VapePower: High Performance Vaporizer Batteries

natural farmer

Hey mate! I am not far from getting one of those packs from you as well as one of your PA kits for my Solo! They all work well together right? Is 3400mAh the highest pack you can make? Are there any drawbacks with bigger capacities?

natural farmer,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Yep, the battery is a drop in replacement for every version of solo to be made. At the moment 3400mAh is the largestcapacity I can provide, but Panasonic is always hard at work on a newer cell. Right now there is not a component cell available that can beat the one I am using - batteries on ebay or elsewhere advertising capacities of 4000 and above are usually just normal 2200mAh ones in a different wrap.

natural farmer

Yep, the battery is a drop in replacement for every version of solo to be made. At the moment 3400mAh is the largestcapacity I can provide, but Panasonic is always hard at work on a newer cell. Right now there is not a component cell available that can beat the one I am using - batteries on ebay or elsewhere advertising capacities of 4000 and above are usually just normal 2200mAh ones in a different wrap.

Ok, now I get it! So it's 2x3400mAh! What was I thinking? So how much would a battery pack + a PA cost me mate?

natural farmer,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Honestly the PA is not something I would be ready to sell for a while as a consumer grade item. I'm in the process of finalizing its design at the moment and will have them out for beta testers shortly. After that, we can see, but I think it will be at least a month before I can even give a proper estimate as to when I will have them ready.

IIRC, pipes has his PA finished - you might be able to get one of his first batch of units if he still has any left. I really appreciate your support for my projects though! One of the Arizer batteries comes to $48 plus shipping.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hello everyone,

Due to great demand I have decided to offer a cheaper replacement battery for the solo alongside my high capacity solution. These batteries will have a guaranteed capacity of 2400 mAh, making them still slightly larger in capacity to the original stock Solo battery but much cheaper.

To prevent confusion, I will be referring to my first product as the Solo HC (High Capacity) battery, while the new one will be called the Solo SC (Standard Capacity) battery. The only difference between these two versions are their nominal capacities.

An SC battery pack comes to 30 dollars plus shipping for a 2400 mAh battery. I'd also like to reiterate the fact that these batteries will only be using component cells from respected manufacturers like Panasonic or Sanyo to ensure consistently reliable batteries.

Thanks again for all the support FC, this project would not have been possible without you.

Michael

Ralph

How can we order the Solo Hc battery? I went to your site and there is no cart option.

thanks,
Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Ralph,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hey there Bill,

I haven't quite gotten an eCommerce solution up and running just yet, though it is something I am working on. For now all orders will need to be done through email. My email is centizen at centizen dot ca, I look forward to hearing from you.

Till then, have a good one.

Michael

CentiZen,

Ralph

Hey there Bill,

I haven't quite gotten an eCommerce solution up and running just yet, though it is something I am working on. For now all orders will need to be done through email. My email is centizen at centizen dot ca, I look forward to hearing from you.

Till then, have a good one.

Michael
Thanks Michael!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ralph,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hi guys! I wanted to update you all and let everyone know that I've got a new website up for this project, and all of my other projects in the future. There will still be discussion threads for everything I make, but ordering and other official stuff will be taken care of at www.vapepower.ca

This website was done by the awesome folks over at http://woowebdesign.com/, and I'd like to thank them for doing such a great job on it. It just went up less than 24 hours ago, so there might be a few rough edges present as I sort them out, but the ordering process works perfectly. Please send me a message through FC or the Contact button at the top of the web page if you have any issues, or your country is missing from the shipping selection.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Good stuff CentiZen !! :tup:

If you're going to quote me for the site product review, ya think you can get the quote & my handle right ? Just sayin :p

Also, back in the beginning you had mentioned different battery configs for different models/serials (if I'm not mistaken)..... Is there any difference using my purchased one for my M102 in my M105 ? I'm just curious to see if it changes the M105's lack luster before ordering another from ya.

TIA

smokum,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
You can use the battery in any version of the Solo and it will work just fine. I'd give it a shot and see if it works.

Sorry about the quote, it's fixed up now. Not sure what went wrong there.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow happy to see you have a site up! Its clean and simple, very easy to navigate. Well done my man. I know you said had someone else do it, am sure you had alota input. Good luck with it and your future!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Hi guys! I wanted to update you all and let everyone know that I've got a new website up for this project, and all of my other projects in the future. There will still be discussion threads for everything I make, but ordering and other official stuff will be taken care of at www.vapepower.ca

This website was done by the awesome folks over at http://woowebdesign.com/, and I'd like to thank them for doing such a great job on it. It just went up less than 24 hours ago, so there might be a few rough edges present as I sort them out, but the ordering process works perfectly. Please send me a message through FC or the Contact button at the top of the web page if you have any issues, or your country is missing from the shipping selection.
Just visited your new site! Nice! Was looking for the videos mentioned in the Instructions section but couldn't find them. Also, under the Products Description section I was looking for the chart mentioned ("The following charts compare both batteries discharge performance on two different versions of the Arizer Solo. All test cycles were done on level 7 for 12 minutes, with the solo given 15 minutes to cool off in between cycles.") - not there. Will be ordering my HC Solo replacement soon. Continued success with your venture!

Snappo,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Ah, your right - good eye. I'll see what I can do, looks like the picture got lost in a Copy/Paste. I'm planning on having video's available as soon as I can get my hands on a new Solo to video.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi Centizen, I'm a happy Xp owner and I'll need a replacement cell one of these days but I can't find how to replace it? could you explain me when i need it?

PPN,
I just received my new battery pack - thanks for the quick service. I did not receive any written instructions for installation. Is there anything I need to know before I start taking apart my Arizer Solo?? You have a good idea and I am hoping your product is a good deal. Starting off without the written instructions is a bummer though. Jackie in Lake Isabella, Calif. USA

Jackie At The Lake,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hi there Jackie,

I have a complete set of instructions available for you here http://vapepower.ca/instructions/ if you click on "arizer instructions". I do not include any documentation or indicating material when I send the battery as to be as discreet as possible when going through customs.

Let me know how the install process goes for you and how the battery works in the next little while. Have a good one!

Michael

banana_republic

Hi there Jackie,

I have a complete set of instructions available for you here http://vapepower.ca/instructions/ (...)

Hi,

The tutorial is awesome! As a suggestion to make it even better, have you thought about some image or video? There's a very common pupular saying around here "an image is worth 10.000 words".... Also, I had to look for a translator on some terms, as you know, english's really far from my mother language...

Cheers!

banana_republic,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'm planning on making a video but both of my Solo's look like bloody death. All the screws are missing, cracks in the bottom... in the development of these batteries they both got a lot of abuse. So when I make the video I will be using my friends Solo, and I just need to find a time that works well for both of us.

Caligula

Maximus
So if Canada is America's hat, what does that make Mexico?

What type of battery life do you see with the HC battery pack vs the stock unit? I use the solo so much I'm really considering buying this product to help extend time between charges.

Caligula,
Reactions: Dreamerr

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Mexico is America's beard, methinks :)

It depends if you have a metal or ceramic solo. The metal ones can get up to 12 session on a single charge, and the ceramic ones get up to 9.

I've uploaded a video showing the installation for anyone who is interested in checking it out

Last edited:

darco

Hi Centizen,

Am really intrigued with your ability to revive dead Solos and then have them perform longer! :D

Just ordered the high performance battery pack for my Solo. Will see how the shipping goes and then order a second one for my second Solo :)

The order status says backordered. Does that mean I have to wait a while to get these?

darco,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Thanks darco, I'm glad I could help you out.

But to answer your question - I'm afraid so. At the moment I am out of the high quality component cells that I use to make the HC batteries. I ordered my latest batch over two weeks ago, so the time is about right for them to show up any day now; you don't have too long to wait.

CentiZen,
Reactions: darco

darco

Thanks darco, I'm glad I could help you out.

But to answer your question - I'm afraid so. At the moment I am out of the high quality component cells that I use to make the HC batteries. I ordered my latest batch over two weeks ago, so the time is about right for them to show up any day now; you don't have too long to wait.

Thanks for the update, let me know when I should start chasing the postman :)

I am curious, what chemistry batteries are in use here? are they protected / unprotected?

darco,
Top Bottom