Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Baron23

Started using my EVO again, I am trying to get the darkest ABV possible without having to go to high in temp. I am a flowerpot user so I usually vape around 655, and after 2-3 hits my load is completely extracted, dark brown. With the EVO I have been using it around 2:45 - 3 o’clock, packing about halfway, light tamp, I get about 3-5 hits. I can’t believe most of y’all are using it at 12 o’clock! Must be some light abv. @Baron23 any tips for me?
Wow, maybe our units run at dif temps for a given dial setting?

I run at 1:15 - 1:30, I don't think I have EVER run at 3:00!

I tend to put about .15 - .17 g in at a time...I use a NV scoop and a level of fine grind is right about .1g so that's my measure.

I vape and get maybe 4 good hits (highly dependent on the quality of the flower, right), stir, and get one more hit.

My AVB is utterly acceptable to me and I'm def not a low temp, flavor chaser, type guy. I want it extracted.

I do find that with longer heat soak the unit extracts better...well, faster and a bit hotter, right? Yeah, after 10 minutes its good to go...after a half hour (and I do switch it off and on to get around the frakin auto-shutoff timer) its better.

That's all I have to offer, friend. Sorry.

InhaleExhale

Best method of loading an ELB is Delta3dstudios.com ELB Loading Tool. I measure out my dose on a milligram scale and can dump right into the ELB. I can't imagine life without this tool! Also plenty of other scoops and doo-dads at Delta3dstudios.com. The owner is a member here too @Ratchett

Edited to add:

I don't seem to need to stir the contents of my ELB during a session. I tend to load under 0.1 gram and when hitting I imagine the cannabis bubbling around like popping popcorn when taking a hit. I find ABV on the lid of the ELB at the end of my session to confirm this. I imagine if you tightly stuff an ELB you'd need to stir.

Last edited:

SatanLovestoVape

The Cloud Evo has amazing flavor. It is the most flavorful vaporizer I owned. Every time I pack a new bowl the flavor hits me, so hard my taste buds feeling like they are dancing. I am really loving this vaporizer and is definitely consider an end game vaporizer unless the Evo team conjured up an updated version. My first experience with this vape was not so good. I was experiencing combustion around 12 o'clock perhaps that is what I deserve for buying it on Ebay. The abv was brown bits but mostly ashy black. Months went by I finally decided to send it back. The Evo team quickly repair my vape free of charge all I had to do is pay for shipping to send it back. Now, my Evo has a second life and been performing as expected. The 12oclock gives me a nice brown abv. I also really enjoy versatility of the Evo. I can connect this vape to any waterpipe with the whip, use it dry, or a hydratube. The function of the Evo is really limitless.

Last edited:

wildything

The Cloud Evo has amazing flavor. It is the most flavorful vaporizer I owned. Every time I pack a new bowl the flavor hits me, so hard my taste buds feeling like they are dancing. I am really loving this vaporizer and is definitely consider an end game vaporizer unless the Evo team conjured up an updated version. My first experience with this vape was not so good. I was experiencing combustion around 12 o'clock perhaps that is what I deserve for buying it on Ebay. The abv was brown bits but mostly ashy black. Months went by I finally decided to send it back. The Evo team quickly repair my vape free of charge all I had to do is pay for shipping to send it back. Now, my Evo has a second life and been performing as expected. The 12oclock gives me a nice brown abv. I also really enjoy versatility of the Evo. I can connect this vape to any waterpipe with the whip, use it dry, or a hydratube. The function of the Evo is really limitless.
Also can use it inverted with the appropriate adapters to connect to any glass without a whip. :rockon:

MileHighHuman

Whats the most material that can fit into an ELB, but still have the proper amount of airflow?

I know its usually in-between filling the ELB 50% or 75%, but im curious how much that is in weight. Thx!

MileHighHuman,
Reactions: BigJr48

CANtalk

Hi guys , had a very scary incident with the EVO. switched unit on to take a hit and after 10 minutes or so the glass was glowing orange and started to smoke , it has obviously malfunctioned and overheated. not sure whether to use again due to heat damage of internal components. just worries me when see posts of people leaving them on un attended or on timers as i'm sure it would of caused fire in no time if I was not present at the time. please stay safe. also I loved my evo and will buy again when this madness ends
Sorry to hear that @pcs420 :(, it's happened before to a few others here with older units. How new is your EVO? Definitely send it in to get fixed and see if you can get VapeXhale to tell you what happened. A hazardous failure for sure. Yet some have left theirs on 24 hrs a day for 3+ years with no issues, :shrug:. I turn mine off to be safest. I hope you are taken care of and get your EVO fixed. Let us know how you proceed and hope you get back to it.
They are in business, and have some nice pieces available. Check out the Helio. https://www.xhl3.com/collections/glass-mouthpieces
It's great to hear you're enjoying the Helio @Relaxed :tup:.
I asked Seibo (stonemonkey55) this question several years ago at a live tasting event and he said that the glass gets too hot and leads to combustion.
Thx for that @jimdee :tup:. I don't know why that would happen though? Anyone want to take a shot at explaining why? The ELB is located above the ceramic heater, a good location to put a glass ELB without being exposed to 'direct' heat. There will be come conduction but not too much since the 18mm male connector is not a burn hazard. Imo, it should work as long as the glass ELB wasn't very deep (like the nail).
Started using my EVO again, I am trying to get the darkest ABV possible without having to go to high in temp. I am a flowerpot user so I usually vape around 655, and after 2-3 hits my load is completely extracted, dark brown. With the EVO I have been using it around 2:45 - 3 o’clock, packing about halfway, light tamp, I get about 3-5 hits. I can’t believe most of y’all are using it at 12 o’clock! Must be some light abv...
Thx for the feecback @Rollingstoned, much appreciated. Sounds normal and like ripper talk :tup:... rippers are an enthusiastic group for sure :). No need to tamp the ELB in my experience. Do you rip dry or wet? I finish small ELBs at 2:30 o'clock and my AVB could go darker (and I'm sure I've strayed to 2:45 a few times). I believe I could do 3 o'clock, even a little higher with a good consistent routine and accounting for all the convection variables (heatsoak amount, draw speed, draw time, etc.) I vape 62% Boveda mason jar stored cannabis, another variable to account for. As for AVB color, check it out below, what do you think? It's vaped to 2:30 or so.
Wow, maybe our units run at dif temps for a given dial setting? I run at 1:15 - 1:30, I don't think I have EVER run at 3:00!My AVB is utterly acceptable to me and I'm def not a low temp, flavor chaser, type guy. I want it extracted. I do find that with longer heat soak the unit extracts better...well, faster and a bit hotter, right? Yeah, after 10 minutes its good to go...after a half hour (and I do switch it off and on to get around the frakin auto-shutoff timer) its better.
@Baron23, interesting... with 1:30 settings it may be your unit is running at diff temps and off :shrug:. In normal EVO operation, 1:30 on the dial is at a reported ~380 F (according to the sleeve overlay with temp indication markings) which matches the experience reported by many in this thread. To vape near combustion temps and fully extract all of the cannabinoids and terpenes (without combusting) it's about ~3:15-3:30 o'clock or so on the EVO dial (~440-445 F). How does your AVB compare to mine below? Have you tried vaping at higher settings in your unit? Has it combusted? There's definitely been variability reported with some EVO units.

Do you vape dry or wet?

People infer so many different things mentioning extraction in vaping :shrug:. Most want cannabis extracted and the EVO certainly delivers. To put it more accurately, people like to extract to different temps and it's variable. A number of users like to temp step and while that's not fully extracting all the vaporizable cannabinoids/terpenes, it's still fully extracting all the cannabinoids that vaporize to the temperature selected. OTOH, if people want to fully extract a bowl/ELB of vape-available cannibinoids/terpenes they are/should be vaporizing as close to combustion temps as possible; one hitter ripper fans out there are doing just that across many vapes. With a normal functioning EVO, that's a heater setting past 3:00. Anything less is a temp-selected vaporization point and not full extraction. Which not a bad thing either per se, most post about vaping at less-than-full extraction.
Best method of loading an ELB is Delta3dstudios.com ELB Loading Tool. I measure out my dose on a milligram scale and can dump right into the ELB. I can't imagine life without this tool! Also plenty of other scoops and doo-dads at Delta3dstudios.com... I don't seem to need to stir the contents of my ELB during a session. I tend to load under 0.1 gram and when hitting I imagine the cannabis bubbling around like popping popcorn when taking a hit. I find ABV on the lid of the ELB at the end of my session to confirm this. I imagine if you tightly stuff an ELB you'd need to stir.
That ELB loading tool is great @InhaleExhale :nod:. Thx for feedback :tup:. I have that tool too, it's been discussed a number of times here in the last year and is top notch. There are number of different ELB loading tools/options mentioned as well. Again (as I say), the EVO has a great ecosystem and third party support to make the vaping experience top notch. I too use a mg scale :tup: and here's a tip; my scale can tare the loading tool with the ELB in it, meaning I simply dump in the amount of grind I want directly from the grinder. This way, it's direct (no other transfers) with no particle/kief loss at all. Good info on stirring too. I find when the ELB is loaded to<40% by volume I don't need to stir... a quick shake does the job. >40% is where I find mechanical stirring helped get the most even AVB.
@Rollingstoned - I agree completely with @Baron23. The only time I've ever combusted with the EVO was at 3 o'clock. Happened twice. That's why I start at noon and temp step up to 2:30. My ABV is a very dark brown.
Thx @His_Highness :tup:. How does my ABV picture look? I describe my AVB and picture below medium brown. I start at 11 and temp step directly up to 2.
I'm totally with you on all that @SatanLovestoVape :nod:. It's great to hear you got your used EVO fixed and that it went so smoothly :tup:. Thx for contributing.
Also can use it inverted with the appropriate adapters to connect to any glass without a whip. :rockon:
Great point :nod:!
Whats the most material that can fit into an ELB, but still have the proper amount of airflow? I know its usually in-between filling the ELB 50% or 75%, but im curious how much that is in weight. Thx!
I've done full ELBs and there was proper airflow... worked great :tup:. I even tamped a full ELB a touch a few times. Haven't measured weight (yet) though.

Happy EVO Friday :tup:. I'm enjoying the EVO and some strong sativa flower... feeling good :). Good EVO heater settings and performance talk.

As 4 AVB, I recently took a pic of some collected AVB for a related post elsewhere last weekend. It was pulled out from mason jar AVB storage and is more than two ELB's in volume. And from temp stepping to ~2:30 on the EVO heater dial. I've always gotten very evenly vaped flower imo. Check it out.

x2nvn8w1o9p41.jpg

Thoughts? It's medium brown imo. I could go darker for sure (but won't). Some AVB pics I've seen posted on reddit from portable evapes are sooo much more unevenly vaped.

I'll try to get a microdose ELB load AVB pic up soon. Cheers and enjoy ur Friday. :peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Thx @His_Highness :tup:. How does my ABV picture look? I describe my AVB and picture below medium brown. I start at 11 and temp step directly up to 2.

For the most part my ABV color looks like yours. I do get a couple ABV pieces that are darker brown, not quite charred/black. This may be because I don't stop drawing at 2:30 until not a wisp of vapor is present.

His_Highness,
Reactions: CANtalk

CANtalk

For the most part my ABV color looks like yours. I do get a couple ABV pieces that are darker brown, not quite charred/black. This may be because I don't stop drawing at 2:30 until not a wisp of vapor is present.
Thx. I should have said 2:30 and not 2 there. That whole post ended up being a real bear :argh:... it was against a 10K character post limit while I was on strong cannabis trying to do edits to make it fit and be better written and more clear. Some things were missed before the edit time limit :shrug:. I appreciate the feedback and comparison. We appear to vape to the same temp setting and have similar AVB color. From reading this owner thread extensively, imo that's pretty normal EVO performance and behavior.

In recent EVO AVB talk on reddit, another user mentions vaping at 3 o'clock with no combustion, and they've played with some higher temps as well quite successfully (with a slight risk of combustion...). And they confirm my avb can go darker.

I think older AVB oxidizes and dries out over time, making it look a little darker than when examined immediately after vaping. So here's a picture of ~0.035-0.040 grams of fresh AVB from the EVO for more perspective, this one also vaped to ~2:30 o'clock on the dial (~395 F).
8308y7gq6gp41.jpg

One of the best ways to learn is to share.

Cheers

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:
CANtalk,

CANtalk

The weekend's a bit quiet here :myday:. Saturday with the EVO has been most welcome in my home again :tup:.

Last night was excellent overall :science:. Today and this eve, some Golden Goat then God Bud hit the spot in separate small ELBS, temp stepping dry/wet. And I decided to bust out a bit more indulgently just recently and late adding a small ELB of Money Maker. That strain has been good to me (potent :science: :evil:... and estimated 70/30 indica/sativa ratio with high THC content). I'm ~ 10 hrs in.. and decided with the current public health isolation requests that I may as well bust it out a bit :evil:. Nice... and I made a conscious decision earlier to take a break from concentrates this weekend... I like the variety and concentrates definitely bump my tolerance more :freak:. The EVO flexibility continues to bring the goods.

I highly recommend the Money Maker strain.
https://www.leafly.com/strains/money-maker
https://www.wikileaf.com/strain/money-maker/
https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/indica-dominant-hybrid/money-maker

These recommendations are from the back yard of where I sourced this batch :tup:.
https://cannasos.com/strains/hybrid/money-maker

So smooth. Enjoy ur Saturday.

Last edited:
CANtalk,

Socks And Sandals

Wow I never heard of an ELB being difficult to load before, I just scoop it up out of my SCS Medium grinder with the basket itself..

@CANtalk Your ABV looks like the ABV my friend gets from his Mighty and what I used to get out of my Plenty.. Very light brown and even.. You might still be able to extract more.

Sorry I've been gone a while from this thread. Still using the Evo nightly, looking to get a 3rd backup vape soon.. Trying to narrow down my choices between the Volcano, Mighty, or just jump headfirst to the flowerpot V rod?

It's also nice to see VXL continuing to stock their clear glass.. even though I was told it was going to be phased out. I guess they changed their mind eh?

And still no word on a digital successor to the EVO? Has anyone heard anything?

jog123

I'm looking to get a new evo, living in Canada -- is there a best place to purchase a unit for Canadians? With the dollar in the shitter, I'm wondering if that makes a difference

jog123,

CANtalk

Wow I never heard of an ELB being difficult to load before, I just scoop it up out of my SCS Medium grinder with the basket itself..

@CANtalk Your ABV looks like the ABV my friend gets from his Mighty and what I used to get out of my Plenty.. Very light brown and even.. You might still be able to extract more.

Sorry I've been gone a while from this thread. Still using the Evo nightly, looking to get a 3rd backup vape soon.. Trying to narrow down my choices between the Volcano, Mighty, or just jump headfirst to the flowerpot V rod?

It's also nice to see VXL continuing to stock their clear glass.. even though I was told it was going to be phased out. I guess they changed their mind eh?

And still no word on a digital successor to the EVO? Has anyone heard anything?
Hey @Socks And Sandals, nice to hear from you again here :tup:. Thx for the feedback. Yup, I'm not fully extracting flower with the EVO since I only go to ~2:30 on the dial (~395 F). And unless someone uses an EVO that runs hot, a lower heater setting results in even less extraction. As posted before, the EVO is excellent at temp selected extraction, however "full extraction" of cannabis doesn't happen unless the selected temps end up in the 440 F range (which are near combustion). I'm ok with extracting to ~395 F since higher temp extracted vapor is too uncomfortably harsh on my lungs. OMMV (other's mileage may vary), everyone has their own personal preferences and settings.

Good luck with your third vape purchase. Those are all great vape options. And it's nice that there's still different glass options with VapeXhale.

Sweet @Relaxed :tup:. Looks so nice. The collection grows. Let us know what you think of them and what differences you notice (if any). My Chinese DHgate glass experience was mixed as one piece is poor. I'm going to focus on North American made pieces even though they are pricey. FWIW, my Chinese vendor called the VapeXhale pieces American made. I agree with @Rollingstoned, VapeXhale glass is high quality.

I'm looking to get a new evo, living in Canada -- is there a best place to purchase a unit for Canadians? With the dollar in the shitter, I'm wondering if that makes a difference
I haven't run the #'s with exchange rate vs jurisdictional purchases, but fwiw I went with vaporizers.ca (for other reasons). I found they were a good Canadian seller.

Last edited:

Baron23

I'm sorry, I got to throw a bit of a BS flag here....again, I think. I run at about 1:30 on the dial, I def get full extraction, and I'm no where near 440F.

Perhaps @CANtalk unit runs cold as I have found the dial placement I use to be quite common among other owners and that we all seem to get definitely, absolutely, well extracted AVB and are nowhere near combustion.

As for the temps...either from VXH or on the heat sleeves that have a temp dial...I take these absolute temps with a grain of salt and to me its just a relative analog dial. If I want more heat, turn it up a bit. Want less heat, turn it down a bit. But as far as absolute temps....nah, I put no credence in that, personally.

Finally, as with all full convection vapes that do not have an internal fan or air pump (think Volcano), absolute temp of the air at the load is going to be dependent to some extent on draw rate. Slower it should be a bit hotter, faster a bit cooler. So again, I view manufacturer data about absolute temps with full convection devices with a jaundiced eye.

Last edited:

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
@Baron23 I've been running my Evo at the noon position since I've had it. I think that's what was recommended to start with on the Vapexhale videos, and I didn't really want it hotter when I was doing a straight draw with a dry Helio. I bumped it up to 1:00 last night with my Hydrabomb, and it really seemed to make a difference with the extraction. Less flower equated to a longer lasting result.

@CANtalk @Rollingstoned Would it be possible to post up a pic of how much water your adding to your XHL glass?

CANtalk

@Relaxed no pics but I go with filling the hydratube to generally around the perc (with no air gap). Sometimes if I'm shooting for less conditioning, I fill a little less, to just below the perc... other times for more conditioning I fill to just above the percolator. The overflow chamber stays clear and dry either way. I got this helpful guidance from others in this thread and from VapeXhale.

Last edited:

caliganja420

@Baron23 I've been running my Evo at the noon position since I've had it. I think that's what was recommended to start with on the Vapexhale videos, and I didn't really want it hotter when I was doing a straight draw with a dry Helio. I bumped it up to 1:00 last night with my Hydrabomb, and it really seemed to make a difference with the extraction. Less flower equated to a longer lasting result.

@CANtalk @Rollingstoned Would it be possible to post up a pic of how much water your adding to your XHL glass?

C00-D412-C-7-C74-4-D96-A676-F62-D073880-D5.jpg

There you go. Also, I have been running mine at about 2:30. I am trying to get medicated quickly and extract my herb as dark as possible. I only use the EVO with my wife, so we pass it back and forth, each doing our own bowls. I am filling about halfway, with no tamp, just a light Poke. I get about solid 4-5 hits per half bowl. Abv is very dark, coffee roast brown, very comparable to my VROD. I have tried putting one scoop in there, and it didint really go that dark. So I will stick with packing about 2 and half scoops with my Delta 3D studios scoop https://delta3dstudios.com/scoop-n-tamp-vape-tool/
I have stopped using my flowerpot because it is extremely harsh on my throat and lungs, I believe it releases chemicals at such high temps (650 on the controller). Also it got my glass filthy, even with the double weave screen, I could see chunks of resin all over my bong. Unlike the EVO, very clean high, very clean bong

Last edited:
Top Bottom