Underdog Log Vapes

zymos

OTA-
I totally understand where you are coming from, and like I said, I'm in the minority. When I was combusting, I still had similar habits though-tapped out the bowl once the green was gone, even if there might have been another hit or 2 left

I also have a pretty low tolerance, in spite of using MJ on and off for decades. With the UD, I am using less than ever though. Amazing how the tiniest pinch can do so much! (Damn good herb though, if I do say so myself :cool: )

zymos,

Muut

I have a question: how much weed do you put in your stem?

I have to unload my stem, mix up my weed, and put it back to get more vapor some times..

I was used to shake my Extreme Q to mix my weed between hits, how do you do with the UD? no need?

Muut,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I just realized, I haven't even told you to play around with your screen-height to attempt to get the ABV darker if you want to. And I haven't even vaped that much today :lol: You can move the screen in the stem further away or closer to the heat source to make it perform hotter or cooler.

I usually use around 0,8 gram as my favorite load-size. I can get around 6 good bong hits out of that if I heat my UD under the blankets or similar with my car adapter (not sure if you ordered one with your UD too). I use a stainless steel SSV pick to stir my herbs between every hit, sometimes every other hit when I'm lazy or took a smaller hit.

OhTheAgony,

Muut

ha ok cool i will try different haights to see whats suits me best.

mmmh what is 0,8? I tought first of 0.8g, but that would not fit into the stem, and I believe you would get more than 6 hits haha

Muut,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Sorry man, that should have been 0,08 gram, lol Perhaps even less, I get around 12 to 15 bowls out of a gram.

I guess this haze I got today is really working nicely :D

OhTheAgony,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
OhTheAgony said:
They keep communicating with the home base? Apple-ish, not good.. :p

But noted, 13V it is, thanksies. Would it be safe to leave it on 13V 24/7 too then, if I found a fixed-voltage PSU?

As long as your piece remains at 22 ohms then a 13v PS would be totally fine to leave on 24/7 as it would drive it at the spec'd temp instead of a bit cool like you're experiencing.

Muut said:
I have a question: how much weed do you put in your stem?

I have to unload my stem, mix up my weed, and put it back to get more vapor some times..

I was used to shake my Extreme Q to mix my weed between hits, how do you do with the UD? no need?

Hi Mutt, welcome!

Yes your piece should be rated for 24/7 use and could probably stand to run that way (or as much as possible) for the first few days to continue seasoning and dissipate smells/taste of the finish.

The way I use my stems is to gently suck up a bit of herb until the stem has maybe 4-6mm on top of the screen or until it just feels right. Then I usually get 2-3 hits before tapping it out into a small cup (by kind of knocking the stem upside down on the side of the cup) so I can look at it and decide if I want to give it another go. If so I reload and repeat the above, if not I toss it and start fresh. Many times I am happy vaping mine to a dark-yellow color but sometimes like before bed I might want to give it some more so it's darker.

Also as you have noticed and some others have noted too the silicone can taste a little off at first but it does fade rapidly, sometimes the UDs themselves also loose the flavor/smell of the finishing oil (walnut) after a day or two for most people.

darkrom said:
So Dave I present with you the shittiest MS paint drawing you will ever see containing my half baked idea to make the first "log bag" setup :lol: For whatever reason lately the idea of bags is appealing since I can let the vapor cool and take my time hitting it.

Haha nice darkrom, nice! I like the ingenuity but I not sure how good that strategy would work in practice, I imagine that the vapor might not be too inclined to leave the stem and get in the bag. I have built a forced air one when I was messing around with the Dog House and did get it to fill bags but I found myself thinking 'what am I doing?' when I realized I was fiddling around with the thing for like 10 minutes when I could have just taken a couple direct hits and gotten on with my business in 30 seconds lol. :lol: I might play with the idea again sometime but I think I realized I'm just not really a bag kinda guy.

@ OTA - not sure if it works on your keyboard over there but on USA keyboards you can hold ALT and type 0176 then release ALT to get the . :peace:

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Dave... happy to fiddle with bag experiments any time you'd like :D Keep in touch with me about this if it's something you think is still possible. I would pay for the ability to have the option of bagging that sweet vapor!

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks Dave!

That keyboard trick is the first thing that came up on google, supposedly 248 instead of 0176 should also work, but not on mine unfortunately. Strange enough I do have a US type keyboard, and I also have my keyboard settings on US in Windows :shrug:

Darkrom; I'm not a bag-fan (pun intended) at all, but I think the easiest way to do that with one of the existing dogs is to create some kind of (silicon?) nozzle that would go around a stem but sealed against the UD around the area where the air comes in with a small (fish tank?) pump attached to it on the other end. If you leave an opening in the middle of the nozzle for the regular stems you can just attach a bag to the other end of the stem, or use it without a bag as a forced air vape perhaps.

OhTheAgony,

zymos

How about a manual bag filler?

Sort of a piston like those tubular bike pumps that clip on a bike frame?

just brainstorming...

zymos,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Brainstorming session under way :)

I would fill the bag by any means necessary at this point. Maybe a whole new vape based on the doghouse and bags? I'd buy it knowing UD quality and Dave's customer support. Not sure why I'm suddenly on a bag kick lol.

darkrom,

djonkoman

I think for bags it would be easier to create the suction by something based on how a gravity bong works, or those fake lungs they had in highschool to demonstrate how the lungs work

djonkoman,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
How about a cheap electric vacuum pipe and a bag.
You can laugh here :)
It is found on many headshops for cheap money.. :) It draws quite fast i guess but with nice packing and the UD free airflow it will probably work like a charm :).
Note that this will also enable water filtration :p.

Abysmal Vapor,

djonkoman

makes me think of that cheech&chong movie where the policechief had somethng like that, think it was nice dreams

djonkoman,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
How about a cheap electric vacuum pipe and a bag.
You can laugh here :)
It is found on many headshops for cheap money.. :) It draws quite fast i guess but with nice packing and the UD free airflow it will probably work like a charm :).
Note that this will also enable water filtration :p.

Damn, good find Abysmal.. I bet one could easily get that to work with a standard UD! Someone (besides me) should try it.. :p

underdog,

zymos

Thinking about getting an Aquavape for my dog.
Anyone know if it will fit the UD tubing?

Any other devices in the same price range I should consider?

Thanks!

zymos,

caseball2051

for that price id order a nice small water pipe to attach to your UD.

you can get some nice glass inthat price range.

caseball2051,

zymos

Thanks guys.
With the ones you linked to, the tubing just pushes into the top?

zymos,

underdog

Manufacturer
I think so Zymos, if I remember from Gonzo's video it looked like he was using a short piece of the thick silicone tubing on his UD (maybe with a beveled edge) and just pushing it into the top.. maybe someone can remember where his video is?

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
These are the ones I think (scroll down to second post): click me

I can also recommend a simple 10 to 12" tube with a nice diffused downstem. Ehle for EU, RX or SSFG for the US. Preferably with a 14,4mm GonG connection as it mates without adapters with a lot of vapes.

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
OhTheAgony said:
These are the ones I think (scroll down to second post): click me

I can also recommend a simple 10 to 12" tube with a nice diffused downstem. Ehle for EU, RX or SSFG for the US. Preferably with a 14,4mm GonG connection as it mates without adapters with a lot of vapes.

Yep that's it! You rock OTA!

underdog,
Top Bottom