Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
I'm tempted to buy the accessory bundle. No way the wife would swing for it though. And my vape shipped back to me today!!!

Delivered Friday, confirmation email Saturday, return shipping Tuesday. Three business days from acknowledgement to returned to fix broken bamboo. Maybe it was just a slow time?

chronicjk2

That's very good turn around, especially during Thanksgiving/Black Fri/Cyber Monday weekend.

There is a note on vapexhales website saying give 3-5 business days for shipping. hope my vape ships sooner rather than later!

anmclark23

FINALLY! Proud to be among those in the VXC club (Hydrabomb)! I've drooled over the thought of one in my arms for years now. Then, it all finally made perfect sense. It didn't make sense to not have one! Cheers Yall!

Last edited:

vmsplice

Ok so I just ordered one of these today...Vapexhale extended their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale and I couldn't resist.
Now that's a way to make me jealous. I wish they would stock the international version on their site and ship to Europe as well. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. I shouldn't complain though, I had my chance but missed the VapeFiend Black Friday offer for us Europeans.

Oh well, eventually I'll get one, I promise. And I'll join the happy club of VXL users in this thread. It's just hard to justify spending 50% more than a Volcano Classic on a vape. Am I wrong in thinking that the Volcano (especially Digit) and Cloud EVO are more evenly priced in the North America?

Now that's a way to make me jealous. I wish they would stock the international version on their site and ship to Europe as well. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. I shouldn't complain though, I had my chance but missed the VapeFiend Black Friday offer for us Europeans.

Oh well, eventually I'll get one, I promise. And I'll join the happy club of VXL users in this thread. It's just hard to justify spending 50% more than a Volcano Classic on a vape. Am I wrong in thinking that the Volcano (especially Digit) and Cloud EVO are more evenly priced in the North America?
I can't speak on prices but, i will say that while the Volcano is an awesome Vape, it and the EVO are two totally different animals
with two totally different Vape signatures.
I don't own a Volcano but have used one, unfortunately by the time I'd had a chance to use a Volcano i was already an Evo owner and i was underwhelmed by the experience. Maybe someone who owns both can say if one is more desirable or if it's worth the switch. I personally see the Volcano as Stone Age while the EVO is Space Age!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I shouldn't complain though, I had my chance but missed the VapeFiend Black Friday offer for us Europeans

You didnt miss much mate, it was the same price I paid a few months ago...

Get back on Vapefiend and order that evo...
I'm sure discount code 420 still works...

If not, just give it a couple of weeks and I'm sure it will be the same price again...

No excuse not to buy an evo....

Baron23

I can't speak on prices but, i will say that while the Volcano is an awesome Vape, it and the EVO are two totally different animals
with two totally different Vape signatures.
I don't own a Volcano but have used one, unfortunately by the time I'd had a chance to use a Volcano i was already an Evo owner and i was underwhelmed by the experience. Maybe someone who owns both can say if one is more desirable or if it's worth the switch. I personally see the Volcano as Stone Age while the EVO is Space Age!
While I agree that they are two very different vapes with very different signatures, I'm not sure I would sign up for the pejorative view of the Volcano vs the EVO and I do own both.

To me, the EVO is the hardest hitting vape I personally have experienced and can drain .1 g of nice herb is a couple/few draws through water. Fast delivery of concentrated goodness in a short period of time.

Bag vapes provide, by their nature, more diluted vapor (in general). However, the Volcano is very civilized (shout out to @ataxian), its performance is completely reproducible, requires little to no dexterity, and provides bags of vapor for a more relaxing vape experience.

For example, when I'm having a scotch, listening to Hank Crawford on the stereo, and grilling steaks on a Friday evening....its the Volcano and its bags for easy vaping throughout the process.

They are very different...on that we agree completely. One better than the other...depends on your criteria.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
While I agree that they are two very different vapes with very different signatures, I'm not sure I would sign up for the pejorative view of the Volcano vs the EVO and I do own both.

To me, the EVO is the hardest hitting vape I personally have experienced and can drain .1 g of nice herb is a couple/few draws through water. Fast delivery of concentrated goodness in a short period of time.

Bag vapes provide, by their nature, more diluted vapor (in general). However, the Volcano is very civilized (shout out to @ataxian), its performance is completely reproducible, requires little to no dexterity, and provides bags of vapor for a more relaxing vape experience.

For example, when I'm having a scotch, listening to Hank Crawford on the stereo, and grilling steaks on a Friday evening....its the Volcano and its bags for easy vaping throughout the process.

They are very different...on that we agree completely. One better than the other...depends on your criteria.
Spot on with the type of comparison that needs to be made. Would you say both are of the same caliber in their respective class?

O.K. We have heard how wonderful the EVO is. And more worthy praise is to come. I hope at least. Now I will go into the worries I have with this vape so far. Minus the 1st month of being nervous and goofs. :haw:
Tried to vape to close a little to close to 3:00 on my EVO and it combusted the materials on two separate occasions. . :cuss: O.K. I was revaping ABV. Which works well with the EVO. BTW. Just not at near 3:00 on mine. :bang:
Well the EVO didn't seem to get damaged or smell. The ELB's contents were like a mini stove with some hot embers inside. Had to clean the ELB and soak it in the ISO jar. Clean the glass I was using and back in business.:tup:
The EVO itself was fine, But I had it at max temp for 10m to cremate anything bad, I guess. The EQ's fire cleanup would be more extensive. If I get to close too close to the edge with my temps.

Bought a wide silicone wristband for the EVO so it would be easy to grip from the top. It isn't elastic and doesn't fit all the way around the EVO. But It nearly squeezes around the fabric heat shield and keeps that from slipping around. It gets warm too. Might take some of the shock if the EVO were to tip over. Worth 80 some cents, even if I couldn't pick a color. It's a random color from my seller. I got grey if you were wondering. :D

I do have to be careful of certain glass adapters sticking/seizing to the socket end of the EVO if they get too hot. :uhoh: Have to remember to let them cool down before working them off. (thermal expansion) Especially the choosy adapters I bought for the EQ for max temps.

If the ELB doesn't fit well in the socket, I gently corkscrew and counter corkscrew it into and then out of the socket. It seems to help with small bumps and small dings. I fixed the one ELB that didn't work well with my EVO when I first got it and the others have faired well. As long as I have an ISO rotation. I do want more ELBs at some point.

Baron23

Would you say both are of the same caliber in their respective class?
Tough question...same caliber...depends again on your criteria but I would say in general, yes. In my limited experience both are top tier desktop vapes.....top tier.

Now, I would say that material and build quality and just feel to hand, the Volcano has it. Not really a fan of the EVO plastic body (special plastic though) and no range markings on the temp dial. On that basis only, I give it to the Volcano.

For hard hitting AND efficiency, its really hard to beat the EVO I believe.

@stickstones mentioned that he thinks he can get the Volcano to hit hardest of any vapes and I would definitely take his word for it...he's very experienced. But he mentioned that this was due to the large chamber size of the Volcano. Truth be told, in a year of use I have never filled my Volcano chamber. Maybe .3 grams max. So, if you want to vape a LOT of herb in a session, or set the partial vaped chamber for later, then I'm sure the Volcano can do it. I have pulled a bag, set chamber aside for later, and didn't notice any terrible degradation of vapor.

Best of luck.

TboneToker

The Evo hits the hardest because I can finish 0.1g in one draw or so. That's a whole bag or two with the volcano. Not the thickest bags but still. Filling the Volcano with 0.3-0.44 fills it up and if your temperature is around 360 then you'll get smooth and fairly thick vapor. Turn up to 7-8 (374-400) and you'll get really dense vapor but I can't finish a bag in one draw and as such I find the evo gets me medicated more quickly with less material because more hits at once

Vital

Bought a wide silicone wristband for the EVO so it would be easy to grip from the top. It isn't elastic and doesn't fit all the way around the EVO. But It nearly squeezes around the fabric heat shield and keeps that from slipping around. It gets warm too. Might take some of the shock if the EVO were to tip over. Worth 80 some cents, even if I couldn't pick a color. It's a random color from my seller. I got grey if you were wondering. :D

If you look closely on the inside of the fabric heat shield you will see that there are two strips of Velcro at the bottom. If you use them they keep the heat shield from sliding up. ;)

I do have to be careful of certain glass adapters sticking/seizing to the socket end of the EVO if they get too hot. Have to remember to let them cool down before working them off. (thermal expansion) Especially the choosy adapters I bought for the EQ for max temps.

You can use a small amount of silicon grease or chap stick, and it will help prevent the glass from getting stuck. :)

CuckFumbustion

Tough question...same caliber...depends again on your criteria but I would say in general, yes. In my limited experience both are top tier desktop vapes.....top tier.

Now, I would say that material and build quality and just feel to hand, the Volcano has it. Not really a fan of the EVO plastic body (special plastic though) and no range markings on the temp dial. On that basis only, I give it to the Volcano.

For hard hitting AND efficiency, its really hard to beat the EVO I believe.

@stickstones mentioned that he thinks he can get the Volcano to hit hardest of any vapes and I would definitely take his word for it...he's very experienced. But he mentioned that this was due to the large chamber size of the Volcano. Truth be told, in a year of use I have never filled my Volcano chamber. Maybe .3 grams max. So, if you want to vape a LOT of herb in a session, or set the partial vaped chamber for later, then I'm sure the Volcano can do it. I have pulled a bag, set chamber aside for later, and didn't notice any terrible degradation of vapor.

Best of luck.
I never used a Volcano, but like you were saying I sensed they both were 'in general' the same caliber in their respective camps. Then you made more solid points on build materials. What sold me and conversely hindered my decision on the EVO was the all glass pathway. If I was serious about bags, I'd try to get my hands on a Volcano and mod/max it like @stickstones. It is nice to have choices and to max the performance from even that. I do think their are different classes of vapes that are
If you look closely on the inside of the fabric heat shield you will see that there are two strips of Velcro at the bottom. If you use them they keep the heat shield from sliding up. ;)

You can use a small amount of silicon grease or chap stick, and it will help prevent the glass from getting stuck. :)
Beeswax works well also. Prevention even better.

Vital

I never used a Volcano, but like you were saying I sensed they both were 'in general' the same caliber in their respective camps. Then you made more solid points on build materials. What sold me and conversely hindered my decision on the EVO was the all glass pathway. If I was serious about bags, I'd try to get my hands on a Volcano and mod/max it like @stickstones. It is nice to have choices and to max the performance from even that. I do think their are different classes of vapes that are

Beeswax works well also. Prevention even better.

I only said chap stick because it's the same as Tube Loob, and most people have it handy. I'm in agreement prevention is the best! :D

CuckFumbustion

I only said chap stick because it's the same as Tube Loob, and most people have it handy. I'm in agreement prevention is the best! :D
So Tube Loob is chap stick. and there is a velcro strap in the heat shield. You can buy different colored 'heat shields'. Which are essentially skirts you pull over the vape. So the EVO is a dress up doll as well. :haw:

I got too much clutter on mine to bother with the velcro strap. But I will KIM. Say, does anybody clean the heat shields in any fashion? My bright green heat shield is already showing grime.

Baron23

Agreed!! It's like comparing a Ferrari to a Volkswagen.
I own both and would not say that at all. Personally, EVO is my favorite but that's because it meets my personal criteria which was high efficiency and hard hitting thick vapor without having to load anymore then .1 - .15 grams.

I do like the Volcano very much in certain circumstances. If I was a medical patient that needed a vape that does not require much in the way of manual dexterity, that provides for pre-loaded capsules (from perhaps a care giver), gives absolutely consistent results, or....if I like to pass a party bag around.

They are indeed different and it should come as no surprise that the EVO gets a lot of love in the EVO forum. But, while I think we can have preferences in vapes depending on our personal use case, I can't support dissing the Volcano. Its a well crafted and well performing machine.

My bright green heat shield is already showing grime.

Yeah, I liked the purple but still went with the black cover. Anything to do with vaporizers and AVB, etc....I like black cause when it gets dirty...its still black. haha

Top Bottom