Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

vape4life

Banned for life
I suggest those without clouds create a separate thread to discuss order dates. It would help those with clouds from having to skim over posts and make it easier for those without clouds to discuss their pre-orders.

Not a bad idea, but only if we have a separate thread for all the off-topic posts too.

vape4life,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I get the feeling a lot of clouds are getting returned when nothing is wrong with them. Things like "I'm not getting the anticipated vapor production at a particular heat setting". There are a lot of variables that can come into play. Ambient temp, ambient humidity, product moisture level and other factors. I feel like some are finding flaws with their device that really don't exist?

Hotboxvapebongin

I tell everyone the same thing! No problems as of yet...It's interesting that a few of my friends are slowly rolling through with buds since they exclusively buy hash (wax,oil,etc.). All of them are blown away by the taste, it truly is second to none. From my experience I rarely come across wax that is as flavorful than a fresh ELB. The first rip of girl scout cookies or a sweet sour diesel are heavenly!

I suggest those without clouds create a separate thread to discuss order dates. It would help those with clouds from having to skim over posts and make it easier for those without clouds to discuss their pre-orders.

oh since now you got the cloud the whole thread needs to change? I bet you wouldn't have suggested that if you didn't have your cloud... just saying

THCMuscle

Last night I got to have a 3 person sesh with the cloud and really got to feel its full power.

When addjusted to 12oclock or less it seems the Cloud is extremely hard to get below temp. You'd need a full ELB, superman lungs and just drag that thing back-to-back-to-back-to-back to get it below operating temerature. I did just this, took repeated back to back hits and was unsucessful at inducing the red light.

The Cloud can fulfill any group session you throw at it. Got 15 people and 6 grams? Cake.

THCMuscle

I have a rockzap, which is similar. I can load a RZ stem's amount of herb into the ELB and get a decent couple clouds and get as ripped as I would had I vape it in the RZ. The Cloud works great for tiny amounts of herb as well, just expect 1-2 hits (large awesome hits)

mephisto

Well its great to be reading all the reviews, lots to learn. Now if only
the product would restock. No bad vibes intended, but my HA sounds
like it may continue to be my home unit. If the Cloud continues to be
so elusive....I will buy it and pass it along to someone who has none.....

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I get the feeling a lot of clouds are getting returned when nothing is wrong with them. Things like "I'm not getting the anticipated vapor production at a particular heat setting". There are a lot of variables that can come into play. Ambient temp, ambient humidity, product moisture level and other factors. I feel like some are finding flaws with their device that really don't exist?

Why?! My 1st defective Cloud was verfied by VXH as "not working properly". I'd like to know what "other factors" would make my LSV work great(regardless of ambient temp, and ambient humidity), but my Cloud puts out whisps. Reading some(It's not like hundreds of these are bad) others posts, they have/ are having some of the same issues I had with my Clouds. The temperatures in my house or garage have very minimal affect on how my LSV operates, never has been an issue. I don't buy that jibberish with the Cloud either. For me, my flowers are always same quality, so I figure if it works great in my Solo or LSV, this is not the issue with my Cloud.
Nice try, making those with problems seem as if we are a bunch of tools who don't know a problem from normal operating procedures. I'd love for you to go over my prior posts and point out what "flaws" I mentioned that dont exist.

Edit: not trying to turn this into a "this other vape is better than the Cloud", just pointing out I have other quality vapes working fine, right next to my Cloud.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: vape4life

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Mighty defensive there. I don't think I mentioned any usernames. :)
No, but you're saying you think those with issues are making them up, or finding flaws that dont exist.
Sorry I had to reply to tell you that you may be wrong. Doesn't matter to me if you called me out by name or not, or that I even thought you did, it's what you posted that made me reply.

Silver420Surfer,

sunsett70

yeah, to be fair. elmo said ".......some are finding flaws.....".

on the other hand, for a 'next generation vape' like the VXC, there shouldn't be any worry (i hope) about "Ambient temp, ambient humidity, product moisture level and other factors". it's not like most of us stay in sub-zero temp places'/scorching deserts or places with extreme temp. right? right? :uhoh:

sunsett70,
Reactions: vape4life

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
on the other hand, for a 'next generation vape' like the VXC, there shouldn't be any worry (i hope) about "Ambient temp, ambient humidity, product moisture level and other factors". it's not like most of us stay in sub-zero temp places'/scorching deserts or places with extreme temp. right? right? :uhoh:

Two words; Ice Fishing.

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
Does anyone have any suggestions about cleaning the unit? I understand you can soak the tube and ELBs in iso, but I'm not sure how to clean the unit. Maybe a really long q-tip would work if it was dipped in iso to swipe the glass path from the bottom while holding it vertically? Also, what about air dusters? It should be fine to air dust the metal parts, but I'm not so sure about the glass path.

I want to clean the vapor path, the metal encasing, and the plastic housing.

sublimationpurist,

THCMuscle

Does anyone have any suggestions about cleaning the unit? I understand you can soak the tube and ELBs in iso, but I'm not sure how I'm going to clean the unit. I was thinking a really long q-tip would work, and maybe I could dip it in iso and swipe the glass path from the bottom while holding it vertically? Also, what about air dusters? It should be fine to air dust the metal parts, but I'm not so sure about the glass path.

I want to clean the glass vapor path, the metal encasing, and the plastic housing.

SM55 posted the offical instructional video for the Cloud.

Wash your ELB's in ISO then bake to dry. (baking not required, just prefered)

Use ISO or simple green to clean glass

As far as cleaning the Cloud itself, you only need to worry about the area that the ELB contacts the glass (and apparently about 1/2" beyond that due to the vortices). I doubt you'll have any significant build up for quite some time, but if you do I'd swab/circle with an ISO soaked Qtip when the unit is COLD.

THCMuscle,

B.

War Criminal
I'm also really happy with how the cloud handles small amounts. I find about .05 or so to be the lower limit of what will give me a good hit or two, I like how quickly the whole hit puff up in vape. Kinda like when I drop a dab onto a nail. poof.

Speaking of concentrates

2012-04-26_14-19-10_645.jpg

This hit looked so tasty i had to get a pic. I put about .05 of some waxy BHO in between some cotton balls, nd turned my cloud to max and let it heat for a good 30 minutes to really get it hot(no not the BHO, the cloud, I only put the ELB in when I'm hitting it, then it comes right out). I often find that one or two primer pulls really help with my concentrates, at least to get them started. This pic was of my second rip off this load, which came right after the first, so it was already warmed up. On my first hit of the load I had to take a 10 second primer pull to heat it up, exhale real quick, and then take a hit that actually gets some vapor goin.Very clean taste. At least as good as any nail or skillet I've tried.

I always knew the cloud would be a dominant heavy hitter. I had no idea it would be able to keep up with my log vape and my ti nail.

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
SM55 posted the offical instructional video for the Cloud.

Wash your ELB's in ISO then bake to dry. (baking not required, just prefered)

Use ISO or simple green to clean glass

As far as cleaning the Cloud itself, you only need to worry about the area that the ELB contacts the glass (and apparently about 1/2" beyond that due to the vortices). I doubt you'll have any significant build up for quite some time, but if you do I'd swab/circle with an ISO soaked Qtip when the unit is COLD.
Thanks, I'll try cleaning the path that way. I also want to clean particulate that clings to the inside of the plastic housing and around the metal of the unit. Sometimes small particulate gets stuck to the outside of the ELB and ends up in the path, around the unit etc. It doesn't bother me but I want it 100% clean for now.

sublimationpurist,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Using a Fluke IR, I measured 126 degrees (the highest measured temp so far) on one of the top side screwheads with ambient air close to 80 degrees the other day. The Cloud was on for about two hours and set at noon. The opposite side is consistently 2 degrees cooler. I get good doses each and every time with no combustion whatsoever no matter what setting, so I do not believe my Cloud is running hot, fwiw.

I finally got around to taking some measurements with my RayTek IR (essentially same tool as the Fluke), and thought you all might be interested. It's good to remember than when an object becomes hot to the touch, differences of even a few degrees may be be noticeable. And of course each person's response to heat varies, often substantially. Also, the nature of some surfaces makes measurements oscillate, hence some are averages of multiple readings and potentially +/- a few degrees. Readings the same whether a fresh load or ABV in the bowl. Ambient 75F. All are in Fahrenheit. The bowls were half loaded. So . . .

Set on noon at 15 minutes:

Bottom casing, ~105. Top casing, ~110. Screws, ~2 higher. Joint OD, ~180. ELB top cap, ~150. ELB ID, ~150. Herb, ~135. Bottom of ELB, ~130.

Set on noon at 60+ minutes (max temp):

Bottom casing, ~115. Top casing, ~120. Screws, ~2 higher. Joint OD, ~200. ELB top cap, ~150. ELB ID, ~160. Herb, ~140. Bottom of ELB, ~130.

Consistent with MacRadish's readings is my top screw reading of ~122, and the left side being a few degrees hotter than the right. The joint, ELB, and herb measurements are interesting. The heat moves up the glass path getting the joint pretty hot. But the bottom & top of the ELB are much cooler and remain so, and 30-40 degrees dissipate between the joint and the interior of the ELB, accounting for the relatively low temp of the herb itself. I took a lot of measurements of the herb, at rest, stirring, removing, and the readings were consistently in the 130-140 range; this appears to be the approximate interior ELB temp. I have occasionally detected a slight passing aroma a few minutes after inserting a fresh ELB, which dissipates fairly soon; given the low interior ELB and herb temps, I presume this is from evaporation of plant moisture.

THCMuscle

I am quite surprised how easy it is to remove the ELB immediately after a hit. If you have any fingernail at all its easily pulled away from the Gong joint and cools very rapidly after being removed.

THCMuscle,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I finally got around to taking some measurements with my RayTek IR (essentially same tool as the Fluke), and thought you all might be interested. It's good to remember than when an object becomes hot to the touch, differences of even a few degrees may be be noticeable. And of course each person's response to heat varies, often substantially. Also, the nature of some surfaces makes measurements oscillate, hence some are averages of multiple readings and potentially +/- a few degrees. Readings the same whether a fresh load or ABV in the bowl. Ambient 75F. All are in Fahrenheit. The bowls were half loaded. So . . .

Set on noon at 15 minutes:

Bottom casing, ~105. Top casing, ~110. Screws, ~2 higher. Joint OD, ~180. ELB top cap, ~150. ELB ID, ~150. Herb, ~135. Bottom of ELB, ~130.

Set on noon at 60+ minutes (max temp):

Bottom casing, ~115. Top casing, ~120. Screws, ~2 higher. Joint OD, ~200. ELB top cap, ~150. ELB ID, ~160. Herb, ~140. Bottom of ELB, ~130.

Consistent with MacRadish's readings is my top screw reading of ~122, and the left side being a few degrees hotter than the right. The joint, ELB, and herb measurements are interesting. The heat moves up the glass path getting the joint pretty hot. But the bottom & top of the ELB are much cooler and remain so, and 30-40 degrees dissipate between the joint and the interior of the ELB, accounting for the relatively low temp of the herb itself. I took a lot of measurements of the herb, at rest, stirring, removing, and the readings were consistently in the 130-140 range; this appears to be the approximate interior ELB temp. I have occasionally detected a slight passing aroma a few minutes after inserting a fresh ELB, which dissipates fairly soon; given the low interior ELB and herb temps, I presume this is from evaporation of plant moisture.

Interesting results, Thanks for taking the time to investigate! One question, the part of your quote I bolded...which temp is it set too? noon or max? you say both :shrug: please forgive me if it's a dumb question on my part :)

Purpl3_Haz3,
Top Bottom