Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
No everytime I touch the dial it takes 20 minutes of heating just to get back to green.
Mine did this. I spoke with StoneMonkey about it and he said that it is most likely just a problem with the LED, but he wanted to replace it for me anyway, so I sent it in for a replacement.

I suggest opening up a ticket.

:peace:

MacRadish

No everytime I touch the dial it takes 20 minutes of heating just to get back to green.

My unit goes back green immediately with any small change in the dial setting. My brother's unit does not. It acts like vapenstones does.

When I tried my brothers, I thought the unit was getting way too hot as I tasted burnt popcorn on the 2nd draw at the noon position. I get no such flavors with my unit even at the highest setting. When I contacted VXL support to report the hot unit I also described the light taking a lot longer to go back green from any small dial change. Bryan replied with:
"I know that there has been a difference in the firmware of how the light reacts to temperature changes, but the performance is usually the same."

So, I wrote off the light pattern being different as not a symptom of a failed unit. I am assuming the newer firmware is not giving more juice during the red blinking and that the red blinking is just that, if it was already at temp then it probably still is. I'm sure we'll hear more details from VXL regarding the light pattern.

MacRadish,
Yea cause mine will be at green then I just nudge the dial and it takes forever for it to get back to green even though it was just literally green. I figured something was up, but wasn't sure because how awesome this thing works when it is green. I filed a support ticket, I'll await what they say.

VapeNStone,

MacRadish

As Bryan says "performance is usually the same". If you are getting like 4 nice doses from a loosely packed ELB around the noon position and the ABV is consistent in color, the performance would be there, IMO. My brother's failed that test. After two draws there were bits of blackened ABV along with green, not to mention the taste of burnt popcorn.

MacRadish,
As Bryan says "performance is usually the same". If you are getting like 4 nice doses from a loosely packed ELB around the noon position and the ABV is consistent in color, the performance would be there, IMO. My brother's failed that test. After two draws there were bits of blackened ABV along with green, not to mention the taste of burnt popcorn.
Mine is the same. I had to turn it down from the 12 position because it was darkening my herbs unevenly. I'm running it at like 10 now and it isn't much different. If I pull to slowly at 12 it will darken my herbs to almost black.

VapeNStone,

MacRadish

Yours and my brothers Cloud sound identical on how they are failing...I turned his down way low and still thought it was running way too hot just by the amount of vapor production as compared to my unit at the same setting.

MacRadish,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Got the Cloud my associate Raf007 is not using that much, to make my own opinion and proper review of this "bad boy"! Will report soon!

FLskwat,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I just realized that I have not even turned mine away from 12 yet. I guess mine is working fine on 12 then if it never even occurred to me to try a different setting. I only get one big hit, and sometimes one smaller ABV tasting hit per ELB. It comes out looking like light roast folders coffee grounds. The very top layer is the lightest... but that is true with any convection style vaporizer that I have tried so far.

What is the auto-shut off timer on this thing? I can't figure out how long it goes before it starts flashing red/green. Sometimes it seems like it takes 30 minutes. Sometimes it seems like it takes 45. Is it just my imagination or doe sit vary?

Mine make the little rattle noise when it is heating up. I like the noise... it reminds me of a space heater I used to have as a kid.

I did an ELB full of Keif last night before I did some leaning. I was going to be doing lots of bending over and picking up stuff. That can kill my back. Well dang does this vaporizer work well with Keif. All that was left was a tiny little clump of brown material. I was surprised how most of it just vaporized away. Never really just vaporized Keif before. I always made sandwiches of flowers/keif/flowers

I have an Epick from EpicVapes I use mine every time to pill the boll off. I do kind of worry about the longevity of pushing the metal Epick in between the ELB and the glass part of the Cloud. I think in the long run though it is a minor risk.

I found the best tool to clear out the ELB when you are finished. I use the rounded/curved end of one of my dabber tools. It looks like this but it is not this brand: The curved in on the right fits in and scoops stuff out of the ELB really well.

IMG_2918.jpg

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: ilovebOObs

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Question 1: rattling continous sound of the heater is normal????
I mean it gets green, then it stops, then every 15 sec. it get this REALLY annoying sound for 5 sec. (heater re heating to reach temp level I suppose)... Do all the clouds have that or it is mine that has a "defect"?

Question 2: ELB out after each hit????? Cause I see a little vapor coming out if I leave it, meaning the weed is percolating as the heat goes up naturally... this is a little annoying as a "each hit routine" isn't it?

FLskwat,

weedemon

enthusiast
sorry it bothers you m8 :( i hardly notice it anymore. I have usually got some background noise going on anyways.

do you know the artist david meshow? He's a french Canadian dude check him out on youtube! hope it's your kind of music :)

I get probaby 4-6 hits on the 10:30 setting, hten i empty the elb out regrind it into dust, and go again at 12 o clock. I get anther 2-6 hits. i don't think it's a quality issue with you, but low quality herbs will obviously get pooched a lot faster than bomb herbs

weedemon,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
thats normal. vaping a few more bowls should help with the sounds :D
:tup: I'm not sure about that though...I'm a 100% sativa guy, and my strains will make me focus on little sounds like that one!
What about my 2nd question on the ELB usage? you all take out after each hit?

FLskwat,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
sorry sorry tickticktick ...f****ng annoying if you ask me... I can hear it at 5 M. with no other sounds in my living room!

Funny just a few posts earlier I comment on how I find it comforting:

...Mine make the little rattle noise when it is heating up. I like the noise... it reminds me of a space heater I used to have as a kid.

To Each Their Own. :cheers:

Slightly Medicated,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I get probaby 4-6 hits on the 10:30 setting, hten i empty the elb out regrind it into dust, and go again at 12 o clock. I get anther 2-6 hits. i don't think it's a quality issue with you, but low quality herbs will obviously get pooched a lot faster than bomb herbs
No weedemon it's vaping a lot, no quality problems here, I confirm... Just a user concern: do you leave the ELB in there between hits or do you take it out after each hit, cause I can see vape escaping when I leave the ELB in the cloud between hits!

FLskwat,

weedemon

enthusiast
depends if im gonna hit it again in the next 2 min i leave it in. if im hitting it casually I will take it out.

IT has an incredible ability to stink my house to high heaven just being on with the bowl being in the cloud. it slowly vapes it away when on stand by.

that said i Have forgot it was in there. gone over the hour mark. turned it back on and hit ti. it still produces clouds. so it didn't waste it all! but I am sure there is some waste going on.

what temp are you rocking it on?

weedemon,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
IT has an incredible ability to stink my house to high heaven just being on with the bowl being in the cloud.

I wonder if that is why my partner was confused about the smell he was smelling. He wandered in to my vaporizing area, and said he smelled something in the front part of the house. He thought I left something on or running. I had no idea what it could have been... until now. I think it was the resins built up in the ELB from use sitting in the warm glass stem as it cooled down. It was hot enough to give off odor.

Thanks weedemon! Mystery Solved. :tup:

Slightly Medicated,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
OK now click click click stopped and this thing is blinking continously red/red/green/green/red even if I push it to max temp...no noise, no change in the led pattern?

I have to click the off button and then back on to have the noise again and the normal led pattern...

EDIT: AUTO SHOT OFF/STANDBY, RIGHT? :D My bad!!!

FLskwat,
Reactions: weedemon
Top Bottom