratubes. This is what will happen.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd380/Alaac81/DSC02221.jpg
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd380/Alaac81/DSC02223.jpg

The glass inside the cloud is also cracked and is hard to capture with my camera. I'm pretty pissed and now I'm trying to get this resolved with the vapexhale support group.

Bummer! :uhoh: As good as the VXC guys are, I'd be very (VERY) surprised if they covered that under warranty. :(

Stonebreaker6,

Alaac81

What happens if I fill the water too high in the HT? Same thing? Hopefully the glass inside is easy to replace yourself

Yes if the tube is filled real high, water will drop through the joint if you take a pull. What I usually do is fill the tube with some water, take a couple of dry pulls and wait to see if water runs down through the joint. BTW I have the vertigo hydratube, but if you just fill the water right above the slits then you shouldn't have nothing to worry about. Personally, I like the chug pull so I tend to add more water above the slits.

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Ouch, I can't imagine how gutted you feel. You have my sympathy.

I wonder how many times we will see this happen? A few, I reckon. In this light I think mine will be for expert vaporists only, which in my house basically means just me!

WatTyler,
Top Bottom