Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I was able to contribute during my lunch break at work today! I am now a Fanboy and I will have to start saving up for a HydraTube. I worked a long shift today and I'm about to reward myself with a Cloud session.

John Lewus

Nifty, but I do wonder about the point of the double turbine when all the water settles above the top turbine after a couple seconds. At that point it seems the bottom one is just adding drag, pretty much. Hopefully this just because he was drawing at "clear" speed for the 2 second demo? (Why are all the recent demo clips so extremely short, BTW?) Oh well, It does swirl appropriately fiercely.

I think this comment got overlooked. I watched that video and the turbines look hella cool but the water did all settle up at the top after just a couple seconds. How do you get it back down to the bottom? Functionality is important to me but this looks so cool.

John Lewus,

Fire Bad!

I'm not able to watch either one of the videos on instagram. The play button pops up then disappears and nothing happens lol. Anyone else having this problem? I can view other videos on instagram just fine.

I am not able to view the videos on my old mac as it asks me to login, but it works ok on my windows 7 pc? BL4ZE did you try to just click on the video? maybe try a different computer if available.

Sorry for any confusion ;)

Last edited:
Fire Bad!,

Vessel

This is one reason why . . . :cry::cry::cry:

brokenu.jpg

Didn't that belong to Mosh, I've been meaning to ask How exactly did that happen ? Was it on top of a another hydratube and broke with the pressure from a shifting of weight ?

After seeing the hydratube for the 500 hundred level I too am seriously thinking of adding another 250 to my trade in. Could any one tell me if the level of diffusion on the turbine would be similar to that of the in house hydra circ ?

I especially like the size of the can and and the small diameter bent neck, I imagine it would add to the flavor experience.

The video isn't long enough to show the water going back to the bottom, for those who missed that.. Remember

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Bruce Lee.

Last edited:
Vessel,
Reactions: ogcook

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Didn't that belong to Mosh, I've been meaning to ask How exactly did that happen ? Was it on top of a another hydratube and broke with the pressure from a shifting of weight
Yes it was a shifting of weight, the tubes were connected and that energy from the tap ended up in the joint . . . and broke it . . .

t-dub,

myla

Anvibian
Just signed up to be an early bird! Christmas comes early this year! Very excited!!!:D

myla,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i am so stoked.

it looks like early bird gets the dual turbine w/ maybe a little working and

the fanatic gets a circ to double turbine w/ a lot more working.

i believe we are all gonna be more than happy with whatever we get.

at $500 for the fanatic, that sucker is basically free and i'm betting way better than any of the other multiple perc pieces from before. my swagger double isn't gonna get much love from here on

treeman

Despite temptation I don't think I'm gonna' opt for the hydratube, I reckon I'd much prefer getting a cloudbuddy and using the EVO inverted on a bong with carbing possibilities (I like Carbing bongs). If the hydratube had a 18.8 Male joint on the top I don't think I'd be able to resist.
Awesome value on both pieces, especially considering the BETA tester benefits that come with being a fanatic! If I had cash that would have been very difficult not to buy into.
This campaign has in all senses been a great success, does that put pressure on VXL to be on time? (Still not expecting my EVO before December, gotta' play it safe in my mind)

treeman,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
so it does have a circ? I couldn't tell if it did or if its all turbines
I don't see a circ. I see double turbines.
well I hope someone can clarify if it will end up having a circ. I thought it was originally supposed to be a circ to turbine.

Both tubes have circs (of a sort, at least). Turbines don't work on their own, they just redirect vertical flow into radial flow. If there wasn't something mixing water into that air flow they're redirecting, there'd be nothing to see, so they require a traditional perc partner as a source of bubbles.

The Early Bird tube in the vid is a circ to double turbine with what looks like a 50mm can and skinny neck (but apparently with the option to have a fat straight neck with ice pinches). Its "circ" appears to be more of a slotted/perforated showerhead (no flare), though. Or it might even be completely open at the base, a sort of concentric "natty" perc, like the Mobius Zero Drag. I think I can see slits, but hard to be certain in the blurry vid as nested glass details don't photograph well.

The Fanatic tube in the vid is a circ to single turbine with what looks like a 60mm can, and a long, straight, worked neck (and apparently with the option of bent and skinny also). Its circ is very clear in the vid, right between the four outside marbles.

Both tubes are probably not 100% representative of what you'll actually get, though, as they're clearly prototypes. One has a big hole in the base with no GonG, and the other almost no hole in the bottom at all. :p

I watched that video and the turbines look hella cool but the water did all settle up at the top after just a couple seconds. How do you get it back down to the bottom?

The water is only trapped in the top by rising airflow. After you stop inhaling the water flows back on its own via gravity. You can see this just start to happen at the end of the vid, but they cut it off. Not sure why they like such super-short teasers all of a sudden. If they've gone to the trouble of busting out the camera and shooting a demo to edit and upload, keeping the "record" button pressed a few more seconds is basically no extra effort on top.

Didn't that belong to Mosh, I've been meaning to ask How exactly did that happen ? Was it on top of a another hydratube and broke with the pressure from a shifting of weight ?
Yes it was a shifting of weight, the tubes were connected and that energy from the tap ended up in the joint . . . and broke it . . .

Given the breakage happened in the base of a fixed Hydratube, I don't see how you could blame modularity for it, as that's basically the same as if it was resting on the Cloud directly. If there were modular chambers between the fixed tube and Cloud, they might experience torque magnification if either end of the chain was subjected to a lateral shock.

Well, unless the whole rickety mass tips over, I guess; then the stuff on top's got further to fall. I wouldn't want to stack more than like three chambers, tops, though.

The extra "slack" in a tall chain might also allow force magnification at crooked enough joints, but the Cloud uses a different taper on its output to most glass's inputs (including Hydratubes) anyway, so there will be joint slack even with just one tube connected. This approach protects against stuck joints but at the cost of increased vulnerability to knocks or falls while connected.

I actually suspect some sort of pre-existing weakness in that tube, though, as it's unusual for the thick, dewar female side of a connection to fail in favour of the skinny male joint (Or did that break too?).

Anyway, they're called Hydratubes. They shouldn't have a single, fixed tube. The Hydra was a multi-headed monster from Greek mythology that regrew heads as fast as heroes could sever them. Sounds like a modular Hydratube, right? They have multiple "head" options, and those heads can be easily replaced if broken.

Despite temptation I don't think I'm gonna' opt for the hydratube, I reckon I'd much prefer getting a cloudbuddy and using the EVO inverted on a bong with carbing possibilities (I like Carbing bongs). If the hydratube had a 18.8 Male joint on the top I don't think I'd be able to resist.

When you say "carbing", you mean pulling the plug on the Cloud Buddy? You're still removing a piece and breaking a GonG connection to clear, though, which isn't much different than lifting the bowl/hydratube/vape/whatever with a different setup. It did give me an idea, however; Maybe VXL could offer an 18mm male plug with a small (like 1/8-1/4") hole in the top, for people that want a thumb-covered, old-school carb.

I can't imagine a lot of people would want that functionalty, but there'd defintely be some, and it'd be a dirt cheap product to create and get out there.

Last edited:

ogcook

When you say "carbing", you mean pulling the plug on the Cloud Buddy? You're still removing a piece and breaking a GonG connection to clear, though, which isn't much different than lifting the bowl/hydratube/vape/whatever with a different setup. It did give me an idea, however; Maybe VXL could offer an 18mm male plug with a small (like 1/8-1/4") hole in the top, for people that want a thumb-covered, old-school carb.

I can't imagine a lot of people would want that functionalty, but there'd defintely be some, and it'd be a dirt cheap product to create and get out there.

It would be a bit awkward but you could get one of the cloud buddies and just use it on your cloud upside down.

mscm888

I really want the $500 LE tube but my OCD keeps telling me I lose the sweet "insiders" deal of a $250 EVO as my OG ticker is still a beast. Anyone can donate for the $500 EVO package.

But then I remind myself I paid $500 for my OG ticker with Evolver Circ barely a year ago...

Amazing what our minds can do to make things easier or harder depending on some obscure thought.

How much longer do I have to debate myself? lol

mscm888,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
prototypes. One has a big hole in the base with no GonG, and the other almost no hole in the bottom at all. :p

Exactly, just know that production versions of these will be more badass. We just wanted to show people a small glimpse...

re short video times - These are all limitations of Instagram. As you can see, I don't have access to these videos as they are straight from the glass factory via our buddy Eyesmoke. They are teasers and nothing more. Happy Saturday, I know I'm friggin pumped to see the needle move the way in the last 24 hours.

For whoever that donated already that has a IGG account, please log into your account and share your version of the shortened IGG link when you go to our page. That allows Indiegogo to track referrals, whoever gets the most referrals will get an additional StoneMonkey personal Hydratube.

My trackable IGG link looks like this - http://igg.me/at/vapexhale/x/3569338 (yours will have a different code at the end) but if you guys can get the word out that there is only 24 hours left to save $150 on your Cloud EVO before it gets released, we can see how close we get to unlocking the $150K price :)

Anonymouse

Sith I care
It would be a bit awkward but you could get one of the cloud buddies and just use it on your cloud upside down.

I meant as an accesory to the Cloud Buddy, as an alternative to the solid plug that has to be pulled out each time.

Anonymouse,

JoeKickass

I'm will waiting for him to come back and say "YES Joe! Those little opal marbles DO come on the $500 perk!"

Lol but I have a feeling I'll be in for $500 by the end of the day one way or another..

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Thumb over the opening instead of the plug?

Yeah, thumb carb instead of draw-plug, for those that prefer.

Actually, by varying thumb pressure/coverage, this would also allow you to mix air into your vapour in real time, so you could thin and thicken it at will as you draw. Ultimately not very useful but amusing anyway.

Bonus points for simultaneously thumb-carbing the Cloud's air intake also, like some sort of freestyling vapour deejay.

Last edited:
Anonymouse,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Anyway, they're called Hydratubes. They shouldn't have a single, fixed tube. The Hydra was a multi-headed monster from Greek mythology that regrew heads as fast as heroes could sever them. Sounds like a modular Hydratube, right? They have multiple "head" options, and those heads can be easily replaced if broken.
under Hydra in Wiki
See also[edit source | editbeta]

i agree, i am hoping they make a Cloud Buddy that has a shorter path, inverted and instead of the right angle coming out the side w/ another right and a plug, you would have a plug on a short path coming out at the right angle and stopping immediately. this would allow for easy carbing (you can use your thumb if you don't like the GonG stopper (as you can now).

this would allow you to have the cloud buddy function with your hydra tubes

Last edited:
Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: ogcook

John Lewus

These new pics of the hydratubes are just insane and I could not hold out anymore. This was a long hard decision for me that I had been thinking about since 2 months ago. I just upgraded myself to the early bird. I gave the Sublimator a good long consideration as well as the herbalizer but there is just no better value than this package right now. The original Cloud has made my life better and I expect this will improve it just a little bit more.

Thanks, xxxx! You raised the campaign total to: $119,461!

Top Bottom