Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Tyler Durden

That's awesome, I can't even believe I never thought about an 18mm downstem. I wonder if the resin/honey oil would be an issue running down on to the joint.

Tyler Durden,

Tyler Durden

MacRadish, that's perfect!! Thanks!

EDIT: Found coupon code for 10% off, but the $20+ shipping makes this pricey, but still worth it probably.

Tyler Durden,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Those are some cool suggestions for a mouthpiece style attachment for the Cloud. I was thinking about grabbing something like that myself for non-moisture conditioned vapor hits. The best option I had found thus far is this:

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/glass-accessories/aqua-lab-tech-clear-j-hook-adapter-18-mm.html

I like the fact that it has a bit of a curve in it, so it should help to catch some particulate matter/resin so that it doesn't all end up in your mouth.

I also quite like the one MacRadish has linked above. That seems like it would be more comfortable to use than the one offered by ALT.

partially veiled,
Reactions: skyline

MacRadish

I also quite like the one MacRadish has linked above. That seems like it would be more comfortable to use than the one offered by ALT.

Either or, depends on where the Cloud is in relation to your mouth I suppose. For instance, I first used an inverted GVG so a somewhat inebriated neighbor didn't have to touch my HT, it worked well and I continued to use it. That was when my Cloud had a home on a dining room type table on my rear deck. Sitting at that table the Cloud is a lot higher up and a horizontal mouthpiece like the GVG worked well. Moving the Cloud to the living room coffee table however put it a lot lower and the bubbler mouthpiece being vertical works better. It's a 'to each his own' type of thing I guess.

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
I couldn't agree more MacRadish, it's really a matter of context: a variety of attachments for a variety of uses would likely be best. I was attracted to the ALT adapter for much the same reason you found the GVG to work well. That is, I do most of my vaping at a relatively tall writing desk, which is next to my computer desk, and I thought that with the horizontal adapter it would easily sit on the top of the Cloud and be right at the perfect level for me to sip on it without having to stand, bend, hold the Cloud, etc. However if you wanted to hold the Cloud while you were hitting it, or were using it on a lower surface, then an adapter in the style of the one you posted would likely work much better.

As far as cleaning goes, I am having a lot of luck with pool/spa chemicals right now. MPS dissolves everything, yes its dangerous, I'm using a super concentrated solution with short dwell time, use at own risk, knowledge of handling acids, bases and oxidizers required . . . but it works and shouldn't fatigue the glass appreciably in my remaining lifetime.

t-dub isn't MPS the same stuff that is active in OxiClean? I might be off the mark on that one as I haven't done the research recently, but if so (or even if not, I suppose) I can also vouch that OxiClean works very, very well for cleaning up scummy glass. The only issue is that it makes everything exceedingly slippery so you really need to use a full measure of care when cleaning glass with it.

EDIT: I just did some quick research and proved myself wrong. I was indeed well off the mark with the OxiClean comment. However I can still vouch that OxiClean does dissolve caked on resin spectacularly.

partially veiled,

Tyler Durden

There was a really cool looking one that a member took from their glass piece in this thread, but I can't find it for the life of me. But macradish's is pretty close.

Tyler Durden,
Found this on a site someone linked in here the other day. It doesn't come with a bowl/slide, just the glass piece. the site advertises it as a "Sherlock style accessories. Make your bowl or ash catcher into a pipe or bubbler with this attachment. Bowls sold separately." I see it as a cloud mouthpiece :) It can be found at the bottom of this page.

Alternatively, I have been using a broken downstem, per someones suggestion in this thread. I don't use it as much as my HydraCirc, but I like the occasional dry hit. I have a broken 18mm downstem, that I just stick on the Clouds GONG joint, and get some really concentrated tasty vapor!

The site I linked above also has a "free downstem" link where for the cost of shipping, you can get a free downstem, any size, etc. http://glassblowersdirect.com/free-downstem/
I posted this in this thread not to long ago. If you look closely I utilized the j-hook just used it upside down. And you can use it with or without the water attachment :)

0b1c8e85.jpg

VapeNStone,

Dabowski

So what type of hash is ok to use within the cloud. I did some nice finger hash mixed with grinded buds and it seemed to work fine. I have yet to try a full finger hash bowl or BHO, but I assume BHO would not be good because of claim that may be left over and melt through after the hit. Is finger hash fine? Any others safe?

Dabowski,

SD_haze

For those of you who have used the cloud with a lot of different glass, do you prefer using it in a piece with a dewar joint, or a vertical stemless side-car joint?

Here's an example of each, the lev & PV bubbler
ClE85.png

29uvk35.jpg

SD_haze,
Reactions: Jmiknuk

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have never tried a dewar joint. I always kind of felt like they weaker... not sure where I get that feeling from. I have no proof to back up that statement. I am always holing on to my vaporizer and the pieces, so I don't worry about it tipping over. I have never really thought about it, but I like the other kind of joint better. All my bubblers are that kind of joint. I should consider getting a dewer joint bubbler as a basis for comparison.

Slightly Medicated,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
yeah, I am going by my limited experience w/ the DG mini can, it was a little "tippy" with the cloud on it, so it made me a little nervous. I'm about to trade it for a mobius ion dewar style matrix bub. See if I like that better than the mini can.

**so the first day I got the Cloud, after each full milky hit I took, I either said out loud, or thought "Oh My Gawd" "WOW"or "Jeeeeeeezus!!" , that still happens today after several weeks of use! I can't say that about any other vape I've ever used.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

trm11

ran into a small problem today, I was hitting my GC 10 arm bub with the cloud with some girls over. The girls had a very hard time getting a hit off of the bubbler and we had to switch back to the HT. The reason this might be is because the connection isn't 100% air tight so I was thinking of buying an adapter. Does anyone know where I can buy a straight up adapter for the piece? Would a carbon adapter seal the connection more?

trm11,

SD_haze

ran into a small problem today, I was hitting my GC 10 arm bub with the cloud with some girls over. The girls had a very hard time getting a hit off of the bubbler and we had to switch back to the HT. The reason this might be is because the connection isn't 100% air tight so I was thinking of buying an adapter. Does anyone know where I can buy a straight up adapter for the piece? Would a carbon adapter seal the connection more?
You can easily test if the cloud is making a 100% seal by closing up the bottom intake hole with your hand, and then trying to breathe through the piece. If its making a seal, you won't be able to get 1 bubble through.

SD_haze,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
But air is expansible/compressible. You could probably break the Cloud doing this test wrong. You can get few bubbles through, every bubble will make it harder as underpressure will develop in the Cloud part. And then when you stop pulling, water could get into Cloud as the undepressure will suck air back from top. I would release the finger before stopping pullin to prevent this. Or try it without water, that is safest.

Seek,
Reactions: SD_haze

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I count the bad quality as a teaser. Damn effective teaser. I didn't even notice any visual difference from circ.

Seek,

dirtpie

I think there will be a little play in any joint with the Cloud. Didn't the VX team decide to have the joint on the Cloud shaved down a bit?

Plus joints of different brands tend not to make a perfect seal. I have a really neat piece from Sandsmith. He used a really odd 14mm joint on it and the slide that came with it is the only one that fits.

dirtpie,
Reactions: Kief

white russian

not had any international requests in a while........so i'm curious to find out how the testing is going with that........some news please, pretty please with a cherry on top?

white russian,
Top Bottom