Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hi everybody, after a long research, I've finally decided that the Evo was the vaporizer of my dreams.
The only thing that still bothers me though is the lack of digital display, but no one seems to have a real problem with it, so I guess it's no biggie and I'm just being picky :)

I do have one question though before I order the Evo.
This model is currently a bit older than 2 years. Since the Cloud OG was replaced by its successor one year after its release, and considering the phenomenal sales that figured on Vapexhales' website, I wonder if it's possible that a new model will be released some time in the near future? It would pretty much piss me off to buy an Evo now only to find out a new enhanced model is coming out in 4 months.
Do any of you maybe have information that I couldn't find online?

Thanks,
AH

If you are in the US you can save an extra 10% with my code.

From what I know, a portable and a digital Evo are on the horizon somewhere. I don't think an arrival is imminent, but I'm not privy to those plans. I'd be surprised if anything came out in the next four months, but that's not because I know anything about it. I can say that I was told that the new price reduction was not done to clear stock to make room for new stock, but rather part of a new marketing plan.

Likes2vape

From what I know, a portable and a digital Evo are on the horizon somewhere. I don't think an arrival is imminent, but I'm not privy to those plans. I'd be surprised if anything came out in the next four months, but that's not because I know anything about it. I can say that I was told that the new price reduction was not done to clear stock to make room for new stock, but rather part of a new marketing plan.
I can only imagine how much vxh sales have gone up since the price reduction. They are making less profit per unit now but I'm sure the overall profit is up just from the sheer volume of units they have been selling. I hope to see big things from VXH in the feature and can not wait to see what they unveil in a portable. Digi temp control doesn't interest me.

jim-bob

I really hope they can keep it together. I really like my evo, but a lot of what vxh does makes me a little nervous as a consumer.

mikeben

Are you saying that 1-2 is too hot for dry? And yes I need to experiment with it more. Sadly with weed I feel like a burglar in my own house. My mrs is totally against it. She literally can sniff a single grain of weed in the house ( I can easily imagine her sitting down happily next to a luggage or scratching it at the airport indicating a find) . I only vape once a week on weekends after work and every time she begs me to see a doctor about my drug addiction. I'm not even allowed to talk on this subject. I'm only braking the law when everyone at home goes to sleep, risking to see the divorce papers one day and half of my kingdom taken away. So my play time is very limited.

Talking about clouds I noticed that those first most potent hits are barely visible and big clouds have little effect.
So sorry the Mrs. doesn't approve, you just got to convince her it's so much less harmful than drinking, and that vaping has honestly saved lives. I was almost non functional when I joined this board, now I am getting a normal life back. My wife was furious when I started cannabis 5 years ago, now she supports me 100 percent, though she sometimes still complains about the smell. She just wants me well.

Back to EVO, yes even with bad stuff I can extract on very low temps dry or wet. At ten I always see something great at a 60 percent fill. Start at noon and go down, it works like that.

Concerning the price reduction. I am so glad VapeXhale did this, I could never have afforded my collection without it. I would have missed out on some wonderful vaping and my health is amazingly improved with the EVO. This has brought it into so many people's lives that never could have considered it before and mine has had ZERO issues since I bought the Thanksgiving circ bundle. Very glad to have it in my collection and before the price drop I couldn't have considered it.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I would say they made a great change to their marketing plans!

I have no interest in a Digital EVO, a Portable one would obviously intrigue :)

Best thing I've found about the whip kit, I cleaned all my glass out last week. I have NOT been dabbing regularly and have only been consuming concentrates with the VXN and whip kit. That piece of glass is damn near is spotless still! There is a little residue in it when I was short on time one day and just threw a nail on the rig, but the whip kit is so nice IMO because of how clean it keeps your glass. My whip, is kind of dirty but not filthy by any means.

Oh, http://www.vapexhale.com/collections/hydratubes/products/from-the-vault-swaggercirc-hydratube
:drool:

Last edited:

Havoc

@LegaliseIt Thanks for the elaborated response! To be honest, I didn't and still don't have the courage to browse through the whole thread to find those informations, I feel like I would lose an insane amount of time :)
I'm from Luxembourg, so I can't benefit from the new prices VXL offers, since they're not allowed to deliver to Europe anymore. And Vapefiend is still a LOT more expensive than VXL. What UK sites offer the discounts? I found a french site (lacentralevapeur.com) this week that offers better prices, they seem serious too, but it's still quite expensive. I've just finished my studies, no job yet, so it's still a very big investment for me. Maybe I shouldn't think so much about the price anymore, since it won't be forever until I find a job, my expenses will be a lot more trivial once I earn some serious money.
I know exactly what you mean, the EVO is still an excellent vaporizer, a new model would not make it any less performant. I know I'd just be frustrated to not have their latest vaporizer (if it's as good or better than the EVO). I'm getting seriously tired of smoking, the time has come to change my habits.
But you've helped me to think better about this, I think I'll make the step to order one. What's the best place to order the EVO from in Europe? It kinda sucks Vapefiend, as an official reseller, doesn't reflect the discounts of VXL.

@stickstones Nope, I'm in Europe, but thanks anyway!

Hearing how you guys are satisfied with your EVO without more precise control on temperature reassures me. I'm kind of a perfectionist and tend to want to have as much control as possible on what I do. A digital display would please my limited OCD behavior, even though I know it's not necessary.
Would any of you guys care to tell me how much you know about the new developments (ie the portable vape and the new model)? Where do you have your information from?
I preordered the Grasshopper, since I'm often on the go, the reviews have gotten a lot better the last couple of weeks, but… yeah, that's unrelated to this thread ;)

mikeben

@LegaliseIt Thanks for the elaborated response! To be honest, I didn't and still don't have the courage to browse through the whole thread to find those informations, I feel like I would lose an insane amount of time :)
I'm from Luxembourg, so I can't benefit from the new prices VXL offers, since they're not allowed to deliver to Europe anymore. And Vapefiend is still a LOT more expensive than VXL. What UK sites offer the discounts? I found a french site (lacentralevapeur.com) this week that offers better prices, they seem serious too, but it's still quite expensive. I've just finished my studies, no job yet, so it's still a very big investment for me. Maybe I shouldn't think so much about the price anymore, since it won't be forever until I find a job, my expenses will be a lot more trivial once I earn some serious money.
I know exactly what you mean, the EVO is still an excellent vaporizer, a new model would not make it any less performant. I know I'd just be frustrated to not have their latest vaporizer (if it's as good or better than the EVO). I'm getting seriously tired of smoking, the time has come to change my habits.
But you've helped me to think better about this, I think I'll make the step to order one. What's the best place to order the EVO from in Europe? It kinda sucks Vapefiend, as an official reseller, doesn't reflect the discounts of VXL.

@stickstones Nope, I'm in Europe, but thanks anyway!

Hearing how you guys are satisfied with your EVO without more precise control on temperature reassures me. I'm kind of a perfectionist and tend to want to have as much control as possible on what I do. A digital display would please my limited OCD behavior, even though I know it's not necessary.
Would any of you guys care to tell me how much you know about the new developments (ie the portable vape and the new model)? Where do you have your information from?
I preordered the Grasshopper, since I'm often on the go, the reviews have gotten a lot better the last couple of weeks, but… yeah, that's unrelated to this thread ;)
http://www.vapexhale.com/pages/temperature-settings-guide

mikeben,
Reactions: Havoc

2 Cycle

Really the only qualm I have with the evo is the plug input. Pretty loose I would say, not horrible but not ideal. You guys have any fixes or improvements on that?

2 Cycle,

Harmoniousliving

Really the only qualm I have with the evo is the plug input. Pretty loose I would say, not horrible but not ideal. You guys have any fixes or improvements on that?
Are you using the stock ?mine is super tight. I use one from my errlectric and it's way more loose and much easier to get out.

Mangos

Hey guys, pretty sure my turbine HT is leaking, been enjoying using it less and less the past week. Today when I cleaned it I noticed water coming out through the bottom of the joint. When you draw on the Turbine it seems to hit fine, but when you blow through the HT water comes pouring out through the bottom. Shame as I baby this thing- every time I use it the price tag pops in my head, hence why I clean it regularly.
Here is a vid, sorry for the shit quality and if you don't want to see a hairy leg avoid the last 2 seconds of the video .
https://vid.me/AQki

Mangos,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Hey guys, pretty sure my turbine HT is leaking, been enjoying using it less and less the past week. Today when I cleaned it I noticed water coming out through the bottom of the joint. When you draw on the Turbine it seems to hit fine, but when you blow through the HT water comes pouring out through the bottom. Shame as I baby this thing- every time I use it the price tag pops in my head, hence why I clean it regularly.
Here is a vid, sorry for the shit quality and if you don't want to see a hairy leg avoid the last 2 seconds of the video .
https://vid.me/AQki
Why are you blowing? Water went down through the slits in the 18mm joint went you forced water through the top overflow.

Likes2vape

You're not supposed to blow through the hydratube or any bong for that matter. It will always leak if you blow through it. Does it leak if you fill it to the proper water level and let it sit? Does it leak when you just hit it and don't blow through it?

Mangos

Well just inhaling on it, I can see more water travelling to the bottom of the HT just sitting in the bottom chamber and that never happened before. Well will just keep an eye on it for now, thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

Mangos,

MinnBobber

Well just inhaling on it, I can see more water travelling to the bottom of the HT just sitting in the bottom chamber and that never happened before.
Can you post pics of your water level, or describe it exactly?
Too high of a water level can cause this.

Also, note that sucking on the HT when not connected to anything can cause this. With no restriction, the water bubbles way higher than when connected and can get into places it does not with normal use---like up the mouthpiece or into the bottom chamber.

Mangos

Can you post pics of your water level, or describe it exactly?
Too high of a water level can cause this.

Also, note that sucking on the HT when not connected to anything can cause this. With no restriction, the water bubbles way higher than when connected and can get into places it does not with normal use---like up the mouthpiece or into the bottom chamber.
The water level is just below the gridded Barrel. This is happening when using it on the evo itself- I am noticing more water build up in the bottom chamber without blowing into it like a dumbass.

KimDracula

It shouldn't leak like that whether blowing into it or just overflowing. If it leaks that easily then the overflow chamber is pretty useless. Looks like the water is flowing right into the joint.

KimDracula,
Reactions: Mangos

MinnBobber

The water level is just below the gridded Barrel. This is happening when using it on the evo itself- I am noticing more water build up in the bottom chamber without blowing into it like a dumbass.

IMO, your water level is way too high. I feel HT's are designed to work properly with much less.
I tried to copy a still pic from video, to no avail. Either at the beginning or the moment after you stop inhaling--- water is very high.

My water level is always well below the "turbine blade". Yours is above the blade. Even below the turbine blade, you get big bubble action going up the tube. When one stops inhaling, water falls back down and you get a surging/splashing action that can send droplets upward into the "upper chamber intake port" if water is too high.

You could indeed have a faulty piece BUT that should leak sitting still. you might want to try lower water level to see what happens.
Good luck.

LegaliseIt

Well guys, it's time for the final verdict. Yesterday I got just some regular looking and smelling blue cheese fired up my EVO and connected to Mobius Stereo Matrix (enchased by Chinese manufactures). Amazing.

First of all I had one of the best highs so far. Defo in my top three so far. Of course this may be mostly weed related but anyway this thing hits hard. The vapour is smooth and cool, no throat or lung irritation what so ever. I was able to fill up my lungs to the full capacity with no coughing and tears. I only wish I could have picked a single perc Mobius as I'd like a touch more of flavour. I have a feeling that double perc gives slightly too much diffusion for my lining. If someone could recommend some Chinese glass for this matter I'd be grateful.

So I can easily forgive cheap looks and take back most of my initial complaints and concerns. Cloud Evo is a minimalistic, easy to use vaporiser yet offering outstanding performance. I'd give it a score 8.5/10. The only negatives after using with HT are the finger thick power cord which makes all the setup dangerously flimsy. I have a strong feeling that it's only a matter of time till my Mobius with EVO connected to the side through an adapter fells over and brakes. Probably will order a single perc Mobius with connection joint right on the top before this happens.

And yes this whistle when you take a strong long draw is a bit annoying. It kinda makes me took out for that cobra which may just pop out of some basket somewhere. But generally I'm very happy with my EVO.

You're not supposed to blow through the hydratube or any bong for that matter. It will always leak if you blow through it. Does it leak if you fill it to the proper water level and let it sit? Does it leak when you just hit it and don't blow through it?

What is the proper water level? What are the general rules? I've never had bongs or bubblers before.

harmless healing

So I have finally noticed a dark brown ring of oily residue in my bamboo, just under the joint. Aswell as a few spots of avb that have crept in sitting lower.

I am scared shitless about cleaning this vape. Can anyone offer any helpful tips?

Cheers

harmless healing,

gaseous_clay

So I have finally noticed a dark brown ring of oily residue in my bamboo, just under the joint. Aswell as a few spots of avb that have crept in sitting lower.

I am scared shitless about cleaning this vape. Can anyone offer any helpful tips?

Cheers
Dip a q-tip in some ISO. Wipe it all around, as deep as you can. It will clean it up nicely.

I'm hoping this company has plans for a digital temperature controlled unit.

I'm a purist and need exact temperature control.

My Volcano digital needs to be dethroned, can't believe it's been like 8 years and no other competitor other than the overpriced herbalizer has come close.

northern2020,
Reactions: I.b.vaping

virtualpurple

I'm hoping this company has plans for a digital temperature controlled unit.

I'm a purist and need exact temperature control.

My Volcano digital needs to be dethroned, can't believe it's been like 8 years and no other competitor other than the overpriced herbalizer has come close.

I dunno if I'd agree with that. Whole lotta folks are happy with their Herbalaire Elites, Ascents, Mighty, etc.

virtualpurple,
Top Bottom