Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Bungles

Vapeaholic
my cloud / hydracirc will be here waiting for me when i get off of work on friday:cool:

PUMPED :freak:

edit:
preordered 8/10/10 for anyone who is curious

B.

War Criminal
Day 2 - eyeballed .1, ground it up in my 2piece, loaded half, dial at 2 with my Vertigo HT. Got one big hit, taste not quite as good as the lower temp hits, but it was surprisingly thick. Well, relatively thick, of course, compared to a full bowl, but still awesome. At least on par with my MZ but way better taste. My SSV or HA (or when I had a MW or E) can't deliver a hit of this quality with such a small load in terms of taste or thickness. Took 2 or 3 more rips to ensure I got it all out, and while they weren't as thick as the first I still had a decent amount of vapor on exhale. Killed the other half in the same manner and I'm a happy camper :D I'm surprised by how the cloud handled the small load. I wasn't expecting the vapor to be nearly this thick with only .05.

At 2 I'm getting a light brown ABV after 3 or 4 pulls.

An hour after I'm still feelin good, but I can tell soon it'll be time for one more session before bed. I like to get my ABV to very light brown except for my last session of the day, I load a bigger load of the light brown at a higher temp, I've found this to be a nice bedtime buzz :)

vape4life

Banned for life
I want to see what you think of this. As far as I can tell, not much reporting here on efficiency like my PD test a while back. I'm interested to see how your results come out!

sticks have you tried small amounts to test efficiency yet?

vape4life,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I know this has been discussed before early on, but does anyone think that leaving the ELB in The Cloud for a few minutes in between hits toasts the bud without you hitting it? I have tried it both ways (have a couple hits, then pull out ELB or just leave it in and go back to it) and I can't really perceive a major difference...just looking for a general consensus here to what everyone else is doing. This is mainly when I am using it by myself, because when I am sharing you tend to just keep passing it back and forth until the load is spent...

Thanks in advance Cloud Folk!!

Bluntcrush,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
sticks have you tried small amounts to test efficiency yet?

Yes...I reported it ages ago when we were just beta testing...I think the post is in the old thread somewhere. Bottom line is I packed a PD bowl, blew it into the ELB and hit it with the Cloud. I got four hits similar to what I would have gotten from the pd with similar effect. My conclusion was that the Cloud can be used as efficiently as the user wants.

bluntcrush...I think any vape will do something to the herb if left in while on, but some more than others. I like to warm up my Cloud without the ELB in it simply so it doesn't smell up the room as much. However, I don't remove the ELB until I am completely done with it, so I don't think I lose anything in between those spread out hits.

Bluntcrush

^ Thanks Stickstones, you have confirmed my suspicions! That is what I do most of the time too, so I will keep on doing that...:tup:

Bluntcrush,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
^ Thanks Stickstones, you have confirmed my suspicions! That is what I do most of the time too, so I will keep on doing that...:tup:

fwiw . . . I pulled the ELB after fully heating at 12 o'clock and then after fully heated on max. The ELB gets very hot at the former and considerably more so at the latter, probably close to the temp of the glass joint that encases it. While that is quite hot, it's not remotely close to the air path heat of 400F and higher. The generally accepted temp for inducing skin damage is 140F. If the glass joint/ELB at rest were twice that, 280F, your skin would blister or worse immediately upon contact, so it is much less than that. Yet, the lowest boiling point of any compound in the herb is ~315F. It therefore seems extremely unlikely that the ELB is hot enough to be boiling off the herb. What is conceivable is a slow-cook effect ala a crock pot, where sustained heat at a lower temp ultimately produces the same result. So I would think that the effects of a few minutes would be non-existent, and even a short while would be virtually negligible, by which time the unit will have turned itself off.

Aren't you sorry you asked now? :D

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
I tried a small amount (.03) last night and got 4 good hits at 9 o'clock. My feeling is that if you want clouds at low temps letting the herb dry out and not restricting airflow is key. I stir the bowl usually after 4-5 hits and get one more good one. :):2c::tup:

jackstraw62,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
fwiw . . . I pulled the ELB after fully heating at 12 o'clock and then after fully heated on max. The ELB gets very hot at the former and considerably more so at the latter, probably close to the temp of the glass joint that encases it. While that is quite hot, it's not remotely close to the air path heat of 400F and higher. The generally accepted temp for inducing skin damage is 140F. If the glass joint/ELB at rest were twice that, 280F, your skin would blister or worse immediately upon contact, so it is much less than that. Yet, the lowest boiling point of any compound in the herb is ~315F. It therefore seems extremely unlikely that the ELB is hot enough to be boiling off the herb. What is conceivable is a slow-cook effect ala a crock pot, where sustained heat at a lower temp ultimately produces the same result. So I would think that the effects of a few minutes would be non-existent, and even a short while would be virtually negligible, by which time the unit will have turned itself off.

Aren't you sorry you asked now? :D

Class is in session!

BTW - gotta thank IloveBoobs for this awesome stashbox!

arf777

No longer dogless
and SM55 has to go and "like" this post!! wow! Anticipation mounting is right! hehehe :) lets hope that is SM's way of saying its not "too premature"
I pre ordered on 2/25/2011. Hope this all means there's a chance for order, maybe even arrival, by 420! Especially as I broke my VHW Heater Cover, AGAIN.

arf777,

vape4life

Banned for life
fwiw . . . I pulled the ELB after fully heating at 12 o'clock and then after fully heated on max. The ELB gets very hot at the former and considerably more so at the latter, probably close to the temp of the glass joint that encases it. Aren't you sorry you asked now? :D

But it was mentioned that the ELB is not uncomfortable to take out? How do you take it out when it's on max?

vape4life,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
But it was mentioned that the ELB is not uncomfortable to take out? How do you take it out when it's on max?

The ELBs have a fairly tight fit in the beginning and with time begin to loosen up as they get "trained" to fit into the male GonG joint. We made them tight because we found that as they get used more and more, the fit gets looser and looser and we wanted to make sure that even at its loosest, it wouldn't fall out on its own when the Cloud is inverted and used upside down.

stonemonkey55,

oldiebutgoodie

Quick question, FC'ers . . . I've just acquired my first bottle of Grunge-Off for cleaning my HT, having always just used iso in the past. I notice though in SM's instructional video that, while GO is used for the GT, iso is used for the ELB's. Is there a particular reason for that? So . . . will GO do the job on the ELB's or is iso better? (And, now that a number of us have a Cloud, does anyone see the need to do the oven thing?)

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

First, seems to me there will be very few using the Cloud set on max. I don't see where it's necessary with the Cloud, and may even be counter-productive as far as taste. But still, 3 o'clock is pretty hot. So . . . you use your fingernail. Well, I do anyway. As SM said, once it's trained it comes out easily enough. And interestingly, the heat dissipation from the ELB is remarkably quick - seconds.

Now, if you bite your nails down to the quick, you may need to find a workaround. Just for you vape4life, I found one: A credit card; just slip the edge under the ELB's lip and turn the card laterally, that will pry up the ELB. Voila! :)

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
First, seems to me there will be very few using the Cloud set on max. I don't see where it's necessary with the Cloud, and may even be counter-productive as far as taste. But still, 3 o'clock is pretty hot. So . . . you use your fingernail. Well, I do anyway. As SM said, once it's trained it comes out easily enough. And interestingly, the heat dissipation from the ELB is remarkably quick - seconds.

Now, if you bite your nails down to the quick, you may need to find a workaround. Just for you vape4life, I found one: A credit card; just slip the edge under the ELB's lip and turn the card laterally, that will pry up the ELB. Voila! :)
It has got to the point that I can pick out the elb with my fingertips. I use my fingernails to pry the lid off of the elb( My fingernails aren't very long but long enough it seems). I haven't soaked anything in alcohol. but the vertigo does need some cleaning nothing critical but maybe we could get a video of the cleaning procedure for the vertigo.:)

jackstraw62,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
One thing I have noticed, and maybe this is just perception but, when the HT does start to get dirty it seems to affect vapor performance a little bit.

Seems like after about 2 days worth of use the HT has a slight fog to it and some built up noticeable light brown residue collected at the inside top of the tree (Vertigo). My thought is that maybe as it builds up more of the new vapor is lost to condensation than with a freshly cleaned tube.

This morning I vaped some greens with an HT in the state described above (ELB pretty clean still) and didn't get quite as thick of hits as I'm used to. Then just a few minutes ago I cleaned the HT and loaded some more from the same grind into the same ELB at the same temp and got much tastier (obviously) and fuller hits throughout the bowl.

Luckily, the HT is remarkably easy to clean, IMO. Just dump a little salt and iso in the bottom, then plug and flip over and pour a little salt and iso into the top. Cover the top and give it a quick shaking (holding on _tight_), then rinse well. Sparkling clean every time - and the smell of the vape resin oils dissolving in the iso is somehow quite nice.

The only thing I need to find is a good, cheap 18 mm rubber plug to close up the bottom better during cleaning - paper towels/cotton balls soak up too much iso, and covering by hand is a little messy and seems risky. Wonder if the local headshops sell anything like this...

Anyone have any ideas on where to find an 18mm tapered rubber plug?

Edit - sorry, jackstraw. don't have a good video camera, otherwise I would make a video of my HT cleaning procedure.

Bluntcrush

One thing I have noticed, and maybe this is just perception but, when the HT does start to get dirty it seems to affect vapor performance a little bit.

Seems like after about 2 days worth of use the HT has a slight fog to it and some built up noticeable light brown residue collected at the inside top of the tree (Vertigo). My thought is that maybe as it builds up more of the new vapor is lost to condensation than with a freshly cleaned tube.

This morning I vaped some greens with an HT in the state described above (ELB pretty clean still) and didn't get quite as thick of hits as I'm used to. Then just a few minutes ago I cleaned the HT and loaded some more from the same grind into the same ELB at the same temp and got much tastier (obviously) and fuller hits throughout the bowl.

Luckily, the HT is remarkably easy to clean, IMO. Just dump a little salt and iso in the bottom, then plug and flip over and pour a little salt and iso into the top. Cover the top and give it a quick shaking (holding on _tight_), then rinse well. Sparkling clean every time - and the smell of the vape resin oils dissolving in the iso is somehow quite nice.

The only thing I need to find is a good, cheap 18 mm rubber plug to close up the bottom better during cleaning - paper towels/cotton balls soak up too much iso, and covering by hand is a little messy and seems risky. Wonder if the local headshops sell anything like this...

Edit - sorry, jackstraw. don't have a good video camera, otherwise I would make a video of my HT cleaning procedure.
ALT has glass plugs in both 14mm and 18mm. That's what I use...

Hope that helps!

Bluntcrush,

BossBrew

Metalhead

I don't know about the rubber plugs but I have been using a clear glass plug from Aqua Labs for all of my pieces and it has been awesome!

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/glas...ua-lab-tech-clear-cleaning-stopper-18-mm.html

Check them out!

:peace:

oldiebutgoodie

. . . The only thing I need to find is a good, cheap 18 mm rubber plug to close up the bottom better during cleaning . . .

A wine bottle cork won't do, like in the vid? I'll be using either a universal cork which is tapered to fit the mouth of any wine bottle. Or maybe better yet a rubber wine bottle stopper, I have an extra from a cheap kit that fits perfectly.

oldiebutgoodie,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
Don't think that a glass plug would work too well here. Needs to go into the bottom of the HT and stay in there even with the HT upright (and this joint pointing down). Rubber seems like it would be easier to push in and wedge securely into place.

I was thinking something like this, but that I could pick up somewhere locally...

http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/g-spot-rubber-stopper-joint-plug.html

Seems like it should be fairly easy to find something like this. Maybe a hardware or auto parts store even?

mongorian,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I find lots of cool things in kitchen/restaurant supply stores . . . scientific supply is also good but usually internet only. Sometimes the local university auctions off old lab equipment but its pretty used.

t-dub,
Top Bottom