Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

willieR

Been here since 2009
I'll be curious to see what the interest level is with this vape a year from now. There's an awful lot of pre-launch excitement, and that's fun, but this launch has been odd. You wouldn't see Apple launch anything this way. When I'm laying out several hundred dollars for a product I'd like to feel the company backing it was a little more solid. That's just me. Maybe in a year this vape will be the reigning king of vapes.

willieR,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
^^^ You wouldn't see Apple launch a product like this because Apple has billions in cash, has been around for decades, sells computers, and doesn't need to worry about being discreet. Not a great comparison. Relative to other recent vape launches I've seen, the VXC team have been great sports. Keep in mind the product here.

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
I really wish that VXC had the money and the ability to contract Foxconn to have millions of young asian's to make our Clouds in China in modern day industrial concentration camps, like Apple. :) We'd all have our clouds now! And when the sensors stop working in a year we could send them in for a great 300 dollar replacement!

I'd rather wait a year, get a quality product that isn't created at the expense of young people's lives. Too many suicides at Foxconn!

seriously though, that Apple comparison made my morning.

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I'll be curious to see what the interest level is with this vape a year from now. There's an awful lot of pre-launch excitement, and that's fun, but this launch has been odd. You wouldn't see Apple launch anything this way. When I'm laying out several hundred dollars for a product I'd like to feel the company backing it was a little more solid. That's just me. Maybe in a year this vape will be the reigning king of vapes.

I have a feeling that once everyone has their very own vxc, this thread will slow down a lot. People will give their reviews, others will say "way to go!", and others will talk about possible modifcations. It'll be just like the ha, and sv threads, once people have experienced them, they love 'em, and they work well and consistently, so there really isn't much left to talk about.

notmyrealUSERname,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I can definitely see the Cloud being the reigning king of vapes in a year.

It seems that the extended prelaunch was sloppy in many ways IMO. Things like the glitch that limits same packaging ordering still irks me (as it almost-certainly irks the VXC crew too).

However, these issues seem to have stemmed from an unwavering standard of perfection in the design/production of the Cloud, complicated by their effort to keep the public in the loop about every detail possible while navigating the start-up process as new business owners (which results in them juggling the responsibilities of resolving issues AND fielding inquiries about what is going on).

The approach of VX is unique, as is their product. Their approach IMO definitely created additional hassles for the VXC crew, but resulted in them having a great customer support structure in development, close relationships with a loyal consumer base (in addition to a revolutionary and superior design for the Cloud itself).

So, no, VapeXhale is not Apple, and the Cloud is not an I Pad. VXs approach did not seem to be the easiest route. How it will pay off?...time will tell, right?

I personally can't wait to see the unit be ready for instant purchase ( and then to see VX connecting with online resellers who can redistribute to walk-in stores). That will create income for R&D! :D

I retract my initial comment about the Cloud being king in a year...IMO the Cloud already is king!

Toke it easy and enjoy the Clouds. :cool:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . You wouldn't see Apple launch anything this way. When I'm laying out several hundred dollars for a product I'd like to feel the company backing it was a little more solid. That's just me. Maybe in a year this vape will be the reigning king of vapes.

Certainly not the Apple of today; that comparison is waaaaay, er, apples-to-oranges. More apropos would be comparing to the 1976 launch of the Apple1, which while a good idea wasn't even a complete product and was clearly inferior to the leaders at the time. That changed with the Apple II, but only thanks to $250K (~$1M today) in angel money.

I don't think VXC got such a lucky break, although SM has indicated that there were interested 3rd-parties which were rejected because of design strings that came with the funding. More power to them - they've done this mostly on their own nickel while moonlighting and very, very few start-ups like this are successful. Gotta give VXC a lot of credit for having the balls to stay the course. Of course, they still have a long way to go. They aren't "making a market" like Apple et al did, so they won't have the funding advantages of a demand explosion. Vaporizers are still a small market, and a crowded one at that. In a year? . . . definitely could be the premier product, but it will take longer to be king of the market hill; helluva lot more has to happen for that. But VXC certainly has proved that it has the potential.

For now, I'm happy to see them finally reaping the fruits of all their labors. Finally, some money coming in after all that's gone out, not to speak of the sweat equity. I hope they're celebrating. Because . . . now, the hard work really begins.

Stonebreaker6

Vulgar display of insouciance

Maybe I'm just a VXC fanboy (OK, I admit it: I am one) but let's not lose sight of the fact that Apple started out in someone's garage too.

I do the start-up thing here in NorCal for a living. And lemme tell you guys: bootstrapping (i.e., using no money but your own) a capital intensive business is no mean feat.

Lastly, this baby is designed and built in the US. It's nice to see legitimate innovation is still possible.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go check my email for the first of 20 times today...

:peace:

willieR

Been here since 2009
What a nerve I've hit! We can all have our opinions. I'm going to wait 12 months and get a good cross section of population. Having said that, If I had the opportunity to try one I'd maybe not be so slow to jumpin the pool, but I don't know anyone with a Cloud.

willieR,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Haha Willie its cool I just think the "huge corporation" vs "5 guys in their houses" comparison made a lot of us long time followers go "seriously!?"

That said I think you should feel pretty confident in this vaporizer from the cross-section of this community and how it has responded to the Cloud.

Almost every well known vaporist in the community that has tried numerous vaporizers and been using them for years (some for decades) have all marveled at the Cloud's efficiency, craftsmanship and ability to produce clouds! I think this is one Vape you can be truly happy knowing that you are getting a quality product, regardless of what you think about the manufacturer.

If you want an "Apple-style corporation" handling things, you get a Vi-Vape / Mi-Vape deal with vaporfection, lots of awesome pretty white logos and stylized websites (and from the untrained eye that launch didn't seem to go all too well.) If you want a company that is committed to providing the ultimate vaporizer (in their eyes) then you go with the Cloud. And from what I've seen they truly are committed to that, look at the old Cloud thread and the years of beta testing that went into this beauty.

max

Out to lunch
willieR said:
When I'm laying out several hundred dollars for a product I'd like to feel the company backing it was a little more solid.
When I'm spending $ on a expensive vape I want to know it's a quality product. I knew that before a production model had even been completed. I also want to know that the people behind the vape are honest and intend to provide good service. Since I've known sm for a few years now that's not a concern either. So I'm quite happy with the company that's backing the Cloud. I'd be more concerned if the company was your typical corporate entity, providing the typical product launch. That type of company is much more likely to be zeroed in on maximizing profits.

This is more than pre launch excitement. This is a vape living up to huge expectations due to both hype and a long delay to reach production. Members have been using their Clouds for over a month now, and I've yet to see anyone post about buyer's regret.

As for the title of 'king of vapes' or however you want to label it, no single vape will ever be proclaimed 'the best' by everyone. Some people are quite happy with a small log vape, and have no desire for a vape like the Cloud, the Volcano, or whatever. The Cloud could end up getting the most votes for best direct draw vape, but the forum motto 'there is no best vaporizer' still applies and probably always will, since vaping styles are so personal and subjective.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I woudn't want to be without my cloud for the next 12 months!

willie...I totally get your reservations, and they are warranted. but I gotta tell ya, after using both vapes for well over a year now, there is no comparison between the two. and you already know what I think of them compared from my post in another thread.

If my beta has held up perfectly for this long, then I feel pretty good about what the finished product will be able to deliver.

willieR

Been here since 2009
Anyone have a handle on how many people here on FC have been using the unit? 4? 5? Maybe it's a lot more.

It's true I have yet to read any concerns, and personally, I value opinions from those that have long vape experience with multiple vapes and more than a few posts.

willieR,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
More than 5 I am sure ;) My beta is also still kicking and the production model is fantastic. Very happy camper here. I understand the concerns but I feel very confident having watched to product development.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Anyone have a handle on how many people here on FC have been using the unit? 4? 5? Maybe it's a lot more.

It's true I have yet to read any concerns, and personally, I value opinions from those that have long vape experience with multiple vapes and more than a few posts.

I don't know about the number of beta testers; about a half-dozen or so (?). But the order number is now ~250, and the serial numbers are >800, so there's a good number in user's hands now and there will be a lot more soon. Of course, all these new users are limited to first impressions. That said, all the responses shared so far have been consistent with the unanimous high positives from the beta testers.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

willieR

Been here since 2009
Lo, you have one? Wouldn't it be so cool to be able to test drive these things? Like a home vape party. Better than Tupperware

willieR,

Lo

lol.. I've been saying for a few years now I can so see Vaperware parties... fuck Tupperware ROFL!!! If I was in a medicinal state... I'd be down.

willieR

Been here since 2009
Send me an invite! So Lo, you've had a Beta and a production? Am I reading that right?

willieR,

Lo

I've used with 18" and 12" tubes only. I prefer it with the Hydratubes actually. Even without ice or water it hits very smooth but with some hydration - you can choke yourself out not realizing how much you're taking in. Previously used SSV as my heavy hitter and the Cloud way out performs it IMHO. My SSV has been retired.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the following people, and many more have clouds now :-)

sweetdreams4.2.0
IAmKrazy2
jackstraw62
stickstones
Pappy
max
BL4ZE
medicated
Qapf
Lo
jimbo
green2brown
greystr0ke
hereatlast
lepstadder
Bluntcrush
momofthegoons
EonBlue

I swear I don't stalk this thread... :peace:

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Happy Friday Cloud Lovers!

We live in an old house. It was so funny because even if I hadn't vaped for a little while, you could walk thru the house and smell herb toasting in say, the upstairs bedroom or right when you would walk in the back door...The smell would just materialize :o from nowhere!
An interesting factoid I discovered should interest you guys and gals as well: Since I starting using The Cloud there is not a lot of "unwanted" odor present in the house! I had been using an EQ for the last couple of years. The cyclone bowl would always be percolating with a little bit of weed stuck in the bottom of it which would emit a slight smell to the trained nose. Also because the cloud does not require tubing, the odor associated with it is also not around. Pretty nice bonus overall!! I used to change my tubing every 10 days or so, but once used it has a lot of odor that kind of hangs around it...

Another bonus of using the cloud I just thought I'd share to make your Friday a little brighter! :tup:
I hope everyone finds themselves in the clouds soon!!!

Cheers everyone!!
:peace:

max

Out to lunch
That's an interesting plus with the odor issue. And if you can detect tubing smell from a distance your sniffer is better than mine.

Top Bottom