Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

max

Out to lunch
long time for ups to toss cloud box around
If there's one thing you don't have to worry about when unpacking your Cloud, it's shipping damage. It's the most well protected product, against shipper damage, that I've ever seen.

max,

mmafighterthe25

If there's one thing you don't have to worry about when unpacking your Cloud, it's shipping damage. It's the most well protected product, against shipper damage, that I've ever seen.

i was just figuring on 2day cause i saw some peoples ht's got damage, a few people not many. yea, iv been following cloud around november of last year. I saw they package well, adhd plus waiting game= sucks big time.

mmafighterthe25,

max

Out to lunch
Unless they've drastically changed their packing methods, there's no way an HT could be damaged by a shipper. Some were ruined/damaged during local VapeXhale transport, and there've been some with defects, but for shipping to customers they're double boxed and wrapped in a huge amount of bubble wrap. You could use one of these boxes as a soccer ball and not do any damage.

max,

drumwizard

Account Closed
I am interested in getting one of these in the near future...when will they be available for purchase? I noticed people saying that they ordered their VXC a long time ago so I'd rather wait until they're readily available/in stock for purchase. It looks like a really great product but I read that pulling smoke OR vapor through water always slightly diminishes THC content in comparison to straight up vaporizing. I cant see any reason to filter through water when vaporizing is already a much cleaner method than smoking. FC seem to be the experts so any information is appreciated.

drumwizard,
Drumwizard, You're gonna be waiting for about a year for this product to be readily available. It is in high demand and were all waiting our turn. I suggest pre-ordering asap if this is something that interests you. When your turn comes you can always say no if youre uninterested.

VaporBoxed,

drumwizard

Account Closed
Drumwizard, You're gonna be waiting for about a year for this product to be readily available. It is in high demand and were all waiting our turn. I suggest pre-ordering asap if this is something that interests you. When your turn comes you can always say no if youre uninterested.

Thanks for the reply. I've owned a Volcano Digit since it came on the market and just ordered a Silver Surfer spherical glass yesterday. The VXC looks like another high quality vaporizer so it doesn't surprise me that it's in high demand. Could you attach a whip or bag to the VXC? It looks pretty versatile while still providing maximum vapor output.

drumwizard,

max

Out to lunch
drumwizard said:
I cant see any reason to filter through water when vaporizing is already a much cleaner method than smoking.
Here's one reason-filtering out particulates.

vapor through water always slightly diminishes THC content
Very slightly. It also takes the heat off the hits. The setup is even worth it though, if you don't even use water. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Could you attach a whip or bag to the VXC?
You would be compromising vapor freshness and taste and adding to condensation loss, while gaining nothing of value.

SD_haze

I am interested in getting one of these in the near future...when will they be available for purchase? I noticed people saying that they ordered their VXC a long time ago so I'd rather wait until they're readily available/in stock for purchase. It looks like a really great product but I read that pulling smoke OR vapor through water always slightly diminishes THC content in comparison to straight up vaporizing. I cant see any reason to filter through water when vaporizing is already a much cleaner method than smoking. FC seem to be the experts so any information is appreciated.

If the tiny dash of THC left in the water after a vapor-sesh bothers you, you always have the option of drinking it at the end :-)

If you keep your glass clean and regularly replace the water, there shouldn't be any moldy/mildewy taste, just like a light THC-y tea :tup:

The lower the temp you run it at, the better it tastes too.

SD_haze,

hereatlast

You would be compromising vapor freshness and taste and adding to condensation loss, while gaining nothing of value.

While I agree that you lose quite a bit of freshness and taste I think its a bit unfair to suggest that whips and bags offer nothing of value. Ease of use is the main thing that comes to mind; ultimately though, the VXC is clearly not aimed (or perhaps shouldn't be) at first-time vaporists or folks that want a good "party vape" but rather those that want to prioritize taste etc.

Still enjoying unit #9 here. Went away for a couple weeks and it was particularly nice to come home to quick heat-ups and tasty rips (I longed for the Cloud instead of the Volcanoes widely available in Amsterdam shops).

hereatlast,

vape4life

Banned for life
^^^^^^ not to mention that HT's (or any glass pieces) add to condensation loss as well, so that point is irrelevant.

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
hereatlast said:
I think its a bit unfair to suggest that whips and bags offer nothing of value.
Sorry, I can't see that adding whip or bag to a one handed, water filtered setup adds any ease of use. It may for some, but it's certainly not an upgrade, while adding water filtration to whip vapes is certainly a popular mod. The Cloud certainly wasn't aimed at fans of bag fillers, although the lack of a learning curve approaches that of bag use. As for first time vaporists, what's better than the Cloud for converting a big hitting bong lover? I'd certainly rather get my big hit from it than from a bag. The only plus to the bag is ease of passing it around.

vape4life said:
not to mention that HT's (or any glass pieces) add to condensation loss as well, so that point is irrelevant.
Apparently you didn't understand the point, which was adding ADDITIONAL condensation loss. Every vape has loss with the factory setup. If you're gonna add to it, there should be a significant payoff in return, and I don't see it.

weedemon

enthusiast
lol yep!

it's a box with bubble warp that contains another box with the items again bubble wrapped. it would have to be deliberately thrown with quite some force before it would get damaged I would think!

weedemon,

drumwizard

Account Closed
That is laughable

I'm glad I was able to provide you with some humor but what I stated is a FACT. It might be minimal THC that is taken away, but some is taken away none the less. Therefore vaporizing straight vapor will give you more THC than vaporizing through water. However, the benefits of the water is that it cools the vapor and takes out miniscule particles. When I used to smoke many years ago, my preferred method was through a water pipe because of the natural filtration. However, once vaporizing came into my life, the vapor itself provided enough filtration on its own in comparison to smoke. I personally would prefer not to sacrifice any THC (vaping through water) since a large appeal to vaporizing for me is the increase in THC content. I hope this response doesn't come off as confrontational because that's not my intention. I have provided links to studies which backs up my claim that you can read. To each their own...I still think the VXC is an amazing vaporizer and I'll still consider purchasing one when it comes on the market.

Here are the links:
http://www.neurophys.wisc.edu/~cozzi/maps4-4-93.html

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v06n3/06359mj1.html

and a quote from the second link to sum it all up if you don't have the time to read these...
"Contrary to popular impression, waterpipes don't necessarily protect smokers from harmful tars in marijuana smoke, according to a new study sponsored by MAPS and California NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws). The reason is that waterpipes filter out more psychoactive THC than they do other tars, thereby requiring users to smoke more to reach their desired effect. The study does not rule out the possibility that waterpipes could have other benefits, such as filtering out gases, but it suggests that other methods, such as the use of high potency marijuana, vaporizers, or oral ingestion are needed to avoid harmful toxins in marijuana smoke."

drumwizard,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
OK, read the first study and found these:

"The water did trap some THC, as well as other psychoactive compounds, however, most of the THC present in the marijuana passed through the water pipe unchanged."

"In summary, it appears that water filtration can be effective in removing components from marijuana smoke that are known toxicants, while allowing the THC to pass through relatively intact. The effectiveness of toxicant removal is related to the smoke's water contact area. Specially designed water pipes, incorporating particulate filters and gas dispersion frits would likely be most effective in this regard; the gas dispersion frit serves to break up the smoke into very fine bubbles, thereby increasing its water contact area. While individuals vary greatly in their smoking technique, state of health, dosing regimen, and so on, it seems that many patients could benefit from the use of water pipes to deliver THC. This would allow patients to titrate their dose easily while reducing the health hazard associated with smoke."

t-dub,

drumwizard

Account Closed
OK, read the first study and found these:

"The water did trap some THC, as well as other psychoactive compounds, however, most of the THC present in the marijuana passed through the water pipe unchanged."

"In summary, it appears that water filtration can be effective in removing components from marijuana smoke that are known toxicants, while allowing the THC to pass through relatively intact. The effectiveness of toxicant removal is related to the smoke's water contact area. Specially designed water pipes, incorporating particulate filters and gas dispersion frits would likely be most effective in this regard; the gas dispersion frit serves to break up the smoke into very fine bubbles, thereby increasing its water contact area. While individuals vary greatly in their smoking technique, state of health, dosing regimen, and so on, it seems that many patients could benefit from the use of water pipes to deliver THC. This would allow patients to titrate their dose easily while reducing the health hazard associated with smoke."

First of all, I believe you're quoting the first study which was done in 1993. The second study was done in 1996 and revised/reiterated in 2000 and is the one I quoted at the end of my post with the links. As I stated, I know the amount of THC it takes away is very miniscule but it still takes some away which was the basic point I was trying to make. I would still very much like to try the VXC through the unique water chambers they have. I'm not putting down vaping through water...to each their own. I'm just stating that I don't personally see the benefit in it. One new idea has been the PLENTY vaporizer by Storz & Bickel with the coil that helps cool down the vapor...so one might say that (the PLENTY coil idea) takes the place of having to filter through water if the reason is solely to cool the vapor.

In summation: enjoy your vapor any way you see fit because it's your life and you should do what makes you happy.

drumwizard,

drumwizard

Account Closed
i want to party with drumwizard then when he goes to the bathroom i'm gonna hop on his electric drums and play we will rock you with my pants off.

LMAO you had me rolling there. I think I'm going to fit in just fine with you all here on FC! A cheers to you (currently holding up a beer).

drumwizard,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Hmmm . . . the second study just says this:

"Surprisingly, the unfiltered joint outperformed all devices except the vaporizers, with a ratio of about 1 part cannabinoids to 13 parts tar. This disturbingly poor ratio may be explained by the low potency of the NIDA-supplied marijuana used in the study, which was around 2.3%. Disappointingly, waterpipes performed uniformly worse than the unfiltered joint. The least bad waterpipe, the bong, produced 30% more tar per cannabinoids than the unfiltered joint."

Not only is this study old, its methods are suspect. Also, the focus of the study was "Tar" to THC ratio. They never said how they defined "tar" . . . and look at the quality of material they had to use to test . . . 2.3% THC? I'm sorry but both these studies do nothing for me. Sure a little THC gets in the water but how many angels can you count on a pin head?

t-dub,

sunsett70

....One new idea has been the PLENTY vaporizer by Storz & Bickel with the coil that helps cool down the vapor...so one might say that (the PLENTY coil idea) takes the place of having to filter through water if the reason is solely to cool the vapor......
naw, man, the plenty looks like some kind of tyre gauge thing. it may work good but aesthetically, it just looks odd, to put it mildly. and glass pieces while effective, also look so elegant. and whips with glass water filter, together with a basket of grapes next to me, makes me feel like some kinda pimpin' drug tycoon.

now it's thc in the water; then it's exhaled visible vapor, what next?

sunsett70,

FeePan

How much should the device click when turned on? My replacement one emits a steady stream of fast clicks that don't stop... I'm worried they'll end in a bang with smoke.. I'm using a power converter because I am in Australia.

FeePan,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
How much should the device click when turned on? My replacement one emits a steady stream of fast clicks that don't stop... I'm worried they'll end in a bang with smoke.. I'm using a power converter because I am in Australia.

Mine doesn't run all the time without stopping, certainly not fast clicks, but it is steady enough that when it is quiet too long, I lok down and see it went to auto-shutoff. I just ran out to test my Cloud.
At between 10-11 o' clock setting, running approximately 4-5 hours continuously:

10 sec off
16 sec on
9 sec off
17 sec on
8 sec off
16 sec on
11 sec off
17 sec on
10 sec off
Ticking is steady as I said but at times got very slow and some are rapid. Very random sounding. I actually like it, it is kind of meditating/soothing. Better than the rainforest noises cd my old girlfriend use to listen to in bed.
I would contact VXC and not use it until I heard from them, myself.

Silver420Surfer,
Top Bottom