Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Caved and ordered the Lynx. :goat:It looks like it might be stack-able with my HD. Reminds me of some DHgate Hydro pieces with the type of perc that I've seen paired with EVO's before. Also a good perc for the bottom when both turbines will be going at once. I might do something foolish with it and my cloud buddy at some point. :science:

Lynx - xhl
Vapexhale Lynx Whip Test Drive
Oh and I used the 20% off code. ($48.00) But S&H brought it back up to $59.99. :|

From the main page:
The EVO is turning 4! Celebrate with these killer deals.
Use code 4YR20 for 20% any purchase
Use code STONEMONKEY for $160 the Stonemonkey Survival Kit

Use code 4YRBUNDLE for $50 off the 4 Year Anniversary Accessory Bundle
One discount code per order. Sale ends October 31, 2017.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Caved and ordered the Lynx. :goat:It looks like it might be stack-able with my HD. Reminds me of some DHgate Hydro pieces with the type of perc that I've seen paired with EVO's before. Also a good perc for the bottom when both turbines will be going at once. I might do something foolish with it and my cloud buddy at some point. :science:

Lynx - xhl
Oh and I used the 20% off code. ($48.00) But S&H brought it back up to $59.99. :|

From the main page:

The water piece connection is perfect for my OGB mouth piece.
Great Job on this one!

I want this LYNX water machine to go with my EVO!

TboneToker

Thanks @His_Highness and @TboneToker !

Yeah the EVO has a mammoth heater compared to the other vapes I've used. Even with a partially loaded stem a Solo II session at 350°F seems to take almost 5 minutes. Concentrates aren't something I have ready access to but it does seem almost like the EVO is capable of taking flower almost as quick. Like @His_Highness I am using 1/3 to ½ an ELB.

Maybe I'm just an old stoner who is used to 20-30 minute sessions while yelling at kids to turn down the music and stay off my lawn; but I am surprised to see how fast the EVO heats up herb and to see vaporization at lower-then-expected temps. The only other desktop I've tried is an Aromed and I am not convinced how efficient of a unit it is - my friend has never set the Aromed to 350°F at the start as he likes to bring it up from 260°F.

I own both an EVO and Aromed and can attest that the aromed works really well too, if you're using the recreational herb holder (which is a little bit shorter than the regular one) as in I can get equally large hits from the aromed or the evo except the evo gives denser vapor per second of inhalation.

All in all I find the evo to be an upgraded verson of the aromed. Easier to use, still fragile, efficient without the need for a special herb holder.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I've never had mine combust even at full temperature but others can chime in

Thats surprising to me... because with both my evos, 2:45 is my absolute limit...
3 o clock is certain combustion for me...

Its not even about being big, its about being fragile!

See id feel more worried having my light evo tethered to a length of silicone that could accidently drag my beloved vape to an unfortunate end....
At least in my hands, it's in safe hands....

Thats my view on it...

But as @CuckFumbustion says, as a stackable item I'm interested now...
Damn you @CuckFumbustion...

gaseous_clay

So, does anyone know why EVO's have started glowing orange at high temperatures? Did Vapexhale change their electronics/temp gauge/something else?

IS StoneMonkey55 still here? Can he chime in? @stonemonkey55

Did it just do this now? If so, pull the plug!

Or is it doing this & everything is fine when you turn it off & let it cool?

When mine glowed orange there was smoke coming from it. Got so hot the bamboo warped! (T'was dead...)

TboneToker

Did it just do this now? If so, pull the plug!

Or is it doing this & everything is fine when you turn it off & let it cool?

When mine glowed orange there was smoke coming from it. Got so hot the bamboo warped! (T'was dead...)

Yes, I woke up and it was on max by accident, I didn't notice, I turned it on and waited for it to be green as usual and noticed that when it was green that it also had a orange faint glow so I turned it off and saw the orange a bit more. mostly on the inside of the bamboo, not at all the joint.

It seems to be doing this every time I turn it up to near max now?

I don't recall it doing this yesterday. Any more info @gaseous_clay

EDIT

I hope it doesn't get worse, I just got the evo repaired this month. What should I do Gaseous? try

another outlet?

ALSO , did anyone have this issue before this year? How come it started happening this year ?

Last edited:

gaseous_clay

Yes, I woke up and it was on max by accident, I didn't notice, I turned it on and waited for it to be green as usual and noticed that when it was green that it also had a orange faint glow so I turned it off and saw the orange a bit more. mostly on the inside of the bamboo, not at all the joint.

EDIT

I hope it doesn't get worse, I just got the evo repaired this month. What should I do Gaseous? try

another outlet?

ALSO , did anyone have this issue before this year? How come it started happening this year ?

They should be on the chat by now. I would chat with the people that build it & see if yours is truly fucked up.

Justpassedu

Lynx - xhl

From the main page:

Nice i was actually gonna grab the Lynx until i found a really nice glycerine coil for less than half the price and i always wanted to try one for the cooling effects .

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
What I use with my EVO. Some extra adapters so I can watch the vapor travel.:cool:
X9gfYIxl.jpg

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

EDIT

another outlet?

At max temp, you're going to see some orange glow in the bamboo where the heater is wrapped. Nothing wrong with that and no need to worry.

Now if the joint itself is glowing orange, and not just where the heater is wrapped, that's a completely different story. Those kind of complete failures are extremely rare though and usually results in a smoldering pile of plastic/glass.

It also seems like most of the full meltdowns were international units, iirc.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I'm liking the Lynx! Right now I don't have any hydratubes, but I have owned many. It looks like a great price for what you get. And I haven't used a whip since the old "Q" days ;)

InhaleExhale

Haha...this makes me chuckle. I'm a younger guy but definitely know how it feels to have to start yelling at kids in the middle of a smoke! Makes you want to start the session all over again.

Actually, I am not that old either...however if you measured age in cannabis consumption...

Thanks to everyone who informed me on the proper use of the EVO. It's been very satisfying, to say in the least!

2 Cycle

So I thought one of my nails had cooled sufficiently enough to grab and pull out last weekend. Top was pretty cool but when I touched the bottom it burned the living day lights out of my thumb. Rarely do I use the nails so lesson learned. Pretty sure I could hear the skin cooking lol

voyciz

Just had my first session with my evo, and I am a happy man! Just tried the standard mouthpiece first, and I am going to try out the hydra starter tube after breakfast. This is better than any other vape I've tried (though I must admit I have not tried very many). I needed something to keep me away from smoking and I believe this is it.

Set it to max until it reached temp, put the ELB in and then set it to noon
Do you find that letting it go to max temp first improves the experience? Maybe I should try this...
I enjoy reading posts in this thread from over a year ago and relating to the similar experiences of others :)

voyciz

Actually, I am not that old either...however if you measured age in cannabis consumption...

Thanks to everyone who informed me on the proper use of the EVO. It's been very satisfying, to say in the least!

:lol: measuring age in cannabis consumption. Mind if I ask how much you vape? For me it's like .5 - .8g a day, often less than that. Who knows - with this evo, maybe it will be less. I'm just getting back on the vape train, fell back into some old nasty habits recently.

Would you mind pointing me to the direction of some good tips on usage of the Evo? I've been reading around as much as I can but probably missed some things. I know I need to hurry up and get a grinder now, just been using my hands.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
:lol: measuring age in cannabis consumption. Mind if I ask how much you vape? For me it's like .5 - .8g a day, often less than that. Who knows - with this evo, maybe it will be less. I'm just getting back on the vape train, fell back into some old nasty habits recently.

Would you mind pointing me to the direction of some good tips on usage of the Evo? I've been reading around as much as I can but probably missed some things. I know I need to hurry up and get a grinder now, just been using my hands.

Glad you like it...
A few tips here that you may already know...

Don't fill the elb more that half way, I find a third to be about right...

Get the evo hot before you use it, I mean hot to the touch hot... (a 15 min warmup on 3 does it)...

Use a 'primer' draw to get the vapour flowing before you take your main draw, otherwise your filling an amount of your lungs with unmagical air.... you want all dense vapour....

Moisture content of the herb can be the difference between huge clouds and not so huge, I wont say whispy, evo don't do whispy,
I find about 55% to be just right....

Thats about it for now... hope it helps...

So I thought one of my nails had cooled sufficiently enough to grab and pull out last weekend. Top was pretty cool but when I touched the bottom it burned the living day lights out of my thumb. Rarely do I use the nails so lesson learned. Pretty sure I could hear the skin cooking lol

This made me think of something, i torch my nails clean, i get the end swollen and bright red, while still holding the other end...
But I make sure I never just put the hot end down onto a cool suface...
I feel that this will caus micro thermal shock, resulting in small hairline cracks, amd the beginning of the end for said nail...

Since not doing this, they last much longer.....

Top Bottom