VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I cannot believe there is something that makes the vapcap even better. I am so excited about the Skeletor at my desk I'm getting high just thinking about it. I plan on using the Skeletor naked >>> so cool, so steampunk I love the entire concept. Great work @Pipes and thank you!

:love:

I share your esthetic - the ‘container’ I see in my mind is like a small, squared version of the case my dad’s old 8mm projector came in: unhook the latches, pull off the cover to reveal the machine, ready to use... :rofl:

So Skeletor is on his way, and 3 LG-HG2...what am I missing?
Ah, the car cable.

Hope ALL my batteries are just fine...I don't have a tester

freshly baked

Hey everyone. Just received my skelator and wanted to say thanks to pipes and everyone here for all the hard work and great info. This thing changes the game!

If I had a gripe about the vapcap it was definitely the torch.

I love this thing more than ever now thanks to pipes.
I just finished installing it in a fossil watch tin. Just had to snip the tic tac container a little and it fits like a glove. The metal is super thin and dents easily but with a little more care than I took... one could get better results I'm sure.
Thanks again @Pipes!

Ps ... I do realize the test board is upside down.. stoner move lol!

Last edited:

freshly baked

I should report I experienced an issue with the enclosure so if you try this take extra care in insulating from the metal.

freshly baked,

xlr8shun

i too wonder if your metal tin might have allowed some short of sorts..

from my understanding, talking with Pipes on a similar issue, there are some protections in place in the circuitry, maybe you tripped it. try plugging in your charger, then unplugging it. this could potentially reset the unit so it'll work again.

i use an old (non magnetic strip) gift card to shield the BMS board from fingers and such, which i think was creating some static electricity when handled. maybe a similar issue for you @freshly baked ?

wxwP1WLl.jpg

DirtyD

One of my wedges is a folded lottery scratch off ticket. No, not a winner..

Fold it over twice and you have a recycled 'spring wedge.'... keeps everything in place
Cheers, D

DirtyD,
Reactions: Squiby

Square4Life

How "charred" is everyone's wooden dowel inside the induction heater (the part you push the VC against) getting over time? Haven't pulled mine out yet but it appears to have gotten quite black from heat.

I started looking because without changing anything at all...i was previously counting to 4 but now if I don't pull it out right after 3 counts, I start to combust.

Square4Life,
Reactions: Derrrpp

xlr8shun

i know both of mine came with some "char" on them already.. i believe this is due to how Pipes cuts them..

spins the dowel and holds the cutter in place.. didnt he have a video somewhere..?..

its also something i have been 'keeping an eye on'.. but i havent really noticed any more charring.. maybe a very very slight amount, but i suspect once the char is there, its kind of a protective layer against the hot cap charring it more..

Square4Life

Thanks for the quick response.

I know what you mean about the initial char although I know this is more than that for two reasons.

1.) It's WAY darker than the initial char, I don't mean to exaggerate but it is definitely noticeable. I'll take a pic later when I get home.
2.) I sanded my dowel slightly but enough it wasn't charred anymore. So I had a 'clean slate' after sanding it. Just to be clear, I did not do this as a means to remove the initial char.

It's not like it is catching fire or anything. Just curious if it needs replacing periodically or if it is fine as it is.

Again, maybe it is in my head and I'm counting slower but it really seems to be heating the VC much quicker than previously as well. Maybe it's the strain. Or the moisture in the strain. I dunno but using my one, one-thousand, two, one-thousand, etc method....I was pulling out on 4 and it wouldn't combust and now pulling out around 3 can be iffy. Been leaning more towards pulling out after 'two, one-thousand'.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, the JarHead does not have the dowel or any way to adjust the depth of the receiver. That isn't a problem, just an observation. Looking into the opening it looks like a big orange oring and a copper contact at the bottom. I can't look in from the side because I haven't had the heart to mess with Donald...
Added: Awww, here's a pic...
QU78lK1.jpg

Last edited:

Square4Life

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom