Underdog Log Vapes

zymos

That thing looks great, and a million times easier to clean than the AV.
Calling around now to see if I can find one locally....

zymos,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
In the video I was using the thick tubing that comes standard with the UD but have since started using the thin walled 3/8" tubing. I have found it to a lot more flexible and will mold to match just about any gong fitting or bubbler. This is the tubing I use now for all my bubbler and attachments. I now only use the thick walled tubing as stems for dry hits.

Speaking of... Dave, can you send me a Paypal invoice for 5' of the thin walled tubing. I made a nice UD whip out of the last one I got from you and need a new length to have on hand for bubbler fittings.

I sold that one in the video to a fellow UD owner in Australia because he could not find a place to ship him one. I replaced it with this one on page 92

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=6164&p=92

Gonzo,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Sure thing Gonzo, do you want me to get it ready to send out right away or do you want to wait a few extra days and have me send the tubing back with your UD?

Where'd you get that BC 49 bubbler, is there somewhere to get one online? Would you recommend that one or the other ones I already linked to?

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Dave, you can send it back with the UD. That bubbler is made by Silika Glass. I was so impressed with the small one that I picked up one of their larger Sherlock bubblers as well. Here is a link to their bubbler page....

http://silikaus.com/products/bubblers/

The larger one I picked up is BC 47. Really loving both these pieces, I am a fan of showerhead bubblers though. The pictures really do not do them justice. The glass is sturdy and extremely clear. I also think PB 15 is another nice one to pair with the UD.

*Edit* To answer your question Dave, I would recommend the Silika over the Grav Labs. Both are nice but I prefer the showerhead design to the Tree Perc slit design.

Gonzo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Gonzo, according to the website in that link Dave posted the two larger Grav Labs also have showerhead diffusers. You can see it in the (tiny) picture as well. They're a bit more expensive than the smaller ones though.

OhTheAgony,
Muut said:
I have a question: how much weed do you put in your stem?

I have to unload my stem, mix up my weed, and put it back to get more vapor some times..

I was used to shake my Extreme Q to mix my weed between hits, how do you do with the UD? no need?

Pro Tip: if you take your stem out after every hit/ever other hit you can just put your thumb over the side of tubing with weed packed in it and then flick your finger against it a couple times; this gives the exact same effect of stirring it with a paperclip/whatever. As for how much bud I generally don't put more than 1/2" of tubing if not less, depends how high you want to get :peace:

JoeFinny,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
OhTheAgony said:
Gonzo, according to the website in that link Dave posted the two larger Grav Labs also have showerhead diffusers. You can see it in the (tiny) picture as well. They're a bit more expensive than the smaller ones though.

My LHS sells the larger and smaller models as well as the Silika bubblers. The larger Grav Labs have the Showerhead but not the smaller Grav Labs. Thats why I recommended the smaller Silika which has the Showerhead. I liked the look of the larger Grav Labs but decided to go with the Silika because it had a 18mm gong attachment. Neither of the Grav Labs hammer bubblers have the gong attachment.

Gonzo,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Damn I am fogged !
I remember that different packing methods have been discussed so i decided to share mine :).

Small loads with dry herb/wet herb. - when i need to achieve the one hit wonder i grind very finely almost at sand(honestly i don't grind but i collect the dusted material which falls off the nugs and use it to that purpose).. I will usually retard the airflow if you pack too much.. but it will milk again .. i just don't like to suck.. i like dragfree. When you load small enough to cover the screen there is no such problem. With that tech i use also screen position as closest to the core as possible.. and that way i get all in one strike.
When my material isnt done dry i would just chop a tiny bud in 2-3 pieces and put it in the stem.. Then stir after every hit.. 0.05 lasts for 2-3 bonghits.
Medium to big loads wit dry/wet herb - When my herb is dry ,for me it is a shame to grind it.. So much kief wasted :). I just put a whole bud in the stem.. and hit it away..
Anyway if airflow stucks you can pierce the bud with a poker a few times.. After one hit it is getting very easy to grind it down to sand while it is in the bowl..
With wetter buds i stick the bud in the stem, if it is undense (not solid or pressed) i just vape away but if it is rock hard i chop while it is inside the stem with a tiny nail Scissors..
When i don't grind nothing sticks to grinder or my fingers + i don't spill .. It is very important to me that anything active goes into the stem and in my brain.. not my fingers.. so even i have to chop grind i would do it inside the stem.
As a bonus the none grinding method gives a very nice kief taste on the first one-two hits.. cuz you are vaporizing off the very surface of the bud where the kief is :).

Abysmal Vapor,
Yeah my friend and I used it after 45 mins of being plugged in, and didn't get clouds. And the herb wasn't really THAT brown..so we thought the vape couldn't get to the right temperature. I came back from a party 3 hours later and used it and it milked the bong and ripped me :o. Once warmed up for an hour, it's incredible...Compared to my Arizer Solo, this thing gets me to a much higher level :ko:

Ghosthunter987,

SD_haze

Abysmal Vapor said:
Damn I am fogged !
I remember that different packing methods have been discussed so i decided to share mine :).

Small loads with dry herb/wet herb. - when i need to achieve the one hit wonder i grind very finely almost at sand(honestly i don't grind but i collect the dusted material which falls off the nugs and use it to that purpose).. I will usually retard the airflow if you pack too much.. but it will milk again .. i just don't like to suck.. i like dragfree. When you load small enough to cover the screen there is no such problem. With that tech i use also screen position as closest to the core as possible.. and that way i get all in one strike.
When my material isnt done dry i would just chop a tiny bud in 2-3 pieces and put it in the stem.. Then stir after every hit.. 0.05 lasts for 2-3 bonghits.
Medium to big loads wit dry/wet herb - When my herb is dry ,for me it is a shame to grind it.. So much kief wasted :). I just put a whole bud in the stem.. and hit it away..
Anyway if airflow stucks you can pierce the bud with a poker a few times.. After one hit it is getting very easy to grind it down to sand while it is in the bowl..
With wetter buds i stick the bud in the stem, if it is undense (not solid or pressed) i just vape away but if it is rock hard i chop while it is inside the stem with a tiny nail Scissors..
When i don't grind nothing sticks to grinder or my fingers + i don't spill .. It is very important to me that anything active goes into the stem and in my brain.. not my fingers.. so even i have to chop grind i would do it inside the stem.
As a bonus the none grinding method gives a very nice kief taste on the first one-two hits.. cuz you are vaporizing off the very surface of the bud where the kief is :).

I like to do this with the super-frosty tops of good buds. The most resinous part, and I cut off a very small piece and it works quite well.

I use a curved dental poker and the UD does a great job getting it brittle enough to be easily poked up to increase the surface area and get all the goodies.

SD_haze,

underdog

Manufacturer
Ghosthunter987 said:
Yeah my friend and I used it after 45 mins of being plugged in, and didn't get clouds. And the herb wasn't really THAT brown..so we thought the vape couldn't get to the right temperature. I came back from a party 3 hours later and used it and it milked the bong and ripped me :o. Once warmed up for an hour, it's incredible...Compared to my Arizer Solo, this thing gets me to a much higher level :ko:

Glad you discovered it just needed to warm up more Ghost.. that pieces is a really big one so yeah it's going to have a longer heat-up time as you discovered. Anyways, again, glad you got those UD clouds. :cool:

underdog,

Tai Sun

Just wondering if i was to order a UD, i read that international shipping can be arranged on the website but i think i may have heard elsewhere you dont ship to Australia ? Im most probably wrong and sorry for posting if my answer was a page away and i didnt look hard enough but i did look, just trying to confirm. And a couple of other things, is there anything else i will need to connect it to my power supply ? Anything extra needed for use with water pipes ? And one last question i noticed there wasnt many models available left on the website i was wondering if there were new ones coming in stock soon or if it is possible to custom order one ?

Thanks for any help and advice its just my first log vape and im trying to find details, sorry for asking answered questions if i did ! :peace:

Tai Sun,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Gonzo said:
OhTheAgony said:

My LHS sells the larger and smaller models as well as the Silika bubblers. The larger Grav Labs have the Showerhead but not the smaller Grav Labs. Thats why I recommended the smaller Silika which has the Showerhead. I liked the look of the larger Grav Labs but decided to go with the Silika because it had a 18mm gong attachment. Neither of the Grav Labs hammer bubblers have the gong attachment.

I thought you hadn't noticed the larger ones had those diffusers, never mind then :)

Btw, I find it hard to estimate the size of, well, all of them. Could you give us some measurements of the height of the bowl part and the length of the mouthpieces of the ones you have please?

Also, do you use a 14mm adapter with the one with the 18mm GonG connection, or do you have another way of pairing that with your UD stems?

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Tai Sun said:
Just wondering if i was to order a UD, i read that international shipping can be arranged on the website but i think i may have heard elsewhere you dont ship to Australia ? Im most probably wrong and sorry for posting if my answer was a page away and i didnt look hard enough but i did look, just trying to confirm. And a couple of other things, is there anything else i will need to connect it to my power supply ? Anything extra needed for use with water pipes ? And one last question i noticed there wasnt many models available left on the website i was wondering if there were new ones coming in stock soon or if it is possible to custom order one ?

Thanks for any help and advice its just my first log vape and im trying to find details, sorry for asking answered questions if i did ! :peace:
Well there are some Australian owning UD for sure,, I am pretty sure Dave does shipping to Australia... Even if he doesnt check ot here http://lacentralevapeur.com/17_underdog-aromatherapy :).
Also you might check the sales sections.. there is an Awesome UD for 150 $ in Australia :).. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=7486 Check it out.. I wont miss the chance to get it fast .. i can imagine it takes some time to hit Australia..

Abysmal Vapor,

Muut

So, I'm back for some more feedbacks about my UD.

After 2-3 days of use, I can say the different smells disapeared (walnut oil + stem silicone).

I love holding the device in my hand, I love the feel of the wood, it's really nice.

The taste is a bit less "neutral" than on the Extreme Q but I kinda like it and I think it will still become better with time.

I found that my Arizer power adapter is the same size. It delivers 12V, and 1.5A. I am good to try it? Hope I won't burn my UD :lol:

And now, my ABV ends light brown instead of green/light yellow. ;)

Muut,

djonkoman

as long as it's 12 volt and the same or higher as the recommended amperage you're ok. higher amps doesn't matter, only means the adapter has to do less work
and the recommended is 0,8 so with your 1,5 you're good

djonkoman,

Muut

Muut,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
@OTA
The smaller bubbler is 2" from base to top of bowl and the mouthpiece is 3"long from tip to base. It is small enough to fit in the palm of my hand and about half the size of my Big Leaf Maple UD UberTwig.

The larger bubbler is 12" from the base to the top of the mouthpiece. The larger one has the 14mm gong attachment and I am using a 14/18mm reducer from ALT ($15). I will try to get some photos of my setup today.

Gonzo,
I use an Everest mini bong with the 7th floor adapter and some 3ft silicone tubing. You don't even have to hold the UD if you don't want to, which is nice. It can sit where it always is while I rip the bong up to 3 feet away :p

Ghosthunter987,

Abysmal Vapor

Well I guess that we've came to the conclusion that UD is kicking ass so much that everyone thinks they got a "magic setup" ... IMO UD get you vaked no matter what packing,drawing rate screen position ,filtration,type of grind.. at the end you are fogged out of your mind :p.

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Tai Sun said:

Hi Tai,

I do ship to Australia, the shipping fee is $30.

After having many, many problems with sourcing reliable power supplies I am now asking that you provide your own, any 12v DC power supply with a 2.1mm tip and power rating of 1000ma (1A) is fine. These are just about the most common power supply on earth so shouldn't be too hard to find locally, I recommend an older style one (the larger / heavier kind) vs one of the new tiny kind for cell phones and whatnot but you can try whatever you want. I give you a $15 credit off your order for providing your own power supply.

I will be adding new pieces to the site over the next few days so stay tuned.

I believe most people are able to use the standard silicone tubing to connect to most of their water toys, if I'm wrong someone will chime in and correct me I'm sure.

If you've got more questions just holler!

Alright I'm back to the shop to finish more pieces now.. :peace:

underdog,

zymos

Abysmal Vapor said:
Well I guess that we've came to the conclusion that UD is kicking ass so much that everyone thinks they got a "magic setup" ... IMO UD get you vaked no matter what packing,drawing rate screen position ,filtration,type of grind.. at the end you are fogged out of your mind :p.

Amen brother!

zymos,
Top Bottom