Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

THCMuscle

I'm a bit on the side of WatTyler. This is rediculous. This company has made more mistakes and screw ups that I've ever head of out of a start-up, and people continue to congradulate them on a superb job and re-enstate their paitence over waiting for a new unit.

So not only have I waited almost 2 years, I've paid twice (refunded once), heard a million excuses for delays, had the nice Cloud box removed from the package, as well as the HT stand.(Decreasing the value of the Cloud, making $350 even higher.) Meanwhile my 1year warranty is being eaten away while VXC fixes yet another of MANY MANY MANY problems.

Frankly, I believe VXC is going to eventually drop the ball and another company will produce this concept of a vape properly. A company with decent capital could copy this design (and easily ad improvments, remember, this unit has been aging ever since they stopped making revisions. Obvious improvments need to be made and they are known to many. This device could be improved upon and released before VXC even gets their sh*t together.) VXC has obviously been hurt by these problems (they've made substantial buget cuts), it may only be a matter of time till someone thinks they can do better.

THCMuscle,
Reactions: zmurder
I don't know why you would "wait" for a vaporizer. Just get a good vape like the underdog or the SSV. In the end, you're still high lol. The vapexhale just makes it more stylish.

Ghosthunter987,

Stonebreaker6

Vulgar display of insouciance
I'm a bit on the side of WatTyler. This is rediculous. This company has made more mistakes and screw ups that I've ever head of out of a start-up, and people continue to congradulate them on a superb job and re-enstate their paitence over waiting for a new unit.

So not only have I waited almost 2 years, I've paid twice (refunded once), heard a million excuses for delays, had the nice Cloud box removed from the package, as well as the HT stand.(Decreasing the value of the Cloud, making $350 even higher.) Meanwhile my 1year warranty is being eaten away while VXC fixes yet another of MANY MANY MANY problems.

Frankly, I believe VXC is going to eventually drop the ball and another company will produce this concept of a vape properly. A company with decent capital could copy this design (and easily ad improvments, remember, this unit has been aging ever since they stopped making revisions. Obvious improvments need to be made and they are known to many. This device could be improved upon and released before VXC even gets their sh*t together.) VXC has obviously been hurt by these problems (they've made substantial buget cuts), it may only be a matter of time till someone thinks they can do better.

How many start ups have you been privy to? I've been in silicon valley for 20+ years and the mistakes these guys are talking about are mouse nuts compared to some of the train wrecks I've had a front row seat to.

And I don't think anyone is congratulating the VXL boys on f*cking up. But rather we appreciate the manner in which they're conducting themselves in the light of said f*ck ups. Most companies deny, deflect, and deny again. These guys (rightly or wrongly) are owning up to it and fixing it. All in the public eye. That, sir, takes integrity and balls. Two things in short supply in this world IMHO.

Another company may very well come along and one-up these guys. Only time will tell. At the end of the day, VXL isn't a faceless, soul sucking corporate monstrosity. It's an outfit created and run by one of our own. And run like I'd like to think we would if we had the balls to undertake something like this.

As Robot said: they're not perfect. They're just 5 guys with wives and kids (I think) who are trying to do something great. And if you don't want to be part of it, that's ok. Storz & Bickel will gladly take your money.

:peace:

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
How many start ups have you been privy to? I've been in silicon valley for 20+ years and the mistakes these guys are talking about are mouse nuts compared to some of the train wrecks I've had a front row seat to.

And I don't think anyone is congratulating the VXL boys on f*cking up. But rather we appreciate the manner in which they're conducting themselves in the light of said f*ck ups. Most companies deny, deflect, and deny again. These guys (rightly or wrongly) are owning up to it and fixing it. All in the public eye. That, sir, takes integrity and balls. Two things in short supply in this world IMHO.

Another company may very well come along and one-up these guys. Only time will tell. At the end of the day, VXL isn't a faceless, soul sucking corporate monstrosity. It's an outfit created and run by one of our own. And run like I'd like to think we would if we had the balls to undertake something like this.

As Robot said: they're not perfect. They're just 5 guys with wives and kids (I think) who are trying to do something great. And if you don't want to be part of it, that's ok. Storz & Bickel will gladly take your money.

:peace:

Couldn't have written it better myself. Three thumbs up! :tup::tup::tup:

I understand how it can be frustrating when high hopes are dashed. But with this type of product, proper expectations are key to my satisfaction. I'm happily along for the ride and will wait patiently for my turn to order. If my Cloud has an issue, I'll simply drop a ticket and wait patiently for the fix. If I need to send back on my dime, so be it. If I don't like the terms or potential issues, I'll simply not oder it. My choice.

I, for one, applaud how up-front Vapexhale is, and my guess is they've taken good care of the folks who've had problems.

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
I, for one, applaud how up-front Vapexhale is, and my guess is they've taken good care of the folks who've had problems.

They have, from what I have seen, addressed every issue that has arisen. If you don't like it, don't buy it. There is a plethora of other options, don't want to be an early adopter, buy something else. That is the beauty of capitalism.

I couldn't imagine engineering and going through all the work to have something like this manufactured.... I suspect many of the complainers have ever stuck their neck out and taken a rick such as creating something like this.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
In my view, this launch, and everything leading up to it, is a great example of how free markets can benefit the "little guy," i.e., Vapexhale.

The VXC and the VXC team will be all the better for having experienced their trials and tribulations. We, the willing customers, will benefit as well, and I'm confident patience, be it with technical issues or lengthy wait times, will be rewarded.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Bad things happen, especially on huge projects like this. But VX is clearly doing their best to fix everthing. You can see the effort they are putting everyday to this project and resolve any customer issiues. I've not seen many companies this much caring.

I know that fortune can be b*tch sometimes, so I sympathize with everyting that has happened at VXC's way. The international cut is interesting to me. MAybe it will make me preorder.
I did not preorder because didn't have cash and didn't want 110V model. Neither of these count now so it is really a possible action now for me.

Edit: Done like a boss.

Troi

@THCMUscle

First I can assure you that -- no other vaporizor like the cloud will be released. VXL holds a patent on our design from the inside and out.

Secondly, I want to remind everyone on this forum, that at one point. I was a fan on the other side, from the beginning, wanting a cloud. Then SM55 and I got to know each other, Prior to joining Vapexhale Labs, I am a serial entrepenur and I have been involved in dozens of sucessfull startups that went from 0$ in revenue, to several hundred thousands and revenue and more.

I'm writing this post, as a once a FC native, I understand now that I have distributor status,I ask you all to trust me here that my post is not written to skew the situation, or "lawyer up' for vapexhale. I joined Vapexhale, because as soon as I got to know the enitre team. I have one word for every member "altruists" these guys care more then you can imagine about this community, and about releasing the next generation vaporizer that utilizes all glass, and provides thick consistent vapor on demand.

When you speak about lack of capitol, VXL has invested well over 3 years into developing this product, and well beyond the 7 figure range. Not to mention all the man hours the 5 of us are putting in. The delays have not been excuses rather growing and learning pains around building a vaporizer who's core is a glass tube. (this community has been screaming for an all glass airpath, and we are aiming to achieve that)

Finally, there has been 0 budget cuts made at Vapexhale. Whenever funds were needed for X they have ben made available.

Finally I understand your frustration, but at the same time, rather then making assumptions, if your truly concncered about this, you can alyways give me a cal at 610-613-7964 and I would be very happy to answer the questons you need.

I work 10-18 hours a day on vapexhale, and the forum is one of my tasks for this company. Its frustrating to put your heart and soul into this community, and then to come on here and read assumptions, with very little grounding. I can understand where they are coming from, but i can assure you that your assumptions are false.

THC - I strongly advise you reach out to me, and I will discuss your warranty situation with you, and then we both can get on the same page. If you feel your cloud isn't working right, we will replace it.

Troi

Well I'm not so happy. What a joke. I feel I've waited long enough in support of this, even paid once, and have been expecting an email anyday, only to be messed around further with no end in sight. Realistically it's surely going to be another year or more. What a way to be treated. I'm close to giving up. Either the problem is with the Cloud, or it is with the inverters- this just tries to blurr the lines between the two. 240- 110v transformers are well tried and tested, simple technology. There's nothing dodgy or unreliable about them- it's hardly a 'weak link'. It does what it says on the tin, otherwise it's useless. I suspect return shipping might be the bigger issue here. :2c:.

@Wattyle

I apologize for your frustration, since your looking for further clarification, here goes. Please remember that since the cloud utilizes an all glass airpath, when heating glass thermally, you need to do so in a smoth controlled manner. The electronics inside the cloud are designed to smooth an electrical signal from a true US Voltage source. When you use an converter the electrical signal is not the same, meaning our heater could receives spikes of electricity that the converter could not control, which could lead to blowing out your transformer, or even worse, overpowering your heater which can cause several other problems. Our engineering team is working to develop a non/us version so that the cloud can plug nativly to any global setup, without the fears of it blowing out your cloud. This decision has nothing to do with Shipping costs, if we had a product that we feel could work with a converter then we would gladly get it into your hands. However, we would rather not gamble and hope the converter works, so our internal decision was to develop a cloud that will work naturally.

As robot stated, anyone who pre-ordered at the 350$ price point internationally, and will have to wait until we have developed the international version, we will glady honor that 350$ price.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Oh well, another international customer - I will wait until you get the best product...
Hope you get your problems sorted out! glad you wrote an update!

m0sh,

nowonknows

So why are there issues with using an inverter? Is it because most 220-240vac countries are running at 50hz? If this is no effect and the only issue is with the quality of the inverters used, I'd still take a gamble.

nowonknows,
Reactions: m0sh

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Don't be impatient. Without inverter it will be better. I put my preorder just because of this delay (lol, did VX crew think that this desicion will get them new preorders? :D ) And the wait will imo not be that long. Now they got one more pause, but the hounds were already released. This is just a small delay and then it's gonna be fast again. Also I think the international prorders won't take a year. It needs a redesign, but not a big one. It will still be Cloud, just needs it's power input circuitry modified.

Seek,

mmafighterthe25

Not trying to be rude here, but this is straight from FC:
General Posting Guidelines

• Proofread your posts for clarity and quality. Semantics, spelling, punctuation and grammar are important when conveying thoughts and information in a text-based medium. Avoid using slang which may not be understood by other members.
  • Put some effort into your posts.
  • Before creating a thread or posting a reply, please ask yourself: “Am I making a thread which is either funny, informative, or interesting? Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?”.
I know the wait sucks man, but pretty much everyone on here who doesn't have a Cloud right now has been waiting MUCH longer than two months. Just rip whatever vape you have for now and be glad you have something to look forward to in the future. We'll all be in the clouds soon enough!

hey guy's making fun of vocab, you keyboard warriors who talk shit behind a computer screen. just shut the fuck up ignore it move on. plain and simple english police, because my english is always going to be terrible. When i say something else beisdes the wait. no one says shit so fuck off bro.

Mod note: No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member. You could use a review of the rules. Please read them before posting again.

mmafighterthe25,
Reactions: zmurder

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I have trouble believing more then 1 million dollars has been devoted to this venture.

So when I first got my cloud the first thing that really struck me was how cool the easy load bowls are. What a perfect way to house the material. And each one made so perfectly. I've been puzzling in my mind what they might be.

So I was thinking about it again this morning and decided to try my google-fu.

And now I know all about inline strainer baskets. :)
http://www.pacific-industrial-filtration.com/strainer-baskets.html

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
@Wattyle

I apologize for your frustration, since your looking for further clarification, here goes. Please remember that since the cloud utilizes an all glass airpath, when heating glass thermally, you need to do so in a smoth controlled manner. The electronics inside the cloud are designed to smooth an electrical signal from a true US Voltage source. When you use an converter the electrical signal is not the same, meaning our heater could receives spikes of electricity that the converter could not control, which could lead to blowing out your transformer, or even worse, overpowering your heater which can cause several other problems. Our engineering team is working to develop a non/us version so that the cloud can plug nativly to any global setup, without the fears of it blowing out your cloud. This decision has nothing to do with Shipping costs, if we had a product that we feel could work with a converter then we would gladly get it into your hands. However, we would rather not gamble and hope the converter works, so our internal decision was to develop a cloud that will work naturally.

As robot stated, anyone who pre-ordered at the 350$ price point internationally, and will have to wait until we have developed the international version, we will glady honor that 350$ price.
Every 240-110v AC transformer I've had has been regulated, giving an already smoothed electrical output. I'm not even sure if they make the big ones unregulated. If so, why not just specify the use of a regulated power supply?

At the end of the day you're just not going to deliver on your promise to all those who have supported you across the globe, and instead will be focusing on your other preferred customers. I've got very near to the front of the que, after a long wait, only to be told to "get to the back, we've just decided we're going to serve all these other people first". Nice.

And let us bear in mind that many of these other customers will no doubt also be using their Clouds in their cars and using all sorts of far more dodgy transformers to turn 12v DC into 110v, just as SM himself has done. It is clearly the customers responsibility to ensure that their Cloud is powered appropriately. Kind of invalidates the reasoning for discriminating against someone who is not from North America in my eyes. Hence my belief that there are additional issues at play.

Let's not pretend a 240v version is something that VX will come up with any time soon. All the time you guys are at capacity with US orders then the last thing on your mind is developing the overseas business. If you won't even give us a time prediction it says something, as does the fact that the international announcement was a "and one last [insignificant] thing" line in a much larger post. Great to know our worldwide support means so much to VX. Can we at least expect a personal notification of this, or will others be expected to find this out from an internet forum, or just to find out with bitter disappointment when it's their turn to order?

Fact is we've been led up a blind alley and expectations have been appallingly managed here. I'm sure VX have whatever reasons for making the mistakes that they have, and I've been totally understanding until now, but I'm entitled to feel pissed off with VX for such a late significant change in policy- don't any of you reading from North America believe for one second that you would be feeling any different for being treated and teased this way. I mean, they even took my effing money once. It's just not the way to treat loyal supporters.

Of course you can say it's up to VX to sell to whoever they want, which is true, we have no right to purchase, but I was given a legitimate expectation that has not been met. So VX must be prepared to put up with my whinging when they mess me around, taking my money, then refunding it, all without my complaint, and then say "no" altogether and favour other customers over me for a reasoning that appears to me to be needlessly discriminatory. It doesn't garner love.

I'm sorry for the rant, I don't like whiny posts and it makes me neither happy nor healthy, but it's very well deserved IMHO. :(

vapeArama

Is this faulty component in any way responsible for the varying heat of the units? Mine works but as Ive said, at 9, after about half an hour, its too hot to hold and it seems to be getting worse. Ive got no problem hanging on to it until there's a replacement available.. which hopefully isnt very long.
That is how my cloud works too!,it will be the best all glass vape when it works. and sm55 is my vape god just not real happy withe him now.

vapeArama,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Every 240-110v AC transformer I've had has been regulated, giving an already smoothed electrical output. I'm not even sure if they make the big ones unregulated. If so, why not just specify regulated?

At the end of the day you're just not going to deliver on your promise to all those who have supported you across the globe, and instead will be focusing on your other preferred customers. I've got very near to the front of the que, after a long wait, only to be told to "get to the back, we've just decided we're going to serve all these other people first". Nice.

And let us bear in mind that many of these other customers will no doubt also be using their Clouds in their cars and using all sorts of far more dodgy transformers to turn 12v DC into 110v, just as SM himself has done. It is clearly the customers responsibility to ensure that their Cloud is powered appropriately. Kind of invalidates the reasoning for discriminating against someone who is not from North America in my eyes. Hence my belief that there are additional issues at play.

Let's not pretend a 240v version is something that VX will come up with any time soon. All the time you guys are at capacity with US orders then the last thing on your mind is developing the overseas business. If you won't even give us a time prediction it says something, as does the fact that the international announcement was a " and one last [insignificant] thing" line in a much larger post. Great to know our international support means so much. Can we expect a personal notification of this, or will others be expected to find this out from an internet forum, or just to find out with bitter disappointment when it's their turn to order?

Fact is we've been led up a blind alley and expectations have been appallingly managed here. I'm sure VX have whatever reasons for making the mistakes that they have, and I've been totally understanding until now, but I'm entitled to feel pissed off with VX for such a major late change in policy- don't any of you reading from North America believe for one second that you would be feeling any different for being treated and teased this way. I mean, they even took my effing money once.

Of course you can say it's up to VX to sell to whoever they want, which is true, we have no right to purchase, but I was given a legitimate expectation that has not been met. So VX must be prepared to put up with my whinging when they mess me around, taking my money, then refunding it, all without my complaint, and then say "no" altogether and favour other customers over me for a reasoning that appears to me to be needlessly discriminatory. It doesn't garner love.

I'm sorry for the rant, I don't like whiny posts and it makes me neither happy nor healthy, but it's well deserved IMHO. :(

Yeah I'm also thinking that a 100-240v PSU is STD

Speaking to my hardware engineer at my IT company - there should not be any problems with power as long as you use a proper inventor - he told me it should give 20% more output power than the cloud is producing so if he produces 80 watts then you should own a 100watts inverter...getting a big one (200watts) is useless...

I don't think that VXC is so different than any other electronic company but then again- I leave the expertise to you.

I can understand the reason not wanting to support it since people can buy a bad inverter and ruin the cloud - but that doesn't mean a proper one would damage...

This is not new to me, for about 20 years I've been buying electronic from USA and using it with inventors - and the end the adapters are the ones who dies and not the unit itself.

I think it was a mistake by VXC no to go on a universal PSU but hey, the time for a change is now!!! :)

The 110v and 240v models are outdated...sorry VXC my hoenst opinion and I support you till the end.

hey guy's making fun of vocab, you keyboard warriors who talk shit behind a computer screen. just shut the fuck up ignore it move on. plain and simple english police, because my english is always going to be terrible. When i say something else beisdes the wait. no one says shit so fuck off bro.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be rude or make fun of you. Definitely wasn't talking shit either, just reminding you that lots of people, myself included, have been waiting on the preorder list a hell of a lot longer than two months like you. And I'm sorry but I haven't seen a post made by you in this thread that hasn't said how you can't wait for the Cloud. I watch this thread for updates from SM55 and anyone else from the VXH crew, so when you only post "I preordered 2-28-12" it just gets annoying and adds nothing new to the conversation. Like the dude before me said, we get it, you preordered a couple months ago. It says so in your signature.

nugghuffer,
Reactions: mongorian

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
nugghuffer, while the apology is nice, let's not perpetuate this.

To those of you who are patiently waiting; thank you. For those of you who perpetually feel they need to remind us all that you haven't gotten your Cloud yet and when you ordered, perhaps a new thread needs to be made and maintained by a member; a "waiting list" per se. I think we have seen enough of the "I wish, if only, can't wait, when is it coming comments.

There have been some new developments that have delayed shipments more. Let's not clog up this thread with any more nonsense so that when actual information is posted, it is visible.

vapeArama

Can we get a pic of what your abv loks like at 9?
Is it too hot to hold at the bottom?

the case being too hot for you to hold may not equal a defective cloud.

Gang-THE CASING WILL BE HOT, ESPECIALLY AT THE TOP. Only the abv can tell you if your unit works.

At noon I can grab my cloud no prob, but I have friends who are unable to touch the top half. Bottom line is abv is a nice even brown, not dar, not light, just right.
My hole size looks average size,i can get it to work for 30 min than get to hot to vape even at 9:00,poopmachine cloud doing it too.

vapeArama,

B.

War Criminal
Too hot=combustion?

I don't know why you would "wait" for a vaporizer. Just get a good vape like the underdog or the SSV. In the end, you're still high lol. The vapexhale just makes it more stylish.

Dude I've had an ssv since 05, the differences between it and the cloud go way beyond style.

max

Out to lunch
B. said:

Dude I've had an ssv since 05, the differences between it and the cloud go way beyond style.
The first 3 sentences I'd agree with, at least as far as waiting on a Cloud if you have no vape and want to get vaping ASAP. I would try and get a vape that I would still use once I got a Cloud though, like maybe a portable. But I agree saying the Cloud just makes it more stylish is way off. Style is appearance, and if anyone who's used a Cloud thinks it's just about looks, vs. other models, I'd have to strongly disagree. Certainly if money is an issue, there are many other less expensive models that'll do the job, but sm has never advertised the Cloud as 'nothing else will do', but instead as a vape for the connoisseur.

don't any of you reading from North America believe for one second that you would be feeling any different for being treated and teased this way. I mean, they even took my effing money once. It's just not the way to treat loyal supporters.:(

I feel for you, this is one shitty situation that i don't think the vxh crew has thought through. Is it true that there is an high malfunction rate for the international users? I dont recall having seen any of these users speak up on the forums. I believe if a failure occurs from someone using an unregulated inverter then its the users fault. if someone spent $400+ on a product they would have to be an idiot to use a crappy inverter.

Its unfair to the international users who were close to getting their clouds. If i was in Tylers shoes I'd feel mistreated.

VaporBoxed,
Reactions: Troi

THCMuscle

@THCMUscle

First I can assure you that -- no other vaporizor like the cloud will be released. VXL holds a patent on our design from the inside and out.

Secondly, I want to remind everyone on this forum, that at one point. I was a fan on the other side, from the beginning, wanting a cloud. Then SM55 and I got to know each other, Prior to joining Vapexhale Labs, I am a serial entrepenur and I have been involved in dozens of sucessfull startups that went from 0$ in revenue, to several hundred thousands and revenue and more.

I'm writing this post, as a once a FC native, I understand now that I have distributor status,I ask you all to trust me here that my post is not written to skew the situation, or "lawyer up' for vapexhale. I joined Vapexhale, because as soon as I got to know the enitre team. I have one word for every member "altruists" these guys care more then you can imagine about this community, and about releasing the next generation vaporizer that utilizes all glass, and provides thick consistent vapor on demand.

When you speak about lack of capitol, VXL has invested well over 3 years into developing this product, and well beyond the 7 figure range. Not to mention all the man hours the 5 of us are putting in. The delays have not been excuses rather growing and learning pains around building a vaporizer who's core is a glass tube. (this community has been screaming for an all glass airpath, and we are aiming to achieve that)

Finally, there has been 0 budget cuts made at Vapexhale. Whenever funds were needed for X they have ben made available.

Finally I understand your frustration, but at the same time, rather then making assumptions, if your truly concncered about this, you can alyways give me a cal at 610-613-7964 and I would be very happy to answer the questons you need.

I work 10-18 hours a day on vapexhale, and the forum is one of my tasks for this company. Its frustrating to put your heart and soul into this community, and then to come on here and read assumptions, with very little grounding. I can understand where they are coming from, but i can assure you that your assumptions are false.

THC - I strongly advise you reach out to me, and I will discuss your warranty situation with you, and then we both can get on the same page. If you feel your cloud isn't working right, we will replace it.

Firstly, I appologize for the tone of my first post, it was at the end of a shitty day (and also the first time I've run out of meds in a while).

The only budget cuts I was referring to was the removal of the Cloud Box and Hydratube Stand from the package, this was a huge disapointment to me. Now a top tier vaporizer comes without a box, and people are resorting to second hand wood stands to keep their tubes from toppling over. The MFLB's packaging is elegant and expensive compared to the Cloud's.

My comment about capitol was NOT stating you guys had low capitol, I was stating that if someone wanted to do-better with this design, it would only take a few million. You seemed disapointed in my assumptions. My assumption is that if 5 guys can produce 1m for capitol, a rich individual or large company could easily contribute 10-fold that.

I want a working cloud, So i'll patiently await my returned HT and Cloud.

Top Bottom