Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'll vape at about 1 ish during the day, and 2:30 ish in the evening for a more sedative effect. I'm not near combustion there.

As for the temps...either from VXH or on the heat sleeves that have a temp dial...I take these absolute temps with a grain of salt and to me its just a relative analog dial. If I want more heat, turn it up a bit. Want less heat, turn it down a bit. But as far as absolute temps....nah, I put no credence in that, personaly.

Absolutely! Quoting temps for this vape is pointless .. In fact, since there is some variance in the devices, quoting the dial position is reasonably arbitrary, but it's all we have left to quantify the heat.

caliganja420

B32828-C0-7-AB8-43-CA-9599-4058-DC10-A617.jpg
Well this just happened! Second time breaking my hydra tube!! As we were arguing earlier, definitely not American glass! At all. I was swaying the tube trying to get the droplets of water out, and the mouthpiece just flew right off! Extremely thin shit man! I’ve never had a bong break on me without a drop or a smack. Very disappointed, I am definitely not buying another hydra tube for $150, theyre out of there fucking minds dude. Guess I am going back to the flowerpot after all, it was fun while it lasted (2 weeks LMAO)

MinnBobber

@Rollingstoned , bummer for sure.

I assist several medical patients and try to get them equipment at low cost or I donate it to them.

Any interest in selling that broken HT at low cost or for postage costs?
I cobble on a shitty looking but functional mouthpiece so it functions, but looks like a piece of shit

I can make it work as long as main can/body is not cracked. Also a FYI in case you want to try a fix, it ain’t pretty but it works.

Anybody else have VXL HT with amputated mouthpiece?? I can use them.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
B32828-C0-7-AB8-43-CA-9599-4058-DC10-A617.jpg
Well this just happened! Second time breaking my hydra tube!! As we were arguing earlier, definitely not American glass! At all. I was swaying the tube trying to get the droplets of water out, and the mouthpiece just flew right off! Extremely thin shit man! I’ve never had a bong break on me without a drop or a smack. Very disappointed, I am definitely not buying another hydra tube for $150, theyre out of there fucking minds dude. Guess I am going back to the flowerpot after all, it was fun while it lasted (2 weeks LMAO)

Damn! Sorry to see that!

You can buy some pretty inexpensive glass from DHGATE that's not as advanced as VXL but is made of thick glass - How about a D020-D bubbler? I've been using the D020-D for years. You can invert the EVO as long as you don't leave it inverted. I take my hit and set the EVO back down (not inverted). There are also plenty of other DHGATE cheap glass in HT form that is made of thick glass that won't bring tears to your eyes price wise or if you break it.

SatanLovestoVape

Second time breaking my hydra tube!! As we were arguing earlier, definitely not American glass! At all. I was swaying the tube trying to get the droplets of water out, and the mouthpiece just flew right off! Extremely thin shit man! I’ve never had a bong break on me without a drop or a smack. Very disappointed, I am definitely not buying another hydra tube for $150, theyre out of there fucking minds dude
That is a rough one man. I have a China honeycomb hydratube that cost me like $30 on Dhgate. I also have a graphite precision hydrabomb for $150. There is a few differences between the the two. The China Hydratube is much heavier than my hydrabomb. It does feel cheap sealing you lips around the mouthpiece compare to the precision hydrabomb. Also, the filtration from the precision hydrabomb is a lot better than my China Hydratube. These are the key differences between my stock precision hydrabomb compare to my China hydratube. I will definitely invested into some Dhgate hydratubes as backup.

CANtalk

Systematic evidence based analytics is the basis of scientific assessment and finding objective information. With that in mind, I'm struggling with the evidence and BS flags posted rebutting the reasonable-ness of EVO temp estimates. Feel free to disagree with my position but let's try to stick with facts and objective information and be nice.
I'm sorry, I got to throw a bit of a BS flag here....again, I think. I run at about 1:30 on the dial, I def get full extraction, and I'm no where near 440F.
Just because the dial placement is "quite common" doesn't mean that you (and others) are fully extracting AVB. That's literally subjective feedback, inference and extrapolation; its also a false equivalency fallacy, an appeal to popularity fallacy, a sweeping generalization fallacy and a confirmation bias fallacy. The weight of evidence overwhelmingly shows most people simply don't fully extract their AVB (regardless of the vape); look at temps used, AVB pictures and feedback from most people! Unless the AVB is very dark brown (pushing black) one is not fully extracting AVB. This is basic stuff. And I'm not surprised most people don't fully extract their AVB because the high temps necessary mean flavors suffer and vapor becomes notably harsher. I don't fully extract either!. I also don't doubt that there's lots of cannabis/AVB extraction at the lower temps/settings used by @Baron23 and others (including myself!).... but that's not the point being debated. I haven't seen anyone post up a picture in this thread of dark brown to black AVB from EVO 1:30 dial settings (other than malfunctioning ones such as cracked bamboos), but if anyone has it by all means post pictures/details up.
Perhaps @CANtalk unit runs cold as I have found the dial placement I use to be quite common among other owners and that we all seem to get definitely, absolutely, well extracted AVB and are nowhere near combustion.
Well-extracted is not fully extracted (as mentioned above)... semantics/details matter and it's disingenuous to conflate those two things. By all means post up some pictures of your AVB! Put some pics to your words of definitely and absolutely. Vaguely comparing your use to others to infer full extraction is a big unhelpful assumption. Data and details matter. That's why I've shared data and pictures. If you're talking well-extracted then by all means there's no issues here, that's a personal value judgement.

Why would my unit run cold? There's no evidence of this. I've mentioned before I vape at 11 o'clock on the dial and get lots of clouds. It also can run up to 3 o'clock without combustion. This performance, the heater behavior and the results are in general agreement with what others report for usage with the EVO... correlating reasonably well with the VapeXhale temp estimates and with the use of other digital temp-set evapes.

As for the temps...either from VXH or on the heat sleeves that have a temp dial...I take these absolute temps with a grain of salt and to me its just a relative analog dial. If I want more heat, turn it up a bit. Want less heat, turn it down a bit. But as far as absolute temps....nah, I put no credence in that, personally.
I never said the temp estimates on the heat sleeves were "absolute"... where is this absolutism and inaccurate referencing coming from?? And why is it being done?? All along I've been posting ranges of temps and often using the ~ symbol which is literally defined as "about". I've also used relative language and qualified such statements too, calling temps a "reasonable estimate". I've further supplied supporting evidence and information on multiple occasions.

Labeling the EVO design setup as a "relative analog dial" is misleading and only a small piece of the picture. The EVO heater setting and temperature control design uses long-proven reliable and accurate technology with a microprocessor controlled potentiometer setup and a temperature sensor, resulting in high resolution and low drift, https://www.fierceelectronics.com/e...ution-every-engineer-needs-to-consider-modern.

If anyone has any objective quantitative evidence showing that the EVO temp estimates are not reasonable then that by all means share it. I'm here to share and learn.

Finally, as with all full convection vapes that do not have an internal fan or air pump (think Volcano), absolute temp of the air at the load is going to be dependent to some extent on draw rate. Slower it should be a bit hotter, faster a bit cooler. So again, I view manufacturer data about absolute temps with full convection devices with a jaundiced eye.
Sure, there will be some variability to temp with air at the load depending on draw. A bit hotter or cooler as you say, but here again is absolutism that I never posted about or subscribed to. There are lots more variables with temperature estimates as well, such as the sensing technology, location, responsiveness, accuracy, etc. I have not said and am not saying that manufacturer data about temps are absolutely accurate. Rather, I've said they can be reasonable estimates, and subscribe to that... a good reasonable guide; it's a heater metric incorporated on so many electric vapes.

Let's try to be accurate in words, details and specifics; they matter because if we can't accurately describe what the context of our information is then the information is unhelpful. It's about the information, not the poster or individual. And it's too bad when responses stray into derogatory territory.

To overall reiterate, I never posted saying the temp estimates were absolute and I never said they were invariable. Thus far, I've found from the overall weight of evidence with the EVO that the sleeve temp settings are reasonable estimates. I don't doubt that, based on manufacturing variability as well as use variability, temp estimate settings may be a little different from EVO to EVO and owner to owner... but they shouldn't be hugely different. I never thought this would be controversial.

How much variability is out there from EVO to EVO and owner to owner? I haven't seen a lot of variability on one hand but no one really knows either since few have shared AVB pictures, details and heater/temp settings. I think all of this is an interesting topic and was simply sharing what I've found. Debate rooted in inference without supporting evidence and pictures like AVB is unhelpful ... by all means contribute to the knowledge base!

I'll vape at about 1 ish during the day, and 2:30 ish in the evening for a more sedative effect. I'm not near combustion there.
Makes sense and sound reasonable to me. I do the same and definitely find the higher temps more sedative.

Absolutely! Quoting temps for this vape is pointless .. In fact, since there is some variance in the devices, quoting the dial position is reasonably arbitrary, but it's all we have left to quantify the heat.
If people are comfortable estimating dial position to quantify heat (I think it is) then it's no different to estimate temp by dial position... it's all based on the same considerations and inputs. And I don't find estimating temps pointless since I can use it to compare the EVO and its outcomes to other vapes with digital temp settings. It works reasonably well in my experience... eg., the EVO at ~320 F is reasonably similar to other vapes I've used at ~320 F (and so on with other estimated temp settings). More info above.

I don't understand the tie-in to heater setting variance. Nothing is absolute, so variance in-and-of-itself is not unexpected. No one knows the amount of variance in the EVO, or other vapes for that matter (other than malfunctioning units are significantly off), so it's all arbitrary in the end. With that in mind, I find it's okay and reasonable to give temp estimates. Ergo, if dial position with the EVO is a reasonable of estimate heat/temp levels then temperatures can also be generally inferred from the dial position... you can't subscribe to one without the other.

Ugly @Rollingstoned :(. @macbill and a few others have reported having American glass break from being too thin, etc... it happens and American glass does not guarantee 100% quality unfortunately. I've seen a number of people report breaking bongs without a drop or smack... sadly :cry: .

I totally understand being gun-shy on buying another expensive hydratube with that experience. As @His_Highness @SatanLovestoVape and @InhaleExhale all mention, consider China glass such as DHgate as an option. That glass is much cheaper, though my experience has been hit and miss with them too. Maybe a regular 18mm bong is the way to go, cheap, often local and as mentioned use the EVO inverted. Unfortunately all glass is a bit of a crap shoot no matter the source. My condolences, that's terrible.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

CANtalk

There you go. Also, I have been running mine at about 2:30. I am trying to get medicated quickly and extract my herb as dark as possible. I only use the EVO with my wife, so we pass it back and forth, each doing our own bowls. I am filling about halfway, with no tamp, just a light Poke. I get about solid 4-5 hits per half bowl. Abv is very dark, coffee roast brown, very comparable to my VROD. I have tried putting one scoop in there, and it didint really go that dark. So I will stick with packing about 2 and half scoops with my Delta 3D studios scoop https://delta3dstudios.com/scoop-n-tamp-vape-tool/
I have stopped using my flowerpot because it is extremely harsh on my throat and lungs, I believe it releases chemicals at such high temps (650 on the controller). Also it got my glass filthy, even with the double weave screen, I could see chunks of resin all over my bong. Unlike the EVO, very clean high, very clean bong
Sorry, had to split up these posts. Thx for the info and comparison @Rollingstoned :tup:. It's great and useful. I hope ur bad glass experience doesn't keep you from the EVO (but understandable either way, bad experiences are hard to overcome). Your contributions and feedback are most appreciated :nod:. I hope you get things sorted out and best of luck.

TGIF. Happy EVO Friday all :tup:. May you all find some r&r... and enjoyment. It's great to see members post personal pics, so I should contribute as well. Here's a picture of a first-for-me batch of Red Congolese (not shared in my other new posts on FC).
fkriw51t9oq41.jpg

Here's a few better pictures too for those interested (already posted elsewhere)...
https://i.redd.it/7m5qn8ez6oq41.jpg
https://i.redd.it/zttevbe18oq41.jpg

Have a great weekend and best wishes in these crazy times :tinfoil:.

Last edited:

mscm888

Someone broke into my garage and pilfered my old glass collection. I was thrilled to find the FC.com bubbler wrapped in pink bubble somehow got left behind. I was heartbroken to realize my original Cloud Buddy was among the taken.

The silver lining is I'm now motivated to get the old FC.com bubbler back into my Cloud rotation but need a new mouthpiece (also taken) and something to replace the functionality of the Cloud Buddy.

Hope everyone is staying safe and enjoying their Clouds. Mines been treating me just fine during these interesting times.

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
Recently picked one of these up and I've had more trouble than success and am seeking feedback.

Flavor was the main reason I picked up this device; I expected pure flavor at low temps but had burnt popcorn notes on the second draw at the noon position or lower. XHL said it was to be expected as the low temp constituents vaporized first leaving behind the less desirable high temp. They suggested running at 2:00 and I have to admit better flavor but find the extraction too quick for my preference. Was I wrong expecting I could slip flavorful low temp draws from this device?

Baskets are difficult to fill as material clings to the sides and I can't tell how full they are. Their also difficult to clean and only brushing leaves behind spent material. They are getting gummy after only a few loads, not good for flavor. The basket below was loaded 4 times and thoroughly brushed each time.

How loose is the dial on the EVO meant to be? I find mine is very loose and can I accidentally adjust it during use.

Sometimes the device can't decide if it's fully heated and blinks between red and green. I saw a few posts mention this can be a result of cold air but occurred in a warm room.

Last edited:

CANtalk

Recently picked one of these up and I've had more trouble than success and am seeking feedback.

Flavor was the main reason I picked up this device; I expected pure flavor at low temps but had burnt popcorn notes on the second draw at the noon position or lower. XHL said it was to be expected as the low temp constituents vaporized first leaving behind the less desirable high temp. They suggested running at 2:00 and I have to admit better flavor but find the extraction too quick for my preference. Was I wrong expecting I could slip flavorful low temp draws from this device?

Baskets are difficult to fill as material clings to the sides and I can't tell how full they are. Their also difficult to clean and only brushing leaves behind spent material. They are getting gummy after only a few loads, not good for flavor. The basket below was loaded 4 times and thoroughly brushed each time.

How loose is the dial on the EVO meant to be? I find mine is very loose and can I accidentally adjust it during use.

Sometimes the device can't decide if it's fully heated and blinks between red and green. I saw a few posts mention this can be a result of cold air but occurred in a warm room.
Quiet in the thread, so here's my two cents :2c: of experience. Flavor is such a subjective metric, it's difficult to give a straight-forward answer to your questions @CastIronHits. Have you tried a bunch of different heater/temp settings? I recommend trying a bunch and see how it goes... and if you can find a sweet spot. I like to do much of my vaping and extraction at 11 o'clock on the dial for example while others often vape at higher temps... and I've seen some owners go down to 10 o'clock (even a bit lower). If one vapes smaller amounts, especially with even moderate draws, the flavors may not last very long. I don't do much sipping with vapes so I don't know how long flavors can be expected to go on. Hopefully some sippers can post their feedback.

Try to check the integrity of the bamboo in your EVO as well. A cracked bamboo can often lead to some performance shortcomings. When the unit is cold, plug the bottom bamboo hole with your finger and put the top opening over your mouth, suck or blow a bit of air into it and make sure that there's a pressure build up (or vacuum buildup). The bamboo should not leak air.

There are a number of loading tools available that can help make the basket easier to fill; many of us have picked one up and never looked back. And cleaning the basket more thoroughly can help with keeping it clean. I too used to see the basket get a bit sticky and gummy... and I would resort to some hot water rinsing in the sink every after every load or two (it helped). Since then however, I've changed from ISO to PBW (plus hot water) and an ultrasonic cleaner; the ELBs sparkle clean now and don't get significantly sticky or gummy with flower in my use. I also use small brushes @macbill has posted about (a number of times) and they work well to keep the basket clean with some quick brushing between the PBW and ultrasonic cleaner use. I've been able to use the basket with 8-10 loads over the course of a weekend and all I need to do to clean is a quick brush and maybe blow it out a bit after each load, no significant material remains stuck to the basket. I no longer bother with any mid-use hot water rinsing either. It working so well I'm still using the first basket I started with when I got my EVO over a year ago. Kief, otoh, can get sticky and gummy in the basket in short order, but if I can't brush or rinse it out quickly (with hot water) then the PBW and ultrasonic cleaner does the job in a few minutes.

I too find the dial on the EVO can be easy to inadvertently disturb. I've tried to be careful since I took a mental note of that, and have now accidentally moved it only a couple times in hundreds of uses.

The red and green blinking is an indicator that the heater timed out and is no longer on (the EVO heater has a 45 minute <iirc> timer). The heater can be reset by turning the unit off and on.

Good luck with the EVO and hope you can continue to refine the experience and get where you want. Hope the info is helpful too. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
You can also slide one of those wristbands you see on EVOs down until it touches the dial and it will help hold it in your desired spot. Mine loosened up after several years and seems to turn easier on me and I’ve done this trick and it works well.

caliganja420

AB1013-B1-C6-A0-4-A30-9-B09-3-D30-FA2682-CA.jpg

I am proud to be back!! Thank you to the very kind folks at VapeXhale for getting me this tube extremely fast. These guys literally went above and beyond my expectations, and I am back to my daily routine. The flavor, is out of the ordinary, it’s like drinking mineral water. After 4 hits at 2:30, my abv is dark brown, coffee roast, absolutely no green or yellow. Worth every penny, and goes to a fantastic company. And I thought S&B customer service was great... these guys knocked it out the ballpark. I am extremely medicated after 1 ELB (half pack), and I have a damn high tolerance. Round 2 here I come!

CANtalk

AB1013-B1-C6-A0-4-A30-9-B09-3-D30-FA2682-CA.jpg

I am proud to be back!! Thank you to the very kind folks at VapeXhale for getting me this tube extremely fast. These guys literally went above and beyond my expectations, and I am back to my daily routine. The flavor, is out of the ordinary, it’s like drinking mineral water. After 4 hits at 2:30, my abv is dark brown, coffee roast, absolutely no green or yellow. Worth every penny, and goes to a fantastic company. And I thought S&B customer service was great... these guys knocked it out the ballpark. I am extremely medicated after 1 ELB (half pack), and I have a damn high tolerance. Round 2 here I come!
Great news @Rollingstoned :tup: and congratulations. It's nice to hear when a manufacturer/supplier goes above and beyond. May your hydratube issues be behind you :bowdown:. Continued feedback on your EVO use is most appreciated; you're one of the only high temp rippers posting (I temp step and am not a ripper). Flavors are top notch :). Just riffing on your use... I think if you go slow on the draw you can bump up the dial to ~3 o'clock and extract in one or two draws. Forewarning though, while no one knows how much, there will be an added risk of combustion. Sweet hydratube choice. Cool picture. And nice setup you have there :clap:.

TGI EVO Friday :tup:. With fresh-clean glass, nails and ELBs (cleaned weekly and going the extra distance with hot PBW water and an ultrasonic cleaner), I'm good to go and just temp stepped some flower in the ELB with the EVO. The plan is two dry sessions a few hours apart at low temps (11 on the dial) and then later again one last session at 2:30 on the dial wet. The last high temp session will have shorter draw times as well. This time I went with Red Congolese, Acapulco Gold and Sour Tangie in the ELB for the first load. Great combo; highly recommended. All strong sativas.

Hope y'all enjoy this Friday.

And I hope you get that sticky ELB issue sorted @CastIronHits. It's a PITA.

Last edited:

MileHighHuman

Uh, where the big ass heating coil is located?

I think that coil is about 4” long or so but once it’s heat soaked I should think the bamboo temp all along it should be very similar

Yeah I just now found this https://imgur.com/a/IDW3v

Really was asking because I planned to put spheres in the bamboo, but I forgot how the hole gets very small and won't so not many spheres would fit anyways.

Thx :peace:

I wonder why they make this vape so tall if the heater is that small?

Last edited:

CANtalk

@CastIronHits, here are some pictures showing my own ELB conditions with use. I hope this added info is helpful. This long weekend, after using my previously clean ELB with ~11 different flower loads, is a picture of its condition. I think the ELB looks pretty good and in use did not feel impaired at all. The ELBs were quickly cleaned between the fresh bowls by simply using @macbill's small brushes and blowing some air through the screen.
die8d7swzus41.jpg

Here's the same ELB after more use and ~16 bowls now. One bowl was kief as well. It was still only being cleaned as mentioned above. The ELB was getting a little sticky at this point.
7sjra6qi0vs41.jpg

It was a good weekend.

I ended up using the EVO into holiday Easter Monday here. It was great and relaxing... I enjoyed mixing some VapeXnail use in as well Sat and Sun. I continue to find the EVO works very well with small amounts of concentrates; I get big clouds and excellent flavors at low temps. Stacking a VapeXnail with an ELB of flower brought the goods late one evening too :science: :evil:. Be careful with stacking :evil:. And on Easter Monday, the EVO along with some sativa leaning Golden Goat was a helpful aid through the day and during the making of the household holiday family meal (a large ham). It was more discrete vape usage that day, but easy to do with the EVO :nod:. I mixed in some cannabis brownies too ;).

Ended up having a great chill day. And it was nice to share a holiday meal with family (even if it was less family in these crazy times). I hope everyone had a nice Easter long weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom