Vapes on eBay

SilverHippie

My bff purchased a vaporite in a head shop and paid $150.
I ordered one that looked similar from ebay and paid $50.
We both like mine best.
Also the local shop wanted $45 for a replacement whip. Ebay has them for 2 for $23 to the front door.;)
I just don't like all these purchases on my history there.

SilverHippie,

caseball2051

I thought that it might be useful to post up interactions with ebay sellers that sell vaporizers. There are some good deals there and a thread of this type might be very useful for some people.

thoughts?

Modnote: Just merged 11 eBay related threads. Good idea.

caseball2051,

caseball2051

I am not personally looking right now. I just thought it might add positively to the forums information base.

I know there are feedback options and whatnot on ebay, but the average comsumer is not as knowledgeable as the people here.

caseball2051,
It's a good idea, especially for stuff like the silver surfer which I understand can be had cheaper on ebay than elsewhere. Finding a reseller who doesn't jerk us around would be good.

charliedontsurf,

reloader

Can anyone tell me the difference between the 3.0 and the 4.0. I know obviously the 4.0 Q is the newer model, but I may have a chance to buy a barley used 3.0 for around $100. Is this a good deal, and what are the main differences? Is the 3.0 still a good model if I can get a deal.
Thanks

reloader,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
reloader said:
Can anyone tell me the difference between the 3.0 and the 4.0. I know obviously the 4.0 Q is the newer model, but I may have a chance to buy a barley used 3.0 for around $100. Is this a good deal, and what are the main differences? Is the 3.0 still a good model if I can get a deal.
Thanks

The differences are three temperature sensors instead of one, a much quieter fan, some internal changes to make it more robust, and a cooler look. The v3 (which is the model I own) is an excellent machine. If you can get one for $100, I'd say jump on it.

pakalolo,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i have a general ebay question - not sure where else i could find the answer so here it goes...

i have never used ebay before. i have put a bid on a vaporizer (i was the first bid). the seller agreed to sell me the vaporizer at the agreed upon price in an email response to my bid. great news! however, he then let my bid expire - as well as 4 others. i raised my price and bid again, and that bid expired. he then declined a number of bids. i raised my bid again, but i still havent had any contact from the seller. if my last bid expires i won't be able to bid again.

do i have any rights to claim this vape according to my first bid? is email language not binding in the same way, as a verbal contract would be? i realize that he must accept my bid through the ebay system, but do i have any recourse?

thanks for any advice...

notmyrealUSERname,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Sounds like your seller is screwing with you to artificially raise the bid prices. Of course what I am understanding from your description is not allowed by eBay:

"Some examples of activities that aren't allowed include:

Using member contact information obtained from eBay or using any eBay system to offer to sell any listed item outside of eBay

Canceling a listing to sell to a buyer who found the item on eBay

Ending a listing early to sell the item to the winning bidder a price higher than the current bid

Offering to sell an item to a non-winning bidder without using Second Chance Offer"

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

I would look to another vendor or eBay seller

DeepFried,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
deepfried:

thanks, i kinda figured i would have to let it go. if its too good to be true...

anyone have any experience with vapor-ca? they seem to have the best deal for canadian ebay lurkers like me looking for a volcano. its the same price as from us dealers but free shipping within can. and i would assume no duty taxes!

notmyrealUSERname,

phrike

As some may know from the Arizer Extreme Q thread, I've been hoping to find a cheap source on EBay or elsewhere.

I won an EBay auction Thursday night for an Extreme Q from seller heirloomsandmore. He/she likely has several more to sell. Had 13 at one point.

It was for US $130 + $20 shipping or $150, a very good price, IMO. It may be that these are older units, with silver decal and without the quieter more efficient fan etc. It may also be that no "accessories" such as wand, bag etc. are included, IE just the vape, remote control and power cord.

Seller seems to be acting fishy and some concerns have been raised, are these stolen etc. Here's my reply today from seller:

Hello, First off this is the first email I have received from you other than requesting your total. What is the forum you are talking of? I can not provide the serial number because they are FACTORY SEALED. I have been an ebay member for over 10 years with 100% feedback. I just received a negative which I am in the process of removing, The buyer bought the vaporizer I shipped it out the next morning and that afternoon he opened up 2 cases against me, He has since been given a full refund and is most likely going to keep the vaporizer that I sent. As for my sex, I am female (Anna) my husband is Nick, he is male, and occasionally responds to my email. If you would like to cancel the transaction, thats more than fine with me Thanks Anna

- heirloomsandmore

I'm reasonably satisfied with this response, and I guess I'll pull the trigger and pay. I'll report my results here when product is received. I'm willing to accept, at this price, the unit may be an older model, without some accessories. We shall see.

As for other sellers of cheaper Extreme Q vapes, myrubberneck com seems to have a good price. Got a private message from a member here indicating he ordered there, and while seller was unresponsive via email, he DID get the unit and is satisfied.

There are other cheaper than retail Ebay sellers such as greatbuysusa, and taylandada.

Here's my reply from Debbie at Arizer:

"Normally anyone selling under our (MAP) price of $299.00 for the Extreme is not an Authorized Arizer Distributor, but if you want to order direct from us to ensure you receive what you order along with the full warranty offered. "

So the above are all not authorized vendors, and the warranty may not be valid. Note that minimum advertisable price in Canada is $259, a bit less because manufacturer is in Canada I guess.

Note that vendors CAN add accessories to a package selling for the minimum Arizer allowed prices. For example, some include a free grinder.

phrike,

dobbiedoos

I just bought one on ebay for 130 + 20 shipping. It;s the real deal, the extream q4 I love it, works perfect, it was very well wrapped, the seller heirloomsandmore was extremely nice with a fast response, and super fast shipping!

P.S. if your thinking if buying one I highly recommend getting one, and if you are buying on ebay look for this seller first!:)

dobbiedoos,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
I ordered from the myrubberneck a little while ago. $212 total to canada. shipped same day with usps tracking number. no problems. was in factory sealed box. works great. not sure what the deal is with the warranty

Persona Non Grata,

max

Out to lunch
not sure what the deal is with the warranty
Zephyr isn't honoring the warranty on units purchased from myrubberneck, so I'd certainly be checking with the manufacturer before ordering from one of these lowball sellers. Everybody and his brother is selling vapes these days, and companies like 7th Floor, Zephyr, iolite, and Arizer have stated that they now have authorized dealers. If warranty service is a concern, you need to make sure you're buying from an authorized site.

max,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Prissy's smoke shop guy told me ebay will stop listing vapes

get this

because of all the buyer protection claims they're having to pay off for the cheaply made vapes

and he said ebay is also frustrated by the fact they're getting all of these busted up vapes used and dirty. lol

VWFringe,

phrike

Pappy said:
eBay is suddenly ripe with disreputable sellers. Avoid heirloomsandmore as well. Read the fine print, check feedback, and if a deal sounds too good to be true it probably is.

IMO, heirloomsandmore is not particularly disreputable. Regardless, I am cancelling my order and will buy at $259 including shipping from an authorized Canadian dealer, perhaps KJ Rockwise.

He/she/they ARE slow to respond, and are not familiar with the product. Not only do they not include accessories, but I highly suspect they are selling older model Extreme Qs.

Here is the email I got tonight from them, FWIW. I will take this opportunity to cancel, since they've been so slow and uninformed.

"
You paid for your item on Saturday Oct 30, and I had it packaged ready to ship priority post last night.. thought I would check my emails first, another purchaser, had written me, and sent me an excerpt, from an internet forum,

It would seem, somebody wrote on this site, that they had won this particular auction, and were waiting to see if it included accessories, and would return it, if it didn't.

I've since learned what accessories are - There are NO accessories

As I had my first horrible experience on ebay, a purchaser asked for a refund,just hours, after I sent out his package, Ebay issued a refund, Oddly his was the only item Ive ever sent that didn't arrive. Subsequently all the rest of these go with a tracking #.

"This does not come with any accessories"

Do you still want it?

As I will issue a refund immediately. I don't want anybody dissapointed.

Will send priority first thing in the morning, but, only upon your approval.

Anna

- heirloomsandmore
"

phrike,

SmokingElectricity

I have a vape that i no longer use and i would like to give it a home for someone to use. has anyone here ever sold a used vape on ebay have any tips? is it worth it at all. cleaning very very well is a given.

SmokingElectricity,

george

SmokingElectricity said:
I have a vape that i no longer use and i would like to give it a home for someone to use. has anyone here ever sold a used vape on ebay have any tips? is it worth it at all. cleaning very very well is a given.

You can try to sell it on here. Theres a "Sell you vape/accessories" thread in General Discussion. I sold something on here very quickly

george,

SmokingElectricity

george said:
SmokingElectricity said:

You can try to sell it on here. Theres a "Sell you vape/accessories" thread in General Discussion. I sold something on here very quickly

i have been looking into this. even made a purchase from a nice gentleman on that thread. not sure if anyone here would want the vape i want to sell.

mod note: You guys are getting off topic. eBay selling, not FC.

SmokingElectricity,
Top Bottom