Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

TboneToker

I contacted VapeXhale about the temp dial heat shields. I had just ordered a full kit from them on 20 Nov (not long ago) and, as mentioned earlier, at the time the only heat shields that they had were the ones with the loading/use graphic.

They replied that all new kits will be going out with the temp dial sleeve from now on and they are sending me one without charge as my order was so recent and they didn't have them in stock at the time.

I'm very, very, very happy with my EVO and with VapeXhale in general and their CS in particular. Good guys.

I tend to shy away from these kinds of statements, but I believe that if I had to give up all my vapes except one, the one would probably be the EVO.

@ataxian - good music! Who knew that surfing and rap went together! :tup::rockon::bowdown:

Cheers

What is a temp dial sleeve

TboneToker,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...

kellya86

Herb gardener...
If you get a new one @kellya86 we can swap lol

And I'd argue it's just as accurate as any other vape with a manual temp controller. Even the digital ones have a decent variance.

I completely agree..... no vape can really control the temperature to such a degree that it's constantly accurate at the herb, with any draw speed...

It's all about feel right???
The digital temp vapes should be used as scale, not taken as true temps, more a rough guide...

I don't get hung up on temps.....

Baron23

I don't like it, I hope they don't stop selling the old ones....

Is this the result of a survey, where people said they wanted a temp display.????

It's just not needed... not to mention probably not at all accurate, considering all evos run a bit different, and other variables....
But it gives the impression of accuracy with the precise conversion to Celcius...
You certainly may like and dislike what you choose without comment from me or anybody else. I don't see anything worth of any thing as strong as dislike, but I'm not you.

As to the usefulness, I do think it will be useful. First and foremost it gives you a reference for where your temp dial is set. Doesn't matter what the damn thing says on it for absolute temp. We don't know the accuracy of the temp display of pretty much any vape. However, the value of this sleeve is that it at least provides a relative scale to use to set temp.

But, perhaps that's not important to everybody.

Cheers

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Even though I don't follow the "guidelines" for temps (herb range, concentrate range, etc), I like knowing what temps I can expect. If for no other reason than it was mostly guesswork before.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I was shocked when I realised that the 12 position was only about 180 °C....

After coming from my eq, running temps of upto 230°C, I couldn't believe the clouds produced from supposedly only 180....

I guess that's what makes this machine a tasty treat...

toecutter

Hey - I'm in the market for a desktop and am leaning heavily towards the EVO Cloud.

I want something for the occasional heavy medicating. Most of the time I like to have more modest doses via my Firefly 2. However, it would be nice on occasion to bump up to that next state of mind. The EVO seems like a good means to do so. I like the all glass pathway and ability to load smaller loads. I was looking at the Plenty but the large chamber, and more importantly the presence of plastic in the vapor pathway was a turn off (despite assurance that it doesn't out-gas when heated).

In deciding my glass, I think the Turbine is a good middle of the roader and the one for me. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in efficacy between the standard Turbine and the Mini Turbine?

Thank you for your input!

*Edit RE: spelling*

Last edited:

Baron23

Hey - I'm in the market for a desktop and am leaning heavily towards the EVO Cloud.

I want something for the occasional heavy medicating. Most of the time I like to have more modest does via my Firefly 2. However, it would be nice on occasion to bump up to that next state of mind. The EVO seems like a good means to do so. I like the all glass pathway and ability to load smaller loads. I was looking at the Plenty but the large chamber, and more importantly the presence of plastic in the vapor pathway was a turn off (despite assurance that it doesn't out-gas when heated).

In deciding my glass, I think the Turbine is a good middle of the roader and the one for me. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in efficacy between the standard Turbine and the Mini Turbine?

Wow, just bought mine toward the end of Nov and went through the same thought process. I did get a regular turbine and not the small can size. I really didn't find a lot of people using the minis and the only difference is the diameter of the upper chamber I believe. I just didn't see the point of the smaller upper with the same lower.

I like the Turbine very much and it does not take very much water to fill it to where it needs to be. I just don't see a reason for the minis, particularly as they are the same price.

For what you described your use case to be, you will LOVE the EVO. Closest thing to a bong hit without combustion.

Hope this was helpful.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate

I want something for the occasional heavy medicating. Most of the time I like to have more modest does via my Firefly 2. However, it would be nice on occasion to bump up to that next state of mind. The EVO seems like a good means to do so. I like the all glass pathway and ability to load smaller loads. I was looking at the Plenty but the large chamber, and more importantly the presence of plastic in the vapor pathway was a turn off (despite assurance that it doesn't out-gas when heated).

Get it :) we are all gonna say that but it's a great heavy hitter and it honestly wrecks me to the point I tend not to use it unless I'm specifically trying to get as high as possible from my weed. It's smooth that you can get that huge vapor rip deep in your lungs.

I'd say go bigger can myself but I haven't used a sidecar tube so unsure dimensions

I think they're all gonna be good. I would tell you that I have a SideCirc Hydratube, but my favorite is using it on a Hydrafoot base. My top recommendation would be to get the Evo with a whip and then use whatever 14/18mm glass you want. I also like the experience better off a whip, instead of having a huge tall tower to contend with.

I've broken my bamboo once (not their fault) and my heater once (their 'fault') and they made it right for an affordable price the first time and made it right at no charge the second time. HUGELY great service.

The fact that I've boxed this thing up twice and sent it away should say something about the quality. I got this thing a year ago and it's still GOAT.

How much and how little herbs can u use ?

Anyone had their evo break down ?

Bamboo Glass broke?

You can put up to like, 0.25 or 0.30 into one of the ELBs. You can use as little as one tiny grain of weed if you want. Theoretically, there's no minimum amount for good performance, due to the convection nature of the vape. My heater broke once, which was sad. That was not avoidable. I knocked over my Evo once (wasn't even medicated) and it was a TINY knockover but it had a whip attachment on it and so I believe the harmonics of having both pieces of glass resonating at the same time exploded both the ground glass joint on the bamboo as well as the female end on the whip. You have to be REAL careful with all this stuff - it's glass! :)

scalescliffs,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Well, I dropped my EVO in my marble sink when I first got it. I bet I hadn't had it for 3 days. It landed directly on the ground glass joint and bounced a couple times before I got my hands on it. Not a scratch. I don't think I took a breath for about 90 seconds.

I still inspect it to this day looking for the broken glass that HAD to have been a result of this drop----nothing. I was SOOOOO lucky. I have no idea why it didn't break.

stinkytofus

You can put up to like, 0.25 or 0.30 into one of the ELBs. You can use as little as one tiny grain of weed if you want. Theoretically, there's no minimum amount for good performance, due to the convection nature of the vape. My heater broke once, which was sad. That was not avoidable. I knocked over my Evo once (wasn't even medicated) and it was a TINY knockover but it had a whip attachment on it and so I believe the harmonics of having both pieces of glass resonating at the same time exploded both the ground glass joint on the bamboo as well as the female end on the whip. You have to be REAL careful with all this stuff - it's glass! :)
Have u tried using 0.05 grams (measured out) and then put in elb and vaped ? Lol

stinkytofus,
Have u tried using 0.05 grams (measured out) and then put in elb and vaped ? Lol

I'm not the right guy for that - I just fill them until they're 80% full and go to town. My effects are also going to be different than yours will be. I imagine somebody around here has tried that though; there's discussions about microdosing in this thread somewhere; you could try searching for 'micro dosing' or something similar on this thread alone.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I just fill them until they're 80% full and go to town

You might wanna try backing off a bit there, i find if the elb is too full, it takes too long to get going, and doesn't cloud out as well...

Maybe it impedes the airflow if overfilled...

I think about 1/3 to a half full seems to work best for me...

Dependant on material, 0.05 in the evo can produce a nice cloud that will get you high, but iv become accustomed to a nice big heavy cloud that leaves me breathess.... and for that, I use about 0.08 - 0.10.... (about 1/3 full)

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I usually stuff them up til the bottom of the lid, I second @kellya86 that I get better results not doing that. 2/3s is about my happy place now and not tamped or anything really just scooped and dumped. Better flavor longer lasting moreso easier pull, I'd always seen that recommended but hadn't actually tried it til a few weeks ago

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: kellya86

toecutter

I think they're all gonna be good. I would tell you that I have a SideCirc Hydratube, but my favorite is using it on a Hydrafoot base. My top recommendation would be to get the Evo with a whip and then use whatever 14/18mm glass you want. I also like the experience better off a whip, instead of having a huge tall tower to contend with.

I've broken my bamboo once (not their fault) and my heater once (their 'fault') and they made it right for an affordable price the first time and made it right at no charge the second time. HUGELY great service.

The fact that I've boxed this thing up twice and sent it away should say something about the quality. I got this thing a year ago and it's still GOAT.

Hi, thank you for your reply. They have a package that includes an adapter that allows you to attach tubing to a glass piece on the side. I know very little about glass pieces. I assume I would just need to find a piece with all the correctly sized fittings? I do like the idea of having the glass set next to the EVO, so I don't have to step on my tippy toes to take a hit at my (standing) desk.. It also seems like it would just be a less likely to tip over rig. Any recommendations on the glass? From what I've seen, I like the more austere, laboratory like stuff, for what it's worth. :)

Thanks again!

Hi, thank you for your reply. They have a package that includes an adapter that allows you to attach tubing to a glass piece on the side. I know very little about glass pieces. I assume I would just need to find a piece with all the correctly sized fittings? I do like the idea of having the glass set next to the EVO, so I don't have to step on my tippy toes to take a hit at my (standing) desk.. It also seems like it would just be a less likely to tip over rig. Any recommendations on the glass? From what I've seen, I like the more austere, laboratory like stuff, for what it's worth. :)

Thanks again!

I think using an Evo with a whip is the best way to do it. Huge, huge, huge (and smooth) clouds. I'd recommend finding some glass you like and then getting a custom whip from PlanetVape (link below). I also love scientific glass (the term for that; less 'heady') and here's my setup if you want inspiration:

H4e1l9K.jpg

That's a DaVinci IQ, but I use this setup on my Evo as well, with a whip.

Whip, with 18mm 45 degree male fitting on one end and 18mm female fitting (for Evo) on the other:
PlanetVape Cloud Evo GonG Whip
http://www.planetvape.ca/vapexhale-cloud-gong-water-tool-adapter.html

Top glass:
Grav Labs Sidecirc
I got it from VXL

Bottom glass:
DHGate Hydrafoot
http://www.dhgate.com/product/glass-base-for-hydratube-glass-bong-glass/387515607.html

Also, the DHGate D050D is super popular
http://www.dhgate.com/product/d020-d-9-inches-bubbler-glass-bong-water/244202146.html

Also, this rig is really popular
https://www.newvape.com/14mm-oil-rig-black/?acc=c81e728d9d4c2f636f067f89cc14862c

Hope that helps.

toecutter

Awesome, thank you so much for taking the time. Ha yes, less heady!

Off to research!

I think using an Evo with a whip is the best way to do it. Huge, huge, huge (and smooth) clouds. I'd recommend finding some glass you like and then getting a custom whip from PlanetVape (link below). I also love scientific glass (the term for that; less 'heady') and here's my setup if you want inspiration:

H4e1l9K.jpg

That's a DaVinci IQ, but I use this setup on my Evo as well, with a whip.

Whip, with 18mm 45 degree male fitting on one end and 18mm female fitting (for Evo) on the other:
PlanetVape Cloud Evo GonG Whip
http://www.planetvape.ca/vapexhale-cloud-gong-water-tool-adapter.html

Top glass:
Grav Labs Sidecirc
I got it from VXL

Bottom glass:
DHGate Hydrafoot
http://www.dhgate.com/product/glass-base-for-hydratube-glass-bong-glass/387515607.html

Also, the DHGate D050D is super popular
http://www.dhgate.com/product/d020-d-9-inches-bubbler-glass-bong-water/244202146.html

Also, this rig is really popular
https://www.newvape.com/14mm-oil-rig-black/?acc=c81e728d9d4c2f636f067f89cc14862c

Hope that helps.

The sidecar looks good. How does this model strike anyone? I like that it's on sale.

https://www.420science.com/collecti...helix-upright-bubbler#shopify-product-reviews

Last edited by a moderator:
toecutter,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
wiz is good but this is much better.

I love WIZ, TUPAC, SNOOP DOG and many more!
CLASSICAL HARD ROCK CLASSIC ROCK JAZZ FOLK
COUNTRY NEW AGE: I like it all.

Surfing I sung BOWIE (STAR DUST)
Jimmy PAIGE Jimmy HENDRICK Brian MAY Neil YOUNG I used for sound tracks to movies I made before MTV!

5 acres of COLAS no seeds was standard while ZIG ZAGS were all we had!

6 joints per day the size of gorilla fingers before surfing large waves.

We were primitive?
SURF SEX JOINTS (free at least)

EVO would have gotten used a lot!

I'm not as cool as you however I've had a incredible time on this PALE BLUE DOT we call EARTH!

What music is that?
Fuckin love it!
@JohnDank east long beach style!
fXsCmie.jpg

The TASTE is how I like it.
CIVILIZED + EVERYDAY + VAPORIZED = CIVILIZED

Last edited:
Top Bottom