Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

pngwyn

LOL
My buddy got a stemline from a shop it was marked at an absurd $375, he got it for $300 OTD. I still think $300 was a rip off for a plane jane stemline. But hey, it's his money, not mine.
The only glass out there that is more overly hyped than SG is AK.

Not absurd at all. In fact your buddy can resell that for at least $350 probably. SG holds it's value like crazy, if I ever decide to sell any of my SG pieces I can do so with very minimal loss. Show me what other glass holds it's value like SG? Why does it hold it's value? Because it's quality and can last a lifetime. You can spend your money on Toyota, I'll spend it on Mercedes, as long as we're happy, right? :)

Anyways you seem to already have deep rooted opinions so there's no point in continuing that discussion :) SG trees being put into hydratubes, does that not make the hydratube SG? The unique part in each HT is the perc, or am I mistaken? I'm pretty sure a tree perc Hydratube made by Steve would not be much different. It's a matter of semantics at this point..

pngwyn,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
So your hitting your pieces filled with salty vegetable juice? How exactly does this keep resin from building up? Also seems like it would taste real bad. I'll stick to Britta/bottled water

Tea Party,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
yeah i bought 2 and didn't bother with the discount since i think its an awesome deal already :)
I picked up 2 of these as well, but I ordered before the free shipping announcement from Andy.

I just got my 2 epik's in the mail and guess what? Andy reversed out the $10 shipping charge even though I purchased them before his announcement. I didn't complain to him, or even email him about it... he just discounted it on his own. You get two big Jesus-sized thumbs up from me, Andy! :tup::tup: Thank you!
mss5c.jpg

:peace:

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
Not absurd at all. In fact your buddy can resell that for at least $350 probably. SG holds it's value like crazy, if I ever decide to sell any of my SG pieces I can do so with very minimal loss. Show me what other glass holds it's value like SG? Why does it hold it's value? Because it's quality and can last a lifetime.

Anyways you seem to already have deep rooted opinions so there's no point in continuing that discussion :) SG trees being put into hydratubes, does that not make the hydratube SG? The unique part in each HT is the perc, or am I mistaken?

lol Maybe on a select few sites but the majority of the people who i know that smoke don't go on glass sites. Also I've yet to see a used stemline sell for that much. The same friend had the base of his stem line shatter. Just because it is made by SG doesn't mean it is indestructible. Hell you could have a thin china tube last for ever if you take care of it.

AK glass holds it's value and appreciates more than SG.

SG holds it's value because it is over hyped not because of how strong it may be.

Yeah I have deep rooted opinions formed from years of collecting high end glass.

Gridded trees, gridded anything for that matter is no longer unique to SG. It hasn't been in years.

Tea Party,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
So your hitting your pieces filled with salty vegetable juice? How exactly does this keep resin from building up? Also seems like it would taste real bad. I'll stick to Britta/bottled water
Sure don't even try it lol . . . is that the best you can do? Ask the inventor if you want to know how it works, his name is Adam Isreal and his company is 420Science . . .

t-dub,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
well i figured since you're so sold on this product you could at least explain how salt and fruit juice will prevent resin build up.

Tea Party,

pngwyn

lol Maybe on a select few sites but the majority of the people who i know that smoke don't go on glass sites. Also I've yet to see a used stemline sell for that much. The same friend had the base of his stem line shatter. Just because it is made by SG doesn't mean it is indestructible. Hell you could have a thin china tube last for ever if you take care of it.

Uhh plenty of used stemlines sell for that price. Maybe on a select few sites? How about the main glass trading forum on the net (BM)? I never claimed SG is indestructible, but just because your friend broke his base doesn't really mean anything. Glass breaks if you aren't careful with it. However he broke that base I'm sure he woulda broke it using other glass doing the same thing.

AK glass holds it's value and appreciates more than SG.

So now we're comparing scientific glassblower with one that focuses on heady? K...

SG holds it's value because it is over hyped not because of how strong it may be.

Uhh ok, where is the source for this accusation? All SG pieces are built like tanks, 100% consistent, with super thick glass and perfect welds. You said in your first paragraph that you have no experience in stemlines holding their value, but then give reason to why SG holds its value :huh:

Gridded trees, gridded anything for that matter is no longer unique to SG. It hasn't been in years

Yet in function they still are one of the best. Opinion, but I'll stick to it 100%. Oh well this is getting way too off topic to be on the Cloud thread sorry I'll stop.

pngwyn,

luchiano

I completely disagree with everything you just said. After using my DG my lungs are now no longer the limiting factor when I medicate, mainly for pain (which takes larger doses) . . . and the flavors are actually enhanced, you just need to pay attention.

I don't understand how the DG helped with all the filtration. Can you explain to me how they added filtration and slits added to just water and a few slits/holes of diffusion and a small air pathway compared to a larger one?.

The flavors are enhanced in a sense because they are moistened and can attach easily to your tongue but again I don't understand how having a whole bunch of filtration enhances when it's taking a lot away. This is not an argument I just really want to understand because I don't experience this.

BTW, you get more of an effect when you divide your doses up instead of all at once because again we are dealing with vapor and body chemistry. When you take the vapor in slowly you absorb more of the given dose and give your body time to metabolize all of the cannabinoids and over time make more receptors whereas when you take it all in at once and get a rush that rush is adrenaline which will over time lower your receptors which means higher tolerance and more needed for the effect BUT this is good if you do it in the day and do some type of exercise to sweat out the metabolites and at night divide your doses up and take it in more slowly which will keep everything growing instead of becoming weaker.

luchiano,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I'm giving my subjective opinions after owning one for a while. A fritted disc is like a glass sponge and has more of a "washing" effect on the gasses going through a medium, pure and simple. I am letting taste be my guide, which is subjective, but during the inhale, if you pass vapor out your nose and really sample it for the flavors, almost chew it to a degree, that is what I am doing to try and understand this.

t-dub,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
"Can you explain to me how they added filtration and slits added to just water and a few slits/holes of diffusion and a small air pathway compared to a larger one?"
Can we explain what?
:hmm:

I'm not gonna say that the added diffusion adds taste, that'd have to be a subjective determination, but I know the more diffused my vapor hit is, the more comfortable it is on my lungs, and therefore I can hold it in longer, and just be more satisfied with the vaping experience.

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
Uhh plenty of used stemlines sell for that price. Maybe on a select few sites? How about the main glass trading forum on the net (BM)? I never claimed SG is indestructible, but just because your friend broke his base doesn't really mean anything. Glass breaks if you aren't careful with it. However he broke that base I'm sure he woulda broke it using other glass doing the same thing.

So now we're comparing scientific glassblower with one that focuses on heady? K...

Uhh ok, where is the source for this accusation? All SG pieces are built like tanks, 100% consistent, with super thick glass and perfect welds. You said in your first paragraph that you have no experience in stemlines holding their value, but then give reason to why SG holds its value :huh:

Yet in function they still are one of the best. Opinion, but I'll stick to it 100%. Oh well this is getting way too off topic to be on the Cloud thread sorry I'll stop.

Yeah, I've been on BM since day 1, it's gone down hill in the last year. A stemline finally sold after 10 bumps for 320....

"Show me what other glass holds it's value like SG?" Nothing was mentioned about worked "scientific glass" vs heady work. Even though the overwhelming majority of the time heady worked depreciates fast and hard, except for AK work. Though the prices on AK tubes are have hit a resistance level.

"I never claimed SG is indestructible, but just because your friend broke his base doesn't really mean anything"
"Uhh ok, where is the source for this accusation? All SG pieces are built like tank"

Sg tubes aren't materially stronger than other tubes out there. Nor is their 5mm walled tubing thicker than anyone else's 5mm wall tubing.

I get it, you're an sg fan boy.

Tea Party,

pngwyn

I get it, you're an sg fan boy.

Totally, nice observation. Am I supposed to feel ashamed? Steve makes the best glass :tup: proud to be a fanboy.

You go on and on about how SG is overhyped, but hype comes from somewhere..it's certainly not unfounded. That's the last I'll say.

pngwyn,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
You need to diversify if you think he flat out makes the best pieces.

A lot of the hype comes from kids trying to justify the cost of what they just bought.

Tea Party,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
LOL please tell me how a fritted disc does anything but create bubbles.
"The purpose of sparging is to saturate the enclosed liquid with the gas, often to displace another gaseous component. The purpose of a scrubber or gas-washing bottle is to scrub the gas such that the liquid absorbs one (or more) of the gaseous components to remove it from the gas stream, effectively purifying the gas stream."

Both of these tasks are accomplished in labs by fritts . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laboratory_glassware

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
"Purity" being the key idea above ^^^

These discs are created by melting glass "gravel" in a ring mold essentially. Why can't one be created with a hole in the center like a "doughnut"? This would serve our purpose and make HT design possible I think.

t-dub,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Hey guys, FC actually has a chatroom for heated discussions like these.
Instead of continuing to get off-topic in this thread, maybe re-locate the discussion there?
After 16 posts who made YOU a moderator? I try to keep my participation at a minimum and relevant, even if the discussion strays a bit, as has been known to happen in this thread from time to time, so if I am derailing here I will let a mod tell me thanks . . . use the report button if you have to :peace:

ThouShaltVape

Loves Me Some MMJ
I've been happily using my cloud for many months. I have zero problems, issues, complaints. I love it as much as I did the first day I got it. It was worth the wait and lives up to the hype. I love showing it to my smoking friends and seeing their look of awe after they spent days explaining to me that they don't like vaping. :)

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
ThouShaltVape - that's an awesome post. Thank you for sharing those thoughts. I'm patiently waiting for my turn to order and am invigorated by your comments.

Cheers!

Top Bottom