Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

green2brown

Here is a vid to demonstrating just how fast it will change. The light may be green but that doesn't mean the cloud is up to vaping temperature.

Damn, like 20-30 seconds to max? Does it hit at all once it goes green? Or do you have to wait longer to get any vapor? Even if it only starts producing low temp vapor in that time, that'd be really impressive.

green2brown,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
OO and MGG...this will be my last post regarding this. If you still have questions you may pm me.

This thread has recently been used to hold vxl over a barrel in a tactic we call 'forum blackmail'. We now have two alternatives:

1 -- allow it to continue and watch the vxl team disappear from the forum; or
2 -- protect them from these allegations so they can stay.

We have chosen the latter for the good of the forum. The problem is, and you will have to acknowledge this for us to be on the same page, we have to be real sticklers to get rid of the problem. We had a rash of people showing up and posting for the first time just to bitch about vxl. Some of it was miscommunication and some of it was members trying to use this forum to their own advantage. But the only way to get it straightened out is to bring the wood hard and often until it changes...we're getting there. So, anyone who comes in here and is not a longstanding member and says that they want vxl to tell the truth this time is going to get corrected (for now) as that is questioning their integrity. We are going to err on the vxl side for a while as they recently got the short end of the stick on this thread and they need to know they are safe here, or we might lose their participation. [IMPORTANT: You don't have to agree with this current policy decision. You just need to know that it is in full effect so you don't unwittingly get caught in the crossfire.]

You guys can ask for all the clarification on policies you want, as long as it is done respectfully. As I understand it, they are setting up a euro distributor that should make it cheaper for you to get the Cloud than ordering from them directly. Was that point lost on you guys or am I wrong about it?

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Damn, like 20-30 seconds to max? Does it hit at all once it goes green? Or do you have to wait longer to get any vapor? Even if it only starts producing low temp vapor in that time, that'd be really impressive.

I could probably start hitting it at ~5 minutes; but I wait at least 10+ minutes so the heat is finely tuned. :spliff:

VaporEyes,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just wanted to add that the policy sticks just explained is not unique to VXL. Forum blackmail will be treated the same in any thread.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Here is a vid to demonstrating just how fast it will change. The light may be green but that doesn't mean the cloud is up to vaping temperature.

That sounds like how my old Cloud operated. Especially the 10 minute warmup. My Cloud Plus turns green when it is ready (approximately 3-4 minutes), and is producing the same amount of vapor as if I let it stay on for 30 minutes.

newVaper420,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
That sounds like how my old Cloud operated. Especially the 10 minute warmup. My Cloud Plus turns green when it is ready (approximately 3-4 minutes), and is producing the same amount of vapor as if I let it stay on for 30 minutes.

I do think this is a Cloud+ though. It shut off after 90 minutes of usage. Irregardless, having a longer warm up time allows me to think about how much I'm going to enjoy using the cloud!

Vessel

I am getting ready for my return

Does anyone know if the new cloud pluses will have the new cloud smell ?
I don't hear much about that, when I first got mine it took awhile to dissipate.

Because. ..
Your going home, your running free; as only you would be if you never owed them anything. And now you found your way out.

Vessel,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I am getting ready for my return

Does anyone know if the new cloud pluses will have the new cloud smell ?
I don't hear much about that, when I first got mine it took awhile to dissipate.

Because. ..
Your going home, your running free; as only you would be if you never owed them anything. And now you found your way out.

One of my units smelled really bad. This cloud plus I have gave off no noticeable odor to me.

newVaper420,
Reactions: Vessel
I do appreciate that the manufacturer may find it annoying to have to deal with some of the drama that comes along with having a presence on a public forum, but... It makes me wince when it's suggested that they're doing us some huge favor by maintaining a presence here. I can say this unequivocally and without hesitation: I would've never contemplated buying a single thing from this company without the community and support this forum represents.

I sincerely hope that VXL appreciates that keeping the forum a neutral place where people feel free to speak their minds is ultimately going to help drive future sales.

max

Out to lunch
I would've never contemplated buying a single thing from this company without the community and support this forum represents.
VXL got a big boost by starting out on the forum but they've paid for it with a lot of time spent here that they can't afford, with their current staffing limits. They no longer need the forum but they're still here. That should say something. OTOH they can't run a business and still keep up with all the questions presented here. FC isn't a customer service staging area for vape makers who post here. This has always been a problem, since the very first vape maker posted, and will continue to be an issue from now. But we will also continue to steer people straight to the company for their personal vape issues. In this case, Troi@vapexhale.com.

I sincerely hope that VXL appreciates that keeping the forum a neutral place where people feel free to speak their minds is ultimately going to help drive future sales.
Speaking your mind about a vape maker, especially one that's participating on the forum, is limited to what FC rules allow. If you're in doubt, check the rules page. We've had to deal with people who register and post just to blast a vape maker who 'did them wrong', those who become unhappy and want to do rabble rousing, shills sent by vape makers to pump their product, shills from other companies sent to sabotage the competition, as well as fans of other brands/models who just want to make their choices look better by slamming the competition.

VXL got a big boost by starting out on the forum but they've paid for it with a lot of time spent here that they can't afford, with their current staffing limits. They no longer need the forum but they're still here.
I know this is all a matter of opinion, and impossible to really qualify, but a question: When exactly do you think they turned the corner to "not really needing this forum"? Because I still see a fledgling company with no proper website or manufacturing. No doubt they're making great strides forward, but I would still feel alone in the wilderness owning a cloud without this forum.

mrboote,
Reactions: Vessel

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I know this is all a matter of opinion, and impossible to really qualify, but a question: When exactly do you think they turned the corner to "not really needing this forum"? Because I still see a fledgling company with no proper website or manufacturing. No doubt they're making great strides forward, but I would still feel alone in the wilderness owning a cloud without this forum.

Perhaps you haven't read the thread. They announced that their website is down because their server could not handle the load after the last Cannabis Cup. I can assure you that few of those people are already members of FC.

pakalolo,
Perhaps you haven't read the thread. They announced that their website is down because their server could not handle the load after the last Cannabis Cup. I can assure you that few of those people are already members of FC.
I do understand that their website is insufficient for their needs (quite typical for a fledgling business). That's exactly what I was saying. let me understand, you advised me to go back and re-read the thread so I can fully understand why this forum is not needed by them? :hmm:
Where else could I go to get any information about this company?

mrboote,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I do understand that their website is insufficient for their needs (quite typical for a fledgling business). That's exactly what I was saying. let me understand, you advised me to go back and re-read the thread so I can fully understand why this forum is not needed by them? :hmm:

I didn't advise you to read the thread, I surmised from your apparent lack of knowledge that perhaps you hadn't. The point I was making had nothing to do with their being a young company. I was referring to the fact (verified by VXL here in the past) that the majority of VXL customers are not members of FC, and the server overload simply means our percentage will shrink even more. I hope that clarifies things and we can move on to another discussion.

If you want information about VXL, the Googles are your friend.

b0

Cloudy...
As I understand it, they are setting up a euro distributor that should make it cheaper for you to get the Cloud than ordering from them directly. Was that point lost on you guys or am I wrong about it?

The problem here is that they promised something before having retailers or msrp and now because they have retailers, we who have been promised a price, have to pay full and have some credit that maybe we don't need. I don't think that's fair, because we where here suporting before the msrp stuff.

Can I order cheaper from an European retailer? Maybe, but what we want is the price they promised us, not being stuck with some credit cash that we can't even use in our first order (not even for adding some stuff like ELB's o other tube to my order) and will cost us more taxes in a second order. Makes no sense for me.

Ok, I guess my actual question will remain evaded. End of discussion.

FOR VXL STAFF: I hope that the mods here don't speak for your attitude about this forum. I was very impressed by the fact you cared enough to interact with the people here, and really present a human face for your company. I truly hope that monetary success doesn't translate into your business transforming into a cold cooperate entity. I do fully realize that the majority of cloud owners will never register, but you will never know exactly how much benefit this forum provides to your customer base, since you can access the entire forum without ever registering. Not to mention information shared here first is no doubt trickling to other forums as well. After your own website, and a few youtube vids, fuckcombustion is the first hit google provides. Things may change, but as it stands this forum is the largest, most comprehensive source for support and information about your product, I hope that you guys see the value in that.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I have no idea if this is correct or not, but will it cost significantly less in shipping and/or customs to order from a euro distributor vs from a company in california?

stickstones,

Hoops

Well, Cloud down as of about 15 minutes ago. Purchased in Oct, now it just flashes pretty lights and does not heat up. It was fine yesterday.

Warranty portal is down, so I just opened a ticket and will wait on a reply. Good thing I just put the Minivap on order.

Hoops,

Hoops

I landed on the LSV for me

hehe, yeah, that's the next one for me I think. I will be hard pressed to find anything that I will like as much as the Cloud.....but I'll do my best for the next four weeks or so.

Hoops,

max

Out to lunch
It depends on what kind of info you want/need. VXL has won 2 or 3 'best of' awards and a lot of people who don't know FC exists and don't use forums, got to try the vape out. Using the vape is similar to the deal where a picture is worth a thousand words. Lots of word of mouth advertising from that. Dopefiend.co.uk podcasts as well. Tons of vape fans have discovered the Cloud without forum assistance.

I was very impressed by the fact you cared enough to interact with the people here, and really present a human face for your company. I truly hope that monetary success doesn't translate into your business transforming into a cold cooperate entity.
If you'd really searched sm's posts you'd have found that he's just a vape fan who soaked up info here and at marijuana.com and bought most of the models on the market searching for the model with all the features he likes best. Since nothing really did it all for him, he decided to design his own. He didn't jump straight from a vape fan to a manufacturer, but all his experience did come on his own time, while making a living like most of us. Some of us on staff have known him for years and consider him a friend. He asked for our advice and views while designing the product and procedures, as he did with others he knows and respects.

I truly hope that monetary success doesn't translate into your business transforming into a cold cooperate entity.
As he's stated here, that hasn't, and won't happen. However, you can't run a business that produces vapes on an assembly line (as in high volume) when you haven't even shed your day job yet, and have a limited staff, while still tending a forum thread and trying to be friendly and personal with every member who does business with you. They've been forced to back off the forum to an extent, and firm up policies and procedures so that all customers get the same service. They've also had a lot of various problems, not uncommon to a new business, especially one building a product that's different from existing products in the same market. As of March 7th, they were forced to yank their business from the manufacturer they were using, because they weren't following directions properly and had also dumped VXL from an assembly line that they'd rather dedicate to a major company's internet router. So it's hard to pay attention to forum issues when you're building vapes by hand, trying to meet demand driven by Cannabis Cup wins. You can't please everyone and sometimes you have to make tough decisions in order to survive and prosper.

So yes, stonemonkey is a good guy, and one of us forum freaks at heart. But right now he's trying to pay attention to the big picture, so that later on VXL is rolling, rather than struggling with startup issues after they're no longer a startup. There's a time and a place for everything, and right now is not the time for sm or anyone associated with the company to concentrate on FC issues. As I've stated, we'll continue to steer individual issues with the product to the company, and not this thread. And anyone wanting to complain about the way they're doing business, or suggest how to do it better from their viewpoint, can do so here, but only once. We have to make tough decisions too, since we can't please everyone either.

I never once presumed to try and say that the company should spend more of their time here, I have no idea where you are getting that from.

I will still maintain that this forum had, has, and will continue to have, a tangible value to this company. It's really odd to me that I'm having this conversation with staff from the site. YES YOUR LITTLE FORUM IS IMPORTANT :lol:

And yes I fully realize my thought process is unique and opinion matters not at all. But I would've been a lot more hesitant to buy if this level of bias was present from the start in this thread.

mrboote,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Today has been fraught with medical peril . . . thank goodness for StoneMonkey, he absolutely saved my day when this showed up :) Feels like Christmas time all over again . . . :D

inline1.jpg

---
inline2.jpg

---
inline3.jpg

---
inline4.jpg

---
inline5.jpg

---
inline6.jpg

Top Bottom