Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Jurassic

Oh man, the website was down for "maintenance" for a while this afternoon. Got all excited hoping new stuff (individual HTs by themselves in particular...hint, hint :nod:) would appear...but I guess it really was maintenave since the store remains the same :(

Yeah i'm suprised there is no stock at all, but i'm guessing something is going to give soon, and we'll all be pretty happy!

Jurassic,

skyline

Yeah definitely. I know what you mean. I'm sorta trained to hear the difference in the ticking! LOL!

Edit: Today I noticed my cloud joint has started becoming yellow (I forgot to clean it for a bit), and when it was heating up I noticed a smell. I think it was the smell of very used vapor, but it was faint until i put my nose up to the joint. I did my rips and everything was fine. LED was fine. Has anyone else noticed this when their Cloud gets dirty? Thanks

Mine gets yellow after just one session with Chamomile. Before my break, I remember a faint smell from the joint after a few uses. I think its bound to happen, some of the vapor will just condense on the joint no biggie. Just swab it with a Q-tip and you'll be fine! I also think it's possible that after a lot of heavy use in the long term, some vapor might condense past the joint and deeper into the tube, especially if you were to leave your ELB in the joint a lot while it's hot. This is why I'd Iso soak the entire Cloud tube every half year or so.

skyline,

skyline

^ Stu:

It's pretty simple and it is safe, provided you are careful with where you pour your Iso. It's safe because the glass tube in the Cloud has no openings other than the male joint and the orifice at the bottom. Just plug up the male joint of your Cloud, and flip it upside down on a cup that has a diameter small enough to hold your Cloud up on it's edges. Then, carefully fill your Clouds glass tube with Iso all the way up (it might be easier for those without steady hands to use a funnel or syringe). Leave it to soak in a safe place where nothing could knock it over overnight. Then you should empty out the Iso and let your Cloud dry all day the next day before turning it on just to be safe. (in case you spilled a little Iso in the crack between the tube and the housing, this will ensure the internals of your Cloud are completely dry). I should also mention its best to use 97-99% Iso if possible - it'll clean your tube better and it will dry off much quicker.

skyline

No problem, Stu. I think the fact that the entire airpath of this vape can be easily cleaned by Iso soak makes the Cloud even more awesome! :)

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I would love to travel more... but I worry about being away from my MMJ. I don't leave this state much because of that. :ugh: I am looking forward to reciprocity so I can travel to other states.

Yesterday I thought I had an issue with my cloud... It was not milking even though it was hot. I soon realized I forgot to put the ELB in. I have never had that happen before.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . It's safe because the glass tube in the Cloud has no openings other than the male joint and the orifice at the bottom . . . Then you should empty out the Iso and let your Cloud dry all day the next day before turning it on just to be safe in case you spilled a little Iso in the crack between the tube and the housing, this will ensure the internals of your Cloud are completely dry. I should also mention its best to use 97-99% Iso if possible - it'll clean your tube better and it will dry off much quicker.

There are 2 orifices, not just 1; they form the center section heat chamber. A liquid poured in will probably leave behind moisture in this section when emptied. Adds emphasis to the importance of thoroughly draining and drying the unit before reuse.

Also, IMO it's also very important to avoid spilling any liquid into that crack. Immediately above it, behind the switch, is where the circuit board is located. The eprom is directly in that path only ~1". These might not be damaged, but I wouldn't want to bet the the Cloud on it.

Do we have any feedback from VXL about this cleaning procedure? It's conceivable that there could be a warranty issue if the user erred.

SM or Troi?

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
There are 2 orifices, not just 1; they form the center section heat chamber. A liquid poured in will probably leave behind moisture when emptied. Adds emphasis to the importance of thoroughly draining and drying the unit before reuse.

Also, IMO it's also very important to avoid spilling any liquid into that crack. Immediately above it, behind the switch, is where the circuit board is located. The eprom is directly in that path only ~1". These might not be damaged, but I wouldn't want to bet the the Cloud on it.

Do we have any feedback from VXL about this cleaning procedure? It's conceivable that there could be a warranty issue if the user erred.

SM or Troi?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe the rings where the glass pass through is 'reduced' would be considered orifices. IIRC an orifice would be the openings on the ends...

Purpl3_Haz3,

max

Out to lunch
skyline said:
I should also mention its best to use 97-99% Iso if possible - it'll clean your tube better and it will dry off much quicker.
91% or even 70% ISO is fine IMO. In decades of cleaning hardware with ISO, I've never seen any significant difference between available dilutions, aside from a slightly longer drying time for 70%. Above 91%, it's harder to find and that plus the higher cost make it a waste of time IMO.

max,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
oldiebutgoodie,

Jurassic

IIRC, VXL has not commented on the cleaning procedure, and I do think there could be some serious warranty issues by "user error". Although I respect VXL for their accomplishments and transparency, and fully understand that they can't answer every question on here, but many go unanswered such as the botanicals, and they give bits and pieces here and there but then nothing comes of it. Am I incorrect that there was supposed to be a "new" website weeks ago? Also wasn't there supposed to be some "big news" a little while back too, or was that the Evolver HT's? Maybe they would prefer to answer these certain questions through PM's, who knows.

Max, IME I have noticed a significantly improved performance in cleaning with 70% iso vs 99%. Here in Canada at Costco we have access to 99% for a really good price, that's what I use.

Jurassic,

Espo

So since I am shopping for a good "at home" vape, the Cloud is a contendor for sure. I am confused about them since their website doesn't give any discriptions about the 4 different cloud packages.

Which package comes with the glass piece? (all of them?)
What is the difference between the 4 packages:
-Vertigo HydraTree
-Evolver HydraTree
-ShowerDome
-Evolver HydraCirc

Sorry if this was all covered in this thread, but these threads are all so freaking long, I dont have time to go and read every pages of every vaporizer I am 'shopping'. Also VapeXhale's site doesn't give enough info as to which Cloud comes with what accessories and what the differences is between the packages.
Thanks guys!

Espo,
Reactions: NewVape

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
So since I am shopping for a good "at home" vape, the Cloud is a contendor for sure. I am confused about them since their website doesn't give any discriptions about the 4 different cloud packages.

Which package comes with the glass piece? (all of them?)
What is the difference between the 4 packages:
-Vertigo HydraTree
-Evolver HydraTree
-ShowerDome
-Evolver HydraCirc

Sorry if this was all covered in this thread, but these threads are all so freaking long, I dont have time to go and read every pages of every vaporizer I am 'shopping'. Also VapeXhale's site doesn't give enough info as to which Cloud comes with what accessories and what the differences is between the packages.
Thanks guys!

Every package comes with a Cloud and hydratube, you just order when the particular hydratube package you want is in stock. You cannot buy a Cloud without a hydratube, for now. The Evolver packages have been the ones in stock lately I think

JDSupreme,

max

Out to lunch
I dont have time to go and read every pages of every vaporizer I am 'shopping'.
So we should do all your work for you? We have a search tool. Hydratree and Showerdome are terms that will get you the posts you need for the differences. The Evolver circ is basically a showerdome. All kits include a hydra tube.

Jurassic said:
Max, IME I have noticed a significantly improved performance in cleaning with 70% iso vs 99%. Here in Canada at Costco we have access to 99% for a really good price, that's what I use.
As stated, I haven't noticed any worthwhile difference, and I don't live in Canada. 70-91% is what I find affordable, effective, and on the shelf.

You say you understand that VXL can't answer every question, but then you complain about just that. They owe us nothing. They've benefited from being here, but so have members. Like most vape companies, they don't have the resources to be at our beck and call. They attend to questions and complaints on the forum better than most, so I'd suggest being thankful for that.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Thanks guys!

Wow, no time. You are going to seriously miss out on all the tips, tricks and experience everyone has. I sat and read threw this entire thread, most of Extreme Q and most of the WISPR. IF you want to get the Vaporizer for your money, I would say do your due diligence and make sure you know what your getting before you order, otherwise you'll come here saying no one told you.

Now, in terms of your question, yes they are all HydraTubes and the Cloud comes with one. It depends on your personal preference, whether you like Tree Perc or Circle percs, and what designer you want (Evolver, VXL, or Vertigo). Or more realistically, which ones are in stock.

According to members on the forum, the difference is only noticeable by true glass connoisseurs. But I can't vouch for that, as I only have the HydraTree.

newVaper420,

Marvc

Hey do you guys see those white specks on the glass? Those appeared after took a few hits from the cloud. I also saw some on my hydratube while cleaning it one time. Anyone know what they are?

Thx

305b9fc2ec573efc1056aefa96f7b23a.jpg

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Hey do you guys see those white specks on the glass? Those appeared after took a few hits from the cloud. I also saw some on my hydratube while cleaning it one time. Anyone know what they are?

Thx

Yeah, I think it's condensed THC, but don't quote me on that. I've noticed it all along my HydraTree tubes, and at one point it even made it all the way to the top of my HydraTree. But I am not sure.

newVaper420,

Espo

Every package comes with a Cloud and hydratube, you just order when the particular hydratube package you want is in stock. You cannot buy a Cloud without a hydratube, for now. The Evolver packages have been the ones in stock lately I think

Thank you!
Okay, so each package comes with a glass 'hydratube' and I guess the different package names refers to the different style of 'hydratubes'?

So we should do all your work for you? We have a search tool. Hydratree and Showerdome are terms that will get you the posts you need for the differences. The Evolver circ is basically a showerdome. All kits include a hydra tube.

Well I'm not asking anyone to do any 'work', just asking someone who understands these packages to explain the differences, shouldn't be hard. I did search and I still can't get answers to my question: "What is the difference between the 4 Cloud packages"
I've been answering the same questions over in the Pax forum because I understand how hard it is to look through 80+ pages.

And to take it one step further, if VapeXhale would have descriptions on their page, and/or some info about the different packages, then it would eliminate confusion and emails to their customer service.

Espo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Marvc: Do you use distilled water? If not maybe that's the cause. It doesn't look much like condensed vapor, but residue from hard water. I get these spots too (I don't use distilled, i know i should). It's easily cleanable. Bit of ISO can clean it immediately, hot water maybe too.

Seek,
Top Bottom