Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
It was a non-UK plug, three pronged with 2 rectangular and 1 circular prongs, so I had to go and buy an adapter because there wasn't one provided (Which I'm pretty sure is also against the law)

So is this there fault it blew?
What sort of adapter did you buy?
Was is just a simple plug adapter or was it a converter?

To use 110V devices in the UK, you need a step up transformer

Pyr0,

Kamwah

What sort of adapter did you buy?
Was is just a simple plug adapter or was it a converter?

To use 110V devices in the UK, you need a step up transformer

Just a regular plug adapter from Maplin, cheap thing.

Ok, guess they've got some explaining to do when I speak to them tonight. If not I'm doing a chargeback tomorrow morning.

I.b.vaping

Just a regular plug adapter from Maplin, cheap thing.

Ok, guess they've got some explaining to do when I speak to them tonight. If not I'm doing a chargeback tomorrow morning.
I would say they definitely shouldn't be selling the 110v model to anyone in the uk! Email vapexhale or look on their website as it definitely says 110v model not to be used outside US!EVEN WITH A STEP UP TRANSFORMER!! ! Would definitely get your money back and go Vapefiend

I.b.vaping,
Reactions: Pyr0

Kamwah

I would say they definitely shouldn't be selling the 110v model to anyone in the uk! Email vapexhale or look on their website as it definitely says 110v model not to be used outside US!EVEN WITH A STEP UP TRANSFORMER!! ! Would definitely get your money back and go Vapefiend

I wonder if they'll give me a partial refund for returning the unit and letting me keep the hydratube T_T
I'll update you guys on how it goes with EDIT.

Thanks for the info

I.b.vaping

I wonder if they'll give me a partial refund for returning the unit and letting me keep the hydratube T_T
It's weird I was going to buy from them just a few days ago! But got on contact with Vapefiend about no Hydratubes in Stock and they said that if I buy the standard kit they would give me an £80 credit so that when Hydratubes back in Stock it would cost me the same as if I'd bought a kit and I would have a free dry mouthpiece, they ate good guys over at Vapefiend

Edit Vapefiend said Hydratubes due in early January

I.b.vaping,

Mangos

Thanks for the info
Hey dude if you can get a refund and get it from Vapefiend. I have no affiliation with vapefiend but after a few bad experiences with Edit and the customer service I decided to start using vapefiend and they are great and reliable. In edit it seems that its the same dude answering the phones - When I had to exchange my faulty SSV it was a nightmare. Get a refund and go to Vapefiend it is a little bit more dearer but the customer service is great. They are also authorized retailers of the EVO. So if the bamboo should break ( the glass on top ) they could fix that in house.

TurboVape

It's weird I was going to buy from them just a few days ago! But got on contact with Vapefiend about no Hydratubes in Stock and they said that if I buy the standard kit they would give me an £80 credit so that when Hydratubes back in Stock it would cost me the same as if I'd bought a kit and I would have a free dry mouthpiece, they ate good guys over at Vapefiend

Edit Vapefiend said Hydratubes due in early January

:o They didn't offer that to me! I enquired about the lack of Hydratubes as well. Perhaps I should send a cheeky email :)

Apart from that, always had great service from Vapefiend, can't say the same about EDIT they went downhill after the original owners sold out. Hope you get it sorted

DabDiva

i am finding it oh so hard to pay $100 for 5 quartz vapexnails ( but i will say this is much better than the previous 2 for $100 deal..)

Can people testify that they are worth this price tag?

Hard to imagine with a Dnail Quartz Halo costing the same, but i am highly interested in pure convection concentrate hits currently :science:

DabDiva,

Kamwah

What are the advantages with quartz nails? I tried googling it but couldn't find any explanations

Thanks for the info guys, will go with vapefiend.

mikeben

What are the advantages with quartz nails? I tried googling it but couldn't find any explanations

Once you get used to the added functionality of quartz, well I never did use any of my glass nails again.

I do like the old design's test tube bottom and wider mouth far better, but I only bought one because of the high price the dealer was selling them for. I got one when it was on sale.

Despite the fact that the new design isn't as cool or easy looking, I am trying these because I really want some more quartz at a price I can pull off. I simply don't want to use the glass again because I don't want to torch them or even clean them in the EVO full power. I also don't like that I can't dunk them in cold water after a good hot clean. The quarts also tastes cleaner to me. The price is pretty good with the @stickstones discount.

mikeben,

KimDracula

I think the only significant difference is that you can torch them clean without worrying so much about breakage.

KimDracula,

Kamwah

I think the only significant difference is that you can torch them clean without worrying so much about breakage.

Sounds like it saves a lot of hassle.

Getting a full refund from EDIT, thankfully wasn't as much of a pain as I thought it'd be.

Got in touch with Vapefiend and they're not sure when they'll have the bundles instock but as soon as they appear I'm buying one. Wonder if they'll stock the Hydrabomb too.

b0

Cloudy...
Sounds like it saves a lot of hassle.

Getting a full refund from EDIT, thankfully wasn't as much of a pain as I thought it'd be.

Got in touch with Vapefiend and they're not sure when they'll have the bundles instock but as soon as they appear I'm buying one. Wonder if they'll stock the Hydrabomb too.

You won't regret it, VF guys are one of the coolest guys in the industry and the best ones in Europe, they always take care of me

Naes

Had an awful experience the other night. I was using my Cloud Evo as I normally do and then looked over to see my bamboo was BRIGHT orange, and when I went to turn the unit off it was INSANELY hot and I unplugged it right away. My bamboo was still intact and I have not since turned the unit back one but I was very worried it is faulty or damaged. My bamboo was BRIGHT orange like in the second picture from this post by Seek http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud-evo.11357/page-304#post-808416 altho I had no melting thankfully.

I have been in contact with VXL support and was given all the info and necessary labels so that I can send my unit in tomorrow. So far my experience with customer support has been great but I am very very concerned about my Evo.

I packaged it up as safely as I could and will pop it in the mail tomorrow. I really hope everything goes smoothly, I am nervous! I will keep you guys updated with how it turns out!

Naes,

mikeben

Had an awful experience the other night. I was using my Cloud Evo as I normally do and then looked over to see my bamboo was BRIGHT orange, and when I went to turn the unit off it was INSANELY hot and I unplugged it right away. My bamboo was still intact and I have not since turned the unit back one but I was very worried it is faulty or damaged. My bamboo was BRIGHT orange like in the second picture from this post by Seek http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud-evo.11357/page-304#post-808416 altho I had no melting thankfully.

I have been in contact with VXL support and was given all the info and necessary labels so that I can send my unit in tomorrow. So far my experience with customer support has been great but I am very very concerned about my Evo.

I packaged it up as safely as I could and will pop it in the mail tomorrow. I really hope everything goes smoothly, I am nervous! I will keep you guys updated with how it turns out!
Never heard of that one, but maybe bad airflow?

I just wish the current sleeve didn't go all the way down. It only gets hot at the part it used to cover and a lot of time the Velcro of the full length one gets caught in the bottom of the bamboo. I just never bother with it.

mikeben,

Havoc

Hi everybody, after a long research, I've finally decided that the Evo was the vaporizer of my dreams.
The only thing that still bothers me though is the lack of digital display, but no one seems to have a real problem with it, so I guess it's no biggie and I'm just being picky :)

I do have one question though before I order the Evo.
This model is currently a bit older than 2 years. Since the Cloud OG was replaced by its successor one year after its release, and considering the phenomenal sales that figured on Vapexhales' website, I wonder if it's possible that a new model will be released some time in the near future? It would pretty much piss me off to buy an Evo now only to find out a new enhanced model is coming out in 4 months.
Do any of you maybe have information that I couldn't find online?

Thanks,
AH

mikeben

Hi everybody, after a long research, I've finally decided that the Evo was the vaporizer of my dreams.
The only thing that still bothers me though is the lack of digital display, but no one seems to have a real problem with it, so I guess it's no biggie and I'm just being picky :)

This model is currently a bit older than 2 years. Since the Cloud OG was replaced by its successor one year after its release, and considering the phenomenal sales that figured on Vapexhales' website, I wonder if it's possible that a new model will be released some time in the near future? It would pretty much piss me off to buy an Evo now only to find out a new enhanced model is coming out in 4 months.

Thanks,
AH
Even if they do, I can't see it tasting better. Perfect vapor is perfect vapor.

LegaliseIt

Thanks,
AH

You are not alone my friend @Havoc . Those where exactly my thoughts before ordering EVO. If you dig deeper this thread you'll find some info suggesting that VXL developing new desktop model (with digital display) and some new portable vaporiser. Discounts on EVO and HT's in US and UK also indicate that those new product may even be really close to release. So you have two options: either wait or buy it now :). I decided to buy it now and tell you why in a moment. First of all I needed a powerful vaporiser today and not tomorrow. Secondly there is no guarantee that new products gonna be successful. This happens often in all industries. Even if a new EVO came out in few months time you'd probably want to wait for user reviews etc and after six months find yourself still following forum threads and no vaporiser. Will come back to this subject later.

When my EVO arrived I was surprised by cheap looks and feel of this device. I was holding it in my hands and could not believe that I actually paid almost £300 for some plastic thingy resembling a coffee grinder. Grinder being probably more complex device because of moving parts, blades etc. Wasn't blown away after first use either. Did not like how hot it gets. Having said that I must to admit that EVO gets you high fast and with little of herbs. In regards to vapour it does a brilliant job (which is main thing is it not?) . The more I use it the more I like it. And I have not used my EVO to the full potential yet. I don't have access to concentrates here in the UK and have not used any water tools with it only dry mouth piece.

Coming back to the topic I'd say that Cloud Evo extract most goodies form the herbs as it is now. I don't have any scientific data to prove my point but I don't think I'd get that high from the same amount of weed smoked in a form of joint or spliff. My point is that when you empty bowls after a session there is no much left behind. Here you are. Unless someone is silly enough to get dragged into hypes, clever marketing and salesmanship. Certain amount of weed goes into convection chamber, heats up to a certain temperature where cannabis gives away it's magic powers. I believe in EVO it's close to the maximum. Be it with digital display, gold plated or even diamond incrusted the effect would be more or less the same. And for me is the effect that matters most.

The word "salesmanship" brought me some memories from back in a day I think would be appropriate to share. I had an employee in one of my companies long time ago. She was by far the best sales magician I've ever seen. She had never worked for a fixed salary in her life. Only on commission. MLM guru, the real deal. Once I caught her selling some "magic orgasm remedy" to other office girls. The tincture supposed to help those women who have problems reaching orgasms. There is a line from her pitch that blew me away back then... " even if you have no problems with orgasm this tincture will benefit you. Many repeated customers claim that they started experiencing multiple orgasms and they are much more intense and colourful. ONE THING I CAN GUARANTY - AFTER FEW WEEKS YOU WILL SAY THAT ALL THE ORGASMS YOU'VE EXPERIENCED BEFORE TAKING THIS PRODUCT WHERE IN BLACK&WHITE. ....

So I can say for myself that I will buy another vaporiser only if it could make all my previous highs to look black & white. Until such vaporiser appears I'll stick to EVO. :)

mikeben

You are not alone my friend @Havoc . Those where exactly my thoughts before ordering EVO. If you dig deeper this thread you'll find some info suggesting that VXL developing new desktop model (with digital display) and some new portable vaporiser. Discounts on EVO and HT's in US and UK also indicate that those new product may even be really close to release. So you have two options: either wait or buy it now :). I decided to buy it now and tell you why in a moment. First of all I needed a powerful vaporiser today and not tomorrow. Secondly there is no guarantee that new products gonna be successful. This happens often in all industries. Even if a new EVO came out in few months time you'd probably want to wait for user reviews etc and after six months find yourself still following forum threads and no vaporiser. Will come back to this subject later.

When my EVO arrived I was surprised by cheap looks and feel of this device. I was holding it in my hands and could not believe that I actually paid almost £300 for some plastic thingy resembling a coffee grinder. Grinder being probably more complex device because of moving parts, blades etc. Wasn't blown away after first use either. Did not like how hot it gets. Having said that I must to admit that EVO gets you high fast and with little of herbs. In regards to vapour it does a brilliant job (which is main thing is it not?) . The more I use it the more I like it. And I have not used my EVO to the full potential yet. I don't have access to concentrates here in the UK and have not used any water tools with it only dry mouth piece.

Coming back to the topic I'd say that Cloud Evo extract most goodies form the herbs as it is now. I don't have any scientific data to prove my point but I don't think I'd get that high from the same amount of weed smoked in a form of joint or spliff. My point is that when you empty bowls after a session there is no much left behind. Here you are. Unless someone is silly enough to get dragged into hypes, clever marketing and salesmanship. Certain amount of weed goes into convection chamber, heats up to a certain temperature where cannabis gives away it's magic powers. I believe in EVO it's close to the maximum. Be it with digital display, gold plated or even diamond incrusted the effect would be more or less the same. And for me is the effect that matters most.

The word "salesmanship" brought me some memories from back in a day I think would be appropriate to share. I had an employee in one of my companies long time ago. She was by far the best sales magician I've ever seen. She had never worked for a fixed salary in her life. Only on commission. MLM guru, the real deal. Once I caught her selling some "magic orgasm remedy" to other office girls. The tincture supposed to help those women who have problems reaching orgasms. There is a line from her pitch that blew me away back then... " even if you have no problems with orgasm this tincture will benefit you. Many repeated customers claim that they started experiencing multiple orgasms and they are much more intense and colourful. ONE THING I CAN GUARANTY - AFTER FEW WEEKS YOU WILL SAY THAT ALL THE ORGASMS YOU'VE EXPERIENCED BEFORE TAKING THIS PRODUCT WHERE IN BLACK&WHITE. ....

So I can say for myself that I will buy another vaporiser only if it could make all my previous highs to look black & white. Until such vaporiser appears I'll stick to EVO. :)
Wait until you try a HT. You don't lose a bit of flavor through water, not even one drop.

LegaliseIt

@mikeben Hopefully this is tonight if only I'd be able to get some decent weed. My Mobius Stereo Matrix enchased by Chinese manufacturers arrived few days ago and the adapter came just this morning. Then I'll be able to say for sure if I'm happy or very happy with the EVO.

Now things are like this. I pack 3 ELBs up to like 60%. Vape on around 1-2 o'clock until no vapour is produced. First bowl has very little affect on me. But the first hit of a second bowl lifts me up significantly. And the first hit of a third bowl sends me to heaven. Sometimes a third bowl is not even needed (weed quality dependant perhaps). But with the dry piece all consecutive first hits feel too harsh for my throat and lungs. I cant hit it to the full lung capacity. I don't think I'm even close to 50%. I really hope that with HT those potent first hits will be less harsh, I'd be able inhale more and hold it in for a few seconds. At the moment I usually cough those precious first hits almost immediately. Does anyone have similar experience without HT (or maybe even with) or shall I start looking for new lungs?

And taste is secondary thing for me. I take marijuana for the effect and not for the taste. Tbh I'd prefer it tasted like beef jerky :)

LegaliseIt,

mikeben

@mikeben Hopefully this is tonight if only I'd be able to get some decent weed. My Mobius Stereo Matrix enchased by Chinese manufacturers arrived few days ago and the adapter came just this morning. Then I'll be able to say for sure if I'm happy or very happy with the EVO.

Now things are like this. I pack 3 ELBs up to like 60%. Vape on around 1-2 o'clock until no vapour is produced. First bowl has very little affect on me. But the first hit of a second bowl lifts me up significantly. And the first hit of a third bowl sends me to heaven. Sometimes a third bowl is not even needed (weed quality dependant perhaps). But with the dry piece all consecutive first hits feel too harsh for my throat and lungs. I cant hit it to the full lung capacity. I don't think I'm even close to 50%. I really hope that with HT those potent first hits will be less harsh, I'd be able inhale more and hold it in for a few seconds. At the moment I usually cough those precious first hits almost immediately. Does anyone have similar experience without HT (or maybe even with) or shall I start looking for new lungs?

And taste is secondary thing for me. I take marijuana for the effect and not for the taste. Tbh I'd prefer it tasted like beef jerky :)
I can start it about 9 30 and get great clouds dry, no wonder that first hit hurts!.

LegaliseIt

I can start it about 9 30 and get great clouds dry, no wonder that first hit hurts!.

Are you saying that 1-2 is too hot for dry? And yes I need to experiment with it more. Sadly with weed I feel like a burglar in my own house. My mrs is totally against it. She literally can sniff a single grain of weed in the house ( I can easily imagine her sitting down happily next to a luggage or scratching it at the airport indicating a find) . I only vape once a week on weekends after work and every time she begs me to see a doctor about my drug addiction. I'm not even allowed to talk on this subject. I'm only braking the law when everyone at home goes to sleep, risking to see the divorce papers one day and half of my kingdom taken away. So my play time is very limited.

Talking about clouds I noticed that those first most potent hits are barely visible and big clouds have little effect.

Top Bottom