Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Retrospects

Add me to the list as well. I got mine on Friday.

Mrs PoopMachine couldnt wait to test drive it so I loaded it up with some high grade and off she went. 10 minutes later she was downstairs staring at fractals on her laptop so I would say her test drive was a success. Later that night, we both got to test it out with some Chocolope and I have to say, the unit lives up to the hype.

Willie, you want something negative, Ill give it to you. The unit gets a little hotter than I expected to the touch. Its not overbearingly hot but its hotter than I thought it would be.

Other than that, Ive already relegated my SSV to backup status. Its packed up and put away.

Ive got a couple of reviews coming up that I really should have posted before now, just had to take a break from FC for a bit. Look for my Oracle and Magik Wand reviews in the next week or so and Ill probably do a full followup on the Cloud.

I do have to say tho, this unit does live up to the hype. Its very well made, works like gangbusters and is everything StoneMonkey has been touting for the last couple of years.

For those waiting for your unit, I dont know when I ordered but it was sometime in 2010.
I can definitely see where you're coming from on the heat thing, mine gets a little bit toasty as well. Nothing that isn't manageable, but like you said perhaps a little warmer than I was expecting. Still completely floored by the unit though and am consistently impressed by how effective it is. :)

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Purpl3 Haz3, you can add me to your running list of wildly ecstatic Cloud users. . . . .I think we all tend to get cynical during a product release as it so rarely meets the PR spin and we get so used to being disappointed by the reality, right? It's just a testament to SM55 and his team that after two years of waiting, and all of the hype generated while we waited, that they were ultimately able to deliver on all counts which is certainly the story behind all of the rabid praise!

I knew you were a cloud holder, but I also get you confused with Robot, given your similar usernames...So I assumed you were part of VXL :lol: Glad to read yet another great review/review update! I think you hit the nail on the head with the last paragraph in your post...The average product usually doesn't exceed the hype, let alone meet it, like the Cloud seems to be doing easily so far!

Add me to the list as well. I got mine on Friday. . . . .Willie, you want something negative, Ill give it to you. The unit gets a little hotter than I expected to the touch. Its not overbearingly hot but its hotter than I thought it would be.

I can definitely see where you're coming from on the heat thing, mine gets a little bit toasty as well. Nothing that isn't manageable, but like you said perhaps a little warmer than I was expecting. Still completely floored by the unit though and am consistently impressed by how effective it is. :)

For some users, the warmth of the unit might actually be a plus. IIRC when I was browsing through the forum a few months back, I read in the Toasty Top thread that a lot of users got relief from the warmth of the unit...mainly patients with pain their hands, such as those who suffer from arthritis. I don't know how warm/hot the Cloud gets on the outside, but IIRC the beta units exposed screws, on the side of the casing, were said to get extremely hot. I believe that VXL managed to get the casing to stay a little cooler in the production units Vs. the beta units...That being said, as long as the cloud doesn't get too hot for one to hold, this could be a plus for some ;)

@Giant Robot & PoopMachine, I'd add ya to the list, but I can no longer edit that post...But, I'm keeping the list going on my pc anyhow :p So you're on it :tup:

Edit* Shortened above quotes to save on space.

:peace:

NewSchoolExplorer

Speechless. Cant wait til email conformation to buy but it'll be a long time for me :(. Purpl3 Haz3 you could always post it on the last portion of your latest posts to keep everyone aware of the VXH crew :D)

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
I tried a couple of hits at 12 o'clock and it got pretty warm i must admit. Since my unit is at 9 am all of the time lately the temp has not been a problem for me.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I guess it's not insulated as well as the EQ?

Well, I hold my EQ when I vape (I shove it in the downstem of my vape Cloud style) and it never gets "hot." It does get a little warm...As far as insulation in the EQ goes, there isn't much. I took mine apart a few weeks ago, and its mostly air space. I would say that the EQ has 'less heat' to keep in, than the Cloud does. Yes, they both reach the temps that they reach, but the Cloud holds it's temp extremely well, while the EQ doesn't. There is a glass tube going the whole length of the Cloud, that is at temp due to being surrounded by a heating element. The EQ on the other hand, has a small ceramic element, that sits inside of a glass tube, that is a few inches long.

Retrospects

Also, the Cloud decreases in temperature as you move down the unit, closer to the base / air intake area. I had my unit on for ~40 minutes or so in the 12 o'clock position and even though the top of the unit near the glass joint was quite warm / almost hot, I was still able to comfortably hold the unit by the base and use it properly. :)

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Also, the Cloud decreases in temperature as you move down the unit, closer to the base / air intake area. I had my unit on for ~40 minutes or so in the 12 o'clock position and even though the top of the unit near the glass joint was quite warm / almost hot, I was still able to comfortably hold the unit by the base and use it properly. :)

Thanks for the info! I still don't see this being any issue for myself, or most users...But, would you (or any Cloud user) mind turning your unit up to the highest temperature setting, and vaping a ELB or two? Or at least hold the unit and maybe do some dry pulls if you don't want to vape your herb that hot. IIRC someone who got there cloud a while ago, posted a video of numerous successive hits at the max temp...Maybe they can chime in as to how hot the outside of the unit gets.

Purpl3_Haz3,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So guys with cloud maybe you can answer this question.

Lets say I take 0.2 at noon position, it should last about 20 minutes?
now if I'm to use it before work for 10 minutes , and stop - how well does it work after a re-warming up after work?

cheers guys

m0sh,

sunsett70

For those still waiting, I have no incentive to overembellish here. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of posts over the years as I've been mostly a lurker, but I'm still an enthusiast like the rest of you. When you consider that we now have a true GoG solution that moisturizes the vapor with efficiency and creates these great tasting, power packed clouds unlike anything I have yet experienced, I really don't know what there would be to criticize?

you're saying that the cloud is "the One" that will bring balance to the force? :/

Raf007

Retailer
I think the next time I have some friends over, I won't have them use the hydratube. I'll have them use my stemline so this way if they cough into it, the water won't go into the cloud.
I feel sorry for you , but at least it will save some Clouds from being drawned. I am receiving mine tomorrow and will make sure NOT to share the Cloud with its HT with many of my guests. Thank you for sharing !

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Wow Alaad81 Truly a harrowing story!!

THanks for sharing all of the details! I hope you are back in the clouds soon! :peace:

Bluntcrush,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I am thinking this week might be my time for an email! Probably not, but I am keeping a positive attitude. Be careful with your Clouds kids, it's a little alarming to see one bite the dust already...

vape4life

Banned for life
Well, I hold my EQ when I vape (I shove it in the downstem of my vape Cloud style) and it never gets "hot." It does get a little warm...As far as insulation in the EQ goes, there isn't much. I took mine apart a few weeks ago, and its mostly air space. I would say that the EQ has 'less heat' to keep in, than the Cloud does. Yes, they both reach the temps that they reach, but the Cloud holds it's temp extremely well, while the EQ doesn't. There is a glass tube going the whole length of the Cloud, that is at temp due to being surrounded by a heating element. The EQ on the other hand, has a small ceramic element, that sits inside of a glass tube, that is a few inches long.

Why do you say the EQ doesn't hold its temp well? From all my experiences with all versions of the E, is that it holds its temp extremely well (no pun intended), and even on the hardest of pulls could not really budge the temp. The Cloud on the other hand seems so go red quite quickly (from what i've seen in the vids) and appears that there is some slight wait time to get back to green.

vape4life,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
Why do you say the EQ doesn't hold its temp well? From all my experiences with all versions of the E, is that it holds its temp extremely well (no pun intended), and even on the hardest of pulls could not really budge the temp. The Cloud on the other hand seems so go red quite quickly (from what i've seen in the vids) and appears that there is some slight wait time to get back to green.
the only time i see a red light is when i turn it on or the timer goes off and it starts flashing red and green. I use a 18" stemless and I have never had a problem when I pull real hard of going red

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation

As the cloud goes red, the EQ does as well...The little red light on the front (that flickers and flashes always) indicates the heater running to raise/maintain the temp. Yes, the temp display usually stays at temp, but after several hard hits, I find I can't get the same vape as I can after letting the glass get all nice and hot again. If anything, I think the EQ will be more likely to say its at temp, when it could be warmer. Whereas the cloud, will indicate when it could be warmer, much sooner. More sensors? Better placement? Idk. All I know, is even though my EQ's temp display doesn't drop, the quality of hits does after quick successive rips.

BC, Thank you for the video with that piece! Really anxious to get my email!

Purpl3_Haz3,
Reactions: t00fatt

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
As the cloud goes red, the EQ does as well...The little red light on the front (that flickers and flashes always) indicates the heater running to raise/maintain the temp. Yes, the temp display usually stays at temp, but after several hard hits, I find I can't get the same vape as I can after letting the glass get all nice and hot again. If anything, I think the EQ will be more likely to say its at temp, when it could be warmer. Whereas the cloud, will indicate when it could be warmer, much sooner. More sensors? Better placement? Idk. All I know, is even though my EQ's temp display doesn't drop, the quality of hits does after quick successive rips.

BC, Thank you for the video with that piece! Really anxious to get my email!

Glad you liked the vid!

Sometimes you see a red light on the cloud because someone's hand has inadvertently brushed the knob and then the red blinks for a half a tick until it goes back to the dialed in temp. The EQ's temp display will not change with more consecutive hitters (and the red light continuously blinks to show that the heater is maintaining the (approximate) displayed temp) I think Jackstraw62's statement above is correct. The blinking red to green only shows up when the shut off timer has engaged and you need to turn the unit back on to get back up to temp...

Time for some more testing!! :D

Bluntcrush,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Glad you liked the vid!

Sometimes you see a red light on the cloud because someone's hand has inadvertently brushed the knob and then the red blinks for a half a tick until it goes back to the dialed in temp. The EQ's temp display will not change with more consecutive hitters (and the red light continuously blinks to show that the heater is maintaining the (approximate) displayed temp) I think Jackstraw62's statement above is correct. The blinking red to green only shows up when the shut off timer has engaged and you need to turn the unit back on to get back up to temp...

Time for some more testing!! :D

Yeah, it was nice :)

You got what I'm saying about the EQ. I hoped I had explained it clearly, but you and vape4life seemed to make sense of it :tup: When I hit my EQ, especially in a sesh with other patients, the red light usually stays solid throughout the bigger hits. The EQ seems to need to heat a lot to keep itself at temp...The Cloud OTOH appears to stay at temp a lot better.

Retrospects

Here ya go folks! A quick video with a couple of my glass pieces paired with the Cloud. Video and some pics of the glass are below. Enjoy! :D

qX9YQ.jpg

SgA4o.jpg

cDRE7.jpg

Ville23

Very nice BL4ZE & retrospects!
Do you like a certain piece more than the other or does the Cloud make every piece of glass that much better?!
Great stuff guys!

Are there any 2011 preorder Cloud's out there yet?!

Gettin' close to 4/20...hoping they're gonna ship a bunch of these babies out sooooon!

Ville23,
Top Bottom