Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

what 'hour' on the dial are you vaping at?

did you try to revape the abv at higher temp to get it darker, if so, did it get noticeably darker? how would you compare the abv to another vape you own?

do you consider it a good thing that your abv is still green after a session?

can you answer the same questions i asked vns please?

very cool vid btw!

can you define "charred" for me please?
yes I revape if it is still green. I would compare it's efficiency with the best of the best. I can make a bowl taste great and last quite a long time. I am loving the cloud!

VapeNStone,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
This is a very interesting unit, I just watched some of the instructional videos on how to use this device. Seems like it would work great with a wooden tube, whats you all thoughts?

Ed's TnT,

zmurder

Dang news travels slow in Mississippi (JK I'm from Arkansas). I'm sure there'd be a market for a wooden tube (your Solo stems are beautiful) but most people are gonna be all about the glass.

zmurder,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
How bout some Dixie bro! I have seen it around for a while even went by the booth at the last Champs show I think. Thanks for the kind words Zm, I know alota folks wont try anything other than glass but wood adds an essence you cant get any other way. Just a thought it all, whats the female end gotta be in measurement to slide over the male?

edited to add: Wood take s fall a hellova lot better than glass!

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: zmurder
2 1/2"w x 3"d.

Thanks for the measurements OBG.

How bout some Dixie bro! I have seen it around for a while even went by the booth at the last Champs show I think. Thanks for the kind words Zm, I know alota folks wont try anything other than glass but wood adds an essence you cant get any other way. Just a thought it all, whats the female end gotta be in measurement to slide over the male?

edited to add: Wood take s fall a hellova lot better than glass!

Nice to see someone else from the South on here Ed! A wooden stem for the Cloud sounds interesting, but damn that thing would be a heavy hitter. I'd like to see what you could come up with though.

nugghuffer,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thanks for the measurements OBG.

Nice to see someone else from the South on here Ed! A wooden stem for the Cloud sounds interesting, but damn that thing would be a heavy hitter. I'd like to see what you could come up with though.

Thanks for the interest nugg, I still combust quite a bit, I run my solo at 5-7 and love thick clouds, like to cough feel like I really it really gets a hold of me when I am choked. Whats those measurement of the 2 1/2"w x 3"d? Seems like that thing has a 14mm male poking out the top, is that right?

Ed's TnT,

mwahle1

Well, I just finished reading this entire thread (took me a couple weeks). I did pre-order the Cloud a few days ago; fortunately, I do not mind waiting.

mwahle1,
Thanks for the interest nugg, I still combust quite a bit, I run my solo at 5-7 and love thick clouds, like to cough feel like I really it really gets a hold of me when I am choked. Whats those measurement of the 2 1/2"w x 3"d? Seems like that thing has a 14mm male poking out the top, is that right?

Those are the measurements of the Cloud, I'm just trying to plan out the space in my Pelican when my unit arrives. And the GonG male joint is 18mm.

nugghuffer,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hmm 18mm is rather large isnt, that is almost 3/4" at .71, how far does it protrude from the unit up?

Ed's TnT,

phased

v is for vapor
question for other Cloud owners: does the main glass tube inside the unit stay flush against the bottom of the enclosure, or does it protrude a little (and if it does stick out, how far)?

I know this came up once before many months ago but can't recall the answer and can't seem to find a pic that shows what the bottom of the unit should look like.

phased,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
This is a very interesting unit, I just watched some of the instructional videos on how to use this device. Seems like it would work great with a wooden tube, whats you all thoughts?

Hey Ed. It might be worth a try. I think allot of people will end up using water filtration for this device. To be honest I don't think it would be as useful as the stem for the Solo. How do you think you would design it? Would it be similar to the Solo stem? It might be a popular option for poeple who want to lounge around and toke on their unit. I think I would use it from time to time.

Would you make the part that goes over the 18mm adapter all wood or would it has some metal like the Solo? I think you could get away with all wood. I think wood would do better moving across the ground glass joint repetitively then a metal part would (like on the solo)

Hmm 18mm is rather large isnt, that is almost 3/4" at .71, how far does it protrude from the unit up?

Mine is 18mm and it sticks up about 1 1/8th inches from the base of the unit. Do others stick up roughly the same distance?

Slightly Medicated,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hey Ed. It might be worth a try. I think allot of people will end up using water filtration for this device. To be honest I don't think it would be as useful as the stem for the Solo. How do you think you would design it? Would it be similar to the Solo stem? It might be a popular option for poeple who want to lounge around and toke on their unit. I think I would use it from time to time.

Would you make the part that goes over the 18mm adapter all wood or would it has some metal like the Solo? I think you could get away with all wood. I think wood would do better moving across the ground glass joint repetitively then a metal part would (like on the solo)

Mine is 18mm and it sticks up about 1 1/8th inches from the base of the unit. Do others stick up roughly the same distance?

I was thinking all wood maybe about 4" length. Thanks for the input SM! I think folks may want an alternative to glass sometimes, I know I would!

Ed's TnT,

Dabowski

Maybe it's the potency of your herb? I've found ~15% medicine is good for about 4 20 second hits at the noon position, ~20% gets me 7 on average, ~25% gets me around 9, ~30% hits about 13, and this 88% concentrate I've yet to find the end. It's been a long journey of a couple days now. I've actually counted hits on those qualities a few times each. So they're decent 'standards' I guess? :) But yeah, that was just my thinking.

Anyone else using oil in their cloud? Are we sure the screen is fine enough for this and will not leak through as claim? I am diffidently waiting on StoneMonkey for a response before I try it.

Dabowski,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I was thinking all wood maybe about 4" length. Thanks for the input SM! I think folks may want an alternative to glass sometimes, I know I would!

That sounds like a solid concept. I think all wood would be safer against the glass joint. I also think it saves you some time, cost, and energy having to attach the metal parts to the wood.

Will it be 4 inches from the top of the GonG joint or from the bottom of the GonG joint? I would consider making it 5 inches long instead of 4. The extra inch would be a good to help cool it even further. Not sure if the extra inch throws a wrench in to your production though. Who knows you might get 8 inch blocks of wood that you split in half.

I do not think you should make a shorty version of the stem. I think the vapor would be too hot for it to be pleasurable... I could be wrong though. I also think I might be a bit of a wuss when it comes to dry heat from vapor. Some poeple might like a short stem, but personally it would irritate my throat to much.

I do think one of your stems would look beautiful sitting on top of the unit.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

The unit body is 6.5"h. The ground glass joint is 7/8". The glass shaft that the joint is fused to, extends up from the body ~1/8", making for ~1" in glass above the body and a total height of ~7".

question for other Cloud owners: does the main glass tube inside the unit stay flush against the bottom of the enclosure, or does it protrude a little (and if it does stick out, how far)?

The glass shaft is actually three pieces (lower intake, heat chamber, joint) fused into one. At the bottom there is a flared lip that extends ~1/8" below the unit body, leaving ~1/8"-1/4" clearance to the bottom (standing) edge of the shell.

IIRC there is ~1/8" variation in the placement of the glass shaft relative to the unit body, i.e., the lower lip of the glass shaft may protrude from the unit body a tad lower than above and correspondingly the joint may be a tad closer to the top of the unit body.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
That sounds like a solid concept. I think all wood would be safer against the glass joint. I also think it saves you some time, cost, and energy having to attach the metal parts to the wood.

Will it be 4 inches from the top of the GonG joint or from the bottom of the GonG joint? I would consider making it 5 inches long instead of 4. The extra inch would be a good to help cool it even further. Not sure if the extra inch throws a wrench in to your production though. Who knows you might get 8 inch blocks of wood that you split in half.

I do not think you should make a shorty version of the stem. I think the vapor would be too hot for it to be pleasurable... I could be wrong though. I also think I might be a bit of a wuss when it comes to dry heat from vapor. Some poeple might like a short stem, but personally it would irritate my throat to much.

I do think one of your stems would look beautiful sitting on top of the unit.

I feel ya, think I may try and make a 4" this week if things slow down a little. I need to get a 18mm glass male for a custom fit, also need to look into the right size bit. I am gonna give it some more thought and definitely sleep on it.

Would anyone else out there see a wooden vapor stem being useful with the Cloud?

Ed's TnT,

natural farmer

MHO is that there is no reason for the Cloud's vapor to be hotter than any other vape through a wooden stem... On the contrary, I thought it could achieve better extraction from lower temps. If you control how much herb you put in that ELB, I believe it would be the best vape to match with a wooden stem. Something tells me that the Cloud through a wooden stem would be much more enjoyable than a Solo let's say with one...
Go for it Ed, I believe it will be a success! :science: Slowly sipping on a Cloud, yeah baby...

natural farmer,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

SD_haze

Hey VXC thread,

Has anyone spent the money to test drive the vapexhale cloud @ "The Vapor Spot" in Los Angeles?

I think its like, $10 to have an hour with the cloud (bringing your own medicine). Definitely no one I know in SD has a cloud so I'm thinking a drive up north is worth it before plopping down half a grand on a vape ;)

Vapor spot used to post here, but they haven't in like 2-3 months.

SD_haze,
Reactions: ili

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Hey VXC thread,
Has anyone spent the money to test drive the vapexhale cloud @ "The Vapor Spot" in Los Angeles?

Interesting concept. I don't think we have any lounges here in Washington. It would be worth the trip I guess. It gives you a since of what the performance is like, right?

The other option is to just order it... but on the small chance you hate it, you would be really upset that you did not go to try it out first.

Slightly Medicated,

natural farmer

Hey VXC thread,

I think its like, $10 to have an hour with the cloud (bringing your own medicine). Definitely no one I know in SD has a cloud so I'm thinking a drive up north is worth it before plopping down half a grand on a vape ;)

Vapor spot used to post here, but they haven't in like 2-3 months.

They don't post anymore because some fun-boys over the Thermovape camp bashed them for their not so favourable review of it... :2c: I know he (VS) didn't use with the best possible technic but again... :rolleyes:

natural farmer,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur

What would you coat it in to prevent resin stains?

These are the only wood pipes I've seen that I'd consider. Made by a wood worker named ganja time, all hand cared inlays.

18639_251003695758_199125210758_3852620_1817809_n.jpg

newbbbubbb001.jpg

buby015.jpg

Top Bottom