Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Stormsend

.. there are always two types here on these threads...neophytes who do not desire to read through the pages...and..veterans who tire of the endless comparison's of vape "a" and "b". ..and other similar questions..such is life...
I'd like nothing more than to read all the post on both here and for Herbie thread to answers all the questiosn I have, find out if there are any issues with either unit but working fulltime, raising newborn, etc I really do not have time. This is a big dollar purchase for me and between watching countless reviews on youtube, reading through reviews online, and speaking to people here, that is pretty much what I am going on. This has been very helpful for me and because everyone here has been a lot more helpful then people in other threads, I take that as a bunch of satisfied customers, which to me is another plus to go along with the almost $200 price difference. To the people that were helpful, I will shoot a pm if I have any further questions, no need for me to continue posting. Thanks all! I will go back to lurking from a distance lol.

Justpassedu

I'd like nothing more than to read all the post on both here and for Herbie thread to answers all the questiosn I have, find out if there are any issues with either unit but working fulltime, raising newborn, etc I really do not have time. This is a big dollar purchase for me and between watching countless reviews on youtube, reading through reviews online, and speaking to people here, that is pretty much what I am going on. This has been very helpful for me and because everyone here has been a lot more helpful then people in other threads, I take that as a bunch of satisfied customers, which to me is another plus to go along with the almost $200 price difference. To the people that were helpful, I will shoot a pm if I have any further questions, no need for me to continue posting. Thanks all! I will go back to lurking from a distance lol.
Your good man. Basically what it all comes down too is what you want out of it. Both are top tier vapes & most likely you'd be happy with either. You just have to figure out if you want something that that has the option to blow bags or do you want the heaviest hitting cloud producer imo with water that can do concentrate very well also. Than you have the Oled screen thrown into the mix and precise temp control. Allot of different options with both but go with what you feel more comfortable with as both are bound to be great vapes. Best of luck .

Baron23

As far as accessories, Delta 3D make some very nice and useful accessories, including scoops to load and a loading tool (

ELB loading tool which I really haven't found very useful...good idea, just not needed IMO but that's not Delta's fault...I bought it. But others may find it very useful...it does work and its well made for what it is:
http://delta3dstudios.com/VapeXhale-ELB-loading-tool/

scoop and poke:
http://delta3dstudios.com/scoop-n-poke-vape-tool/

Spiral stand to put your ELBs in for loading and between draws, fits ELBs perfectly:
http://delta3dstudios.com/grasshopper-mini-spiral-stand/

Now, this is from New Vape in Boyton Beach, great machine shop and this is the most useful scoop I have for ELB loading. A rounded scoop is about .1 grams depending on grind and herb and it fits nicely into the ELB. This is why I find I don't really need a loading too, I really like this little dude:

http://www.newvape.com/pax2-loading-accessory/

Oh, and temp is a very personal decision but I'm really at about 2 o'clock and just leave it there. Works for me on my unit.

Hope this is helpful

Stormsend

Just placed an order for the Cloud Evo w/Turbine. It was between this an Hydrabomb. I went Turbine bc I feel I would always want to buy it eventually even if I did have the Hydrabomb. Anyway it came up to $385 (shipping almost killed it $25 wtf?) It takes 3-5 days to process so I will give you my impressions around the new year I suppose. Thanks to all who sold me on this

Justpassedu

Just placed an order for the Cloud Evo w/Turbine. It was between this an Hydrabomb. I went Turbine bc I feel I would always want to buy it eventually even if I did have the Hydrabomb. Anyway it came up to $385 (shipping almost killed it $25 wtf?) It takes 3-5 days to process so I will give you my impressions around the new year I suppose. Thanks to all who sold me on this
Turbine is great , provides amazing taste , i really like mine. Good choice and the price does not seem to bad at all except for the shipping , hope it gets to ya quickly.

Southern Chef

Good for you. You'll love it and will probably be back here soon recommending it to someone new. This whole discussion really boils down to Ford or Chevy, iOS or Android etc. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. They both have their fans and detractors. But the truth is....you would have been happy with either...both are amazing.

Having said all that....omg you're gonna love the evo. Good job dude.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
2. Also incredibly personal preference. That's like asking FC as a whole what our favorite food is and expecting everyone to answer the same.
Well spoken good sir!:tup: How many times I have reached for something to say about those kind of questions. Understandably, When you are new to vaping, it is a strange concept to jive with. That there is a full range of choices in vapes that fill different niches. Different ways to enjoy vapor. The main question is"Will it work for me?" And perhaps what would I like in a vape? Then "Is this vape going to live up to that expectation?
Let me apologize to the people I'm annoying if I'm asking too many questions that have been previously answered.

So I'm about to purchase the Cloud Evo from the company's website. And I have just a few more questions.

1.) Are there any must have accessories and/or cleaning tools I should purchase?

2.) What is the best temp to begin with? It looks like you should stay between 11 and 2 positions on the dials for maximum efficiency. I never really owned a bong but always wanted to, I'm assuming one hit will be enough? FYI, I used to finish off a Volcano bag by myself and with the Pax 2, I take about 7-10 hits before I'm baked. I believe a bong will hit much harder, but I am only guessing lol.

Thanks guys, looking forward to giving my impressions once I receive the unit!
1. Personal preference here, But I really like having 10 ELBs. Some people who do nails think the quartz ones are superior to the plain ones. I have a 3pc pipe reamer that is great for scraping ELBs and reforming misshapen or brand new basket that aren't broken in. Also having a silicone basting/pastry brush helps with clean up.

2. Best desired temp is a preference thing and with the EVO, how much you pack will have a huge impact as to how it vapes. A small amount at a lower temp can get pretty brown on it's own without visiting the higher temps in the 2:00 range.

I have 3 heat 'profiles' that I can vape from. 2 more, if I have the materials above the EVO, Like when I have the EQ going, But with the better screens. The ELB's fit my 19mm wands, So this is possible.
@Stormsend , If you haven't already, I'd suggest reading about 10 pages in this thread of the most recent posts to get a general impression of what others have found to work.

Hope this helps. :peace:
EDIT- Just read you bought an EVO and HT, Congrats. :clap: I have been rec'd the EVO for over a year now and with the help and encouragement of many of the other FC members here, I caved and bought one. Once I pay it off, I might get a second!

Last edited:

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
Let me apologize to the people I'm annoying if I'm asking too many questions that have been previously answered.

So I'm about to purchase the Cloud Evo from the company's website. And I have just a few more questions.

1.) Are there any must have accessories and/or cleaning tools I should purchase?

2.) What is the best temp to begin with? It looks like you should stay between 11 and 2 positions on the dials for maximum efficiency. I never really owned a bong but always wanted to, I'm assuming one hit will be enough? FYI, I used to finish off a Volcano bag by myself and with the Pax 2, I take about 7-10 hits before I'm baked. I believe a bong will hit much harder, but I am only guessing lol.

Thanks guys, looking forward to giving my impressions once I receive the unit!
extra elb's something to invest in. for me temp depends on strain. I am between 10-12 . don't put too much in the elb. about 1/3 to 1/2 full. the evo requires good medicine. I sometimes top off with little bubble or oil . experimentation is fun. you will figure it out. speaking of which that is what i am going to do experimentation. i am going to mix some grape god with some fire o.g. plus some full melt bubble gorilla glue and og kush from the local delivery service in a clean elb. gonna be fun. I love experimentation

CuckFumbustion

Oh sh*t, just got an email telling me my cloud shipped via fedex, impressions coming a lot sooner than I thought!
Got mine used. Never went through them direct. Let us know what you find out. TX. :wave:

extra elb's something to invest in. for me temp depends on strain. I am between 10-12 . don't put too much in the elb. about 1/3 to 1/2 full. the evo requires good medicine.
I've done just the opposite. 3/4 at 2:00 and it is wasteful. 1:15 is the set time for me after an initial 10m preheat. Lower temps when I'm more patient. Haven't quite gotten the strain and probably dryness into the equation like you have yet. After using the EQ for so long, I had to unlearn the dial on the EVO as being a true temp knob.

I can figure how far along what temp the EVO is at ramping or lowering down to by being quick with the knob. If I am lowering my temp from leaving it on MAX for what ever length of time I forgot and left it on for and back to 1:15 mark, I set it to 1:15 first. Then when I am curious, I spin the knob quickly to MAX and then med-slow back to 1:15. at some point along the way, as I turn, the light goes from green to red or flickers in between. I notice where the knob when it flickers between MAX and 1:15. That is my indication. Then I quickly dial it back to 1:15. So there is a sensor working in the body somewhere, I figure.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've done just the opposite. 3/4 at 2:00 and it is wasteful. 1:15 is the set time for me after an initial 10m preheat. Lower temps when I'm more patient. Haven't quite gotten the strain and probably dryness into the equation like you have yet. After using the EQ for so long, I had to unlearn the dial on the EVO as being a true temp knob.

I can figure how far along what temp the EVO is at ramping or lowering down to by being quick with the knob. If I am lowering my temp from leaving it on MAX for what ever length of time I forgot and left it on for and back to 1:15 mark, I set it to 1:15 first. Then when I am curious, I spin the knob quickly to MAX and then med-slow back to 1:15. at some point along the way, as I turn, the light goes from green to red or flickers in between. I notice where the knob when it flickers between MAX and 1:15. That is my indication. Then I quickly dial it back to 1:15. So there is a sensor working in the body somewhere, I figure.
I look at it like a clock!

Some strains = 11:00
Some strains = 2:30

It depends on the cure?

1:30 is my setting with BUBBLE GUM OG

set it as you need:

1:30 is a good place to start.

Go up or down from there?

420 is near!

EVO time!

IUvxThC.jpg

@TboneToker do you respect 420?
I am going to have my 420 sesssion after I change glass:
CZnJgcU.jpg

EAKpGSz.jpg

Finally 420 ready!

Last edited:

Baron23

I look at it like a clock!

Some strains = 11:00
Some strains = 2:30

It depends on the cure?

1:30 is my setting with BUBBLE GUM OG

set it as you need:

1:30 is a good place to start.

Go up or down from there?

420 is near!

EVO time!

IUvxThC.jpg

@TboneToker do you respect 420?
I am going to have my 420 sesssion after I change glass:
CZnJgcU.jpg

EAKpGSz.jpg

Finally 420 ready!
I'm with you, my friend @ataxian. 1:30 or 2 pm on the dial works. I know I can extract at lower temps, but I like the EVO for being the vape equivalent of a bong and so I run 1. - .15 grams at 2 pm and suck it out in a 3-4 draws max, depending on the herb.

And boy, I'm glad I'm not a piece of glass in your house! LOL I know you do this as a humanitarian effort to keep glass blowers productively occupied! haha

Cheers

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm with you, my friend @ataxian. 1:30 or 2 pm on the dial works. I know I can extract at lower temps, but I like the EVO for being the vape equivalent of a bong and so I run 1. - .15 grams at 2 pm and suck it out in a 3-4 draws max, depending on the herb.

And boy, I'm glad I'm not a piece of glass in your house! LOL I know you do this as a humanitarian effort to keep glass blowers productively occupied! haha

Cheers
Funny I prided myself in having coordination beyond normal. (before I got ATAXIA)
Surfing big wave's and skiing black diamond runs?

Why do I have all hard surfaces? (counters & floors)
I'm a clean freak and hate carpet.

Maybe that why I have so much glass?

Breaking glass is funny to me.

I break it often.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Cheers

@Baron23 I broke my favorite ASH CATCHER while showing it?
I keep Glass Blowers busy!

Laughing so hard after a EVO BASKET with a hydrotube made in CALIFORNIA. (that would make me cry to break!)
It was BANK! (9mm and I have been using it most day's)
The perk is crooked however still work's pretty nice!

CuckFumbustion

Funny I prided myself in having coordination beyond normal. (before I got ATAXIA)
Surfing big wave's and skiing black diamond runs?

Why do I have all hard surfaces? (counters & floors)
I'm a clean freak and hate carpet.

Maybe that why I have so much glass?

Breaking glass is funny to me.

I break it often.
And why do I insist on putting a large marble tile underneath my vapes? :doh:I have a perfectly good green silicone mat that I can clean, with ISO and a silicone brush for that matter.
But I keep using the tile until I break another falling adapter. :bang: Broken several adapters foolishly. I forget my setup has some loose pieces and I space out after a few draws. Then I forget and pull my whip out and there goes another adapter to the floor. Tried to use clips, but my glass is to unconventional to fit those.

I like hard surfaces, but I respect them. @ataxian you might want to invest in a silicone mat and save the glass. I broke a nice piece that I would appreciate more now that I know a little more about what I'm doing, I guess.:haw:
Don't suffer from ataxia, but have fumble-itis and forget-fullness. Always trying to make my setup more fumble and forgetful friendly.

Speaking of forgetting, Quit preheating to MAX as often, keep accidentally near combusting. If I'm not careful, I can combust at 1:00 if the bottom of the ELB gets clogged.

CuckFumbustion

Can anyone recommend a protective case for the Glass?
Not sure if you meant portability or not? :hmm:
Pelican make rugged cases. There is several DIY options and form fitting foam to use also. I don't know of any cases made for the EVO especially. There is some sellers who will sell you an 'EVO' case which is one of there plain cases that may or may not have been specially fitted for the EVO kit. So be skeptical of you see that. :2c:

The retail box or the foam that comes with it might make a good template as to what dimensions you might as to want the foam to be cut or formed. Some protective cases simply have a softer crush-able square layer of foam where the items will be resting. so when you close the lid the contents are pressed in so things don't move about.

Stormsend

Hooked up my Cloud Evo. Was surprised how small the box was, can fit with shoe boxes easily. I plugged it in for 15min on max temp to "clean" it. Switched it back to 12 o'clock to prep for my first hit. I took a bit of vaped material from my pax 2 and mixed it with fresh material and put it in that metal housing. I practiced using my turbine and I thought something was broken because whenever I pulled it would leak. Found out I overfilled. Anyway we were good to go. I took a big ripped and it was awesome to be able to see through the glass then watching it fill with clouds. I took about 3 hits and I'm done shit it is awesome.

+1 Because they packed in a bag of white cheddar pop corn in my box lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom