Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

justcametomind

I've had an on/off cannabis relationship for the past month. I way over did it one night and had horrible anxiety that I couldn't shake for a couple of weeks. So I took some time off, then started to come back slowly. Back on a break, and today has been rough as far as anxiety goes. I've been trying to catch up on the micro dose thread, and I think I will explore that option more once I come back to it. :rockon:
Hi on cbd strains usually work well for me but t breaks sure help a lot.

Last edited:

CANtalk

Sorry to hear about the continued anxiety issues @nonamekevin. That can be a bugbear for sure with some people. Microdosing has been helpful for me overall. Good luck and let us know how it goes as you lean back in.

That dab with the EVO last night was impressive. It was another one-hitter low temp dab... and even wet, the vapor was dense and potent :evil: :zombie:. It was a very enjoyable ride into the later evening.

Here's a picture of the ELB with ~0.035 grams weighed from this weekend. (Measured with 62% Boveda mason storage cannabis)

nwcfh5aj7bo41.jpg

The EVO delivers always in all ways ;). Sunday today, I vaped a small ELB of Afghan Kush at 12 on the heater dial dry, later finished wet at higher temps. Time for R&R here, enjoy the weekend.

:peace: :leaf:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Firstly I want to say, whilst I love this vape, I mean I really love it, it's not without its shortcomings. Many of the posts here are bordering on hyperbolic and I'd like to redress the balance.

I love the flavour, I can taste more of my herb for longer compared with any other vape I own. I love low temp dabbing with this thing, at about 11 to 11:30 you can get very tasty thick clouds with little of that burnt tyre taste as it gets to the end. I don't have concentrates available to purchase so rely on making them myself, no doubt some of the crappy taste is down to me. I love the vape station stand thing, being able to load and line up several bowls, and nails is a godsend! I have an acute sleep disorder that requires more than one bowl to help me get off to sleep, if I wake up at night, only waiting for the heat soak without needing to turn the light on, before consuming a bowl or 2 is a blessing.

What I don't love.... The ELBs are badly named. They are not easy to load! I made a little scoop that makes it easier but still... I hate that you really need to stir to ensure full extraction, even at high temps. They clog up very quickly and benefit from regular cleaning.

The nails are fiddly in every respect. The hole is small which means you need to use some thought when loading the dab tool so you don't make a mess on the outside of the nail. The burn off clean works ok but will leave a slight residue that gradually builds up. An ISO soak and ultrasonic cleaner sorts that out though, I just wish I could use cotton buds for intermittent cleans but they aren't long enough for that to work easily. I prefer to draw faster than the nails are designed to work at but that's just a technique thing.

That dammed time out! 90 percent of the time a quick power cycle solves this but it's annoying when you want a hit and realise the time out has occurred. Not great for a medical user but I have my dynavap if I need something quickly. A smart plug goes a long way to fixing this of course.

Analogue only is a very personal annoyance. It would be useful to have some kind of temperature sensor somewhere, I don't need to know the bowl temp, just want to be able to repeat settings easily. I might need to add a sensor somewhere... Thing is if I'm going to open it up to do that, I could change the potentiometer for a digital one, and hook it up to an MCU for a wifi smart vape setup. Not sure I want to risk breaking my favourite vape though.

Still enjoying the Evo very much though so thanks VapExhale, you've produced a great device!

pcs420

Hi guys , had a very scary incident with the EVO .

switched unit on to take a hit and after 10 minutes or so the glass was glowing orange and started to smoke , it has obviously malfunctioned and overheated .

not sure whether to use again due to heat damage of internal components .

just worries me when see posts of people leaving them on un attended or on timers as i'm sure it would of caused fire in no time if I was not present at the time .

please stay safe .

also I loved my evo and will buy again when this madness ends

Baron23

The ELBs are badly named. They are not easy to load! I made a little scoop

This fits perfectly in the mouth of an ELB and indeed does make it easy to load, IMO

https://www.newvape.com/pax-loading-tool

NV-Pax-Loading-Tool.jpg

I hate that you really need to stir to ensure full extraction, even at high temps.

I run at 1:15 to 1:30 on the dial and only stir once, when the vapor tails off, and I just lift the lid of the ELB and stir with an old lady's hat pin, then pop the lid on for one last hit that frankly is more to satisfy me than it is to get much more cannabinoids out of the load (cause while I do get a hit...it really feels mostly like an empty hit...the last hit off of the cherry in a pipe, if you will)

The nails are fiddly in every respect.

I never run concentrates in my EVO. This is a premier flower vape, and as many company's feel the need to make very frakin vape into a Swiss Army Knife, the 'trates just seems like a half baked add on to me. I just don't gunk up flower vapes with 'trates. Its just unnecessary to me and I prefer to use my flower optimized vapes for flower and my 'trates optimized vapes for 'trates.

Cheaper and far more effective ways to vape concentrates, IMO, than with EVO nails.

That dammed time out!

Yeah, I wish it was longer or just plain not there. But their liability lawyer probably insists and for a very good reason.

I don't need to know the bowl temp, just want to be able to repeat settings easily. I might need to add a sensor somewhere

There is a temp sensor in there....that's how it determines when to go from red to green and IME the temp is highly repeatable. If you ever look at what is inside, there is a very large "hot runner" type coil with a thermocouple (TC) in the end. The TC sends back a voltage and based on that the unit determines temp. Yes, its analog....which is fine by me. I haven't found a firmware bug in my four years of ownership (yeah, cause there ain't none) and Apple has not deleted the app (cause, again, there just ain't one).

I enjoyed your post and its always good to see another perspective on things.

Cheers

Hi guys , had a very scary incident with the EVO .

switched unit on to take a hit and after 10 minutes or so the glass was glowing orange and started to smoke , it has obviously malfunctioned and overheated .

not sure whether to use again due to heat damage of internal components .

just worries me when see posts of people leaving them on un attended or on timers as i'm sure it would of caused fire in no time if I was not present at the time .

please stay safe .

also I loved my evo and will buy again when this madness ends

I would def NOT use it. I would bet some serious money that the thermocouple on the heating coil failed so the unit keeps pumping in current thinking it still has more to go to hit set temp when in fact its being driving to glowing.

I had this happen with a hot runner type coil on a banger dab rig. I turned it on and when I came back in 15 minutes or so the controller was still showing 140F while the banger was screaming hot. I just needed to replace the coil.

See if VXH will do a repair for you, is my suggestion.

kyle2119

Welp, it happened I saw a spider and and now I need a new mouthpiece. I ordered one last night but it hasn't shipped yet. Is the company still in business? They haven't posted to any social media in a while, and no replies to my email.

Also, if anyone knows where I can get another non water piece for my vape that would be amazing.

kyle2119,
Reactions: BigJr48

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Welp, it happened I saw a spider and and now I need a new mouthpiece. I ordered one last night but it hasn't shipped yet. Is the company still in business? They haven't posted to any social media in a while, and no replies to my email.

Also, if anyone knows where I can get another non water piece for my vape that would be amazing.

They are in business, and have some nice pieces available. Check out the Helio.

https://www.xhl3.com/collections/glass-mouthpieces

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Do you know if they are still shipping? Also I prefer no water filtration

I have something on the way, so yes. Any of them can be used without water, but if you want one made strictly for dry go with the Helio. Several of us have one, it's a nice piece. If you scroll back a page or two CANtalk has posted up some pics.

MileHighHuman

it says on the website that they take 5-7 business days to ship. You've only waited 1 day.

MileHighHuman,

kyle2119

it says on the website that they take 5-7 business days to ship. You've only waited 1 day.
It's 5-7 days for the product to get to my house? Or 5-7 for them to start the shipping process. I would at least expect a shipping label to be printed by this point

kyle2119,

MileHighHuman

It's 5-7 days for the product to get to my house? Or 5-7 for them to start the shipping process. I would at least expect a shipping label to be printed by this point

5-7 days until they drop it off at their local post office. Also it says "usually 5-7 days" so that time period isn't even really guaranteed. You'll get your package. It might just take one week.

MileHighHuman

Has anyone used the EVO with a glass adapter as the bowl instead of the ELB?

That would make it 100% glass and allow for more material to be loaded for bigger rips.

Im curious if it has enough power to perform the same when the flower is further away from the heater?

Also, anyone else experimented with adding glass spheres to inside of the bamboo to try and improve the extraction speed?

Baron23

Just read it, man. Its is fairly large font at the top of their webpage with all of the glass, underlining added by me:

"All orders usually ship within 5 -7 business days.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Has anyone used the EVO with a glass adapter as the bowl instead of the ELB?

That would make it 100% glass and allow for more material to be loaded for bigger rips.

Im curious if it has enough power to perform the same when the flower is further away from the heater?

Also, anyone else experimented with adding glass spheres to inside of the bamboo to try and improve the extraction speed?
https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p41/The_Concentration_Chamber.html This looks like an all glass vapour path solution.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
If that is a size 18 mm female adaptor, you can make a whip with a tube for hitting directly off the EVO, or with another glass adaptor and tubing, mate with a glass piece. They work great. Still need regular ELBs though.

What if you put ground cannabis in a glass nail on high? Who wants to try?

MileHighHuman

A glass ELB that fits inside the glass adapter to the EVO.
18_FEMALE_ADAPTER_300x.png
s366828541479040465_p41_i10_w640.jpeg

I stil dont see how this is related to the EVO. I was talking about taking this type of adapter and using it as a bowl for the flowers instead of an ELB

https://7thfloorvapes.com/media/cat...d27136e95/e/l/elev8r_black_update-016-web.jpg

If that is a size 18 mm female adaptor, you can make a whip with a tube for hitting directly off the EVO, or with another glass adaptor and tubing, mate with a glass piece. They work great. Still need regular ELBs though.

What if you put ground cannabis in a glass nail on high? Who wants to try?

combustion happens and it taste gross.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
I stil dont see how this is related to the EVO. I was talking about taking this type of adapter and using it as a bowl for the flowers instead of an ELB

https://7thfloorvapes.com/media/cat...d27136e95/e/l/elev8r_black_update-016-web.jpg

combustion happens and it taste gross.
The ELB is still needed for the EVO no matter what for flowers. The flower has to be in the ELB inside the glass bamboo in order to work. Will not work above the heater in a glass bowl. Even with the EVO all the way up, The vapour would be light.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
This fits perfectly in the mouth of an ELB and indeed does make it easy to load, IMO
agreed, a tool makes it much easier! They could easily supply one, even cheaply enough to be included in a pack of bowls, it doesn't need to be as fancy as the new vape one!
I run at 1:15 to 1:30 on the dial and only stir once, when the vapor tails off
me too, although I tend to stir earlier to avoid the disappointing last draw.

I never run concentrates in my EVO. This is a premier flower vape, and as many company's feel the need to make very frakin vape into a Swiss Army Knife, the 'trates just seems like a half baked add on to me. I just don't gunk up flower vapes with 'trates. Its just unnecessary to me and I prefer to use my flower optimized vapes for flower and my 'trates optimized vapes for 'trates.

Cheaper and far more effective ways to vape concentrates, IMO, than with EVO nails.
I live firmly in prohibition land and do not have access to enough concentrates to justify a dedicated device unless it's very reasonably priced. I have a torch and a couple of bangers, I'm just not very good at getting repeatable hits. I find the Evo to be much more reliable and efficient because of my inexperience.

Yeah, I wish it was longer or just plain not there. But their liability lawyer probably insists and for a very good reason.
they should get in touch with the lawyers that airizer use! The EQ doesn't have an issue with being on 24 hours a day! This is an expensive unit, it wouldn't break the bank to put in a secondary protective circuit to further prevent thermal runaway, something that I think we can address aftermarket by using a power monitoring smart switch.
There is a temp sensor in there...
I see your point, but it's more thermal control than a sensor. The accuracy of the green light is too fluffy for my liking, the knob can be adjusted 15 to 20 mins each side without changing colour, I'd prefer something more quantifiable if possible. I understand this is quite personal
I enjoyed your post and its always good to see another perspective on things.
thanks! I enjoyed yours very much too!

caliganja420

Started using my EVO again, I am trying to get the darkest ABV possible without having to go to high in temp. I am a flowerpot user so I usually vape around 655, and after 2-3 hits my load is completely extracted, dark brown. With the EVO I have been using it around 2:45 - 3 o’clock, packing about halfway, light tamp, I get about 3-5 hits. I can’t believe most of y’all are using it at 12 o’clock! Must be some light abv. @Baron23 any tips for me?

Top Bottom