Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I disagree @jackmormon , I thought he voiced his negative experience as cordially and politely as possible.....he could say nothing about the negative experience, but then wouldn't that be slander (or at least disingenuous) the opposite direction? If it's the only company he's had to issue a chargeback with, I am glad to know about it, and he is glad we're all enjoying our EVOs, but it is not for him

I think the track record of VXH speaks for itself too, lots of people have had problems and posted about it, and lots of people have had quick and painless solutions. A negative opinion/experience, is just that, and doesn't take away from the good CS we've all had or insinuate bad things about VXL. Calling it slanderous and "most uncool" kind of cheapens or dismisses the complaint IMO

I can see how you would interpret the idea someone was injured and afraid to post as slanderous to VXH (and FC as a whole), but lets not shoot the messenger?

.02, just how I read into it.

I have been DESTROYING dabs with my VX Nails....so tasty! Had some bho that just does not taste great off the TI nail.....but boy oh boy does it taste awesome with the EVO! :rockon:

@DieHard this may sound silly, and likely isn't the cause but maybe? I notice you have it on some sort of mat? Maybe it "sunk" in a bit? And restricted the amount of airflow you're pulling in from the bottom?

I only mention this because the only time I combusted in my EVO, was with the whip, and I was using it on an Ottoman as a makeshift table. It stood up fine, but it was being smothered on the bottom and resulted in my combustion. I doubt your mat is doing the same thing as my ottoman, certainly to a lesser extent if at all, but maybe?

Or you were just REALLY sipping that thing :lol:
It could very well have been that placemat restricting it. It hasn't happened with the hydra tube. I think I was actually hoovering on it because the cherry went into the adaptor. Maybe I sucked up the placemat. I have to work on my VXN technique.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
If you have the time and inclination, start out an ELB on 11 or 12, and you can really savor the taste. That taste, that incredible taste that you experience and all the nuggy nuances, neat as you please, as you exhale partially through your nose.
Then, up it to wherever you like to finish a hit.
Oh, my. I miss my EVO.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
A lot of folks say the EVO hits like a punch in the face.

I say it's like a drop kick to the head.

Either way, I'm being assaulted.
I think the EVO is what you make it?
Punch in the Face!
Drop kick to the Head!

Sweeeeet Flavoooor before bed session.

GORILLA GLUE OG tonight!
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES tomorrow night!

CIVILIZED!

CARL SAGAN = Pale Blue Dot

Perspective!

biohacker

Sorry but your last comment is one of the most uncool comments I have ever seen posted on FC. Maybe it is just me but it sounds like you are trying to start a rumor and hurt a business you had a bad experience with. If this place wasn't anonymous, I think the term is slander.

If someone was really injured by using an EVO they should post about it -- scared or not -- to warn other enthusiasts in good conscious. I think most of us who read this thread would want to know the FACTS - not insinuations.

My comment was about the insinuation that an EVO "seriously injured" a member of this forum who is too scared to post about it. I could care less what his or her experience was with VapeXhale but this type of insinuation in this community should not go unchallenged. If it is true, that forum member should post about it, cuz we are like a community here who watch out for each other!

Wow. You've been here since 2011 and post something like that? You may wanna actually READ this thread! That user DID post about it but then was chased out of here! I wish I had the time to search the thread for all of my posts on the topic, SM55's posts, and I think the user that was injured that had to go to the ER and is STILL severely suffering posted very recently, within the last couple of months. Those are FACTS. Just like SM55 said that just because you can smell melting plastic, it doesn't mean it's "bad for you". VXL is definitely NOT a young company. I've been here since the beginning, maybe try doing some research, and I don't just mean on this forum. Oh, and when you read - you'll see I had the same issue with my Cloud+, although it wasn't as intense, and plasticky, but more like solder.

I still don't know what the smell is, the issue was documented here by him but then pretty much brushed over like it doesn't exist. To me it smells like solder which can't be good but I checked all the posts about it & the last post on the subject from the company stated quite clearly that there was no harmful off gassing that could occur from the Evo. I'm a huge VapeXhale fan so of course I'd like to trust them on that.

Thanks bro, it was definitely brushed over...it smells like a solder/plastic to me, and i'm pretty sure it's the sheathing heating up, and ofcourse coming up through the bottom seam. It's refreshing that some people actual read threads.

Damn, I tried to put this topic to REST! It's all been talked about already! :doh:

EDIT: took me about 30 seconds to find @Drew_de_Verdamper Posts on the topic. Page 410 for those that know how to read. You can go back to Summer 2014 to read about it from the start and SM55's posts on the topic.

PEACE OUT.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Wow. You've been here since 2011 and post something like that? You may wanna actually READ this thread! That user DID post about it but then was chased out of here! I wish I had the time to search the thread for all of my posts on the topic, SM55's posts, and I think the user that was injured that had to go to the ER and is STILL severely suffering posted very recently, within the last couple of months. Those are FACTS. Just like SM55 said that just because you can smell melting plastic, it doesn't mean it's "bad for you". VXL is definitely NOT a young company. I've been here since the beginning, maybe try doing some research, and I don't just mean on this forum. Oh, and when you read - you'll see I had the same issue with my Cloud+, although it wasn't as intense, and plasticky, but more like solder.

Thanks bro, it was definitely brushed over...it smells like a solder/plastic to me, and i'm pretty sure it's the sheathing heating up, and ofcourse coming up through the bottom seam. It's refreshing that some people actual read threads.

Damn, I tried to put this topic to REST! It's all been talked about already! :doh:

EDIT: took me about 30 seconds to find @Drew_de_Verdamper Posts on the topic. Page 410 for those that know how to read. You can go back to Summer 2014 to read about it from the start and SM55's posts on the topic.

PEACE OUT.
@biohacker I read all the post sometime ago!
That is why I waited for the issues to be resolved.

I move slower than most however for a reason.

McDonald's had a customer burn their hand on coffee?
Their coffee these days is not too bad.

The EVO I received works fine except for the whistle I ignore.

"The past does not equal the future"

A fictional character talked about forgiveness years ago!

Forgive BREW!

Last edited:

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
Same here. It seems that the notches are much larger than other pictures I've seen.
I think that was the standard on older nails. I bought a couple of used quartz nails that had the bigger notches and the older pictures I saw had the same.

c76man,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
So I'm trying the VXN again. Put in a rice-sized dab (Xtractology Bluberry Jack Sugar)and hit it slow. I got a nice hit and pulled the HT early enough to avoid bad flavor. Then there was a pop/poof sound and a small red fireball down in the VXN. I know my meds are clean, so WTF happened. Dial was set about 2:30.

freshly baked

So I'm trying the VXN again. Put in a rice-sized dab (Xtractology Bluberry Jack Sugar)and hit it slow. I got a nice hit and pulled the HT early enough to avoid bad flavor. Then there was a pop/poof sound and a small red fireball down in the VXN. I know my meds are clean, so WTF happened. Dial was set about 2:30.

I've read on here and had the best results with oil on 12 o clock. Take your hit then turn it all the way up but dont hit it. Only to burn off the residue.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
12 O'Clock is my number on the dial. (I cough if I go higher)
So far it's working?
I have some dirty stuff (OG Surfers wax) however it taste pretty amazing?
Plus the medication is kind of intense!

KimDracula

Wtf? How does this even happen? Wish I could help but I've never heard of this one before. What could be catching fire?

KimDracula,
Reactions: ataxian

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I've had that happen, assumed it was something just burning off or my meds weren't as clean as I hoped. High temp and the EVO was running for awhile too when it happened, thought it was probably just too hot

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: ataxian

smartbass

Oh yea the bloody thing weighs three volcanos and a half!!

In all seriousness tho its not that much heavier than a portable, and the standard power cord of which I have like 6 laying around means that I can take it around plugging it here and there without bringing a cord. Does make me anxious the fact that how high it gets you and trippin about with this thing in hand with the all glass vape inside calls for happy little accidents if not careful, as you can see it has me speaking like yoda after 2 ezlb s and a DAAAAAB. Fuck I love this thing.
as far as another cord goes can you use a tower pc cord?

smartbass,

gaseous_clay

I threw out my stock cord. The cord itself was fine, but when plugged into EVO it was so tight it felt like I was going to rip the guts out the EVO when removing it.

I haven't seen any nice, long pretty braided power cables. :(

@DieHard I've that same thing happen with XT and the EVO. I think it's the Sugar Wax. I had it happen with some Jedi Sugar Wax from XT. I don't think it's anything serious or harmful. I believe it may have some to do with the dense crystals

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@DieHard & @Cannabis Connoisseur this happens when concentrate hits the side of the bamboo and flash heats.

I'm not sure yet what we are doing to get this result, but the only place it can come out is the slit.

EDIT: I'm being told this usually happens when there is a slight amount of oil on the outside of the nail that the user doesn't notice when loading.

EDIT2: It doesn't hurt anything other than to waste some of your concentrate.

Last edited:

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
... i'm considering the EVO something fierce...
...I think my OCD can handle a subtle whistle... my only hold back is i've seen mixed reviews about the unit being used inverted, as this will be how i would be using it.

Is this true that the EVO does not preform as well when inverted?

tia :tup:

Justpassedu

... i'm considering the EVO something fierce...
...I think my OCD can handle a subtle whistle... my only hold back is i've seen mixed reviews about the unit being used inverted, as this will be how i would be using it.

Is this true that the EVO does not preform as well when inverted?

tia :tup:
The Evo performs just as well inverted as upright. Vapexhale recommends not to leave it on and inverted but is fine to invert it to take your hit. The whistle imo is somewhat annoying but I have found you can inhale above or below the whistle although I been finding I get my best hits when I hit that whistle point.

MarsellusWallace

I've been using the replacement hydrabomb they sent me--it's a major improvement. That center stem is still a bit crooked, but barely noticeable and MUCH better than that last one I got. I think it hits better as well, although that may just be my stoned mind playing tricks on me.

One thing I've noticed, and I'm sure this has been discussed several times both in this thread and on youtube reviews, is that when I pack the ELB around 1/4-1/3 full I get MASSIVE, COUGH-INDUCING clouds!! I used to pack it halfway or even 75% full. I would get more hits but the vapor was thin and wispy.

So for anyone who wants to mimic the "bong hit" experience, I would pack the ELB only about 25% full, set it to 1:00-1:30, and you'll get 2-3 fat hits that will just have you ripped out of your mind! :science:

Top Bottom