Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I wasn't trying to make any issue out of this and I'm sorry if my post comes across that way. I've got nothing but mad respect for SM, Troi and the VXL crew. I was just looking for some reassurance to help ease my excitement and jitters while anticipating the arrival of my Evo.

That said, my concern has more to do with the temp range of the Evo. You said it yourself @Purpl3_Haz3, herbs are different in preparedness and to add to that: The temperatures at which herbs and their unique composition of chemicals vaporize can vary from strain to strain. With less "clicks" or steps on the dial to find the precise setting for a particular strain (because more of the dial is dedicated to higher temps for concentrates), the middle edge (of milk) between wispy and combusted becomes thinner. I suppose one can account for this with technique, like the rate of draw or ELB, but I had thought using the Cloud well didn't rely on such things.

As I don't have my Evo yet, I'm going to withhold further comments on this topic so as not to look any bigger of a jackass. Thank you for your replies guys. This is me -> :bowdown:reading your posts.
I didn't mean to imply that you were making an issue out of this, but I can see how my post came across that way. My apologies, as I was simply trying to reassure you...I didn't do a great job :lol: In all seriousness though, and I'm SURE others will chime in, AFAIK, even with the herbs and flower temps not spread across the entire range on the EVO's knob, I believe one will still be able to easily dial in on those spots. There are no clicks, and the dial will go in tiny increments...

As for @Live-N-Learn, who is or was having trouble finding the sweet spot...I believe they are looking for the spot that milks, and provides intense flavor. IMO, you can't quite have both, yet the Cloud/EVO should be as close as you may get. That being said, I know that flavor is always going to be far more intense, and tasty, IMO, at lower temps; and that when I want milk, it will not taste as good as that lighter fog. Just :2c:

So, @Ezzie Koffer, I hope you continue to ask questions, and stick around for more replies, from those who have EVO's already (unlike myself.) I'm sure you will be able to rest assured before long.

One other note that just sprung to mind. On my OG, even though I take advantage of the full range of temps, I find myself really only using a smaller range (9/10am to 2/3pm) which seems to be equivelant to the applicable flower range on the EVO, from 7/9am-1/2pm. Maybe things aren't so different? I'd definitely wait a little while longer though, before we see how things are going with the received EVO's. And please, don't let my posts push you away (anyone) and don't hesitate to tell me when I'm out of line ;) I really don't mean to offend, of come off in a negative way! :peace:

I have one more question about the temperature setting. are they set? what i mean is does it click into the 7 am or 9 am position. or is it just a dial that you move around to an approximate location
No clicks, the dial can go anywhere between the lowest and highest setting :tup:
If you got that impression from my post, then mea culpa, not my intent or meaning.

With virtually any vaporizer, there is some variation independent of the machine. It starts with moisture content in the herb, and possibly even ambient humidity. A very fine grind, especially of dry herb, affects air flow and extraction (how it happens varies by vape design, but whichever it happens). The strength and length of your pull affects the vapor/air ratio. The heat regulation of the EVO will maintain a constant temp (no matter how fast/hard you hit, btw).

When you get your EVO, I suggest the same approach as we did with previous Clouds. E.g., use a medium/fluffy grind, load a small amount (about .15g or 1/4 of the ELB), set the temp relatively low (try 9 o'clock), try hitting it light and hitting it hard, see your results. Then experiment further with load size, temp setting, and technique (which also btw can change with whatever glass you use) to find your sweet spot. Many here have different routines for time/activity of the day, e.g., a low temp to get more THC for socializing, a high temp to get the CBD's for a stone or for sleep, etc.

The experimenting is part of the fun. The range and versatility of the Cloud enables you to find exactly what works for you at a given time. You are able to effectively control what experience you want to have, without being constrained by the vape. And it doesn't take long to get one's routine(s) nailed down. Once done, it will be your individual "drop and inhale".

Finally, none of this has to do with the prior "manufacturing kinks". The heat delivery system of the EVO is one of its great strengths, and is more superior to prior Clouds than most of us knew. The extraction is phenomenal and totally complete. That the range extends to handle concentrates is a plus even for those of us (incl myself) who don't dab.

As others have already said, nothing so far indicates cause for concern. We just weren't quite prepared for how much better the EVO is. :D
@oldiebutgoodie, always saying it a little better than I ever could. I should have just not replied, knowing you'd probably come along and say what I was trying to, in the better way. :)

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
FUCKKKK 2 ELBs Down, only have 1 left. =\

SOOOO I tried the 5pm dial with 25% Full ELB. 1st hit was that MILKKKKK, with the taste!
2nd hit FILLED UP QUICK, I then looked down and saw the green light turn ORANGE!!!! took off the tube n the ELB was orange!!!. I used my EPIC to remove the ELB and dumped it with black everywhere. I combusted. :(
So that was my BEST hit followed by my WORST hit. Sheesh lol

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I agree, with the older units I never achieved combustion. It made my brain boil with stinky goodness, but no combustion in the unit.

:razz:
FUCKKKK 2 ELBs Down, only have 1 left. =\

SOOOO I tried the 5pm dial with 25% Full ELB. 1st hit was that MILKKKKK, with the taste!
2nd hit FILLED UP QUICK, I then looked down and saw the green light turn ORANGE!!!! took off the tube n the ELB was orange!!!. I used my EPIC to remove the ELB and dumped it with black everywhere. I combusted. :(
So that was my BEST hit followed by my WORST hit. Sheesh lol
I've done it with my OG Cloud...however, I'm sure it was due to the ELB being 1/3 full of Kief, rather than flowers...and I was at the 2:30 temp...
@Live-N-Learn, did it look anything like that? :brow: how fast/slow are you inhaling...try faster? May keep it from getting too hot, and keep it off the verge of combustion? Also, maybe a little lower than 5:30?

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Oh MY. NO it turned the bottom of the tube from green to orange. Then I removed it and it sparked orange like yours and i picked it off with epic. I didnt see anything on the edges, but i dumped it quickly. Thank da lawd for REZBLOCK, my glass has been takin a beating.

Oh yeah, if you do combust make sure you rub the inside of your GonG to remove the resin so it doesnt buildup. I wiped off a lot of resin because of that.

Im goin back to prenoon lol

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Oh MY. NO it turned the bottom of the tube from green to orange. Then I removed it and it sparked orange like yours and i picked it off with epic. I didnt see anything on the edges, but i dumped it quickly. Thank da lawd for REZBLOCK, my glass has been takin a beating.

Oh yeah, if you do combust make sure you rub the inside of your GonG to remove the resin so it doesnt buildup. I wiped off a lot of resin because of that.
Mine combusted while in the Cloud as well, I also used my E-pic tool to remove it, and thought, I don't wanna let this happen again...might as well capture the "kodak moment," and grabbed the iphone...I hit record, and blew at the ELB to make the cherry a little more visible again.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
OOOOO no not me, I thought 'GET THE CLOUD SAFE!' After i picked it I thought "GET THAT SHIT OUT THE ELB" lol
Like I said, I didn't go to film until AFTER I removed it from the Cloud ;) And that ELB from the video, while blackened, was still functional far beyond that day :cool:

So, has anyone been playing with the really low temps on their EVO's, like the lowest?

Purpl3_Haz3,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Yea I just dumped those ELBs in alcohol Is that enough to revive them? I remember seeing something about baking them in the oven or something, I dont wanna do that lol

----
UPDATE: Okay so you can definitely get milk on a 1 hitter on max with 25% ELB. Its tasty and milks heavy.

I waited 10 minutes and let the unit adjust down to the 1030-11 range. I got 4 hits[removing elb between hits] and realll good vapor production. A noticeable difference. Check it out. So maybe I didnt give the unit enough time to get ready for that Cloudlike hit I'm used to before while climbing temps, or maybe its best to set above desired range and move down if your looking for DENSE clouds. The taste was on point like expected and nothing was black.

2mrbecw.jpg

n33cqv.jpg

Last edited:

SD_haze

Yea I just dumped those ELBs in alcohol Is that enough to revive them? I remember seeing something about baking them in the oven or something, I dont wanna do that lol
Baking the ELB in the oven at low after an alcohol clean is just a 110% safety measure to make sure there's no more iso residue. If you wait long enough, they'll air dry just fine.

Myself, I do:
alcohol soak >> warm water rinse >> hot water rinse >> let ELBs sit out and dry under a hot lamp

oh ok. ive read about users vaping at 9am with previous clouds so if this version runs hotter maybe 7am also produces vapor. I would like to have the ability to vape at really low temps during the day. thc boiling point is 315 so I hope it can go down that low.
I used to use my old ticker at 10am or so on the dial and I had one of the clouds that had the rouge software. I never wanted to be without it so I never sent it in lol. Plus I liked that I could use the whole range of temps if I wanted.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Baking the ELB in the oven at low after an alcohol clean is just a 110% safety measure to make sure there's no more iso residue. If you wait long enough, they'll air dry just fine.

Myself, I do:
alcohol soak >> warm water rinse >> hot water rinse >> let ELBs sit out and dry under a hot lamp

Will do. I have them sitting in alcohol right now.

Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Hey everyone. I'm looking at pre-ordering one of these. I've never used a water tool of any kind - my entire experience with cannabis (or any other herb) consists of using a Ploom Pax for the last few months, at night before sleep for insomnia. The only problem I've had with it is mildly irritated lungs and dry mouth from breathing the hot dry vapor - not a huge deal but distracting when I'm trying to sleep - so vaping through water sounds like it'd make a lot of sense.

So I have two questions.

First, would this vape work well for me, as someone who takes a few puffs before sleep and would rather they be less hot and dry, or am I overlooking some better or easier solution? (I'm sure there are cheaper solutions but that's not a big priority for me. And I know people have hooked a Pax up to water tools but everything I've seen looks pretty MacGyver, and I'm not at all handy.)

Second, the pre-order page wants me to pick between a "Circ" and a "Showercap" and a "Tree" and I am just like wha? If someone who knows this stuff could recommend which to go with, I'd appreciate it. I care about ease of use and effectiveness conditioning the vapor, aesthetics and flavor hardly matter to me at all. (Maybe eventually I'll develop a taste for the flavor of cannabis vapor, but right now it just kinda tastes nasty to me.)

Anyway, thanks for helping out a clueless newb. :)

While this is highly subjective, I'd venture to guess that the EVO would suit you well, as long as the expense is not unreasonable to you for just limited use. If your objective is for sleep, then you need high enough heat to extract the CBD's, the broader the range of them the better. The Cloud/EVO can easily do this of course, but it's technology does so at a slightly lower temp compared to other vapes, and its extraction efficiency is superb enabling you to get more actives into a hit. I take several hits off my Cloud before bedtime, and it works very well for that. And I have very sensitive bronchi as well as dry mouth syndrome (it's hell to be an oldie).

Re the glass, you want maximum diffusion with least amount of pull required. The showercap is for flavor and has the least diffusion. The circ and tree are pretty similar as far as diffusion, for me (and I've heard others say, too) the circ pulls the easiest - and btw you will get a little more of a chug action whereas the tree has a bit more fizz. All that said, if you're really sensitive to the heat/dryness you may end up wanting a glass piece that allows ice. You don't have that option with the pre-order packages, but VXL does offer a HydraTube for ice called the HydraLine. That HL is my main piece with the Cloud.

Hope that helps.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I'm done with testing for now, Im wasted lol. I would suggest leaving your unit on so the heater is awake and ready to give you what you want Cloudchasers. If you go past noon at least imo your in the danger zone if your not ready. At 11 if you give it time, will give you a dense cloud while not eating your herb instantly. After 12-1 imo its killing my herb even if i remove the elb in between hits. Thats all for now, I need to pass out or something. Knicks lost last night, Jets got they ass whooped, and the Giants are barely holding on to a lead against the discount double check-less packers. Thank you EVO for existing so I dont feel the pain lol

VAPORIZER22

I have found that I prefer to start a session with a loosely half filled ELB at 12 o'clock for two or three long hard draws and then kick it up to 1:30-2:00 for the last two or three pulls. At 12:00 I have to draw longer to produce milk, but once it starts producing, it doesn't stop.

My routine is very similar. I pre heat at 12 for 5-10 minutes and drop it down to 11 for the first couple hits. I then turn it back up to 12 for 3-4 hits and finish with a couple more hits at 1:30-2. ABV comes out medium to dark brown depending on the strain. I usually pack a half or 2/3 full ELB.

timmyduboy

I haven't had an experience with my ELBs combusting, I've vaped multiple bowls at up to 3 o'clock (but usually around 1:30)- but I don't usually pack over half in my ELB. I have used kief as well but not too much.

On another note I got my hydratube in a few days ago, a turbine single chamber, and I have to say...my EVO has been working flawlessly since I received it. On a daily basis it runs through about 12-18 bowls and doesn't miss a beat. With the use of a hydratube, the total weight difference in comparison to the OG ticker is significant. The bent neck, small bore, and flared mouthpiece add much more comfort than I imagined. this thing is a freaking monster and an amazing daily driver for home!

That Jets game was so sad to watch. I'm also a Nets fan so I understand your basketball pain at the moment.. :C

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I haven't had an experience with my ELBs combusting, I've vaped multiple bowls at up to 3 o'clock (but usually around 1:30)- but I don't usually pack over half in my ELB. I have used kief as well but not too much.

On another note I got my hydratube in a few days ago, a turbine single chamber, and I have to say...my EVO has been working flawlessly since I received it. On a daily basis it runs through about 12-18 bowls and doesn't miss a beat. With the use of a hydratube, the total weight difference in comparison to the OG ticker is significant. The bent neck, small bore, and flared mouthpiece add much more comfort than I imagined. this thing is a freaking monster and an amazing daily driver for home!

That Jets game was so sad to watch. I'm also a Nets fan so I understand your basketball pain at the moment.. :C
pics of glass please!! you may be the first single chamber owner on here!

weedemon

enthusiast
Yeah, I think Im not used to how quick its heating it up. I might have to remove the ELB between hits to extend the life of the bud. This is the first full day of testing so I shall proceed.
& as far as perfect goes. Thats the plan, make it perfect so I can comatose instantly lol.

I would regularly take my bowls out in between hits. but I only did this if it was an extended period of time. any less than 2 min in between and i'd leave it in though.

Also, I recall pretty much filling my bowl right up (loosely of course) but we are talking 75-90% full everytime. why is such a small amount prefered now? I would also stir my bowls. is that why? no stirring?

and one more thing i though of. (I've never done the mini elb trick reg cap + EQ cap) do you still load the regular cap into an elb "bowl"? will it sit in there my itself? I assume you must use the full elb so that it will fit right, but I wanted to ask.

Last edited:
weedemon,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I would regularly take my bowls out in between hits. but I only did this if it was an extended period of time. any less than 2 min in between and i'd leave it in though.

Also, I recall pretty much filling my bowl right up (loosely of course) but we are talking 75-90% full everytime. why is such a small amount prefered now? I would also stir my bowls. is that why? no stirring?

and one more thing i though of. (I've never done the mini elb trick reg cap + EQ cap) do you still load the regular cap into an elb "bowl"? will it sit in there my itself? I assume you must use the full elb so that it will fit right, but I wanted to ask.
Did you read my tutorial post on how to make it? It explains quite a bit, the EQ cap is in fact larger in diameter than the ELB or ELB cap...so one, it won't fit into the Cloud joint without a little training, and two, the ELB Cap goes into the EQ cap, as a cap...not the other way around. That's why you have to manipulate the ELB cap, so it fits into the 'wider-than-ELB' EQ screen.
photo4-1_zps0c704847.jpg

MiniELB

Also, I prefer small amounts so that I can get the full flavor spectrum in every hit. If I pack the same smaller size bowls, or mainly use the MiniELB, I can finish one bowl in a okay sized hit (nothing absurd) and get great flavor everytime. I'm sure others have reasons...but I like it for that purpose, regular ELB or mini, I usually go with less than more.

Last edited:

Hexi

I'm done with testing for now, Im wasted lol. I would suggest leaving your unit on so the heater is awake and ready to give you what you want Cloudchasers. If you go past noon at least imo your in the danger zone if your not ready. At 11 if you give it time, will give you a dense cloud while not eating your herb instantly. After 12-1 imo its killing my herb even if i remove the elb in between hits. Thats all for now, I need to pass out or something. Knicks lost last night, Jets got they ass whooped, and the Giants are barely holding on to a lead against the discount double check-less packers. Thank you EVO for existing so I dont feel the pain lol

So you combusted with the Evo not the old cloud? Just like that sparking ELB vid? Oh my

makisupacurtain

VXH just told my buddy that he needs to actually send in his cloud for the trade in from indiegogo, yet another friend of mine already received his new EVO tradein without sending anything in. Has anyone sent in a cloud for trade in or been asked to do so?

makisupacurtain,
Reactions: IIIQBIII

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
VXH just told my buddy that he needs to actually send in his cloud for the trade in from indiegogo, yet another friend of mine already received his new EVO tradein without sending anything in. Has anyone sent in a cloud for trade in or been asked to do so?
AFAIK, if you can prove that you own a legitimately purchased Cloud, you do not need to send it in. However, I recall there being some talk about in some cases, some may have to send in their unit. In that case, it still get's sent back, so it's still technically a keep both devices "trade-in."

Purpl3_Haz3,
Top Bottom