Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Ghosthunter987 said:
When will the new pups be posted?

:peace:

Sorry Ghost didn't see your post earlier.. I'll be posting some pups a bit later in the week hopefully.

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Dave, perhaps you missed my previous post, but is there any way to lower the resistance of my UD?

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well guys i have the same problem you have with heating.. only when in my parents house (in a smaller town) .. There might be some powernetworks unsuiting to the ud.. and may be lower or underpowered ones..
My problem is that the dog is not reaching my sweetspot without a coozie there + much longer heat up.. I hope soon we figure out a power supple which wont bitch on any EU network..
Of course a digital variable ps will solve all those issues but... i dont like the size.. I hope that i trip on smth that does the same job with the size of an mobile phone or smth..

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
OhTheAgony said:
Dave, perhaps you missed my previous post, but is there any way to lower the resistance of my UD?

Hi OTA, yeah I didn't see this one either, sorry. There's no good way to lower the resistance in the UD, it's basically just the plug and the resistor itself so no where to really trim away an ohms from. Using a different sized resistor isn't a good option either in case you're about to ask, too hard to control the results that way and hit a specific temp.

I've been told that there's a store called Technisch doe-het-zelf Centrum on De Voorstreek street in your city that sells decent power supplies if you ever happen to be in the market.

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, you been googling in my neighborhood Dave? That's a pretty good shop if you're looking for something, I always buy my vacuum cleaner bags there, lol. But across the street from them is an even better electronics shop with more knowledgeable personnel, much better prices and a larger assortment. Unfortunately neither have something in DC that goes over 12V accept the larger variable PSUs, which I still have doubts about getting because of portability. I mean, I'll probably end up getting one of those, but that will be just for home use and right now I'm looking for something I can use everywhere.

To bad we can't change the resistance, that would've been a cool(hot) solution.
Thanks for the info anyways!

So you to aye Abysmal? I wonder what that is, I always assumed we'd have better power here because we have twice the volts, but I guess not. I tried my UD again yesterday with the other PSU from my external HDD, but I could only get green ABV and one or two hits per bowl without stuffing it under the blankets for an hour or so. It was fun to use it again though, I kinda missed using the little fellow already.

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ OTA - nah I'm too lazy to spend much time googling your neighborhod.. I've got an ever growing pack of international UDs to do that for me haha. :cool: Good to know about the better shop I'll add it to my notes, thanks. I was thinking last night about your piece and you asking if we could reduce the resistance, well as already stated that's not really an option but we can compensate with increased voltage so I crunched some numbers.. if it's registering 22 ohms (and you might want to verify with the tip from an adapter to make measuring easier and more accurate) then you can get it to spec'd temps with 13v instead of 12.

I know you don't have a variable supply right now but just in case you do in the future you'll know what voltage to start at.

Alright I'm back to the shop to finish a rush order that just came in but I'll be back later in case anyone needs anything. :peace:

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
They keep communicating with the home base? Apple-ish, not good.. :p

But noted, 13V it is, thanksies. Would it be safe to leave it on 13V 24/7 too then, if I found a fixed-voltage PSU?

OhTheAgony,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Yes they are Ghosthunter, depending on when you purchased it. Do you have the Bamboo UberTwig? That was one sweet piece. Dave can jump in if I'm wrong but I think all UberTwigs were cleared for 24/7 operation with a handful being an exception.

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
Yes they are Ghosthunter, depending on when you purchased it. Do you have the Bamboo UberTwig? That was one sweet piece. Dave can jump in if I'm wrong but I think all UberTwigs were cleared for 24/7 operation with a handful being an exception.

Not the UberTwig that's still here, he's got the Big Bamboo Log and yeah it's got the 24/7 core in it...

underdog,

Muut

Hey everyone.

First post on FC^^

I'm from France I got myself a nice underdog vaporizer from a french "retailer".

I'm so excited about trying it (I have to wait tonight because I have some work this afternoon). This is why I have one simple question:

Do I have to leave my UD for a little while on before first use? (I'm sorry I did't get any notice with my package, only the device and accessorys (for me discretion).

I will do a review for the frenchs if you want to dig in the french market. I already seduced one of my friends who wasn't even that impressed with my Extreme Q^^

Muut,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Which one you got Muut ? Can you share a photo of what you got.. ?
For optimal results i need 20-30 minutes of preheating.. Once it is hot... it is hot until you turn it off. Better check with Dave if you got a core rated for 24/7 use or you got the older style :). Welcome to the pack :).

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think he got his from FLskwat, and as far as I know he only has larger Dogs in stock atm. I'd leave it on at least one hour before use to warm up properly, Muut.

Welcome to FC btw! Please let us know how you like your UD. Some of us in the EU (I'm from the Netherlands myself) have some problems with the 220V adapter, so I'm curious about your experiences.

Enjoy the vape one your first go tonight!

OhTheAgony,

zymos

Muut said:
Do I have to leave my UD for a little while on before first use? (I'm sorry I did't get any notice with my package, only the device and accessorys (for me discretion).

I would.
In the first place, you have to heat it up 20-30 minutes before use anyway.

Also, when they are new there IS a smell (in my experiences with 2 different ones, plus my son's one) that will go away in a day or 2.

Welcome to the pack- you're gonna love it!

zymos,

Muut

Hey everyone.

Thank you for your fast answers.

I got one named the "melloyello" (http://www.underdogvapes.com/catalog/vapes/all-vapes/11579/).
I got it for 190 which was 30 less than my Extreme Q (good deal^^). The website I bought it from is : http://lacentralevapeur.com/
It's a really small vaporizer shop but it's the only site I could find an Underdog on. (2 days shipping sweet!)

I will let you know if I have any issues with the power adapter.. btw I live in Germany until August so I won't be able to test it on french plugs but they are the same here ;)

First Impression: Ok, the smell and the taste is horrible^^ it tastes like brand new plastic thanks the silicon tube :p I will probably wash my second tube before use lol.

But WOW, i get really nice hits from nothing! I'm trying out some great strains from Amsterdam. I already feel my Extreme Q will only be used for bags now :/ :rolleyes:

Muut,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I like the one you picked. And yeah, that's FLskwat's shop (he is a member here on FC too).

What I did with the silicon before use was to put it on the hot Dog for 5 to ten minutes or so, then turn it around and put the other end on the UD for another 5 minutes or so. Repeat after letting the stem cooled down when wanted. This seems to help getting rid of the taste/smell quicker.

Or did he perhaps get some of the old tubing you used before switching, Dave?

I only use small 5cm long pieces of silicon as a bowl/stem btw, because I always vape through a waterpipe. It might take a little longer for longer stems to become more neutral in taste/smell.

edit: what color is your ABV when you're done with it? Do you keep vaping until you get no more visible vapor?

OhTheAgony,

Muut

haha well now it makes sense why he sells UD. Because he might be the only one in France selling them!

the taste is changing a little. I put one of my Arizer Extreme Q mouthtips at the end of the tube. Suits perfectly and I prefer the size of it (the silicone tube makes me think I'm sucking it lol).

The only thing I noticed, is even after some big hits, my weed is still green/yellow :o but I cannot vaporize it anymore... it's pretty strange lol

Muut,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah, that is the same problem I have with mine unfortunately. My 220V adapter (the one that came with the UD) only gives off 11,3V so it's a bit underpowered. I'm not sure if you have a volt meter to check yours with, or do you have another power supply you can try perhaps? A non-switching one rated at 12V DC would be the best, with a minimal capacity of 1A/1000mAh.

OhTheAgony,

Muut

I will have to buy one I think. I don't think I need more power I don't know.

There is something I don't understand with vaporization.

I will try to explain fast & clearly.

I usually vaporize starting from 180 to max 195 with my Extreme Q. A session lasts 45min. My weed is light yellow/dust colors at the end.
When I was in France, I was smoking some more local weeds and they always turned brown/dark brown at the end, but I usually finishing at 220.

Now, when I don't have any more vapor at 195, even if I switch to 215, I wont get any vapor. It is like, whatever the temps, a session will ALWAYS last the same time.

Then when underpowered, what temperature you think you getting? because even if my weed is still green/yellow, i think I already vaporized all it.

Muut,

darkrom

Great Scott!
So Dave I present with you the shittiest MS paint drawing you will ever see containing my half baked idea to make the first "log bag" setup :lol: For whatever reason lately the idea of bags is appealing since I can let the vapor cool and take my time hitting it.

6ktYn.png

Behold my masterpiece :rolleyes:

Anyway basically a tube through bag design, but you have little slits in the middle of the bag that allow the vapor to fill into the bag. Then at the top there is either a fan pulling the air through (battery powered perhaps?) until the bag is full of vapor at the density you prefer. If not a fan to pull the vapor up the tube, maybe even a manual filling bag where you inhale at the top where said fan would go?

To have the UD filling bags would be remarkable IMO. Can we discuss if this is even possible? I know there WILL be flaws in my design since I just kinda threw this together in my head while thinking about bag vapes, but it seems pretty low cost, at least the very beta idea I had would be. If it would work or not....that's what I'm leaving up to the smarter folks.

darkrom,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
A while back I think I remember Dave saying he built a bag blowing UD when he made the DogHouse. I could be wrong though. Also, fogn me up for a bag blowing UD :D

Gonzo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Muut said:
I will have to buy one I think. I don't think I need more power I don't know.

There is something I don't understand with vaporization.

I will try to explain fast & clearly.

I usually vaporize starting from 180 to max 195 with my Extreme Q. A session lasts 45min. My weed is light yellow/dust colors at the end.
When I was in France, I was smoking some more local weeds and they always turned brown/dark brown at the end, but I usually finishing at 220.

Now, when I don't have any more vapor at 195, even if I switch to 215, I wont get any vapor. It is like, whatever the temps, a session will ALWAYS last the same time.

Then when underpowered, what temperature you think you getting? because even if my weed is still green/yellow, i think I already vaporized all it.

I estimate mine runs at 180 to 185 degrees Celsius. How do you make that little degree-symbol btw? I always type out the word because I don't know how to do that, lol.

I'm not sure why you couldn't get anymore vapor when trying it at a hotter temperature though. I can still get vapor out of the stuff that my UD is done with, when I put it in one of my hotter running vaporizers I get at least another two or 3 good hits before it is spend. It does vary per strain how quick it turns brown though. Dryness and quality also have some effect on how weed vapes in my experience. I have run in two or 3 strains/harvests that wouldn't vape at all even, while it was very very potent when smoked in a joint. Not sure what causes this, but that's just how it is it seems.

But I'm glad you are satisfied whit how your UD vapes, it doesn't have to be a problem for everyone luckily. I've always been a high temp vaporist myself, but that is just my preference.

Darkrom, how do you plan to prevent the vapor from being sucked out along with the air by the fan with a construction like that? Blowing a bag up seems a lot easier to accomplish than filling one through suction imo.

OhTheAgony,

zymos

I know I'm in the minority here, but the color of ABV is totally irrelevant to me. I load small hits, take one toke, and blow out the ABV (or probably "partially been vaped"). I'm all about the fresh taste (well the effect too). I CAN see how it would be frustrating to use the color as a marker, then not be able to achieve it with a different vape. It's one of the only indicators of what is going on, other than putting a thermometer in there, so it seems easy to be wondering if it is working the way it should be.

I guess if I was buying weed, I'd care more about getting everything out of it, but outdoor homegrown is essentially free...

zymos,

Muut

well even if I have to buy my weed, I don't like it at high temps. Of course, the first draws are the better but I got a bit further than the first hits lol.

@OhTheAgony well the is on my keyboard lol (french keyboard).

Now I am excited that my UD starts to smell a bit better because I could't taste the weed at all even with big clouds lol

Muut,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Zymos, I am still converting/have just converted (?) from smoking, and I simply need the high temp goodies to be satisfied. Perhaps that changes when I haven't smoked for a longer period of time, but for now I am used to- ,and sort of dependent on, them. I think it is the same for a lot of medicinal users who use mj as pain medication as well. If I only stuck to first hits I'd have to load at least 20 bowls per session before I'd feel anything at all. That would not only take me a lot of time to medicate, but a it would also multiply my monthly mj budget by several times.

High tolerance is a bitch man, growing your own can help a bit though.

edit:

Crap Muut, I have to get me a French keyboard then, lol. Do you guys use the 'AZERTY' layout like the Belgiums do or is it in 'QWERTY' at least?

Just in case, where is this little '' key located on yours? Perhaps it'll work on mine to *crosses fingers*

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom