Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

max

Out to lunch
nugghuffer said:
This tophat upstem should be the unofficial gridded HT
IMO VapeXhale's Hydratubes should be the only 'HT's'. Glass that can be used with the Cloud but is designed as a stand alone smoking device is just that. If you google 'Hydratube' you get VapeXhale and a couple of off topic hits. I don't think it's fair to the company or to the uninformed to start labeling other glass pieces as HT's.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
The HydraTube design/technology is currently patent pending but we encourage all artists who want to make them to contact us @ stonemonkey@vapexhale.com - We felt that this was a huge differentiator for us so we took the time to protect our IP. With that said, I'd like to introduce you to our latest artist, Evolver. Evolver is a new label headed by Glasstafarian. Here is their first HydraTube with a 7 arm tree. These will be available within the next two weeks. Enjoy the pic

Also, TAFKAGM has mastered his own version of gridding, we're gonna start seeing some really innovative tubes in the near future.

562401_10150856231008926_647753925_9581602_1918394591_n.jpg

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
IMO VapeXhale's Hydratubes should be the only 'HT's'. Glass that can be used with the Cloud but is designed as a stand alone smoking device is just that. If you google 'Hydratube' you get VapeXhale and a couple of off topic hits. I don't think it's fair to the company or to the uninformed to start labeling other glass pieces as HT's.

It may be unfair, but inevitable. Look at what happen with Kleenex, Jello, Band-Aid, etc. They become so successful the brand becomes the object. Just a tribute to their success.

max

Out to lunch
True, but in this case we can try and head it off before it gets out of hand, and unlike your examples, where the brand name gets so popular that it almost becomes the product label, bongs/waterpipes aren't hydratubes. If they keep getting labeled incorrectly as HT's, sooner or later somebody's gonna buy an HT and expect to be able to smoke out of it. ;)

max,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral

If 2011/2012 BC labeled them as such without contacting VX, I would agree. But they are not.

I think I saw someone reference using a tootie stem for solo or pd or some other log vape, by saying "check out my new solo stem" or whatever but I didnt notice anybody saying that its not fair to Arizer or PD or whoever it was, but yet this is unfair to VX....BULLxxxx.

Why such different rules regarding everything VX

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: zmurder

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
If they keep getting labeled incorrectly as HT's, sooner or later somebody's gonna buy an HT and expect to be able to smoke out of it. ;)

:rolleyes: Fucking combusters deserve what they get.

I think I saw someone reference using a tootie stem for solo or pd or some other log vape, by saying "check out my new solo stem" or whatever but I didnt notice anybody saying that its not fair to Arizer or PD or whoever it was, but yet this is unfair to VX....BULLxxxx.

You really can't see the difference? Did you not read the post above from stonemonkey55 concerning the VXL patent application, or do you just not understand the concept of protecting intellectual property from being reduced to a generic?

stickstones

Vapor concierge

This kind of bullshit gets real old. We've been running the same rules for years and doing it in all threads. This is not the first thread to get negativity or misinformation moderated out of it. I have seen the same uninformed comment in many threads, such as the PD.

If we didn't run it this way the forum would get run over with a bunch of adolescent shit and many of you wouldn't be here. We want a mature forum with good info and good vibes.

Let's stay on topic and not get into the fanboy/hater crap.

Venomous

Good points made. The way people, including mods, jumped on you for your criticism was unfortunate. I see both sides, and just think VX should have done a better job of breaking this news to their international customers (who have been following them for a year+). That said, it's VX's sole decision about where/when to sell their products, and I'll defer to them about the technological reasons for doing so.

He was jumped on because of his chosen ways to flame the subject and make false assumptions. How are you going to do a better job of breaking bad new to anyone? Personally vx shouldn't of even entertained the international market out the gate, but I'm sure they learned something here just like any new business. As far as I'm concerned, I have not seen any member of the vxl team acting in disrespect with customers. Infact, I've seen them break their back to accomidate unhappy customers. This is something you typically do not see anymore. It's funny to see the guy act like a victim because the company did the right thing and stopped shipping them out of the country. I bet he still would of flamed vxl if they did send him a unit and it failed.

These types of guys you can never make happy no matter what, so you are best off cutting ties with them.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
:rolleyes: Fucking combusters deserve what they get.

You really can't see the difference? Did you not read the post above from stonemonkey55 concerning the VXL patent application, or do you just not understand the concept of protecting intellectual property from being reduced to a generic?

Yes, if 2011/2012 BC or any other company created a glass Hydratube, I really see the IP side of it completely. But the guy who said this should be the unofficial hydratube, isnt trying to make any money or take sales from VX.

@sticks...Where is the negativity or misinformation? I found a piece that I showed saying I wonder if this would mate up with Cloud(just like tons of others about Mobius/Toro/ etc.) Someone said this should be the UNOFFICIAL hydratube, not that it is or that we want to build one, or sell one or take any biz away from VX. Then we are told we cant call it that by Max. SM55 said nothing other than they are patent pending, which means he doesnt want peeps making $$ off the name, didnt soud like he cares what we call it amongst ourselves. Please chime in SM55. Its not like we all took a vote and said this is FC's Unofficial Hydratube.

God, I was so happy to find another toy to try with the Cloud, and the VX gestapos come out with the smack down

mod note- Name calling isn't allowed. You should know this by now.

max

Out to lunch
If 2011/2012 BC labeled them as such without contacting VX, I would agree. But they are not.

It's unfair to a lot of people to start labeling stuff as x when it's really y. A stem is a stem and some can even be used interchangeably. An HT isn't a bong and you can't use it as one. That's the point that you apparently missed.

Now its our fault because someone buys the wrong thing?
You're certainly spreading bad information if you refer to a bong as a Hydratube. The forum is for spreading good info, not bad.

You can call it what you want, but anyone labeling a bong as an HT is gonna get corrected if I see it. I don't know why you refuse to understand that glass that can be used with the Cloud, and is also a stand alone smoking device, isn't the same as a Hydratube, and calling it that is just totally misnaming the device and serving to confuse people.

max,

Calm down guys it was just a joke (I did say unofficial). Next time I'll put "jk" after it because I'm not a big fan of using smiley faces and "lol".. I never said anything about labeling it a HT, I just meant it's the most similar you can get to a HT. And technically the tophat upstem is not a stand alone smoking device since it's really just an extra diffuser for the Lego-like 2012 BC bubblers. Good to hear about the new in-house gridded HTs though, I kind of want one now.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Ok, let me try to steer out the BS and back to something about the Cloud. I was psyched to finally let someone (other than my family) try the Cloud. A friend who is a patient and smokes a LOT came by last night. I let the heater get up to speed and we loaded it with some medicine he brought (Pandoras Box) and some of my SLH and Pineapple.

After a few (what i call) "taste hits" the clouds started to form due to the heatup of the medicine. We passed it back and forth (yea I was slightly nervous) and used the hydratube and my Mobius Nano. My friend was amazed at the hits he got (at the 12:00 position), and that "it wasn't smoke". A couple of massive rips on the Mobius later and he was coughing and head-rushing.

When he left he said it was the best high he's ever had - and this guys smokes a TON of different medical varieties all the time. Yep, he ordered one, LOL!

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Ok, let me try to steer out the BS and back to something about the Cloud. I was psyched to finally let someone (other than my family) try the Cloud. A friend who is a patient and smokes a LOT came by last night. I let the heater get up to speed and we loaded it with some medicine he brought (Pandoras Box) and some of my SLH and Pineapple.

After a few (what i call) "taste hits" the clouds started to form due to the heatup of the medicine. We passed it back and forth (yea I was slightly nervous) and used the hydratube and my Mobius Nano. My friend was amazed at the hits he got (at the 12:00 position), and that "it wasn't smoke". A couple of massive rips on the Mobius later and he was coughing and head-rushing.

When he left he said it was the best high he's ever had - and this guys smokes a TON of different medical varieties all the time. Yep, he ordered one, LOL!

You bring comfort to me since my friends are heavy smokers and I can't get them to vape...this is exactly what I wanted the cloud to be...thanks for your input!!!

m0sh,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@silver420surfer...reread what part of your post I quoted to see what I was referring to.

back on topic...the cloud is the one vape that always seems to impress smokers when i show up.

THCMuscle

Good news! My replacement Cloud showed up today, I'm very happy. It took less than a week (including a weekend) for my replacement to show up.

I must also say thanks to Stonemonkey55 for PM'ing me offering me a full refund after voicing my frustration/disapointment. I have never had a gripe with HOW VXH handles their problems, I've only been frustrated BY the problems themselves.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Good news! My replacement Cloud showed up today, I'm very happy. It took less than a week (including a weekend) for my replacement to show up.

I must also say thanks to Stonemonkey55 for PM'ing me offering me a full refund after voicing my frustration/disapointment. I have never had a gripe with HOW VXH handles their problems, I've only been frustrated BY the problems themselves.

The big question is, does it live up to the hype and are you in the Clouds yet? :D

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
The big question is, does it live up to the hype and are you in the Clouds yet? :D

Must be replacement Cloud day, got mine also. YES!!!! and YES!!!!

Didnt mean to hijack, sm55 and thcmuscle. I hope you are enjoying as much as I am thc.
Kinda funny how it is actually quite cloudy outside this afternoon after days of sun beating down, then my Cloud arrives. Reviews in time, so far I can say THIS THING KICKS @SS!

THCMuscle

Well I was able to tell with my old unit that it held up to the hype, it just had problems turning on after the 1hr off. (or maybe it had to do with heat accumilation over time)

I do notice that the hole in the heat tube is larger than my previous.

I wont be able to test it out until tonight, but I DO trust that VXH fully tested this unit and sent me something they have confidence in.

This company may have made mistakes, but I think they're the last people in the world to make the same mistake twice.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
@stonemonkey,

The new tree HT is exciting but I really miss the ice pinches. Has VXL perhaps decided to discourage or even disallow HT pinches because of the perceived additional risk? (I'm using ice even though my HT doesn't have pinches; functions just as well but I'd just prefer not having to take the extra care inserting the cubes.)

If there are "really innovative tubes" (plural) coming "in the near future", I may need to wait and see the assortment before buying . . . my case will only hold 3, ya know. :)

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

Troi

Attention -- Cloud Pre-order customers, whoam has been approved with an account -- but yet to purchase a cloud (and missed out on purchasing one when you were invited due to us running out of inventory. I have sent out emails to everyone that I heard from -- stating that they wanted to buy but were sold out, I just wanted to make a final reminder on here that as of right now we have inventory, please make your purchase, or i will have to approve the next batch of customers waiting in line. If you arent sure how to proceed and feel you are due to purchase, please email me at Troi@vapexhale.com -- preferably forwad me your invite email and it will help me verify your posistion and take care of you faster.

mephisto

Hello Troi,
I did not receive an e-mail to re-order, although I was one of the buyers who was
granted an account and could not order due to lack of stock. I did not keep my
invite, so I hope to hear from you soon. This will be my 3rd try at a Cloud.....
Thanks for your time......

mephisto,

jackmormon

It is a good day in Cloud land. I received my replacement today also. I have used it once at the noon position with the ELB about 1/4 full. I measured the load with my UD stem to use as a frame of reference.

First impression is that it looks the same as the first one but that is where the similarity ends. 1st try and I looked like SM blowing clouds in his videos. About 7 tasty rips and a couple of whispier ones. This is going to take some serious testing but I do believe this thing might be the champ on extraction. The noon position was actually a little high temp for my personal taste so I will try it lower later.

From a picky customer, I gotta say Kudos to the VXC team for providing such an awesome performing product. There is no such thing as a perfect product launch in the real world. The true measure of a company is how they deal with problems -- especially the follow through. Mine took a week to get here after they received my old unit which is fantastic turnaround especially in the middle of identifying/rectifying the core problem and dealing with multiple replacements.

The only neg is my replacement unit has similar missing paint areas on the edges of the outer housing as the original one. Since two of these have had this I am guessing it is not isolated. I could care less with how it performs but it is about the only area I see that has room for improvement :D

My unit arrived with some handwriting on the outer wrap that said "SM55 OK!" If you are going to have a QC job, I can't think of a better one :razz:

One question:

Can anyone tell me if the Hydratube below is a Hydracirc or a SGW piece:

dyx6v7.jpg

2lcqotz.jpg

THCMuscle

Jack, That is the SGW tube due to the ice pinches. I can't wait to get mine, I have yet to try a hydratube.

I was able to have a small sesh with my Cloud just now. First impressions are that it runs a bit colder than my first unit, which I'm stoked about because I enjoy low temp stuff. I only had a few rips at 12'oclock, and the ABV came out about as light as what 9'oclock on my previous unit was. I am really really excited to see how low 7'olcock is on this unit. Ironically I was using about the worst quality dirt-weed I've had in a while and it made great clouds and great taste on the first hit.

Non-cloud owners may get the impression from a few posts in this thread that to achieve optimal hits you need to have the ELB in there while it heats up, as well as wait beyond the first indication of a green light. In my experience, tossing a cold ELB into a Cloud that just turned green will yeild the thickest, tastiest, lowest drag vapor I have experienced.

I finished the bowl off at 3'oclock for a nice medium brown ABV. (horrible bud btw)

My unit also had the "SM55 OK!!" which I thought was a great touch. Thanks again SM.

One thing I have noticed about the Cloud is that a large temperature addjustment can take almost as long as the inital heat up, even a temperature reduction. Not much of a big deal.

Thanks again VXH team, I feel that you've got me covered now.

Top Bottom