Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Pappy, you have to take a pic from the top like tsat for a better comparison.

Toke it easy all. :cool:

Progress,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
The glass heating air path looks very similar in diameter to me, even the tornado inducing "choke".
Let's see some measurements or input from VX.

Patiently waiting for my turn to purchase..............

Irie,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
You would need to know what your doing with a caliper to get a proper measurement. I'm not sure if we could get consistent data. You would also want to measure the bottom hole as well which would take a real specialty tool. All I know is unit #49 is incredible. :)

I've asked this before but has anyone taken one apart and taken pictures of the internals? I would with mine but I don't want to mess with perfection. :D

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
You would need to know what your doing with a caliper to get a proper measurement. I'm not sure if we could get consistent data. You would also want to measure the bottom hole as well which would take a real specialty tool. All I know is unit #49 is incredible. :)

I've asked this before but has anyone taken one apart and taken pictures of the internals? I would with mine but I don't want to mess with perfection. :D
nope it would probably void the warranty

jackstraw62,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I wonder if we can get some info from VXC regrading the production thus far - its interesting to know what going on and if things are going according to plan, and any future plans?

I'm also interested learning about future accessorizes for the cloud.
I'd still wish to receive a stand for the glass

m0sh,

weedemon

enthusiast
I wonder if we can get some info from VXC regrading the production thus far - its interesting to know what going on and if things are going according to plan, and any future plans?

I'm also interested learning about future accessorizes for the cloud.
I'd still wish to receive a stand for the glass

be sure to check out: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threa...stands-by-dead-foot-designs.5883/#post-222597 or more specifically: http://deadfootdesigns.com/

that's what I'll be getting!

weedemon,

THCMuscle

As much as I am eager to get both my first functioning hydratube and my replacement cloud, I am glad they are taking the time to do QC checks before sending out more bad units. Arizer could have helped the madness with the chipping had they done something early on. They didn't though and who knows how many bad units were sold.

As this may take a while to sort out, I'd like to know if us early adopters can have our warranties moved forward to the date we receive 'good' units. Meanwhile that preciously short 1yr warranty is being consumed while VXH fixes their problems.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
My saving for the VXC hit 450$ today. So it's almost ready. I began saving Sep 2011. Hopefully it's gonna be worth it (I just wish I will not get DOA or smth after all this). Now just wait until the 220V version is designed and I'm gonna join you guys in da clouds.

VXC crew: If you successfully managed to make a poor guy save 450$ over a year - must be a sign that you are doing it right.

Just be here soon. I try my best to calm urges to buy any vape (and therefore ruin my fund), the next one must be the VXC. But there are so many wonderful vapes arriving to market today, so the urge is worse every day.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I'll be waiting waay longer for sure. I am buying only public 220V model. I will not get immature Cloud only because of impatiency.

Seek,
iv been waiting for it to seek it sucks, hoping i get mine by august. preordered 2/28/12

Not trying to be rude here, but this is straight from FC:
General Posting Guidelines

• Proofread your posts for clarity and quality. Semantics, spelling, punctuation and grammar are important when conveying thoughts and information in a text-based medium. Avoid using slang which may not be understood by other members.
  • Put some effort into your posts.
  • Before creating a thread or posting a reply, please ask yourself: “Am I making a thread which is either funny, informative, or interesting? Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?”.
I know the wait sucks man, but pretty much everyone on here who doesn't have a Cloud right now has been waiting MUCH longer than two months. Just rip whatever vape you have for now and be glad you have something to look forward to in the future. We'll all be in the clouds soon enough!

PoopMachine

Can we get a pic of what your abv loks like at 9?
Is it too hot to hold at the bottom?

the case being too hot for you to hold may not equal a defective cloud.

Gang-THE CASING WILL BE HOT, ESPECIALLY AT THE TOP. Only the abv can tell you if your unit works.

At noon I can grab my cloud no prob, but I have friends who are unable to touch the top half. Bottom line is abv is a nice even brown, not dar, not light, just right.

At 9 after about half an hour mine is too hot to hold anywhere, even at the bottom. I put some Livestrong bands on it to try to buffer the heat, it doesnt help much.

PoopMachine,

VapeXhale

Vapor Enthusiast
Manufacturer
Robot here.

The last time I wrote an update I alluded to releasing some proverbial hounds in the short term. The good news is that we did. The bad news was that the dogs in question bit us. Not hard, but enough to get our attention.

I won’t say that we are victims of our own hubris because we’ve always striven to remain humble. As a matter of fact, one of our unofficial, internal axioms at VXL is “Don’t be a dick.” Not to be crude but well, you know… Anyway, things did not work out precisely as we had hoped. Because since opening the manufacturing floodgates, we’ve had to close them up a bit again. The reason: quality control.

If you recall, we emplaced back up sources for a number of the components to place some elasticity in the supply chain. Sadly, one of the manufacturers in the aforementioned chain did not build their component to our spec. This is again, a good news/bad news situation: the good being that we caught it before making 400 faulty units. The bad being that I’ve now got to write off 400 bad components worth well into five figures. And when you’re bootstrapping a company out of your own pocket, that is a very painful exercise indeed. The manufacturer in question has been fired and replaced. Nevertheless, this is yet another ugly reminder that entrepreneurism is not for the faint of heart.

Also, as a function of what we read on the forum, we moved from spot-checking random units on the assembly line to testing each one. For obvious reasons, this slows things down a bit. Once we have complete confidence in the components and the process, we will move back to the previous model. But we will NOT exceed a 2% defect rate. I simply will not stand for it. Let me be clear: every time I read a review that is anything less than stellar it feels like a gut punch. We take this business very seriously. Poor customer service can cripple companies even if the product is close to perfect. And while we are never going to be perfect, we are going to knock ourselves senseless trying.

One last thing: international customers. As a function of the US-centric circuitry of the Cloud you are (unfortunately) obligated to use inverters. The use thereof makes it exceedingly difficult for us to determine what may be wrong with malfunctioning units as it essentially places an untested, uncontrollable, and unknowable step in the loop.

For that reason, we will be halting all international orders until we come out with Clouds that do not require an inverter. I am truly sorry about this. I wish the story were different but faced with a disproportionately high failure rate for Clouds used with inverters we have no choice.

The international customers that pre-ordered at the $350 price but do not live in North America will still receive their discounted price. They will unfortunately have to wait until our international units are ready. And as of right now, I cannot give you an estimate as to when that will be.

That’s all for now. As always, we are an open book to you; our family.

Robot, SM55, PN3K, Troi, and Bryan

natural farmer

I happen to be one of the "international" future customers and I really don't have any problem waiting for the Cloud a little longer... Very nice move guys! Respect! Take your time and do your best, the rest will follow! :clap:
Anyway, my Solo will be a great company until it's "daddy" arrives... :lol:

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Well I'm not so happy. What a joke. I feel I've waited long enough in support of this, even paid once, and have been expecting an email anyday, only to be messed around further with no end in sight. Realistically it's surely going to be another year or more. What a way to be treated. I'm close to giving up. Either the problem is with the Cloud, or it is with the inverters- this just tries to blurr the lines between the two. 240- 110v transformers are well tried and tested, simple technology. There's nothing dodgy or unreliable about them- it's hardly a 'weak link'. It does what it says on the tin, otherwise it's useless. I suspect return shipping might be the bigger issue here. :2c:.

WatTyler,
Reactions: zmurder

PoopMachine

Robot here.

The last time I wrote an update I alluded to releasing some proverbial hounds in the short term. The good news is that we did. The bad news was that the dogs in question bit us. Not hard, but enough to get our attention.

I won’t say that we are victims of our own hubris because we’ve always striven to remain humble. As a matter of fact, one of our unofficial, internal axioms at VXL is “Don’t be a dick.” Not to be crude but well, you know… Anyway, things did not work out precisely as we had hoped. Because since opening the manufacturing floodgates, we’ve had to close them up a bit again. The reason: quality control.

If you recall, we emplaced back up sources for a number of the components to place some elasticity in the supply chain. Sadly, one of the manufacturers in the aforementioned chain did not build their component to our spec. This is again, a good news/bad news situation: the good being that we caught it before making 400 faulty units. The bad being that I’ve now got to write off 400 bad components worth well into five figures. And when you’re bootstrapping a company out of your own pocket, that is a very painful exercise indeed. The manufacturer in question has been fired and replaced. Nevertheless, this is yet another ugly reminder that entrepreneurism is not for the faint of heart.

Also, as a function of what we read on the forum, we moved from spot-checking random units on the assembly line to testing each one. For obvious reasons, this slows things down a bit. Once we have complete confidence in the components and the process, we will move back to the previous model. But we will NOT exceed a 2% defect rate. I simply will not stand for it. Let me be clear: every time I read a review that is anything less than stellar it feels like a gut punch. We take this business very seriously. Poor customer service can cripple companies even if the product is close to perfect. And while we are never going to be perfect, we are going to knock ourselves senseless trying.

One last thing: international customers. As a function of the US-centric circuitry of the Cloud you are (unfortunately) obligated to use inverters. The use thereof makes it exceedingly difficult for us to determine what may be wrong with malfunctioning units as it essentially places an untested, uncontrollable, and unknowable step in the loop.

For that reason, we will be halting all international orders until we come out with Clouds that do not require an inverter. I am truly sorry about this. I wish the story were different but faced with a disproportionately high failure rate for Clouds used with inverters we have no choice.

The international customers that pre-ordered at the $350 price but do not live in North America will still receive their discounted price. They will unfortunately have to wait until our international units are ready. And as of right now, I cannot give you an estimate as to when that will be.

That’s all for now. As always, we are an open book to you; our family.

Robot, SM55, PN3K, Troi, and Bryan

Is this faulty component in any way responsible for the varying heat of the units? Mine works but as Ive said, at 9, after about half an hour, its too hot to hold and it seems to be getting worse. Ive got no problem hanging on to it until there's a replacement available.. which hopefully isnt very long.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: zmurder

RussyRoo

So so glad I got mine before the international orders got cut!! My condolences to those who missed out, hope you don't have to wait too long! I feel for the team as well, sounds like a fucking ball ache, just when it seemed like things were getting going.

A few weeks in, haven't got to use it nearly as much as I'd like, but I'm just finishing my last year at university, got to prioritise!! But no problems to report. I suspect mines running just a little cool judging by peoples abv shots. But that suits me anyway. I'm very happy with it. Cheers team!!

P.S - What are the types of the failures with clouds that have been used with voltage converters? Is is consistently one thing? Mine's been working like a dream so far, should I be worried?

RussyRoo,
Top Bottom